[Coralwood Corral] Bottle Collection[ENDED]

Tam

·.·• [ Trinket ] •Ã‚·.·

She lay directly in the middle of the museum's polished tiled floor heaving a great big sigh. "Pffffffffff" She made some sort of wind noise as the air drained from inside of her. Her chin felt cool as it rested on the tiles but decided to turn over onto her back hooves mindlessly swinging to and fro in the air. On any other normal day the little orange filly would be out playing in the sun, galloping on the beaches, or playing with the other foals. Yesterday the other foals had gotten together to play a game, one of them tricked poor little Trinket into hiding in a crab cave, she ran out so fast with a crab or two latched on as she squealed in pain. She was so embarrassed she couldn't stand going out and about today... Plus her tail still hurt from the pinching. She sighed again rather dramatically as it echoed throughout the main lobby of the museum.

Thankfully no one was around the museum, sometimes tourists came to look around the great history of the island and what not but not often. Who goes on vacation and sees a museum? Trinket thought to herself. Frowning up towards the ceiling as it circled and made a dom above. There were beautiful paintings of the sea and creatures that are said to inhabit it. "Maybe if I was a seapony..." She mumbled some out loud as she gazed at the image of serpents, hippocamps, and even seaponies.. She frowned again rolled back over onto her belly burying her face in her hooves in a childish fashion. She didn't want to think about those things right now. Instead she lay there oddly in the way for nopony as the cool museum made her flank shiver.

♪ // Flutterby // ♪

Tap, tap, tap, his claws tapped against the nearly reflective floor he worked so hard at as he walked and his hooves clip clopped behind him. Such a perfect and beautiful day! The museum was so serene and so void of ponies and tourists there to tar his attention from his studies - it was absolutely wonderful! The blue saddle bag on his back carried old books from like time of yore (the only books Flutter would ever venture to read) and message in a bottle that he hadn't yet opened. Surely, Trinket would be thrilled to be the one to open such a thing.

Flutterby inhaled the cool air and suddenly noticed Trinket...on the floor being stranger than usual. Though...normal was considered strange by his standard. He let out a sigh and strode over the lonely filly shivering on the floor. He lowered his head and squinted his eyes, thinking of something to say.

"I have a present for you," he began, his voice low and almost soothing, knowing she must be in some distress after hearing the story of Old Crab Cave last night, "I know how you like "treasures", I picked something up for you at the beach."

Flutter smiled and his ears perked forward, hoping for a joyous response.

·.·• [ Trinket ] •Ã‚·.·

Trinket could hear the slight tapping of claws along the tiles, that didn't match any tourist ponies so she could easily make the assumption it was her guardian Flutterby. She groaned out loud as he came closer in her childish whine. Clearly she was looking for some attention even if she didn't out right ask for it. As he stopped she poked her head up a bit letting her chin rest on her hooves again as she looked up to him with messy hair. "Huuuuh.." she finally piped up. Looking rather dreary and worn out. As soon as he mentioned a present her eyes turned round and wide like saucers. "Oh! OH!" She squeaked in excitement as she bounced up from the floor and trotted around him in circles, "What? What is it? Is it shiny? Is it a gem? A coin? What what?" She skidded to a stop in front of him and clicked her hooves, "Show meee!!!" she pleaded.

♪ // Flutterby // ♪

"Alright, alright!" he nearly laughed at her happiness.

"It iiis," he smiled and used his unicorn horn that sprouted from his head to levitate the bottle from the bag, presenting it before her, "It is a note in a bottle!"

The bottle was old with a long crack along the side though luckily, it wasn't big enough for water to seep in. Within the bottle was a yellowed scroll that was tightly rolled, nothing could be seen of what was on the parchment so his mind went wild at the possibilities! He almost couldn't even wait to show Trinket.

He smiled wide and began to get excited, "Can you imagine what it could possibly be? A note to a forlorn lover, a passage of inspiring notes from a diary, the written histories of a lost civilization just out of reach? YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE!"

Flutter's tail flipped side to side like an overexcited dog as he often got with things that required reading.

"I do hope you like it!" he smiled, his fangs showing, "I don't know if it's your sort of thing but..."

He pressed his lips together and his brow knitted - probably thinking too deeply into it. He suddenly lightened up and lowered the bottle to her level, "Well, I do like finding you things!"

·.·• [ Trinket ] •Ã‚·.·

"Ooooh!" She cooed aloud as she hopped nipping the bottle right from the air before sitting her rump down on the floor. "Ah undrr wuh in eet" she mumbled finally tugging the cork out form the scratched up glass bottle, "Pitewie!" She said after licking her lips some with distaste, "Ohhh, it even tastes old." She laughed a little, "You're right Flutterby! I wonder what this one says..." Turning the bottle upside down and giving it a good wiggle the rolled up slip fell onto the ground. Carefully she hooved it open, "Ohh.. It's a little blurry, some water might have gotten inside... Hmm..." She squinted trying to make out the curls and edges of certain letters. "Something.. something.. risk... something about waiting..." She tilted her head to the side, "Hmm I'll have to study this one more. Thank you Flutterby!" She smiled up to him as she let the slip of paper wrap itself up again before gingerly sticking it back into the safety of the glass bottle.

Trinket loved finding messages in bottles, even up in here room here at the museum she had a huge bulletin board covered and collaborated with all sorts of random notes she had found in previous bottles. Notes about love, wishes, regrets, all sorts of notes really. Not always foal friendly mind you but she kept them anyway. It was really surprising just how many people toss notes into the sea. Trinket always wondered if the original owners ever wondered where they went. She had a love for the idea around her, her daddy would tell her stories about how that's how he met her mother. Tossing love notes into the sea, the next morning in the same place on the same beach there would be the same bottle but with a new note inside. Trinket had a special box where her daddy had given her the more pretty notes that she could cherish for them together while he was away. "Maybe I should write a note and throw it into sea!" She said as her eyes lit up, looking back to Flutterby, "Do you have a bottle and some paper I can use? I know just what I want to write!" She said giddily.

♪ // Flutterby // ♪

He smiled and watched her struggle with the bottle, half tempted to pull the old cork out himself but he knew how she was. All of that determination and independence that filled her. His eyebrows rose once she open the thing and got the note out, spreading it out across the floor. He trotted next to her, looming slightly to try to read it before she rolled it back up into the bottle.

"Risk?" he though to himself, "If this is a treasure map or some sort of pirate thing, there'd be no convincing her not to run off on an adventure."

Pushing these dangerous thoughts of losing her from his mind, he looked down at her giddy expression.

Flutterby smiled and nodded, "You should write! I'll have to get a bottle from the storeroom basement but you can start writing your letter!"

Using magic, he floated a piece of paper from a nearby table and a pen from his saddle bag to her, watching as her eyes light up from anticipation. The paper was thick and very official looking, it was the paper Flutter used for things he did around the museum, letters he wrote requesting artifacts and to other museums - the Coralwood crest was imprinted at the top. A shell with a piece of seaweed on each side forming a heart shape around the shell.

"What are you going to write exactly?" he asked curiously.

TrinketHeaderpost3.png

Trinket squeaked as she saw the pen he had picked up for her. "Ohhh!!" she stomped her hooves giddly, "This is perfect, now they'll know my note is important!" She nodded before taking the pen into her mouth and setting the paper down on the down beneath her hooves as she smoothed it out. She went to lean in to start the words but stopped just before touching the paper and perked her head up again looked deep in thought. You could always tell when she was thinking up a storm cause her little tongue would poke out the side of her mouth. "Hmmmm..." she hummed aloud again tapping the paper. "I know.. but I don't... at the same time?" She said looking up to him confused after setting the pen down. "I know what I want to ask. But I don't know how to ask it. Does that make sense?" She said frowning in puzzlement.

[[ Woo, new header! ]]