Huzah!  My Huion 680TF has arrived!  Any tips for an amateur?  I'm pretty used to looking only at my laptop screen, as it is touchscreen, but I'm not quite used to the pressure levels yet.  I randomly downloaded a bunch of free drawing software from the net, with programs like FireAlpaca, GIMP, Inkscape, etc.  What other ones are there (that are free)?  I'm mainly looking to improve by (barely) mediocre art skills into something people can look at without cringing (Hmpf's at school art teacher).  I REFUSE TO GET B's IN ART!  So...what tablet's do you have?  I just thought it would be fun to start a little discussion thread for tablet users :).

I have a Wacom Tablet Create.

I hope to get a Cintiq, I'd love to draw with my eyes on the work.

Everyone I know seems to want a Cintiq.  It has the ability to work as both a graphics tablet and as a pen display.  I'm good with having a really cheap graphics tablet, and saving money eventually for a decent pen display (which is what I originally wanted, but gawked at the pricing).

• 4 months later...

I have a 7$ mouse...

But Sycra, someone who is an excellent art teacher and youtuber, has done lots and lots of reviews on different tablets and programs such as:

• XP-PEN Artist 22HD
  • Sketchbook Pro
  •  Gimp
  • Paint Tool Sai
  • Huion H610
  • Parblo Coast22

He hasn't done an official review that I know of, but he typically uses Wacom Cintiq 22HD. The descriptions of his videos always tell you what tools he's using.

If you guys are curious I guess his reviews are worth checking out and he's a great art resource over all. With that said, he seems to completely disagree with me on Sai, so I'm not saying he's perfect! His style can also be very off putting if you aren't used to seeing stuff very different from the norm.

Sai is my god.

Archived