Hello, everypony - another new member here.

PhoenixHeart

Hey there, everyone. Decided to take the plunge and enter this place after a few days of lurking around, hoping to get a little better at pony role-playing, seeing as I'm not quite at the stage I'd like to be just yet. Plus, meeting new friends and meeting old ones again is always a plus, so I'm glad to be here!

Heh, about myself... what's to say. I love video games - particularly the older generation of role-playing games (Final Fantasy 6 remains at the top of my list, along with Valkyrie Profile - two games that may never budge from the top of my personal preferences.) yet I'm not opposed to more popular games - I'm a League of Legends player myself, though I'm not very good at it.

I've got well over a decade's worth of experience in role-playing, but times in that regard have slowed down, be it by slow periods or just a bit of a burn-out so to speak. As I've mentioned earlier, I'm hoping that this place gets me back in the groove of posting. I'll admit, though, Skype role-playing, which is something I've seen is a thing around here, does look quite interesting.

How I found Canterlot.com is quite simple, actually. I am a member of another pony role-playing community, and coming off of earlier mentioned burn-out period, I logged in to see what's going on - only to find the people I role-played with not logged in for weeks, some for months - and a particular friend had a link to this place in their signature. Interested, I decided to follow the link, and well, here I am a few days later.

How I became a fan of ponies. Even if it's been over two years, I recall it as if it were yesterday.

A friend of mine which I loved to commission for art suddenly began, seemingly out of nowhere, to draw pony art - and at the time, I figured "This is downright strange, this isn't for me, maybe I'll have to find more artists, but this is quite a shame." This lasted for several months - until, that is, a series of events got me pretty down on my luck - and talking to that same friend, I figured "Oh, what the heck, let's have a look at this pony thing - maybe it's worth it." So I watched the two-part series opener... and yeah. Like a lot of us here, undoubtedly, that did it. Interest was there, so I continued on - and before I knew it, Original Characters, commissioned pony art, pony role-playing, Ponyfinder, yeah, I like ponies. It's been quite a ride so far.

My favorite pony? It really depends the way you look at it. If we're talking Mane 6 - one pony's stayed at the top of that list since day one - that's Rainbow Dash. I'll admit that I'm far too competitive for my own good, sometimes, and while I love to win a match - I dislike losing probably just as much as that darn cyan Pegasus. But on the flip-side... I try to be there for friends who need me. It's difficult for me to leave a friend in need alone. Twilight, meanwhile, has held second quite securely for some time, as well.

If we're looking outside the Mane 6 and overall, however - Princess Luna stands at the top of the list - since I'm a bloody night owl myself, for one, and I've always been interested to know more about the Princess of the Night. It's true that the show has made efforts to tell us more about her as well, and that's only made Luna better in my eyes. Very much looking forward to seeing what the future holds for her. And yes, I have to admit, Celestia is a close second.

And finally, one more thing I'll have to admit - despite having quite a few pony characters myself - I can't help but say that I'm a little worried as to which one of my ponies is going to be the first to step into the role-playing realms of this site. Perhaps if I could speak to a more experienced member of the boards, I could get a better idea. I just don't want to make a poor first impression, you know?

With that - that's pretty much all I've got for now. Looking forward to meeting you all! It's nice to be here.

I can already tell by your first post here that you have got some great experience writing and roleplaying xD teach me your ways, senpai ;u;

I couldn't agree with you more about those first two episodes of season one. Downright evil in its captivation; turning even the most stubbornhearted into pony nerds :P but I can only say that being a pony nerd is much better than the alternatives :D

However, Luna being best overall? You're wrong! Of the princesses, Tia reigns supreme! (\o3o/) (coming from the nocturnal dude who thinks Areion are the master race >.>)

Regardless, I do hope you enjoy your time spent here in Canterlot to the absolute fullest! ^.^

Hello, Thy, and Aurora, and thank you for the warm welcomes.

Aurora, I'm hoping to get over that nervous part soon. ^^ We'll just have to see how things go.

And Thy (can I call you that?) - thank you so much for the kind words. And aye - I was quite stubborn, but as mentioned - I'm a pony fan now, so what more needs to be said in that regard. :)

Celestia being best princess? Ahh... Luna and Celestia are a close 1-2 in my preferences, so you won't see me arguing much with anypony there, either. :razz:

And Bogle - thank you for the welcome. Role-playing will of course have to wait until I get a character approved here - which, for starters, needs me to figure out which pony gets in first...

And aye, as I've said - I'm very much looking forward to what will happen here. Glad to be here.

Hello, Thy, and Aurora, and thank you for the warm welcomes.

You're more than welcome~ ouo

And Thy (can I call you that?) - thank you so much for the kind words. And aye - I was quite stubborn, but as mentioned - I'm a pony fan now, so what more needs to be said in that regard. :)

You can call me just about anything, and Thy is fine-- it was one of my first online nicknames after all~ x3

And don't mention it, kindness is just one of those elements of harmony. Harmony is good :P

Celestia being best princess? Ahh... Luna and Celestia are a close 1-2 in my preferences, so you won't see me arguing much with anypony there, either. :razz:

Well, to be honest, Tia only more recently took the princess spotlight. Twilight Sparkle used to hold it, but I guess that changed just cuz we're out-of-season and are surviving off fan ideas and content xD

I'll probably switch back to Twi when S6 swings by in all of its glory~

And aye, as I've said - I'm very much looking forward to what will happen here. Glad to be here.

Good. owo

Edit:

And Bogle - thank you for the welcome. Role-playing will of course have to wait until I get a character approved here - which, for starters, needs me to figure out which pony gets in first...

Oh, just so you know, you do not need an approved application to roleplay in Free For All (FFA). It's really lax there if that's your style :)

Welcome to Canterlot! Yeah, I pretty much got into ponies by chance the same way, finally sitting down and watching it. Glad to see you here! If you have any questions about roleplaying here, let me or one of the other staff know!

Hello and Welcome to this forum. Please do enjoy your stay here. Keep up with the show too if you can. Have fun with all the RP's.

:)

Welcome to our lovely community! I'm pretty excited to see that this newest member is a fellow Night Owl. Sleeping during such a beautiful hour is a complete waste, is it not? ^_^

Also, I know what you mean about getting started roleplaying as a pony. I myself was quite nervous when I first started out, however, it does indeed get quite enjoyable once you're used to it!

That said; if you have any questions, would like to roleplay, or just feel like chatting, feel free to send me a private message! I don't bite... much. :)

~ Your friendly neighborhood Angel. :D

Archived