Does anybody cringe when body is replaced with pony?

ShatteredCrown

Depends on the situation.

Speaking face to face, yea, and i'll probably look at you funny.

Even here on sites like this, during normal conversation, i think it odd.

During roleplay, or a roleplay discussion, perfectly fine.

But that's just me. I don't judge.

I might use it on site's like this, as often as I can remember in RP, and hopefully never in real life unless under very specific circumstances (maybe, MAYBE if I were to attend a convention).

Not so much, it's cringy.

Of course, this is your opinion. Some others won't grow out of it because they never saw it as childish in the first place~

I don't mind it at all, personally. Not on forums specifically based around ponies. But there are times where it feels like its out of place. Like Skype. For some reason, I cannot stand it when people talk about their hooves or something when not using /me or making a roleplaying gesture in any other form.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll grow out of it.

And if they don't that's perfectly fine as it's just for fun...

I really don't think I ever will~

As long as I'm a dedicated fan, my vocabulary will stay the same.  Plus-like QuickLIme said, it's fun!  It's like a joke among friends, and fellow fans understand right where I'm coming from.  If you cringe, I can laugh and tell you it's a joke.  If you continue on like it's normal speech, I'll happily continue,

• 4 months later...

I've never met anybody in real life who said it, and online it doesn't really bother me unless it's out of place (e.g not in a pony related site). If it is out of place I feel that the person will be digging themselves a hole as it's one of those things that people who don't like ponies get annoyed by (in my experience at least).

• 1 month later...

I feel like a hypocrite here...

While I agree "in-game" it's not only normal but *expected* since that's a different world from our own, I would cringe IRL under 99.9% of circumstances (the only time I wouldn't is when it's talking about the equestria universe i.e. "Oh twilight is suspicious of somepony" )

However...

As some of you may even have noticed, I am severely guilty of furspeak, i.e. I tend to always say "on the other paw" or "your pulling my tail" or similar phrases... So I do understand it... though As of right now the furry fandom is, literally as old as time with depictions of anthropomorphic animals being found in some of our earliest records, and the fandom as we know it is somewhere between 30 and 40 years old (with some variants such as anime/manga "catgirls" going back even further) While Pony is really only come into the scene in the last few years with the latest iteration of MLP. 

Though I suspect even if by some strange cosmic twist of events MLP and the "brony" culture last as long, I'll be on old fart complaining about 'why cant they just say 'paw' like the rest of us!' :P;) 

(and just to throw some gasoline on the fire, yes, imo "bronies" are simply furries who prefer a specific series as opposed to the fandom as a whole, since MLP's ponies fit every mark for "anthropomorphic animals" with fanart even breaching into the more expected furry "anthro" art with ponies walking upright and with hands...)

• 1 month later...

"Out of place" seems odd to me because I have some friends who, instead of fursona, have ponysona so them using hooves or everypony is their natural thing. I'll use it when I'm in character, but my 'sona is a dragon so I often use 'paws' and with Discord, many more parts.

But in truth saying it is cringe worthy is like saying omg and bbl is cringe worthy as it is a cultural language used by a large group. It may be due to a different, underlying reason, one is made uncomfortable by it, because it is a word and not even a harmful or rude one at that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived