Canterlot Institute of Magic (Private)

MetalBronyATL

When everybody had left, Soul and Twilight soon returned to the spot where they just were and hid from view of everybody else. They embraced each other and shared a kiss. "Don't scare me like that again." Twilight said in a stern but loving tone. Soul smirked and kissed her cheek. "Yes ma'am." Twilight rolled her eyes. "Don't say that, you make me feel old. You and the other older students are my age." She said annoyed but soon putting her head on his chest. "I'm glad you're ok." 

"Well I have some good news to make up for it!" Blade said suddenly excitedly, throwing his research notes on the table. "I've been doing some experiments on the stone from earlier and I discovered some amazing secrets!" Silverthorn rolled her eyes. "Mysticism class isn't until 8am tomorrow, can we save the lecture until then?" She groaned.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blade's face lit up excitedly as he now had a chance to share he knowledge. "Where do I even start? First of all, I've discovered that the runes on the stone were from an ancient tribe who lived far to the north who called themselves 'Maveris.' They would build giant stone monuments using smaller stones etched in their language. What we found was actually a only a piece of a larger structure!" Kane lifted his head from Autumn's lap and looked over to Blade. "So basically you're excited over a fancy brick?" Blade shot Kane a look. "It gets better, just wait!" 

"Because the words in the ancient language are incantations, and the structure was used to channel magical energy. They believe it was a way to harvest power from their gods. We had to set it on fire because that's the only way to activate the runes." Blade said digging through his notes. "Don't you see? This is a piece of something that could make somebody incredible powerful. Almost too powerful." 

Shades dark green  eyes sparkled with interest, "T-That would be ... Um, we should consider collecting them to keep from forces of evil." He said awkwardly. Black had grin on, "Yes, collect the bricks so we can make ourselves stronger! Hahahaha!" He stood up in a victory pose, a minute later he was chopped on the head and sent unconscious back down onto the couch, Hazel shook her head standing behind him, "Idiot, we'd collect the bricks and lock them away, to keep them from falling into the wrong hands." She explained diligently.

Trax sat next to the hospital bed where Sun lay, he ran his fingers through her hair. Tavi and Ally sat on the otherside wanting to feel jealous for Sun but where ashamed to say so. 'She'll make a full recovery, but unfortunately she cannot move anything below her waist.' The words of the Doctor echoed in Traxs head. 

Inside the Circle of Wizards tower, theres a room of pitch blackness with light coming off from a big magic circle with smaller magic circles lining the bigger. Five people stood dotted around it, Laxus was one of them. "I have been informed that Sun has lost the use of her legs. I say we should let her decide her fate from here on out. If she does choose to leave the Circle, that will make for another spot opening in the Circle. Flint Dragneal has shown great prowess, but from our last meet, we talked of Hazel Feather."

"She is too young." "Strong, yes. Potential, yes. However, I do not see her as a candidate considering her age." "I agree, there are others Older who have been waiting their chance to Enter the Circular Exams, there would be disputs and complaints." "A fourth year in the Exams would be a first since, even you Laxus were only a fifth year."

Laxus nodded at them as they spoke their input, "Indeed, but I am also quite lazy, back then I figured it'd be more work, so I waited till the next year instead. Anyway, I say she is given a chance, especially with so few in the Exams." Laxus held out a stack of papers, smaller than their usual size. The other Members bit their toungues in response, "With Flint and few others already broadcasting their entrance, there are fewer entries. One spot left, I say Hazel is given it by default." Laxus suggested, the other Members sighed and nodded their agreement reluctantly.

((apologies for taking over that, i didnt give the other members names just line each. Sun is going to resign on her own accord making there two spots for the Circle. Im making the Exams to where it its a knockout match and the two last standing have to face one of the Members and if they win, they get in. If they lose, the Circle Member can choose for them either join or not based on their skill and power. I'm having Flint and Silver along with Ally, Tavi, and five other Random OC's. My plan is for Flint and Hazel to be the last two but only Flint makes it past, Hazel faces Trax and he sees she is still caught up in something with  Oakly so he tells her she cant join. Anythjng you wanna add?))

((There are ten people on the Circle. I was kind of expecting you to have half and I have half. I was also kinda hoping you'd use real characters and not just generic slot filled. I guess I could just say Soul and Blade are on and Kane or Silverthorn could move up and then whoever you want.))

Blade winced at Hazel's strike to Black. He cleared his throat and continued. "Right. Fortunately, each construct is composed of 48 of the stones, and you need all 48 for it to work, so just having this one in our possession will keep it from falling into the wrong hands." Silverthorn stretched and layed back down on the couch. "Good job Blade, you saved the world." She said sarcastically.

((Yeah, i can fill in those unnamed spots, that whole meet was kinda only between four of the members without Trax, Soul, Blade, and Sun. With Sun leaving that leaves two spots. So I'll have Laxus, Trax, Flint, Ceasar, and Hazel will come later. Before her I'll have Black Star, he'll be a traitor.))

Hazel chopped Silver over the head as well, "He is Hero for saving us from darkness, who knows if an enemy has all the other pieces and Blade has recovered that last piece, therefore saving us from catastrophe!" Hazel said gallantly. 

Silverthorn groaned and rubbed her head. "Geez, Hazel. Why don't you just give your 'hero' a kiss then if you're so happy that he saved us from evil magical rocks." She said annoyed. Blade blushed and looked away rubbing the back of his head. "Uh, t-that won't be necessary, just doing what I love...gaining knowledge." 

((Man, you're really throwing Black under the bus lately. lol.))

((Lol he's actually really strong but only knows how to access half of it, he's like the comic relief in this.))

Black snickered at Hazel for Silvers remark, Hazel returned with a fist on both of their heads, "Your immature minds are annoying and unhealthy. Now dont you two have homework to do?"

"Sun..." Trax began as he listened to Sun explain her leaving the Circle, since she had lost her legs she felt she needed to slow down. "Please Trax, this is what I want. Also... I'm dropping out of the race." Sun told him solemnly, Trax looked at her confused, "To be your wife, I love you too much, and I feel I will hold you back." 

"Sun-"

"No Trax, this is what I want, don't argue with me. Now please, I'd like to be alone." Sun interrupted him, Trax sighed and stood up, he kissed Suns forehead and turned walking away. Sun blinked and tears began run from her eyes. 

Ally and Tavi stood a ways away listening, they wanted to feel accomplished on less compitition, but the reason was too sad.

((Nah I mean you've been making him a traitor lately. Lol))

"Seriously, Hazel? Lighten up and quit being a teachers' pet." Silverthorn said in annoyance before leaving the room, avoiding getting a third smack on the head. Blade cleared his throat after the awkward silence. "Anyway, this requires more study, so until then I will make sure it is locked away. It's unlikely somebody has found the other 47, but can't be too careful." 

Soul stood on the balcony of Twilight's chambers. Thankfully it was obscure enough to avoid him standing there. A student having relations with the Arch Mage wasn't out of the question, but would be strange to everyone. He turned and sat on the bed, running his hand down Twilight's back. "Poor Sun, it's like she had her life taken from her." She said softly. Soul sighed. "Indeed it is, but she's strong. She'll find a way to overcome this." 

((Oh no, Black Frost and Black Star are two different characters of mine. Black Frost will remain good, Black Star will be one of the Circle members, which he betrays later.))

Back in the Circles meeting room, Trax had joined the other five, "Sun has decided to resign her position." Trax reported monotonously. Laxus glanced at him, "Then that brings the number of openings to two, the tournament starts in one week." He said with the others agreeing. Black Star, one of the older members of the Circle, chuckled sarcastically, "This should be good, I hope one of them is dumb enough to choose me." He wore the typical black robes with dotted star patterns refering to his name, he was known to be quite egotistical. Laxus sighed and cast the Circles beacon spell, making a sound only those of the Circle can hear.

Suns ears twitched but soon it stopped short for her, her resignation now formally true. "This is what I want."

((Gotcha, was a little confusing at first. Lol))

Soul looked up when he heard the beacon and and stood putting his casual robe back on. "I'm being summoned, I'll be back soon." He said to Twilight, kissing her forehead before leading. 

Blade heard the signal and packed his notes up. "Well I'd love to stay and discuss more with you guys, but I'm being summoned. Seeya!" He said before teleporting out. Kane sighed in relief. "Maybe now we'll get some piece and quiet in here." He said as he laid his head in Autumn's lap. 

Black sighed and slumped back, Hazel watched Blade go then froze up as she saw Oakly appear from behind Blade, but another person walked by and he was gone. "I-I... Need to go... Somewhere..." She stammered before rushing off. Shade raised an eyebrow in confusion but didnt question it.

At that moment, an 11th circle formed on the rim of the larger circle, next appeared a man. "Well this should be an exciting tournament, we havent had two spots open since Trax and Souls four years ago. Ah good times..." The man was Caesar Valentine, Allys older brother, and a 12th year student at the School. Caesar is a tall and well built man with dark green eyes and short spiked up brown hair, shaved on the sides. A long vertical scar ran over his left eye, as well as the tip of another more nasty scar on his neck leading down under his shirt. Caesar wore boots and baggy pants with a green shirt under a leather hooded jacket. Laxus sighed, "Nice of you to join us Caesar." Caesar gave him a thumbs up and a smile. Trax stiffled a smirk, Caesar, the only one who can get under Laxus's skin and live to tell the tale. "As is custom, you all suggest one student to participate in the tournament. This far, we have: Stryker Shield, Kaveck Romanov, Rowan Scandia, and Rose Blackthorn." Laxus began, "Trax, Soul, Blade, Caesar, submit yours. Keep in mind, Flint Dragneal, and Hazel Feather are our two guests from the empty two slots." He reminded them. Trax nodded, "I name Octavia Melody." Caesar smirked, "I name my little Sis, Ally Valentine. Guess she and Tavi wont just be competing for the open slots, but also a heart from a certain someone eh buddy?" Caesar teased, Trax sighed knowing he should have seen this coming, not to mention Hazel being recommended as a fourth year. Trax glanced at Soul and Blade, wondering who they'd select.

Soul and Blade looked at each other and nodded. "Blade and I have talked it over, and we believe Hurricane Lightning and Silverthorn Fallenstar are excellent candidates." He said. "So I choose Kane and Blade here chooses Silverthorn."

Laxus folded his arms, Trax looked at them in confusement but knew they had their reasons. Black Star laughed, "Them? Their just third years, its bad enough poor Hazel is gonna get a but kicking, now we have to watch two more Sorry matches?" He chuckled.

"I suggest you don't speak of my friends that way, Black Star, unless you want to be a pile of ashes." Soul said crossing his arms and glaring at Black. "And if you read their documentation you'd know that Kane is an anomaly. As a child he was found to have an unnatural amount of magical energy coursing through his body. He's a prodigy." Blade also gave Black a glare. "As for Silverthorn, she comes from a family of mages and she was born under Mage sign. Don't underestimate her. The point is that they are both talented beyond their time, and I believe they have a chance." 

"Your threats as scarce as their chances of winning the first  round." Black Star scoffed. Laxus let out a burst of lightning silencing them, "Enough, the votes have been cast, the Tournament will start in one week. As the Circles Teaching Advisor, Meeting adjourned." He said before flickering away in sparks. Black Star teleported out along with the other five senior members. Caesar went over to Soul, Trax and Blade, "Well put you three, I hope all of our votes battle the best they can!" 

Archived