What would world leaders do if they came to Equestria?

jnormaldude

I'm trying to picture the sorts of speeches they would give upon a return from Equestria.

I figure Barack Obama would say they were a proud industrious people and an ally, because of course they would be.

Putin would probably try to return and conquer it, vilify it, or use it to exile people.

Now, if they were stuck there?

Barack Obama, relatively conservative democrat in many ways, would probably fall back on his roots, looking for political opportunities and room to improve. I'd assume he'd become mayor of a major Equestrian city and potentially see if the monarchy needed to be dismantled, which I kind of doubt. Ponies seem pretty happy, and the royalty very rarely does anything. Maybe a magna carta gets signed or something.

Putin falls back on his roots as KGB as his sour disposition doesn't really win over the Equestrian character, falls into the relatively tame world of Equestrian spying, goes too far, things get real, breaks out of Tartarus once, and he ends up stone for a few thousand years.

Hmmm. It's sort of a toss up with a lunatic. He might stay in Equestria and never return, her might return and make the state animal the Alicorn, he might try to invade to get their food supply, or he might consider them an amazing ally for... reasons.

If he were in Equestria, I think he would try and fail to gain a grasp on the good people of Equestria, claiming royal titles and powers he simply doesn't have, claiming he has his OWN special elements of harmony (that no one is allowed to see) and generally be a nuisance. Maybe convince Snips and Snails to be his underlings for a while. Lose a shouting match with Diamond Tiara. Eventually arrested after disrupting a Coloratura concert.

Archived