City of Titans discussion

Imagination

So I found out from a recent status update that there are a couple other City of Heroes/Villains players in here! Yahoo! I can finally get my nerd on!

What do you guys think about, or want to see, in the game's spiritual successor, City of Titans?

Personally, I'm really happy that they're expanding even more of the customization aspect. I can't wait to see some of their concepts for costumes!

But so far I'm really happy with what they're discussing, and their latest news post gives a look into the face sculptor the game will have. It'll also have the varying body types, even MORE architypes, and other things that I'm happy to see. Freedom to let your character look exactly how you want is huge for me. I love me some customization.

The gameplay footage that they claimed wasn't ready but showed off anyway also looks very promising!

I played as an Arachnos Crab Spider, so I hope I can get something like the Spiderpack in this game. That thing was awesome. Machineguns? Got it. Grenades? Got that too. What's that? You want me to deploy a massive AoE bomb? I got that covered. Oh, I can stab pesky heroes and cops with it too. 

What are some fond memories/builds you had from the previous game? Share! Pics even, if you got em! I, unfortunately, don't :c

As long as they stick close to what made the original game great, I'll be happy, it has been six years!  That being said I am hoping for updated graphics and better maps (many maps, especially the city ones, were never that good at immersion, the exception being Croatoa, where I actually felt like I was in a small town in autumn.

I am hoping they'll retain the archtypes from the original game at least.  Of course I had a decent number of characters, the majority of Heroes side but I also had a coupe villains near and dear to my heart.  I am glad I managed some screeenshots before the end to keep for drawing purposes at least, and I still have my build info or my primary character. :)  (Should upload the images to Imgur for sharing).

Also make sure the characters still have those amazing butts from the original, always enjoyed watching my characters run that way. :D

I won't lie, City of Heroes had some of my fondest, online roleplay moments. Having an engine allowing one to make such varied avatars did little to impede my imagination, so I came up with all sorts of character concepts and chatted for hours. Sometimes I liked to design joke characters, just for fun and to have the visuals.

At one time, I'm pretty sure I played it to an unhealthy amount.

I even did some art and pictures of my supergroup battling winter lords. They had some great holiday events.

I left for a while when Champions came up, as it was, initially, a promising game with superior graphics. But boy did they screw that up over time.

I was there when it shut down, holding a torch, still in shock that it was happening with everyone else. The City of community was very strong. There was a lot of creativity, tolerance, kindness, and positive energy, a lot like some other community I know. Hmmm.

I would love to see City of Titans or one of the other tribute projects succeed and give a glimmer of that kind of wonderful community again.

The community was fantastic, even near the end. I'm sure that kind of thing will continue into the successor projects.

Honestly, my favorite supergroup I was in with my bane spider was Goofy Goober's Icecream Party Boat. No seriousness allowed, and everyone always had a good time. Never a dull moment. We had some pretty kick-butt villains on there too, but it was all about having fun.

• 1 month later...

Archived