How Did You Come About Your Username?

Lyipheoryia

Ditto the title.

So: How did you?  What's the story behind it?  (And-if you want-you can tell us your name IRL as well.  I won't though, mind you.)

*I'll blab out my story if 5 people reply to this thread.

with mine, strangely enough, I literally came up with this OC's name in dream. this OC was one of the first ones I made, so I'm rather partial to it. so, I made it my username

• Like 2

with mine, strangely enough, I literally came up with this OC's name in dream. this OC was one of the first ones I made, so I'm rather partial to it. so, I made it my username

Wow!  That must have been one interesting dream! 

from what little I can remember, it was. I think it was pretty much a fever dream, with Cerali's namesake actually being a queen herself, which is nice. but it was weird.....

After my OC. I decided I wanted to be a 'horror' pony, based in my own real life interest in horror movies, haunted houses, film making, etc.

Cool!  I was once very much into horror stories, but scared myself too much...hehe...

Because I love archery, of course! And Latin words... eventually, my name morphed into an OC of the same name, and same old love for archery! :D

(And for those that don't know, "Arcus" is "arrow" in Latin!)

• Like 1

I used to play a Dawn of War 2 gamemode where three players each controlled a single hero unit, and had to survive against increasingly dangerous waves of enemies.  I kitted out my hero to summon a single Ravener unit, and then buff the heck out of it.  Only problem was that you couldn't directly control summons in this mode.

The end result was that the Ravener was the most dangerous member of the team, except that he sometimes liked to just stare at rocks while the rest of us were getting mauled.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, for my username, it's the same as my OC here.

For a while, I had been imagining her up, (Her original concept was for the Fallout: Equestria universe) but had no name for her.

I started leaning towards "Nightshade", but it just didn't feel original to me. And after discovering there is a character in the show named Nightshade (though it was one of the previous generations) I stumbled across the scientific name for the nightshade family of plant: Solanaceae. Chop off the last 4 letters and here she is!

Copy-pasted from another thread.

It's my name backwards, and the initials stand for Jongleur Kid. Jongluer, a word I learned from The Ranger's Apprentice book series by John Flanagan, and the Kid word, I don't know what for (I was twelve years old at the time.).

471 sounded cool to say, plus it's all three numbers on the left side of the numpad.

Thus NoedigJK471 was made. Makes a nice military designation, I guess...

Now, I just wish I could change it to Noedig.

• Like 1

So...>5 people have answered.  Here's my story...

Short Answer: It's my name, with Lyi being my nickname and Stertlings being my surname.  I have no idea where Queen fits in, but somehow, it does.

Long Answer: A million years ago (by exaggeration), I liked to play Neopets.  And just like now, I liked having hundreds (by exaggeration) of characters.  Now, when you like to have many characters, you run out of good name ideas (especially with the site going the whole "this name is already taken" thing for every legitimate name I had wanted); so...I began using my super awesome imagination and named my characters absurd names like "Zhprunfire" and "Leonardylicia" (if I spelled either of them correctly).  Now, I came across this amazing character: she was half horse, half seahorse.  I thought she was very beautiful and regal (I made her colour scheme purple and gold/yellow)-deserving of an equally royal, unique, and beautiful name.  Somehow, Lyipheoryia came about. 

Back then, every single account I had for everything had a different username and password.  The password part was okay, considering safety and such-the username part...not so much.  As per se, I had to click on the "I forgot my username" button quite commonly.  The next time I made another account, I thought...maybe I should use a name I already used, rather than pick a new username.  Lyipheoryia was the first that came to thought, just because how much I personally liked the same.  It represented me, unique, weird, eccentric and all (those area all words I have been described by my friends IRL).  From then on, every username henceforth was Lyipheoryia.

Now...there was a problem.  Named Google+.  When I first made an account, it rebutted my offer on simply Lyipheoryia, and required a last name.  I freaked.  Last name!  What last name?  So...I took a surname from characters in my then-favourite series (The 39 Clues): The Sterling Triplets.  And added a "t", because-originality.  Tada!  Face that-Google!

Stick with me, there's one more story involving my nickname.  There was another problem...every single time I logged on or typed my username/now online alias, there was a 25-50% chance I would spell it wrong.  And there was a 85% chance other people spelled it wrong.  I got quite frustrated after a little while, facing my misspelled name everywhere by me and others.  So, I cut up my name to simply be Lyi.  Simple, right?  No, not simple.  Lyipheoryia can be pronounced phonetically (lie-i-fee-ore-i-a), and so can Stertlings (st-er-t-ling-s).  Lyi, however, cannot.  Was it lie?  Was it lie-i?  Was it lee-i?  I settled on lee...which made people IRL wonder why I had to chose a Chinese last name.  Oh well...it's alright.

Queen came much, much later.  As you see, I like my avatar being Queen Galaxia, and Lyipheoryia itself is quite a regal name.  Lyi was weird-just because no one calls themselves by a Chinese surname.  So, I added Queen in front of it.  There, sounds nice again.  Which paved way to another problem...now, people though Queen was a title, rather than part of my name.  Meh.  That's alright-referring to me as "the most honourable Queen Lyi" is good, too :).

So, that's my story.

