Canterlot Institute of Magic (Private)

MetalBronyATL

Autumn sighed. "I somehow knew that would happen." 

"It will be an interesting match. Although young, they each have a special advantage in magic. Silverthorn comes from a very rich magical background, while Kane has a natural inborn gift." Soul explained. "They're also evenly matched with destruction and conjuration magic." Blade added.

Kane and Silverthorn entered the ring and shook each other's hands. "Good luck, no hard feelings right?" Silverthorn asked. "Of course, no hard feelings. But you better be ready." Kane said with a smirk. 

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Should be an interesting match then." Caesar said putting his hands behind his head.

Laxus pointed his hand into the air and fired a bolt of Lightning that cracked above the stadium signaling the start of the second match.

Silverthorn immediately let a burst of lightning fly at Kane. Kane quickly blocked it with a ward spell before conjuring a sword and charging at her. Silverthorn did a back flip as she threw fire balls at Kane, who managed to summon another ward spell to defend himself. 

Soul and Blade watched intently. "A strong start from both of them."

"Kanes wards will become too predictable if you over uses it, should Silverthorn see through his pattern, she'll be able to counter it. On the other hand, Silverthorn should match up her attacks, and again be careful not to stick to a pattern for too long." Trax assessed.

"Lets go Kane!" Black Frost yelled from his seat. Shade clapped with an innocent smile, "You can do it Silverthorn."

Hazel glanced around and noticed Flint was passed out behind the seats, "You've got to be kidding me."

Ally and Tavi sat two seats apart with grumpy faces on.

Kane suddenly disappeared from sight. Silverthorn looked around for him but didn't see him anywhere. She used her illusion magic to feel around her and suddenly felt a prescient behind her as she instantly summoned a conjured blade to block Kane's as soon as he reappeared behind her. "That almost worked." Silverthorn said with a smirk. Kane grunted and blasted her back with a wind spell before punching the ground causing a shockwave to hit Silverthorn hard. 

Autumn clapped for both of them happily as they each landed good attacks. 

Caesar chuckled, "That last move reminds me of your specialty, Trax." Trax smirked, "I may have given him a few pointers, but my body flicker spell is faster than any normal teleportation spell."

Silverthorn held her hands out as wind swept into the arena, kicking the sand up into a massive cloud. Kane looked around for her but couldn't see her. Suddenly an ethereal arrow flew past his face. Several more came as he attempted to block them with wards and dodge them, but one finally hit him in the shoulder. He grit his teeth as he attempted to use restoration to heal himself. "You're way too good at that." Kane said as Silverthorn came back into view. "But I'm better at other things." He said as he suddenly sped towards her and punched her with a lightning strike sending her across the arena. 

"Using a restoration spell during battle can be risky, but he was quick to recover." Trax observed. Black chuckled, "I never have that problem, seeing that I never let myself get hit." He sneered, "Two years ago, sparring match, Me." Caesar reminded him, Black groaned giving him the finger.

Silverthorn lifted both her hands in the air and brought a large lightning spell down on Kane. Kane wasn't ready for it and was knocked back against the wall. Silverthorn kept throwing spells at him, which he was barely able to counter with his own. The two evenly matched opponents fought on and on until they both blasted a large flame spell at each other. They struggled to overpower each other as the spells collided. Kane grit his teeth, growing frustrated with the battle. He could feel some sort of magical enemy rising within him out of nowhere until suddenly his eyes went white. He yelled loudly as a massive wave of magic came out of his mouth and hit Silverthorn with an unimaginable amount of force. Silverthorn flew back against the wall before falling over our cold. Kane returned to normal and fell to his knees overwhelmed and exhausted.

Soul stood up in disbelief at what Kane just did. "That...that was the Dragon Tongue. That takes years to learn. How was he able to do that?" He said in shock at how a third year suddenly invoked one of the hardest magic types ever.

"That was Dragon tongue," Caesar began, "I didnt know there was another who knew such power?" He asked with surprise. Trax sat back scratching his head, "Well thats not something you see everyday."

Flint woke up sitting, "Wha- did someone say something?" Hazel looked at him, "Kane just spoke in the Dragon Tongue, since when did he know that?"

Black grew nervous and sat down slowly, "I'm gonna keep that in mind next time I spar with him."

Kane got back to his feet as he felt his strength returning. He saw Silverthorn unconscious and rushed to her side, quickly casting a restoration spell on her until she finally came to. "What...was that Kane?" She asked rubbing her head. "I don't know...something just came over me." He said as he helped her up. "Are you ok? I didn't mean to hurt you."

"This can't be. It takes years, decades even to learn to control the Dragon Tongue. I've been studying it most of my life and I still have much to learn. Kane just...did it." Soul said still amazed. 

Autumn sighed in relief that both of them were ok. "So...I guess Kane won?"

"Well he did use it but his control over it was second to none." Trax said before sipping his water. Caesar nodded with agreement, "Amazing that he learned it, with good teaching and training, he shows great potential."

Flint yawned and laid back down, Hazel scoffed turned away from him.

The crowd cheered for Kane and his victory. Kane was relived to hear it but still uneasy about what happened. "Really, Silverthorn. I'm sorry." Silverthorn shook her head and smiled. "No worries, Kane. You won. I'll concede to anybody who has power like that." she said in a friendly tone showing that there were no hard feelings. 

"Perhaps it's possible then for some to be born with the ability. I'll have to research this further." Soul said. "Well, we have two winners so far. Who is next?" 

Once Kane and Silverthorn exited the arena, the two magic name bars started to spin again, but before the nameplates stopped they burnt out. Flint vaulted into the arena, "Nah nah nah, I got tired of waiting so I'm just gonna choose my opponents, myself." He declard. 

"Opponents? As in plural?" Caesar asked quizzically, Trax facepalmed himself, "I honest to God thought he was joking about this."

Flint looked over to the Box and pointed with three fingers, at Rose, Rowan, and Kaveck. "You three, I choose thee as my opponents." 

Black Frost crashed down in shock, Shade grew nervous.

Black and the other Members gossiped among themselves, there was no rule against it and no one ever challenged more than one. Laxus stood in the Princesses box, "Well, there is no rule against it. Though I never expected anyone to actually try it." Tia and Luna chuckled, "Guess the fire in him has cinged his brain a little, I dont see a problem with it and it should make an excellent event to wittness." Tia said happily.

Kaveck, Rose, and Rowan stepped out onto the arena trying, "I heard he was cocky but this is crazy." "He just bit off more than he could chew." "Lets make it quick then shall we." The three said among themselves. 

"This should be good. Got to admire the guy's spirit." Blade said leaning back in his chair. "I don't think this is wise, but if it's what he wants he's allowed to it." Soul said.

"He's certainly ambitious. I just hope he's as powerful." Twilight said, admiring Flint's courage. 

Kane and Silverthorn came back out after taking their gear off and saw what Flint was trying to do. "That's new." 

Flint grinned widly, "Now I got a fire in my Belly! Lets go then shall we?" He said holding up his hands as flames spread across his finger tips spelling out the phrase, "Bring It." Rowan and Kaveck nodded and charged Flint conjuring dual swords and a battle axe, Rose dualed two rose staffs and cast healing spells over Rowan and Kaveck. Flint stepped back dodging around their attacks with great speed.

Trax sighed, "If I would've known he'd been serious about this, I would have tried to talk him out it. He's gotta know he's a little matched against three other 8th year students."

Hazel huffed, "He's over confident."

"Well, maybe he'll surprise us." Soul said watching the fight. "We've already had young Hazel defeat Stryker and Kane suddenly knowing Dragon Tongue. I've come to expect anything now." 

Flint backed up into the wall and ducked just before Kavecks battleaxe slammed above him, Flint rolled between them but Rowan slashed him across the chest in an X sending him crashing across the ground. When Flint slid to a halt he looked up buy late to react as Kaveck zoomed over to him batting him with his battleaxe into the air. Rose cast several magic circles around Flint in mid air, "Seven Circles: Skyscrapper!" A pillar of light beamed from the sky hitting Flint down into the ground. 

Trax nodded, "A good show of teamwork."

Hazel shook her head, "Flints too cocky."

Black Frost sat back, "Dang, it cant be over that fast."

"Guess he'll think twice before challenging above his level." Rowan sneered. As the dust settled, a shape stood up through the dirt clouds. "Rose, burn him away." Kaveck said, Rose pointed both staffs at the dirt cloud, "Fire: Incinerate!" Roses staffs spewed screaming flames which obliterated the dirt cloud and cover Flint fully from sight. Suddenly a sucking sound rang out, the fire spell was draining down. Flint consumed the fire through his mouth, after swallowing his meal he grinned, "Now I got a fire in my belly." Flint flexed his arms sending out a wave of magical energy and fire, Rose and Rowan slid back bracing against the waves, Kaveck fell back rolling away.

