Foozogz "Faded" inspired by Skrillex's "With You Friends" and Daft Punks "Touch"?

ShatteredCrown

So recently a friend of mine had an argument with a brony musician named Foozogz on wether or not his song "Faded" was inspired by the above mentioned non-brony songs. Foozogz says that the similarities are coincidental, but my friend disagrees.

What do you guys think? Do you think "Faded" is inspired by the two other songs mentioned, or is it entirely coincidental?

I don't care what it is that Foozogz has made, every one of his songs is better than anything else that it sounds like. Foozogz is the champion of happy hardcore.

Also, whether it is inspired by those songs or not, it's likely gonna sound like something. After all, music has been around longer than our recorded history.

(ERROR: Post #404)

I don't care what it is that Foozogz has made, every one of his songs is better than anything else that it sounds like. Foozogz is the champion of happy hardcore.

Also, whether it is inspired by those songs or not, it's likely gonna sound like something. After all, music has been around longer than our recorded history.

(ERROR: Post #404)

But do you or do you not think he took elements from the mentioned songs and made it into something of his own? He's seem a bit sensitive when it comes to people talking to him about that.

Anyways, as a musician, you set yourself apart through creativity, and to be told that your hard work and dedication adds up to people just saying 'you copied this guy' is more than a little annoying-- it can psychologically can hurt someone. I'm not saying that this is the case with Foozogz, but I can definitely say that it does affect millions of other creative people in this world.

And if Foozogz did use elements from another song, I do believe it is because it would have been the best sound for the feeling he was going for. Definitely not something I'd want a bunch of people to call out and focus on. He made a brilliant song, and when people can only talk about him possibly using something from another song, it is very annoying/discouraging.

Suppose you worked your butt of to make a cake. Then you used the same type of frosting that had been used on another cake. Then you present a slice of your cake to be eaten by someone. Would you rather have that person tell you how well you did making your cake, talking about the balance of ingredients or the texture... Or would you have them straight up say that the icing was the same that you could find elsewhere?

Originality doesn't always come from the sound, but also how the sound is used.

Agreed.  I've heard plenty of songs on the radio with a similar, or the same, beat.  Or the same bridge introduction.  Or something like that.  Many songs re-use segments of another song and blend it with their own creativity.  

Anyways, as a musician, you set yourself apart through creativity, and to be told that your hard work and dedication adds up to people just saying 'you copied this guy' is more than a little annoying-- it can psychologically can hurt someone. I'm not saying that this is the case with Foozogz, but I can definitely say that it does affect millions of other creative people in this world.

And if Foozogz did use elements from another song, I do believe it is because it would have been the best sound for the feeling he was going for. Definitely not something I'd want a bunch of people to call out and focus on. He made a brilliant song, and when people can only talk about him possibly using something from another song, it is very annoying/discouraging.

Suppose you worked your butt of to make a cake. Then you used the same type of frosting that had been used on another cake. Then you present a slice of your cake to be eaten by someone. Would you rather have that person tell you how well you did making your cake, talking about the balance of ingredients or the texture... Or would you have them straight up say that the icing was the same that you could find elsewhere?

You bring up good points, however I just disliked how he had to block my friend and call him a troll after they had the argument. I can understand how it could be seen as annoying if I were to say to someone that they had a song that sounded similar to someone else's, but I don't think blocking is a good response, which had me be suspicious, to which I opened a thread here to see if anybody would agree or disagree about "Faded" being influenced by other songs.

Aye, maybe not the best response to block, but who can say that they know Foozogz's exact situation or thoughts.

Personally I think that this is more of a personal topic relating to a specific situation that people here have nothing to do with, so I don't really see why you'd post the topic here, but whatevs. It gave me an excuse to talk more about music~ xP

Agreed.  I've heard plenty of songs on the radio with a similar, or the same, beat.  Or the same bridge introduction.  Or something like that.  Many songs re-use segments of another song and blend it with their own creativity.

This. Yes, Lyi. Re-use is fine and dandy c:

I even manage to enjoy all the songs that blatantly are nothing more than Zomboy samples xD

Aye, maybe not the best response to block, but who can say that they know Foozogz's exact situation or thoughts.

Personally I think that this is more of a personal topic relating to a specific situation that people here have nothing to do with, so I don't really see why you'd post the topic here, but whatevs. It gave me an excuse to talk more about music~ xP

This. Yes, Lyi. Re-use is fine and dandy c:

I even manage to enjoy all the songs that blatantly are nothing more than Zomboy samples xD

Well yeah the topic was influenced by a personal experience, however I'm just asking if any of you think his song copied a few elements from the other ones.

Archived