Canterlot Institute of Magic (Private)

MetalBronyATL

For thousands of years, Equestria has been a land rich in magic. Many great mages, wizards and many other kinds of magic users have come and gone in Equestria's long and storied history. Many have used magic to create and bring light to the land, serving as a beacon of hope in dark times. Others have bent magic to their will and used it as a weapon of darkness, bringing destruction and chaos to the world. There have even been some who have gained such a mastery of magic that they have become like gods.

To help those who have obtained knowledge of magic and wish to further their abilities as a mage, the Canterlot Institute of Magic was formed many years ago. Overseen and sometimes instructed by the princesses, the school has provided young magic users a place to learn and grow with their powers. In addition to teaching maths, sciences, histories and other common educational courses, the school teaches many of the major schools of magic: Alteration - spells that manipulate the physical world

Illusion - spells that manipulate the mind

Destruction - spells used for combat

Conjuration - spells used for summoning

Restoration - spells used for healing magic and defense against dark magic

Mysticism - spells that unravel the unknown

Elemental Magic - spells belonging to a certain element

However, the school strictly forbids the teaching or practice of schools of dark magic such as necromancy or demonology.

Among all the students, there are two organizations that hold the most respect amongst all the others. The first is a group of ten of the most elite magic users at the school, known as the Circle of Wizards, who takes on the biggest challenges that the school must face. The second is known as the Elemental Order, made up of students who dominate a particular field of elemental magic.

Many magic users will come to the institute, looking to use magic to fulfill whatever purpose they intend on using it, but just as there is a light, there is a darkness, and soon the students of Canterlot Institute of Magic will have their lives changed forever.

((Present day))

A young student at the Institute walked out into the warm sunlight. He had just finished a long and grueling class and stretched his stiffness away. He walked into the courtyard where two young women sat. "Hey guys." He said as he approached. One of the girls looked up from her book and smiled. "How was class, Kane?" She said sweetly as he sat next to her. "Nowhere near as pleasant as seeing you, Autumn." Kane replied slyly. Autumn giggled and kissed him on the cheek. Silverthorn rolled her eyes at the two. "Third wheel once again. Yay."

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A young boy walked up to them reading a book on Defense against Black Magic, he wore an all black uniform with a dark cloak lined with purple, "Agreed, such acts should be saved for after school hours." He said closing his book shut. Shade Locke, a third year student with an expertise in Illusion and Restoration, mostly dealing with defense against dark magic. "Oh lighten up Shade, once you have your own girl, you'll..... Actually you having a girlfriend just sounds, Odd." Black Frost said as he stepped out from behind Shade, Black Frost was also a third year student talented in the Elemental Magic of Ice, currently he was in the process of trying out for the Elemental order.

((Having Trax and Tavi be older students apart of the Circle of Wizards. Flint, Rogue and Carla as part of the Elemental Order. Thanks for throwing that in there btw :) )) 

((Of course, I'm trying not to make it like a clone of Guardian Academy but I figured taking that same approach would be good for our characters.))

Kane rolled his eyes. "Silverthorn, would you like to volunteer for such a position?" He said with a smirk. Silverthorn looked at Shade slyly. "If he wants to." She said, giving Shade a flirty look.

Nearby, two members of the Circle of Wizards, Soulscream and Gleaming Blade, were sitting on a bench relaxing in the sunlight. A circular fireplace was before them with multicolored flames burning inside it. "How long until it's done again?" Blade asked regarding their experiment. Soul checked the time in his watch. "About another hour." Blade put his hands behind his head. "I love when our work does itself."

((Well Guardian Academy was based in a 22nd century time, so maybe keep this in an earlier time zone?))

Shade looked Silver up and down getting a little red but kept a calm face, for a moment it looked as if was about to agree but then he shook his head, "I'm fine thank you." He said with a curt bow and walked away. Black watched him go then looked back to Kane and the others, "OOOkay, so whats up with you guys?"

"You two still working on that? How long you got now?" The question came from 8th year student Nameless Trax, respected member of the Circle of Wizards, he wore baggy pants with a hooded shirt. He earned his spot in the Circle for his talent in weapons conjuring, his most memorable style is the Reapers scythe. "Maybe they just need some help." Another voice said, walking up behind them was 8th year student, Flint Dragneal. Flint was a member of the Elemental Order for his extreme mastery in Fire magic, currently he was also in line for seat in the Circle of Wizards.

