Anime

Lyipheoryia

What anime do y'all watch?

I'm not a giant fan, but I do watch two: Tokyo Mew Mew (still a happy fan), and PowerPuff Girls Z (based of of Power Puff Girls)

The other ones I know of are:

Fairytail

"That one about basketball"

"That one about chess"

Sailor Moon

One Piece

Sword Art Online

Currently? I am indulging in Lupin III Part 4 and the Fate/Stay series. Quite recently I just finished Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa shitai ga Umatteiru and Subete ga F ni Naru. Both were rather enjoyable if you enjoy mystery. Among my all time favorites are Naoki Urasawa's Monster and Cowboy Bebop. Then you have movies like Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.

Recently watched Overlord, The Devil is a Part Timer, A Dungeon is No Place to Pick Up Women (I think that was it), One Punch Man, and Fairy Tail.

Probably my favorite series is Toriko. It's about food. And superheroes. And monsters.

Currently...

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans (currently ongoing)

Dragon Ball Super (ongoing)

Re-watched

Code Geass

Tekkeman Blade

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (this one I propably watched more times then all Star Wars movies put together).

Outlaw Star

Long term:

One Piece

Naruto (Not watching this until it returns to proper canon...next year. Seriously.)

Fairy Tail (getting back into this one, I just finished Edolas Arc, loool)

Right now for the winter season:

Dimension W

Assassination Classroom S2

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Backlog catch up.

Psycho Pass S2 - Backlog catch up.

I'm looking forward to Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 this year. Much hype! I could go on for several more pages about other series I watched/like, but this is where I am currently in my anime viewing sphere.

Just the ones that are currently airing on Toonami.

I used to watch more but streaming sites are unreliable and sometimes don't work and have annoying watermarks.

Luckily I have a job now so I can start buying it once I get my debit card from the bank I made a checking account at.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26.01.2016 at 0:22 AM, DerpRavener said:

I haven't tried anything new in a while, but I've got a few of my old favorites that I think are always worth watching.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Trigun

GaoGaiGar

Another GaoGaiGar lover?! I-I am sorry... I need a moment. After so long...<sniff>...I got all teary-eyed. Need tissues...

Also yeah, Trigun was the thing. One of the first series I watched with full knowledge what anime was.

• 2 weeks later...

Angel Beats!, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, Digimon Adventure 02,  Kaichou wa Maid-sama!,  Lucky☆Star,  Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch, Sakura Trick, Smile Precure!, Strawberry Panic, Sword Art Online,  Tokyo Mew Mew, Yu☆Gi☆Oh!. Digimon Adventure, Yuru Yuri.

Sailor moon was my first

• 2 months later...

I like a lot of anime but I'm not a huge fan of shonen anime (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tale, etc) with the exception of Dragon Ball Z, GT, and just plain ol' Dragon Ball because DBZ will always have a special place in my heart.

As for the anime I DO like:

Cowboy Bebop

Space Dandy

Dead Leaves (Movie)

Summer Wars (Movie)

Sword of the Stranger (Movie, also I would marry the absolute heck out of the main character <3)

Hotarubi no Mori e (Movie, I'd marry Gin too.)

Samurai Champloo

Eden of the East (Another one where I'd marry the main character)

Mushishi (Why do I want to marry everyone?)

Usagi Drop

Kill la Kill

Gurren Lagaan

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood of course)

Knights of Sidonia (I'd marry Tsumugi even though she's a giant alien mech lady)

and many, many of the ones that were already mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I finally have a job/money, I've been able to collect a good chunk of anime DVDs now so I've been watching anime that way recently.

Inuyasha (hoping I can actually complete all of it this time)

and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

I need to say something really quick. I complain about 'redemption' and their 'explanations' it's true.

However... as I've been rewatching Bobobo... their 'explanations' are even worse.

Softon: The characters just cheered his name constantly and he helped them
Jelly Jiggler: They literally bought him at some random store
Dengaku Man: He got a 'friendship speech' from Bobobo, then randomly showed up in an episode to help

However... this anime isn't supposed to be taken seriously I guess (from what I remember when I first watched it on the old Toonami on Cartoon Network) and the point is that it doesn't have a point and is just flat out ridiculous/insane (in a good way I guess?)

So this one could just be an exception or something possibly.

But it does give this eventually as an ending (on the DVDs anyway):

Spoiler

:P

• 3 months later...

Heeey let's necro this!

What'cha all watching right now? Honestly I think this year has been dry for anime, save for a few gems and long-running shounen I've been following. Seven Deadly Sins just popped out a 4-ep-long "inbetween" OVA while we wait for S2. It was great, but far too short.

I've been watching Naruto Shippuden wrap up -- I've been watching it for 12 years so it's poignant to see it finally ending.

One Piece is amazing right now. It's like a pure furry arc, so it's definitely my jam.

I tried the new Berserk, RWBY, and Ajin; all three had animation styles that I couldn't keep watching. (Scratchy or molasses-slow cel-shaded CGI just isn't my thing.).

Nothing else has really grabbed my attention lately, otherwise. I don't know if I'm just getting "over" anime, or if it's just a dry spell for good stuff.

Symphogear.  It's a happy medium between some of the inanity of Pretty Cure and the insanity of Madoka.

Also doing a rewatch of Space Battleship Yamato 2199.  It's a remake of the 1974 Space Battleship Yamato and I am surprised that it hasn't gotten more attention than it has.  I'd put it on the same level of character depth, politics, and awesome space battles as the Battlestar Galactica remake.

17 hours ago, Rosewind said:

I tried the new Berserk, RWBY, and Ajin; all three had animation styles that I couldn't keep watching. (Scratchy or molasses-slow cel-shaded CGI just isn't my thing.).

Same. I was so disappointed about Berserk. The constant switch between bad CGI and normal animation was so jarring. For such a legendary series, it deserves much better. I recently picked up the Manga and its 100% better. Although a place to buy volume 2 online (at a reasonably price) is non-existent. 

For me this season im watching:

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku: Which I get a lot of 'Meduak become magica' vibes from. Also Monokuma is in it. 

www.working: even though I didn't like the original, its still fun I guess?

Watashi ga Motete Dousunda: 

And of course, the best thing to come out this season.

Keijo!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently watching March Comes like a Lion, Izetta, Occultic;nine and if it ever continues...The Ancient Magus' Bride: Those Awaiting a Star. I'm mildly following Magical Girl Raising Project, but only because it has Madoka vibes, but it hasn't captured me like Madoka. I'm also still catching up on JoJo

I tried to watch Keijo and... I just couldn't...

Izetta and JJJBA are also on my list.  I just haven't had the patience to sit down and watch since it's the fall PC gaming season right now :)

Archived