• Like 1

I've gone through quite a few names online. Most of them ending with "ix" or being really weird to pronounce. Lugitorix, Gaveniterix, Arsungitorix... each earning me the weirdest yet cutest nicknames x3 Lug, Gavvie and Ori

I stuck with that tradition even into some of my ponies. But Umekile is the latest and probably last of my weirdo names(excluding dragons. Its the last weird name for an otherwise normal creature)

Umekile is a loremaster and one of my most powerful yet strangely pacifistic characters I've culminated. Obviously he's young here but I always intended for him to be an ancient, Grand Wizard with his own world and fiction he comes from(there are other aligning characters that go with him) So the pony WASN'T first. He's the ponified version of the elder. But in RP, be it pony or otherwise.. Umekile is usually old. And thus he hardly involves himself directly, choosing the somewhat annoying path of the wiseman who oversees the growing youths on their quest. Like Gandalf. If he must fight it is usually vastly OUT of your favor.

Youthful versions of him are much weaker and still growing.

So from Umekile comes the username "TheFinestSorcerer" he starts a loner sorcerer with no real reknown or title.. And by his late age he is a near-transcendent, semi-all-powerful wizard riddled with arthritis and pseudo-immortality.

• Like 1

It's how I felt when I first discovered MLP: FiM and began to consider watching it to see "what the big deal was."

It made me feel like I was losing my sanity.

:blush:

• Like 1

It's my name backwards.

My real name is probably just as unique as my online name. I have met no one IRL who has the same name as me. Ironically enough, while my online alias is meant to infer power and authority, the meaning of my real name has both qualities (my name means sun goddess and centre of all things). Huh. Not intended when I came up with my online name.  I promise I have no relation to Princess Celly.  Totally.  No relation at all.

• Like 1

My real name is probably just as unique as my online name. I have met no one IRL who has the same name as me. Ironically enough, while my online alias is meant to infer power and authority, the meaning of my real name has both qualities (my name means sun goddess and centre of all things). Huh. Not intended when I came up with my online name.

My real life first and last names are the weirdest names I've come across so far.

I have no idea if anybody, aside from relatives, has this name. It's ridiculously weird, but it apparently means "God of Friendship", in Hindu, a language spoken in places far, far away from where I live. And from what I've researched, my first name's stupidly rare, with my name being a corrupted version of it being even rarer. Around 6 other people with my first name. >.>

One more thing.

I have the same name as a brand of cooking oil.

Yep. Names are weird.

• Like 1

My real life first and last names are the weirdest names I've come across so far.

I have no idea if anybody, aside from relatives, has this name. It's ridiculously weird, but it apparently means "God of Friendship", in Hindu, a language spoken in places far, far away from where I live.

One more thing.

I have the same name as a brand of cooking oil.

Yep.

Interesting...very interesting indeed.  Whoever chose your name clearly wanted you to watch My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic.  Ironic, eh?  Oh dear-I just said "eh".  So canadienne of me...

• Like 2

Because I love archery, of course! And Latin words... eventually, my name morphed into an OC of the same name, and same old love for archery! :D

(And for those that don't know, "Arcus" is "arrow" in Latin!)

I was very much "into" archery last year.  I still have a wood recurve and a set of eclipse steel alloy arrows.  Used a sight and stabilizer and all.  Kinda gave up on it though, especially after I broke my finger :/

• Like 1

I was very much "into" archery last year. I still have a wood recurve and a set of eclipse steel alloy arrows. Used a sight and stabilizer and all. Kinda gave up on it though, especially after I broke my finger :/.

Ouch, yeah, that can happen. Recurves have some serious pull to them, which is why I usually have finger tabs on most of the time. Arcus' bow is actually nearly identical to my bow in real life, except for the fact that my recurve isn't a takedown. Sure wish it was, though, it would make it a lot more convenient to carry!

Ouch, yeah, that can happen. Recurves have some serious pull to them, which is why I usually have finger tabs on most of the time. Arcus' bow is actually nearly identical to my bow in real life, except for the fact that my recurve isn't a takedown. Sure wish it was, though, it would make it a lot more convenient to carry!

My broken finger wasn't related to archery though...I had my finger tabs on :(.  Maybe I'll pick it up gain some day...it's a good sport.

My broken finger wasn't related to archery though...I had my finger tabs on :(.  Maybe I'll pick it up gain some day...it's a good sport.

I was gonna say, "How can a girl like you break a finger in archery? Only boys could do that!" as a joke, but since that's not what happened to your poor finger I've had to make up a different joke...

So this is what I made up in 10 seconds of thinking:

I used to be an adventurer like you Then I took an arrow in the knee.

I used to be an arrow like you. Then I took an adventurer in the knee.

Same story, different persons!

• Like 2

I was gonna say, "How can a girl like you break a finger in archery? Only boys could do that!" as a joke, but since that's not what happened to your poor finger I've had to make up a different joke...

So this is what I made up in 10 seconds of thinking:

I used to be an adventurer like you Then I took an arrow in the knee.

I used to be an arrow like you. Then I took an adventurer in the knee.

Same story, different persons!

I'm laughing...I'm laughing.  It kind of confuses me, but it's still rather funny.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of WWII-era aircraft.  My personal favorite is the Chance Vought F4U Corsair.

Vought_F4U_Corsair_(USMC).jpg

Been using Corsair or a variant as my username for years :)

• Like 1