((Yeah, this isn't in the future. It's more traditional fantasy like the show or Skyrim is.))

Silverthorn giggled as Shade sped off. "Just got out of a boring lecture on bound weapons. I'm in my third year of conjuration and destruction, I think I know how this works by now." Kane said annoyed.

"Should be another hour with any luck." Soul said as he levitated a large stone from the fire. It was glowing hot and small runes began to form on it. "The heat is supposed to make these ancient runes appear, but it's taking a long time." Blade said before looking at Flint. "Perhaps you can be of assistance?"

"Glad I was born with a liking for Ice magic, this years been easy with all my classes." Black said feeling a little high n mighty.

Flint smirked and held up both hands, with his left he controled the fire itself, snapping his fingers with his right hand the fire exploded glowing brighter and burned hotter, but Flint kept the fire from expanding any further to be harmful. Flint let off letting the fire calm down, "Hows that?"

Trax watched folding his arms, suddenly he flinched with fear hearing female voices arguing, quickly he cast an invisibility spell on himself and dissapeared. A second later, 8th years; Octavia Melody, Sun Flare, and Ally Valentine, came walking up arguing about who deserves him more. Breaking the conversation, Ally stomped her foot glaring at the three of them, "Have you seen Trax?" She asked flusteredly, Tavi and Sun looked at them angrily curious.

"If only we all were so lucky." Kane said rolling eyes. "So Black, have things been with you lately?" Silverthorn asked.

Soul and Blade looked at each other and then to where they thought Trax was. "Uh, I haven't seen him lately. Have you Blade?" Soul said. Blade shook his head no and went back to monitoring the experiment. "Why do you ask?" Soul asked curiously.

Black  put his hands behind his head letting out a sigh, "Chill as the Ice I cast my friend, easy year and easy living." 

"He needs to settle this debate once and for all." Ally began crankily, "Decide who he's going to be with." Tavi said grumpily, "Pick who he's going to marry and have kids with." Sun finished with a happy smile as she starred off into the distance imagining her life with Trax. All three of them got really close to Soul with grim faces, "If you see him, you better let us know, got it!?" They said together before stomping off in different directions. Once the coast was clear, Trax appeared from his spell and let out an exhausted sigh of relief, "Literally, we were all having a nice pic-nick and all I said, 'We're getting older', next thing I know they all start arguing about marriage and kids. I'm so confused." Flint looked at Trax with a weird face, not really knowing what to say to him besides calling him an idiot and pointing his obvious mistake. 

Soul shook his head in disbelief. "Girls these days, I swear." He said under his breath. "Well Trax, who DO you like the most? I mean you can run from this forever."

"You know, I think I happen to know somebody who fancy's you, Black." Silverthorn said with a smirk. Autumn rolled her eyes. "Matchmaker Silverthorn is at it again." she whispered to Kane.

((Didn't know if you were playing Vi in this or not. Just doing that for dialogue.))

Trax sighed, Flint shook his head, "Please, not even he knows the answer to that question. So, you guys ready for that Quest this weekend? I'm all fired up just thinking about it!" He said slamming his fists together creating a small flare of fire.

Black smirked, "Not surprised, I am pretty hot, or should I say Coooool." He said snapping his fingers and pointing at them slyly. Suddenly he was bent over in a head lock, holding him down was 6th year Hazel Feather, a weapons and armor conjurer. "Afternoon friends." She greeted them kindly while she held onto a struggling Black.

((Is it alright if our first Bad guy is Oakly? Maybe he's been possessed by Slipknot or someone, he was possessed at a young age and spent the next years until now to create a large crystal tower to resurrect Nergal or something, but actually its all just a ruse to take the attention away from Slipknot or someones real plan. Perhaps many years ago Hazel and Oakly were kidnapped and forced to work as slaves for Nergal or whoevers Disciples, while trying to escape Oakly was tortured in Hazels place making him easy for Slipknot or whoever to possess. Hazel then starts a bigger revolt but when she finds Oakly, he'd already killed the Disciple Leaders and was acting Insane, he attacked Hazel and sent her off. Oakly then took over the building of the crystal tower to the present day, his team of Black magic users captures Hazel and the others taking them back to the Tower so Oakly can use Hazel as a sacrifice. I know thats alot but it'll get us started, plus it gives me character growth for Hazel and Oaklys relationship.))  

Kane struggled to hold back laughing at Black easily being beaten into submission. "Hazzy! What's up girl?" Silverthorn greeted warmly, happy to see her. The two girls were expecially close.

Soul rolled his eyes but smirked. "You just really wanted to make that pun didn't you? Well to answer your questions, Mr. Pyro, I think it will be a very good opporitunity to-"

"YES! I GOT IT!" Blade suddenly shouted excited, jumping up and down. The mysterious orb they were heating up was now covering in symbols and glowing brightly. "We can finally read the runes written on it! We finally did it!" He looked over at Black being held in a headlock by Hazel. "Hey Icebrain, get over here and out this thing out!"

((Yeah dude, that sounds good. I haven't really worked out what my plans are for villains yet, but that sounds like a good start. When it gets underway I'll have a plan by then. Also is Oakly going to come back eventually or is this going to be a lovers on opposite sides kind of thing?))

((He'll be in and out after his defeat at the Tower))

Hazel let go of Black so he could go talk with the older students, "Not a whole lot, the Sword Master's angry at me for injuring several students during a sparring match. They asked for all-out, so I gave them 25%." She said before pulling out a piece of paper, "Also, I pulled a Quest from the Board, you three and Icicle Jr. are going with me. And No, you dont get a choice." She declared folding her arms and tapping her right foot impatiently.

Black walked up to them rubbing his neck, he saw the rune in Blades hands and grew excited, "You did it!"

A cloaked man and three others walked up to a throne chair, the shadows covering whoever sat in throne. "Preparations for the Tower are nearly complete, henceforth our Sacrifice will be needed here. I've already made sure they get the Quest, be ready for them, and then bring them here."

"Well, I guess we better get moving, shouldn't we?" Silverthorn asked, playfully messing with Hazel's hair. Kane and Autumn looked at each other for a second. "I'm always down for a quest. Where are we going?" Kane asked curiously.

Blade nodded. "Yep, sure did. Now if you don't mind, this thing is 500 degrees. Cool this thing down please." Blade said hastily to Black, sweating and growing tired from levitating it.

Black nodded and cast a little snow over it, suddenly he was being dragged away by Hazel, "Apologies, but we need the Little Snow ball." She told them as she dragged Black by his hood, he stuggled back but gave up in defeat. "The quest scroll said theres a monster terriorizing the the fishing town of Hargion, we're going to take care of it, that and I like my sushi." She explained.

Trax watched them go and chuckled, "You guys remember when Hazel first came here? Just a little girl battered and beaten, consumed by depression. Now look at her, her 4th year here and already being looked at as a Circle runner-up. I remember Professor Laxus bringing her in off the streets, her eyes were practically dull with death."

"Now they burn with the fires of Womanly strength!" Flint added with a thumbs up.

"We'll meet you by the gates then when we've prepared." Kane said as the three of them left to prepare for the journey.

"She has grown up fast indeed. I predict she will be a powerful mage before the end." Soul said. Blade was now studying the runes that were slightly glowing on the orb. "This is incredible. It's an ancient language from before the dawn of man. I can't read it though. We'll have to research this further." He said as he set the orb into a large sack. "But we can worry about that later, I do believe somebody here doubted I could pull this off, and now owes me a drink." Blade said with a smirk as Soul rolled his eyes. "I hate when you're right."

Trax and Flint shared a glance along with a slight chuckle, this everyday humor was a beacon of light in sometimes stressful days.

Black leaned against the front gate yawning, he quickly straightened as he saw Hazel walking up to him, she wore baggy pants with clothe wrapping around her chest. Black blushed and looked away scratching his head, "Uh Hazel, can you possibly put on more clothing, you look like-"

"Like what, Black?" Hazel asked folding her arms and glaring at him, Black pretended to zip his lips shaking his head. "Uh huh, thats what I thought." She spun around snapping her finger, a giant bag appeared over Blacks head and slammed him to the ground, "You'll also be carrying my bag for your horrid thoughts." Black moaned with pain under the bag, "Kay."

