Canterlot Institute of Magic (Private)

MetalBronyATL

"Ah dont let the Emo scare ya, when it comes down to it, he's nothing but a huge baby." Caesar chuckled, Trax smiled a little, one perk of marrying Ally would be having Caesar as a brother-n-law. "Well the first round will be five 1on1 matches, then those five get to choose one of us to fight. Dont go easy on em either." Caesar told them.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Oh I won't, believe me." Soul said before turning to Blade. "Blade, have you shared your discovery with the others yet?" He asked. Blade perked up a bit at the mention of his project. "Oh yes, if it interest you guys at all, I found one of the ancient power stones of Maveris. Took a lot of deciphering but I managed to make it readable." 

Blade shut his eyes and his hands lit up. After a moment, a shining object appeared in the room. The light settled revealing the stone. "I keep it hidden in a ethereal barrier for safekeeping. It's as if it wasn't even there." He said setting the stone down. Soul lightly touched it. "Wow...you can practically feel the magic radiating from it." 

Caesar looked at it like he'd seen one before but acted like he was seeing it for the first time, "Incredible, Im impressed." Trax glanced at Soul sensing the lie in his tone, he was hiding something. 

Soul looked at Trax sharing his concern. "Your research is very much appreciate Blade, but I think it can wait until we have our new members." He said. Blade nodded and the stone disappeared. "Right, sorry. It's just so facinating." 

Caesar patted Blades shoulder before taking his leave of the room. "That was... Odd." Trax said out loud before shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Attention Students, will the following Wizards please report to the Training Gym; Rose Blackthorn, Rowan Scandia, Kaveck Romanov, Stryker Shield, Flint Dragneal, Ally Valentine, Octavia Melody, Hazel Feather, Hurricane Lightning, and Silverthorn Fallenstar." Laxus's voice echoed throughout the school halls.

Flint was training on the roof shirtless when he heard it, the fire from his last punch flared around him and burned out. 

Ally and Tavi were giggling with eachother when they heard it, both looked at each other with determination flareing in their eyes. 

Hazel was her bed holding onto a pillow tightly when she heard the announcement, she paused and sat up with tears running down her left side, Hazel wiped her tears away and strapped on her armor before racing out the door.

Celestia and Luna were watching Flint from afar, "Twlight Twlight! Your gonna miss it come here!" Celestia yelled as Flint was walking back towards the door. 

Kane kissed Autumn on the forehead before walking out of his room and beginning to head towards the gym with his gear. He ran into Silverthorn on the way. "I think I know what this is about." She said with a confident smirk. "Good luck to you." Kane said as they fist-bumped.

Twilight groaned and joined the princesses as Flint was walking away. "Miss what? A shirtless student? Honestly, you two." She said annoyed. She did think Flint was attractive, but she was already in a happy relationship. 

Soul shrugged. "No matter, for now we have a job to do."

Tia and Luna groaned, "Oh he's old enough, besides, rumor is he already had the hearts for you anyway." Tia said slumping over, "Yeah, its no fair, being a cougar is rougher than you'd think." Luna added.

The four older students were already there looking at Kane and Silver with hostile eyes. Hazel ignored them, "Congrats you teo for being submitted." She said to them.

Twilight smirked at the older princesses as she joined them on the balcony. "I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe I'm just prettier than you two." She teased as she bumped her hip against Luna's side.

"Same to you Hazel. Seems like some of these guys don't like us being here." Silverthorn said. "Well guys, I guess all we can do is just give it our best shot. Even if we don't win we're still young, our time will come. I'm just honored to be here." Kane said nobly.

Tia and Luna glared at her but then slumped over in depression, "We're doomed to be single!"

Hazel looked around, "Wait, wheres Flint?" At that moment the doors blew open in a fiery blaze, Flint strode in wearing his scaled vest. Rose and the others grew a little nervous, Flint was supposed to have joined before Soul and Trax but was suspected of throwing the match, his skill and power is something none of the older students forget seeing from their younger years. "Yo, who's ready to get this party started!" He cheered with a grin. 

Twilight giggled at the princesses as she turned to leave. "You never know, how about you just take Flint for yourselves since you think he's so hot?" She joked. 

"Way to make an entrance." Kane said, happy to see at least once friendly face preparing for the tournament.

"That was a horrible pun." Tia groaned.

Flint shot the other four a glare before turning to Kane, "You know me, gotta make an entrance. Speaking of which, look out." As he warned them, Ally and Tavi walked in glaring at eachother with sparks flying between them.

Kane rolled his eyes. "At least there's only two of them now. I just wish Trax would take one and be done with it." Silverthorn gagged. "Seriously. I mean yeah Trax is a good looking guy but is it really worth all this?" 

"Worth what?" The voice came from a shirtless and sweaty Trax behind them, he had a bowstaff behind his neck with his hands outstretched to the ends of the staff, his meesy hair hung over half his face, his fit and lean muscular physique like something from a fantasy. He had an owl tattoo on his right pectoral and a tribal design like flames covering his left pectoral and arm. His piercing blue eyes glistened like sapphire gems in the sunlight. Hazel blushed and felt guilty as she looked away, Rose turned bright red and nearly fainted into Rowans arms, Ally and Tavi melted to the floor. Flint looked behind at the Gym doors seeing Celestia and Luna both fozen with bright red faces, he turned around chuckling. "Forgot that Trax and Soul train here around this time."

((Had to))

Silverthorn looked away acting like she wasn't impressed, but a small blushed barely began to show. "Well, I guess if your old enough at this school walking around shirtless is acceptable." Kane thought. 

"Ah nothin Pal, hows the training going?" Flint said as he and Trax fist bumped, "Soul said he had to go somewhere so I just went through some drils. Gonna hit the showers now, meet you ay our usual spot?" Trax replied. "Yeah, see ya there." Flint told him before Trax headed back out. Laxus appeared in a spark of lightning, "Welcome, I'm sure you all can guess why you've been called here, so you know what to expect. There will be five matches, one on one elimination. Next, the remaining five will choose one of the current Members to fight, if you win. Your place is saved. If you lose, the Member you faced will decide your fate." Laxus explained.

Kane looked over the others who had been chosen to compete. "Looks like we're going to be fighting an uphill battle." He said to himself. "Don't worry to much, Kane. We're young but we got selected for a reason. Just stay confident." 

Hazel glanced around, Kane and Silver were a year under her but she'd seen second hand what they're capable of. Ally and Tavi were both ones to be wary of, they seem distracted sometimes but they're quick to snap to it, not to mention Allys brother is perhaps the strongest student wizard at the school. The other five were all older students with more experience and magic they haven't witnessed before, wild cards that can be dangerous if not taken seriously. Then theres Flint, one of the strongest of the 12 Elementals and nicknamed The Fire Dragon King, by the Dragon he slew years ago. As far as she was concerned, Flint was the only one she knew she'd lose to if they were paired together.

"The test will begin in one week, good luck." Laxus told them.

((yeah ))

One week later...

Hazel slid across the arena blocking blow for blow against Strykers heavy magic reinforced punches. The crowd roared as the first match of the Tournament began, Stryker Shield vs Hazel Feather. The entire school had come out to spectate as this was occasion did not happen very often, everyone wanted witness what it took to be selected for a spot in the Circle of Wizards. The Princesses had their own box to watch from in the center, the Circle of Wizards had their own box to the right, and the 12 Elementals had theirs to the left. There was a dugout on the edge of the arena under the Princesses Box, the other 8 fighters sat and watched waiting for their turn. 

Kane sat alone trying to meditate on his powers as he awaited his match. Silverthorn watched Hazel intently. "Well, she's keeping up with him at least." she said. 

Soul and Blade sat near each other watching the battle. "They both show promise." Blade commented. 

Trax narrowed his eyes carefully analyzing Hazels every move, "She's distracted, and been that way since the Tower incident. Sun talked with her about it, the loss of her two friends Oakly and Kasey was alot to handle. Theres something else too but Sun said she wont say anything."

Stryker kept up his non-stop barrage of heavy magic hits on Hazels conjured shield. Finally a crack in the conjured shield appeared and Hazel halted stopping Stryker still, the look on his face turned to suprise. Hazel shifted her foot back with smirk, "My turn." She said confidently, Stryker saw the determined look in her eyes and swallowed nervously. In one push, Hazel bashed Stryker back shattering her shield, Hazel dropped down in a crouch conjuring another sword and rocketed off. Hazel ran up next to a still flying back Stryker, she spun slicing him up then kicked him high into the air. Hazel dispersed her swords before bursting up high right above Stryker conjuring a huge warhammer in her hands, "Sky Hammer of the Gods: Planetary Blow!" Strykers eyes opened wide as the mirrage of an astroid appeared right above the stadium. Hazel was mid swing when she suddenly hesitated, Oakly appeared in Strykers place, "Go on, its nothing compared to what I did to you. Let me take all the pain I caused you." Hazels right eye started to water. Stryker realized she was slowing down and started to cast a shield spell, Hazel shook her head and grit her teeth before slamming down on Stryker sending him crashing down in the arena, the ground condensed into a crater around the impact zone. Hazel landed, a strand of hair fell down between her eyes, her tears partially dried under her right eye. The crowed was quiet as they waited for the dust to settle. The dust cleared as Stryker stumbled out, "Ah that wasn't... So bad... Come on... Is that all you got-" Hazel sped forward conjuring a spear, Stryker whimpered as she stopped just inches from his groin. Stryker held his hands up in surrender, the crowed roared with excitement as Hazel waved with a smile. 

Trax folded his arms, "She's not ready."

"But I am." The deep beastly voice from within Trax made him place his hands on the arm rests of his chair, his tight grip made them crack, hearable only to him. Trax glanced around nervously seeing the others look at him oddly, her cleared his throat and sat up swallowing his fear.

Silverthorn jumped up and down in excitement. "That's my girl!" She cheered happily for Hazel. Kane smiled, happy to know Hazel did well. 

"Not bad. She seemed pretty inconsistent at times, but she has the talent." Soul said. "Who's next?" 

Hazel joined the others in the dugout as the magic randomizer bars spun around, finally stopping one two names: Hurricane Lightning vs Silverthorn Fallenstar.

Black Frost, sitting with Autumn and Shade, jumped up in surprise, "Whoa ho that I did not see coming!"

Trax pushed away the voice, "Soul, Blade, what are your thoughts?"

Hazel patted the two of them on the back, "Good luck you two, give it your all. Remember, no matter what, you're still friends in the end." She told them encouragingly.

Archived