Any Photographers Out There?

Lyipheoryia

I'm an on-and-off amateur button-clicker who has a camera that's too nice for her uses: Nikon D80.  It takes good photos though!  Are there any other photo-button-clickers out there?  Wanna share a photos?  I might after I find them...(I didn't lose them!  I swear...ehe...heh.)

Best tip I have is to always look for new ways to improve. You will never be perfect, and you will always be your own worst critic. That's okay since that will motivate you to continue to make improvements.

Second piece of advice is to learn the manual settings on your camera. Look up tutorials, and begin to experiment. Things such as your white balance settings, exposure, F-stop, and ISO settings can help you create different effects. Play around and see what works for you and your style.

Second piece of advice is to learn the manual settings on your camera.

This, in my opinion, is the best advice for photographers ever. I've taken photoography as my enrinchment club since grade 4, and this was literally the first thing taught to us. I can't thank our club moderator enough for it. Sure, automatic shooting modes are great for quick photos, but it's when you start using your settings manually that you can make great photos.

That's why whenever I see the new members in the photography club, with all their big fancy cameras being wasted on automatic mode...

Yeah, that can get pretty facepalm-inducing. x3

This, in my opinion, is the best advice for photographers ever. I've taken photoography as my enrinchment club since grade 4, and this was literally the first thing taught to us. I can't thank our club moderator enough for it. Sure, automatic shooting modes are great for quick photos, but it's when you start using your settings manually that you can make great photos.

That's why whenever I see the new members in the photography club, with all their big fancy cameras being wasted on automatic mode...

Yeah, that can get pretty facepalm-inducing. x3

You are a man after my own heart for saying this.

Every so often if I know that the light outside is stable and I am going from indoor to outdoor during a wedding, I cheat and switch to auto, but for the most part, I prefer the creative control I get with manual.

By the way guys, you can see highlights my video work here: https://vimeo.com/user14422571 (Be sure to click my user name to see the rest. Vimeo is being a turd to link on the forum.)

And here's some highlights from my photo work: https://www.behance.net/SueWehking

Oh, my...

Looks like I'll be stuck in the animals folder...

Because...

Cats.

Because cats.

How can you resist cats? They are so precious!

I really need to update with some more recent photos. I recently did a Hospice project with some wonderful memorial work. While a sad project to work on, I know it meant the whole wide world to the family to have a memorial video and photos.

I also linked to just one video since Vimeo is acting up. Just click on my user name for more of my video work!

• 4 months later...

I recently got a new camera, after I *cough* did not break mine.

Do you guys prefer using zoom to zone in, or just walking up to the subject of the image?

Archived