Fire and Sword - PvE OOC (UPDATE 1/19 - RP is Live)

Bellosh

They'd have shields and spears. That reminds me, all you other REA-aligned player characters are classified as Regulars, meaning you all get access to basic military equipment like swords, armor, and whatnot. Just don't try to pull off the insane feats that Elites can; you're more likely to be..... punished, heh heh heh heh heh heh...........  :mad:

The only thing I ask of...Is that Fire can have her punch-daggers.

2bzeaw.jpg

These are little blades that can roll out of her front horse-shoes...Like in that pic...She has a version made for disarming a foe in the regular RP..And since most of their foes are mind controlled citizens, they probably don't want to actually kill or permanently harm Sombra's soldiers.

I have a post I wouldn't mind making before Arcus posts, describing what Naj was doing with the changelings under her prior to the attack.  It might take me a couple days to get it up though, this last week has been a bit busy.

Also, something I want to double check: I have been assuming that changelings fight unarmed given how they were shown in the wedding, and that soldiers at least have a sort of 'natural ranged attack' in their energy blasts.  I'm also assuming that in this case they're using borrowed REG armor, primarily to put the locals somewhat at ease and to clearly show whose side they're on in the thick of battle.  Are there any problems with or objections to these assumptions?

As I see it, the changelings can and will make use of any weapons ponies would. Though yes, the standard for them is to favor using their magic for combat.

As for armor, well, as I see it, changelings are capable of controlling the appearance of what they wear (and can even manifest the image of clothing that isn't there; as is seen with the hats on the changelings copying Applejack). So actually outfitting them in armor made for ponies would likely be needless. They could instead wear armor suited to their build and merely control the color and look of it.

• 5 weeks later...

*GM'S NOTE: With Arcus AWOL, I'm relieving him of command for the time being. Fire Walker will assume operational control of Equestrian NPCs until Arcus returns. Operate under the assumption that the REA is following Battlemage Sparkle's suggested battle plan.*

4 hours ago, Bellosh said:

*GM'S NOTE: With Arcus AWOL, I'm relieving him of command for the time being. Fire Walker will assume operational control of Equestrian NPCs until Arcus returns. Operate under the assumption that the REA is following Battlemage Sparkle's suggested battle plan.*

Arcus hadnt been in the forums for 2 weeks. 

The forum I pulled him from (i am.the one thay brought him here x3), acording to a firend, he hadnt been there since new year. 

I honestly have no idea why he hadnt returned and when he might.

Oye. Might I pass on the whole NPC thing...Grumpy RL issues have cut my horse time and creativity bits in my brain. I can barely put out a post for one horse, let alone a bunch of them. :P

• 4 weeks later...

There seems to have been a general misunderstanding about where the current fight is taking place. it has been resolved on Skype.

The fight with Twi and the volunteers against the first wave of the enemy is at the narrowest point of the canyon. Not at the mouth, not near a lodge, not outside of it, but at the narrowest part, deep inside. The barricades are one after another, not lined up so you can see all three- only one is needed to cut off the path the enemy needs to travel on. They need to take one after another after another, can't attack two or three at once. Minefields and barriers in play, but Twi's big idea is for the steam charges to blow the area when they retreat, hopefully blocking it off for several hours and allowing the REA inside the town to get into official defensive positions. This blowing of charges to create a collapse is also only possible at the narrowest point.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little....eh....about this.....Celestia's forces are fighting Sombra's forces....These are the same forces we saw in 'The Cutie Re-Mark'. Regular Crystal Ponies who were made to wear these will-bending helmets that turned them into puppets....Does Celestia's forces know that they're being mind controlled? If so, they probably would try their very best not to actually kill Sombra's solders. As these guys are regular people..baker's...accountants..lumberjacks.  Probably don't want to murder them but disable their helmets. And also Fire went for orders, but was ignored. I'm guessing she's just a regular solider. Hmm.

12 minutes ago, tacobob said:

Does Celestia's forces know that they're being mind controlled? If so, they probably would try their very best not to actually kill Sombra's solders.

This is your daily reminder that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb:papyrus:

But yeah, it should be fairly common knowledge that the vast majority of Sombra's forces are mind controlled.

Eh, I'm gonna bow out of this then. I couldn't see my pone killing like that, especially if they knew the bulk of their foes were mind controlled citizens.  So for the RP, my gal just blends into the army. Please feel free to skip me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived