What games are you currently playing?

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently playing:

ds:

Pokemon white 2

Pokemon soulsilver (restarted it for the fun of starting again)

PS3:

Borderlands 2

Two Worlds Two

Resident Evil 6

DC universe online

PC:

WoW

random Mugens

I lost all interest in WoW after Cataclysm, since then too many things had been changed and the general chat became just like barrens chat, only worse and especially on the Alliance side

I tried Two Worlds 1, but it lost my interest for the dodgy animation, the cheesy dialogue (I know they were trying to do it in Elizabethan English, but Germans can never do it right...), not to mention that it is almost exactly like Gothic..

Been playing the new demo for "Fire Emblem: The Awakening". They fix some of the issues I had with the original..And the graphics are top notch. Even has voice acting and you can make your own character. Might be the first 3DS game I buy and I had this sucker since launch. :-|

Been playing the new demo for "Fire Emblem: The Awakening". They fix some of the issues I had with the original..And the graphics are top notch. Even has voice acting and you can make your own character. Might be the first 3DS game I buy and I had this sucker since launch. :-|

I have a feeling that that is going to be the game that gets me to break down and buy a 3DS. I seriously loved the other Fire Emblem games I've played and this one looks great. Doubt I'll be able to resist. ;)

While never a fan of the Far Cries..I've been hearing alot of praise about #3. What do you all like about it?

There is a lot to do in Far Cry 3, and no real pressure from the game to do any one particular thing. Short of story missions, which you can choose to do at any time, you're free to explore the island(s) on your own. You can hunt wildlife, discover relics, unlock radio towers, take on assassinations, deliver goods, race, gather crafting materials, and complete other sidequests as well. Both the atmosphere and the immersion found in Far Cry 3 are top notch, and the visuals are stunning.

And then there is Vaas, but you'd really have to play the game to really understand just how amazing this antagonist is.

I'll probably snatch up FC3 once it gets a little cheaper.

I played the original Fire Emblem to the very end, but never beat it. I originally didn't realize the game had PERMA DEATH. When one of your allies got kilt during a quest, he or she was dead for good. No Phoenix Downs and no resraise spells. Only option you had was shovel or cremation. Thankfully you can set the options off for Perma Death in this version. In the first one, all my support characters tended to kick the bucket very early, so by the time I was at the last mission, it was all sword swingers. And my weapons all decided to break early in the last mission. Ugh.

I played the original Fire Emblem to the very end, but never beat it. I originally didn't realize the game had PERMA DEATH. When one of your allies got kilt during a quest, he or she was dead for good. No Phoenix Downs and no resraise spells. Only option you had was shovel or cremation. Thankfully you can set the options off for Perma Death in this version. In the first one, all my support characters tended to kick the bucket very early, so by the time I was at the last mission, it was all sword swingers. And my weapons all decided to break early in the last mission. Ugh.

I actually love the perma death thing. It's refreshing and makes it a strategy game that demands strategy if you want everyone to survive. Also makes the games frustrating though; in all of them, I would have a lot of resets and aborted near-finished battles all because I refused to let anyone die. I replayed some of those maps like dozens of times.

I'll probably leave perma death on when I play. Kinda used to that being how it works in Fire Emblem games and I like how it keeps me on alert. :)

I have heard rumor's about Megami Tensei being crossed over with Fire Emblem... Pretty heavy stuff.

EDIT: Also that something is in the works for Mother/Earthbound. No it will not be Mother 4, Itoi has only confirmed that they are making progress on something. It's looking like they are trying to get a Western rerelease of Earthbound/Mother 2 on VC or 3DS VC or a remake of some sort.

Just beat "Nier (PS3)" a few days ago. Certainly one of the best RPGs I've ever played. Highly recommend it to anyone who likes an RPG with no turn based battles, replay incentives, multiple endings, and bullet-heck shooters. Yeah, you read that right. ;)

Haven't started a new game yet, outside of a DnD campaign being held online. I play LoL from time to time though.

Natural Selection 2. Whenever I can, that is nearly never.

Also, HoM&M 3 once more. Somebody's up for a few matches :)? Random castles, no necro, L+ Map and stuff like that?

Supremacy 1914. Java browser long-term game.

Archived