Kane, Autumn and Silverthorn arrived at the gates, prepared to depart on their journey. Kane saw Black struggling with Hazel's bag and shook his head. "Looks like somebody said the wrong thing." He teased. "Looks like your trying to knock 'em dead with more than just magic, eh Hazzy?" Silverthorn teased with a smirk. "I don't blame you, you've got one hell of a figure."

Hazel blushed nervously trying to play it cool, "A little exercise and healthy eating goes a long way." She cleared her throat and turned to start off down the road, "Alright, now that we're ready, lets get going!" Black groaned picking up the heavy bag.

"So do you know anything about this monster we're supposed going after?" Autumn asked as they started to head out, looking through a map of the surrounding areas. "Wouldn't hurt to know what we're getting into."

Soul and Blade entered the Circle Penthouse after cleaning up after their experiment. "I'm really excited to research this further." Blade said, looking over his notes.

Hazel shrugged, "The flier didnt say much, just theres a monster terrorizing the fishing town of Hargion, someone wants it gone. Even gave us a location." She said handing back the flier. Black took and started reading, "Uh Hazel, the location is..."

Trax tossed his coat onto the hanger near the door, Flint had returned to the Elemental Hall. "Duma, bourbon, on the rocks. Tafadhali?" As he spoke, a dark skinned large man came out from behind the bar, "Right away Sir." He said with a deep tone and swahili accent. "Sir, your.... Three women are here as well." He added pouring the drink. Trax sighed as he sat at the bar, "Thank you Duma."

"Is a Bar, called C-Monster." Black said as they stood in the middle of Hargion, infront of the five of them was a local bar. Hazel was blue with guilt, "We were tricked." She said sadly. Black put the flier away, "Well since we're here, might as well drown out our sorrows, and apparent embarrassment."

Kane put a hand over his face and sighed. "We came all this way for a bar? If I wanted to get drunk I would just do it back at the penthouse." Silverthorn shrugged. "Hey, I'm not complaining. Maybe I'll catch a cute guy or two." She said before walking inside.

Soul shook his head as he took a sip of whiskey. "You can't run from it forever, Trax. You have to tell them something."

Hazel groaned as she walked in after them. Entering the bar it wasnt too packed, mostly groups socializing between themselves. Black hurried over to a group of young women and began his smooth talking, interestingly enough he got the attention of a very attractive girl wearing a strange witches hat. Hazel ignored everyone and went striaght to the bar ordering a bloody mary, "I have brought disgrace to our glorious school." She said sadly before she downed her drink.

"There they are, and right time too."

A handsome looking young man walked over to Silver, "Excuse me Miss, I just gotta know. Did it hurt, you know when you fell from heaven?"

A couple, one a large nordic man and the other a short Syrian woman, "Hey you two, we saw come in and wanted to ask you about relationship advice, do you mind?" The syrian woman asked motioning to an empty booth.

Silverthorn smirked at the man and leaned on the bar seductively with her midsection showing. "Well aren't you just a cutie?" She said taking a sip of wine. "But I'm afraid it takes more than cheesy pickup lines to work on me." She said with a wink.

Kane and Autumn looked at each other before looking back to the couple. "Stay alert." Kane whispered quietly to Autumn, who nodded at him. They sat down in the booth with the couple. "Well, what are you guys having problems with?"

((Don't forget the other RPs Trax))

"I'll keep that in mind. Names Kasey, whats yours?" Kasey asked leaning against the bar next to Silver.

"Well you two look like you live with each other so we're wanting to know how far in your relationship did you move in together. This is Ragnorak and my names Maple by the way." Maple explained introducing themselves.

Black seemed to have left somewhere with the girl in the witches hat.

Hazel sat at the bar a little ways from Silver and Kasey, she stirred her drink in a depressed state. It wasnt till she heard three familiar names that she froze still.

"I like things the way they are, it works, why change it?" Trax asked still not getting the point.

"Silverthorn." She replied. "Well I must say, Kasey, you have a fine taste if you're coming after me."

Autumn looked at Kane before answering them. "Well, we're actually students at the Canterlot Institute of Magic. We live in dorms. But we spend a lot of time together."

"You can't honestly tell me you enjoy three girls fighting over you. And I know you have feelings for at least one of them. I've known you for years, Trax." Soul said.

Archived