The Strange Problem of the "Like" Button

Lyipheoryia

Sometimes, it works; sometimes, it doesn't-and gives me this message "And Error Occurred; There was a problem storing your reputation vote."  This happens often on my laptop (Acer, Windows), but I discovered that the button does work on my iPad (on the same day, a few minutes later).  I would like to know how I can fix this problem, because there are quite a few things I would like to like!

I noticed this as well on my ASUS laptop. But after receiving the error, I refreshed the page, and after the reload, it showed that I had already liked it. So perhaps, false errors?

It doesn't show that I re-liked it for me.

Well my problem may just be slow connection.

Maybe When I clicked "Like", the information successfully reached the site here, but confirmation never made it back to my machine, so it retried, and the site errored the second "like". That may be what happened with me anyway. It doesn't seem to be a recurring issue.

Well my problem may just be slow connection.

Maybe When I clicked "Like", the information successfully reached the site here, but confirmation never made it back to my machine, so it retried, and the site errored the second "like". That may be what happened with me anyway. It doesn't seem to be a recurring issue.

Hmm...mine might be like that.  I re-tried the "liking and reloading thing", and-this time-it worked!  Huh...seems were might be dealing with the same problem here,

It was likely a connection issue that resulted in a timeout.  There really isn't anything you can do other than make sure your ISP has your services configured correctly and that your hardwired connection is solid.  That said, this highly unlikely to be a consistent issue.  Continue liking as you would like!

It was likely a connection issue that resulted in a timeout.  There really isn't anything you can do other than make sure your ISP has your services configured correctly and that your hardwired connection is solid.  That said, this highly unlikely to be a consistent issue.  Continue liking as you would like!

Alright, thank you very much for you help-Dio!

Also remember, there is a daily limit to how many likes you can spent on posts each day. I believe it counts from how far back was the first like you made each 24 hours and calculating from that time, without including calendar dates at all.

The limit isn't too restricting for me, considering the number of posts I tend to like daily is around 3-5.  I wonder the same question as Solana, though...

If you read my recent status posts, then you know of my strange app shift of Internet Explorer on my laptop.  One pro that come with this unexpected update: the "Like" button works!

Archived