How Did You Come About Your Username?

Lyipheoryia

Quite simple.

Metal - I listen to and have a passion for metal music. My OC is named after my favorite song by my favorite band. (Moonshield by In Flames) I'm also a musician who hopes to start or join a metal band.

Brony - I am, of course, a brony.

ATL - Atlanta, Georgia. While I don't actually live in Atlanta (I live about two hours south in a small rural town), I am very much in love with the city and hopefully when I'm finished with college I can start my career there. Also I'm a huge fan of the Atlanta Falcons.

Thus, MetalBronyATL.

• Like 1

Quite simple.

Metal - I listen to and have a passion for metal music. My OC is named after my favorite song by my favorite band. (Moonshield by In Flames) I'm also a musician who hopes to start or join a metal band.

Brony - I am, of course, a brony.

ATL - Atlanta, Georgia. While I don't actually live in Atlanta (I live about two hours south in a small rural town), I am very much in love with the city and hopefully when I'm finished with college I can start my career there. Also I'm a huge fan of the Atlanta Falcons.

Thus, MetalBronyATL.

Ooo...I love metal music as well.  Espcially djent and progressive.  I like the Bulb Project by Periphery.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I pulled my username from folklore. The Bogle is akin to the Bogeyman, a ghost or hobgoblin that drives people, particularly those guilty of crimes and disobedient children, insane.

It was either Bogle or Scaedugenga and I thought the former was cuter and easier to be known by... 

42 minutes ago, Bogle said:

I pulled my username from folklore. The Bogle is akin to the Bogeyman, a ghost or hobgoblin that drives people, particularly those guilty of crimes and disobedient children, insane.

It was either Bogle or Scaedugenga and I thought the former was cuter and easier to be known by... 

Wow.  Insanity~

Remind me not to get onto your bad side >< !

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a long story, but still long enough to make me feel to lazy to type it up in a comprehensive bunch of paragraphs

So in point form, here is how you can have a username just like mine!: 

-join the Internet as a sonic fan

-live with a generic fan name for so long that you suddenly want to reboot your one social media with an original name

-realize you suck with names and just slam your head against a keyboard

-come up with 'thouiy060' or something and then fool with it to become 'Thy60'

-stick with the name through a few years of life on the Internet and be obsessive about it being pronounced as 'tie' with a bit of a dragged-out 'H' sound to it

-listen to an old Almost Anyone album and get into making music

-become a brony who is to afraid to let anyone outside of the family know of the conversion

-join the Canternet IRC for the first time, but not want to bring your old Internet name with you into the brony fandom lest anyone from school puts two-and-two together and realize that you're a brony

-think that Minuette is your favorite pony. think 'kek, I'll probably never come back to the IRC'. Settle on the weird name of 'Toothpaste' because Minuette is famed to be known as a dentist (even though you are an activist against the stupid name 'Colgate'.)

-join the #EverfreeNetwork (#CanterlotHill) chat and immediately gain attention for having such a strange name. 

-make friends and continue coming back with the nickname 'Toothpaste'

-make a YouTube to post pony fan music and call it 'PinkE_PartE' for no reason at all

-realize that you have more reputation as 'Toothpaste' and rename your YouTube appropriately 

-realize that the name 'Toothpaste' is extremely hard to find on YouTube and the Internet 

-slap 'Toothpaste' and 'Thy60' together and become 'ToothpasteThy'

-stop caring who knows you're a brony

-stop caring if people pronounce 'Thy' wrong, because you no longer even bother with the 'H' accent yourself

-continue using 'ToothpasteThy' as you start joining a million social networks for the sake of originality, and because it still manages to get people curious everywhere you go because of how odd it is

-realize that you have doomed yourself as 'ToothpasteThy' forever now because of reputation, and be okay with it.

-Feel bad for abandoning your other names you've used and start growing their reputation a bit and also start a 'Minty Fresh Productions' thing to bring them all back together usefully

-make huge plans for 'Minty Fresh Productions' in the future that may have already begun

So I guess that's how I got my username. I still use other names, but none more than ToothpasteThy. Quite frankly, I like this username the most of all of them anyways~ <3

...but others shall rise... 

..with ambition, I say they shall rise...

...soon...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ToothpasteThy said:

stop caring if people pronounce 'Thy' wrong, because you no longer even bother with the 'H' accent yourself

Stop caring if nobody knows how to pronounce "Lyipheoryia", because I came up with at least 3 variations on how I myself pronounce it. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, FiniteZero said:

I came up with it during High School.

It has no meaning, it's just supposed to sound cool.

And it definitely does.

Just now, FiniteZero said:

Thanks. ^_^

Yours is also cool. If slightly hard to read.

A long and detailed explanation predecease my name.

Lie-i-fee-ore-ia.  I had the brilliant thought of royalty, cheerfulness, and 'ore' (as in the mineral used inside RPG games).

Oh my... Lyipheoria is into Djent and Progressive? I believe you might like my music, then.

Anyway, before the whole "angel" thing, I was known as... dare I say it... YoloAlex.

I changed it up for a variety of reasons. One, I was sick of getting hate mail from people who for some reason took offense to the acronym YOLO. I have no idea why. I personally like the term, disregarding the people who use it as an excuse to do stupid things.

Second: I've been in the furry fandom for quite some time, but never felt comfortable with being addressed a purple and blue dragon. I switched my fursona to a human, but for some reason people didn't like that. So I switched it to an angel. Still, not many people cared for the whole humanoid fursona thing, but I honestly didn't care. The friends that I had when I had the dragon fursona basically all stopped talking to me. However, I made many more friends in the following years. I guess it was just my own little way of filtering out real friends from the ones who only care for the fursona.

Third: Helping people is a bit of a specialty of mine. Ever since I made my first online account, I've talked countless people out of their depression ails and even suicide attempts. Over the years, I've grown more and more experienced with it, and many people have even recommended me to their own friends. Some of them have gone so far as to call me their guardian angel.

As for the "Alex" part? Simple. It's my first name.

15 hours ago, AlextheAngel said:

Oh my... Lyipheoria is into Djent and Progressive? I believe you might like my music, then.

Anyway, before the whole "angel" thing, I was known as... dare I say it... YoloAlex.

I changed it up for a variety of reasons. One, I was sick of getting hate mail from people who for some reason took offense to the acronym YOLO. I have no idea why. I personally like the term, disregarding the people who use it as an excuse to do stupid things.

Second: I've been in the furry fandom for quite some time, but never felt comfortable with being addressed a purple and blue dragon. I switched my fursona to a human, but for some reason people didn't like that. So I switched it to an angel. Still, not many people cared for the whole humanoid fursona thing, but I honestly didn't care. The friends that I had when I had the dragon fursona basically all stopped talking to me. However, I made many more friends in the following years. I guess it was just my own little way of filtering out real friends from the ones who only care for the fursona.

Third: Helping people is a bit of a specialty of mine. Ever since I made my first online account, I've talked countless people out of their depression ails and even suicide attempts. Over the years, I've grown more and more experienced with it, and many people have even recommended me to their own friends. Some of them have gone so far as to call me their guardian angel.

As for the "Alex" part? Simple. It's my first name.

Lyipheoryia likes almost all music, but she loves dject and progressive :) (especially the Bulb Project).

YOLOAlex, though...can't quite imagine that :P.  

3 hours ago, Rosewind said:

The wind is not pronounced like "wind that blows" but like "winding a piece of string." 

Well it's nice to know I've been WRONG this whole time :undyne:

My username was actually the result of an answered question to my college roommate.

"What should my username be?"

"Use your imagination."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...