Them's Fightin' Herds Funded

Smartbrony

Haven't reached any stretch goals yet actually, though I sure hope they do. Three days left still so it's possible. Linux version would be good for me and a seventh character would be good for everyone.

But yeah, really happy to see it fully funded. Great news.  I'll definitely be playing it lots when it's out.

I'm not a fighting game fan, but I'm very happy that an indie game dev team (with Lauren Faust on board no less!) has succeeded in making their dream come true.

I'm not a fighting game fan, but I'm very happy that an indie game dev team (with Lauren Faust on board no less!) has succeeded in making their dream come true.

That's the coolest part about it.

It sucked that Hasbro had to place copyright claims, thus removing the original game.

But honestly, this makes things a whole lot better, with Lauren Faust supporting them with her new lore.

That's the coolest part about it.

It sucked that Hasbro had to place copyright claims, thus removing the original game.

But honestly, this makes things a whole lot better, with Lauren Faust supporting them with her new lore.

Yeah it sucks a company didn't let them use THEIR property to make profit off of :P

But, Fighting is Magic wasn't going to be sold for profit, it was going to be free. They weren't even accepting donations  :razz:

That's honestly irrelevant. I've had this argument many times before, especially around when it happened. They advertised it a lot. It became very visual. Now the way copyrights work, if that happens, they are required by law to put a stop to it. If they don't they run the risk of losing their copyright. In order to keep your copyright, you have to defend it. It is built into the copyright law. Literally all the Hasbro Lawyers did was  their job and following copyright law protocol.

However, this is probably going to be better. Granted a lot of the work they already did will be ported over. I'm curious to see what the end result will be. 

So now, can we stop brooding over Hasbro defending it's copyright and start celebrating what Mane6 has now accomplished? 

Plus Fighting is Magic isn't really what you'd call a girl's product...

I know some girls aren't as frilly as other girls... but this isn't what parents would want to give their children(under the age of 10).

As much as I want to disagree with that statement *Cough* CoD & GTA5 *Cough*, it is actually true.

That is to say if Hasbro took them in to sell it.

It wasn't wrong for Hasbro to put that copyright claim on them. It had to be done. It just sucks, you know?

It's like having to throwing away your favorite dish just served ready that you ordered, only because someone coughed and sneezed on it nastily on purpose because that food was served illegally to you.

Wait a second... yeah, that sounds about right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived