Human Twilight depicted with brown skin color?

ShatteredCrown

You're point?

It matters not what colour skin Twilight is.  She will, forever be Twilight Sparkle no matter her race.  It's us fans that choose what colour to fill in for her skin, and it matters not.

It matters not what colour skin Twilight is. She will, forever be Twilight Sparkle no matter her race. It's us fans that choose what colour to fill in for her skin, and it matters not.

I'm just confused :)

Edit: And uh also considering you're other post, Pinkie Pie is already confirmed to be Dutch since the name Dianne is Dutch and the fact she was born in a Amish family. So yeah :)

• 10 months later...
On 12/23/2015 at 11:04 AM, ShatteredCrown said:
On 12/23/2015 at 2:06 AM, QueenCerali said:

I don't know. but it seems fitting to me for some reason, although other skin colors fit as well. that's probably why they did it: it just seemed fitting

But how would it be fitting, the voice actress for Twilight, Tara Strong, is white. It's just that I see this multiple times when going through fan art drawn by quite a significant amount of artists.

Plenty of white people have been cast as characters of color (I.E Voltron or Kubo)

The fitting part probably refers to purple being a darker color. And It's not uncommon to draw even human characters who are drawn in canon as white or caucasian as people of color In order to make the world more diverse. Plus white Twi would probably make her palette weird, what with the significantly lighter peach skin v.s. purple fur.

Honestly do what you want, with the desighn

• 1 year later...

They do it because they feel the subconscious need to compensate for how "White" Twilight acts and sounds. It's the same reason why, if Twilight isn't black, Applejack will be.

I don't like those reasons, nor do I feel certain behaviours and attitudes can really be called "White people things" or "Black people things". But when artists who want to draw a "Diverse" Mane Six do so, their first instinct is to make the "Whitest" pony less white. And to also potentially put Fluttershy in a sharia law jihad headscarf thingy.

• 7 months later...