When Moons Collide (Skype Transcript: Bellosh101 & QuickLime)

Bellosh

???: It was one sunny day in Canterlot, and a moon-flanked unicorn bearing an unmarked box knocked on the door to a cozy one-story house. The smiling mare elected not to shout anything.

Moondancer (Canon): Moondancer yawned, levitating her glasses up to rub her eyes, having been taking a light nap, getting up, her mane down for today as she moved to open the door; "H'llo?"

???: The visitor looks into Moondancer's face; "GUESS WHO???"

Moondancer"AAHH!"

???"Woah!" Moondancer's reaction gave the visitor a jump!

Moondancer"Ahh don't scare me like that!"

???"Sorry, sorry," the mare bashfully apologized; "But it's been SOOO long since we last got together!"

Moondancer"...Moony..." She fixed her glasses, looking at her cousin and chuckled; "It has been a while..ah..want to come in?"

Moondancer (OC): The visitor chuckles as well; "Sure thing...... Moony..." Grinning, she walks inside, levitating a box behind her.

Moondancer: Moondancer and her cousin shared a name, due to this they did seem to be close, closing the door with her magic, Moondancer got to work making some coffee for them; "How have things been?"

Moony: "Oh, they've been great! Eh heh heh, don't know that I can say the same for your mail though...." Moony sits on the nearest spare chair around, patting her box as she mentions her cousin's mail.

Moondancer"....What did you do to my package...?"

Moony: Moony's ears flop down as she talks herself out of an awkward situation of her making; "Oh uh, nothing, it's just that you know..... they mixed up our addresses..... again."

Moondancer"....Oh dear," She groaned; "We need to start making it easier for them to tell us apart...." It was a bit of a problem.

Moony: Moony hovers the box filled with quills over to her cousin; "By the way ummm, you haven't received any issues of Sailor Mare in your mailbox lately, have you?"

Moondancer"..." She went over and levitated an envelope out of her closet; "Dunno, didn't open it," she said and traded the package with hers.

Moony: Moony grabs the thick envelope, hesitating to open until she sees the symbol of Sailor Mare's publisher. "Oh cool!" she beams; "Thanks for not throwing this away, Moony!"

Moondancer"Why would I throw it away Moony? I recognized your address." She chuckled, opening her own box, full of beautiful quills; "These will be perfect!!"

Moony"Got anything special planned for those quills?"

Moondancer"Mhm I've got some spells I want to copy down, on beautiful paper for some Hearths Warming presents!!"

Moony"Hearths Warming presents, huh....." For Moony, this didn't seem anything like the cousin she knew. Come to think of it, the cousin's grumpiness level was WAY down compared to usual. "You know Moony, something seems a little... different about you today."

Moondancer"Mhm? Well I um," she pushed her glasses up; "I've started to be  more social, some old friends and I have reconnected, They don't share my love of magic but we have fun.."

Moony: Moony's eyebrow shot upwards out of curiosity; "Oh, you mean Minuette and her gang?" Moony knew that clique well from Magic School.

Moondancer"Mhm! And Twilight Sparkle too if you remember HER from our filly days"

Moony"Twilight? HER TOO? That's awesome Moony! The two of you were practically joined hip-to-hip back in the old days, tehe!"

Moondancer:  She flushed furiously at that and giggled; "Mhm! We've been pen pals since she lives in Ponyville now, but it's so great to connect with another magic lover you know?"

Moony: Moony grins mischievously from an old memory of hers; "You know, it was darn near impossible to tell the two of you apart. I, tehehehe, STILL remember that 'experiment' I conducted which proved that fact once and for all....."

Moondancer".......Moony you promised to never bring that up agaiiiin!" she whined, now all pink in the face.

Moony: Moony pouts; "Ah, come on Moony! It was funny and you know it!"

Moondancer"..Pft Okay it was a little funny, but we can tell us apart now..."

Moony"Yeah, but you couldn't back THEN. That's how it was so easy to recolor the two of you while you were aslee-" Moony had to stop talking to hold back laughter.

Moondancer: She huffed at that and poked her in the nose; "My coat was PURPLE for WEEKS!"

Moony: The white mare's laughter subsided; "Well, I helped get it all off of you in the end, remember? I mean sure, Princess Celestia gave me permanent after-school detention until I figured out how to get your coat looking like new again....."

Moondancer:  She smirked; "You deserved that, and you had to help me fix my mane too!"

Moony: Moony sighed; "Yeah, I totally deserved it. That's what happens when you miscalculate the permanency of certain enchanted dyes...."

Moondancer"And what happens when you decide to do unethical experiments!"