Soul and Blade shared a glance as Flint had unleashed greater power. "He may have more of a chance than we thought."

Kane was impressed by Flint's surge of power. "Wow. He may actually pull this off."

"Come on, he's still not a match for us three." Rowan said equipping his conjured armor boosting his speed and agility. Kaveck equipped a heavier set of conjured armor increasing his strength and defense, Rose summoned two witches to assist her as she unleashed a volley of magic strikes. Flint crouched down grinning, suddenly he vanished in a burst of speed, a second later appeared right in front of Rose and with one flaming punch sent her crashing against the arena wall. Rose fell from the wall out cold, Kaveck and Rowan stood in shock. 

Black Star was on the edge of his seat in near astonishment, "One punch? That was all it took?"

Trax narrowed his eyes, "He actually achieved it, and by his own free will no less."

Laxus felt a little smirk, "The Dragon Force, a Dragon Slayers first step. Normally a great amount of strain physically and mentally is required to unlock it but with training and focus, one can unlock it by their own will. He's finally on his way to my level."

Flints body was covered in scale like features and flaming horns appeared on his head, "Whos next?" 

"First Kane uses Dragon Tongue, now Flint has the Dragon Force. This is strange." Soul said, amazed with Flint's power. 

"How did he do that?" Kane said in shock. "He...became a dragon?" 

Kaveck and Rowan grit their teeth and charged Flint, their steps cracking the ground as they moved. Flint braced for their attacks, he lit his hands with fire and punched Kaveck away then whirled around kicking Rowan down into the ground then jumping back sucking in, "Fire Dragon, ROAR!" Flint unleashed a powerful inferno upon Rowan which shattered his conjured armor and weapons and blew him back at the stands. The force field around the arena held up against Flints firey breath, but after a single crack appeared, Celestia raised her hand strengthening the magic wall. Rowan fell as the inferno ceased, he hit the ground puffing out a single breath from shock, he was done. Kaveck slammed the ground with his fist, "NO, impossible, I will not let you win-" He froze as Flint zoomed in front of him, Kaveck swallowed his sudden fear and power up his fist putting every ounce of magic he had into his conjured gauntlet, he swung with a mean right hook but Flint stopped it with his left arm. The shock wave from the hit shattered and split the ground, the dust cleared away all at once. Kaveck stood shakily as he saw Flint still in his dragon force mode, he was untouched and unphased by the hit, Kaveck fell to his knees breathing heavily before he fell over passing out from exhaustion. Flint simply raised his left arm up as the crowed was dead silent, "My Name is Flint Dragneal, I am The Fire Dragon King!" He roared victoriously, the crowed burst into cheers as they just wittnessed one man beat three opponents single handedly.

Trax sighed, "Please dont pick me, I like being lazy right now."

Laxus shook his head, "If he wasnt so strong, I'd say he's over confident. 

Black Frost looked at his own hands, "I can reach that power, I just gotta train harder!"

Blade stared in awe at the power that Flint suddenly possessed. "How did he do that? He just became a dragon and defeated three different opponents." Soul clapped for Flint. "I don't know, but he sure made this whole thing a lot more interesting."

Twilight clapped for Flint's victory, impressed with what he was able to do. "He may have been overcofident but he won, and his power to use Dragon Force would be great research to conduct,"

"Wow...that was something else." Silverthorn said as she watched from the dugout. "I didn't know men could become like dragons." Kane added.

Trax appluaded then realised his worst fear, "Oh no."

Laxus sighed, "Oh no,"

Black Frosts shoulders fell down, "Oh no.

Hazel rubbed her forehead, "Oh no.

Caesar grinned with glee, "Oh yes."

Flint stepped back into the the dugout as the two last contenders went out, "Everybody hold onto your seats." He warned.

Tavi and Ally took their spots on the arena facing eachother with determined fires in their eyes.

Soul and Blade looked at each other, knowing what destruction was about to come. 

"Uh oh..." Kane and Silverthorn said in unison in the dugout. 

"I hope the magic barrier is strong enough." Twilight said to the other princesses, anticipating the destruction. 

Archived