Moony"Well, if there's any consolation...." Moony started grinning again: "Celestia thought it was one of the funniest pranks she ever saw. Even she thought for a moment there that the two of you had somehow swapped bodies during the night."

Moondancer"That is not a consolation, that's horrifying!" She stuck her tongue out at her, levitating the coffee over.

Moony"What?" Moony nonchalantly took a sip of coffee from her hovering cup; "That our Princess was deceived?"

Moondancer"That she thought it was funny!"

Moony"Heh, you'd be surprised by the sort of things she finds funny....."

Moondancer"She certainly is an interesting Princess."

Moony: The white unicorn nods in agreement. "Well, that's the Boss for ya."

Moondancer: She sipped at her coffee and sighed; "Ahh you're so lucky to have a job under her, she must teach you amazing things.."

Moony"Well, she mainly teaches me these days about the art of finding amusement in unexpected places. Most of my actual learning is just the average graduate-school grind..."

Moondancer"Sounds important," she chuckled; "Graduate school grind? I remember it well." Very fun.

Moony"It'll all be over soon," Moony grins; "Once I get my Masters in Aetherology this semester, I'll be ready to take on the world!"

Moondancer"Must be my ears, I coulda sworn you just said take over the world!"

Moony"Tehehehehe!!! I wish......"

Moondancer"Might wanna work on the evil laugh," she smirked softly.

Moony: The mare clears her throat; "Ahem....... MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Moondancer"You never warm up by clearing your throat," she chided; "Throw your head back, and do it from the diaphragm."

Moony: Moony does a fake pout; "Oh FIIIIIIIINE........" She takes her cousin's advice, throwing her head back as she cackled toward the heavens. "Muahahahaha-AH-ahahahahaha...... BWA-GAH-AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!" Moony's evil laughter was so loud it could be heard from a block away.

Moondancer"Excellent, now tent your hooves and make your eyes squintly." She sipped her coffee, enjoying this way, WAY too much.

Moony"Nah, that doesn't seem evil enough." Moony takes another coffee sip; "You wanna puff yourself upwards, not bend downwards. It's like, you gotta own the place when you cackle like a madmare."

Moondancer"Hnn you need a monocle and a mustache..." she said taking a sip; "And a long dramatic black cape with red lining!"

Moony"Heh, NOW you're talking!"

Moondancer"...I think I know a mare that could get us those...."

Moony: That catches Moony off-guard; "You do? Well uhh, I didn't think you were the type to know," the young mare looks up and down at her cousin's worn-out clothing; "...Those sorts of ponies."

Moondancer"Oh yeah! She's a really nice seamstress, her eyesights not too good  nowadays but..." she noticed her eyes; "Now now, I love this sweater even if it's wearing out, it's the softest most comfy thing I own."

Moony"I'm surprised you don't get sweaty wearing that thing all the time."

Moondancer"I don't really sweat, and it breaths well," she shrugged; "The others have talked me into going clothing shopping later though...."

Moony"Oh, hope you have fun later. Maybe you'll find a sweater just like your current one, but... you know, newer." Moony sticks out her tongue.

Moondancer: She stuck her tongue out at her; "Nyah, do you want to come along?"

Moony: A frown appears on Moony's face; "Aww, I wish I could, but they're expecting me down at Spellbound in a couple hours."

Moondancer"Spellbound.....?"

Moony"Oh, it's a magic guild thingy we've got going here in Canterlot."

Moondancer".....How does ah..one go about... um..."

Moony: Moony has a large grin on her face; "Joining Spellbound!?"

Moondancer"...Maybe...?"

Moony: The young mare doesn't think twice in considering her cousin Spellbound material, as they both graduated from the same Magic School; "How about I drop by tomorrow with the sign-up papers? Or maybe I can take you to the HQ first?"

Moondancer"...I'd like that...." She was all shy now though.

Moony: The cousin's insecure body language does not go unnoticed; "Aw, don't worry Moony, it's not like we're an ultra serious guild. There are plenty of fun ponies for ya' to meet!"

Moondancer"I know but um..." she fidgeted; "What if I'm not very good and um..."

Moony"It's no biggie." Moony get up to wrap a leg around her cousin; "A few of our members aren't even unicorns! All you gotta' do to get in Spellbound is have an interest in understanding the arcane arts. Simple as that!"

Moondancer:  She thought on it, it sounded like a really advanced study group!! And she really did love to study. "Well...Okay I'll check it out..!"

Moony"Sweeeet!" Moony wraps her other foreleg to complete the hug; "I can't wait to introduce you to my pals, cousin!"

TO BE CONTINUED.........

Archived