Amu-let(me back into my own body)! (See OOC for details)

Lyipheoryia

~Lyipheoryia Stertlings~

Lyipheoryia was on holiday, the beloved Winter-Hearth's Warming-Break.  She had waited for it since summer.  Seriously.  She was sitting there staring at the clock,...waiting for the taxi to finally arrive at the resort in Roam.  She closed her eyes and gave a smile.  She was ready for a vacation, after four desperate months of school.  The young teenager had requested a nice little vacation to the infamous resort in Roam, and her parents had agreed to pay for the trip.  They were working throughout the holiday, so it was a one-pony trip for her.  She grinned when remembering pictures of her parents' honeymoon there, and took out tips for the chauffeur.  

--- 

The hotel carpet was oh-so-fluffy, and she ran her hoof over it a few times to enjoy its fluffiness ((OOC: that is actually something I do IRL, so don't question my weirdness)).  She approached the hotel front desk and asked for her key.  A few moments later, she was heading to the magical lift for her top-floor room.  Lyi was an interesting pony.  Her style was very...colourful.  She was by no means a billionaire rich spoiled filly, but she was not at the poor end of things, either.  She had class, she had a little bit of money, and she had a week at this fabulous resort.  Her mane hung loose, and her tail swished happily as she went about.  She had no expensive dress on, but rather some nice shades and horseshoes for running.  Her luggage was little-one large black luggage decorated with rainbow tags for recognition.  Oh-and she had amulets.  One protective amulet around her neck like a necklace.  Two encircled around her left hoof, and another one around her right like three bracelets.  Protection and security, peace, luck, hope.  She smiled, politely thanked the lift-usher-pony, and departed into her room.

---

She went back down to the front desk, hoping to get the local tour dates.  She fiddled with her necklace-amulet, waiting patiently in line.  She took it off, noticing a small scratch in the gold chain.  As she approached the clerk, she sideways placed her necklace onto the desk.  The next few seconds were a blur: greeting the clerk, feeling something slip past her hoof, seeing her amulet fall from the side of her vision, turning her head, eyes widening, and...

"Holy CelestiatheSunGoddess!  *#@(!!  #@#9!!"

The crack in the amulet was obvious, and the red light emitting from it was clearly no good news.  The light spread along the amulet, million hairline cracks forming.  Then, the light burst-a flash of red filling her vision, and the next world she entered was all black.

Xaryl frowned slightly as her latest customer left the shop. she probably should take a break.... she glanced at the brochure they had left on the counter, and shrugged. what's the worst that could happen?

---

she looked at her room. "a bit bright for my tastes, but suitable." she murmured as she looked through the few dresses she had brought, wondering if she should put one on. "hm..... no, I think I can do without."

---

she trotted towards the desk as she heard the pony in front of it curse and a bright red flash filled her vision, then everything went dark

Wheels spun and hooves clattered against cobblestone road as Feng Lao sped through the streets of Roam, his trusty cart behind him. His head swiveled left and right, taking in the sights. He was here, a new city, new things to look at, a customer!

Feng Lao sped towards some ponies waiting with luggage on a corner, slowing to a trot with a smile on his face.

“Greetings and welcome to Mane… Muh… uh, is this main street?” Feng Lao asked sheepishly. They were tourists all right, but for a moment he’d forgotten that this was his vacation, that he wasn’t on duty, and the only thing his cart would be carrying would be his own luggage.

Shrugging off the strange looks he’d gotten, he grabbed a map from his cart. Where was the hotel…

The hotel loomed behind him as he studied the map, then turned.

“Aha!”

He trotted, with cart, up to the hotel.

After making a scene with a valet, having to shine and clean his cart three times before finally letting some other pony go to park it, he entered the hotel lobby.

He looked around at ponies coming and going, wondering what kind of wonderful time they were having. Would they find the coolest places, the best restaurants, or would they flounder, squandering their vacation? He had to help, he had to!...

Relax. Breath. And get in line.  Feng Lao let out a long, cleansing breath, leaving the pony’s mane in front of him sparkling and spotless. This wasn’t time for him to worry about other’s vacation. It was time for him to enjoy one himself! From this moment on, he was done being a workaholic Quilin! By the end of the day, he’d be relaxed with a new perspective-

And that’s when everything went black.

Ah, what a lovely day, once again. While a place like Roam was not what Red Cedar would normally have considered a vacation, the warm temperatures, beautiful sights and general atmosphere were quickly winning him over. Besides, there were still places to hike.

Today, however, he was returning from the hotel's pool, a large fluffy towel draped across his back and flank after the seaside swim. As he crossed the lobby, however, something near the front desk made him turn first his ear, then his head, too see what was happening, but all he saw was a blindingly bright red flash...

• 2 weeks later...

DreamySunday magically dragged her bag out of the cab hooking it into every nook and cranny the cab had to offer as if to make her life just that much harder " Oh come on, Stupid bag, get out of there!  " with one final magical tug, Dreamy pulled the bag out of the cab sending it directly onto herself. Dreamy slowly picked herself up with a groan and said " I, will enjoy this vacation even if it kills me! " Magically grabbing her bag, Dreamy walked into the hotel excited and confident. "This week is gonna excellent. I can just feel it." Dreamy made her way toward the front desk when, as if on queue, the world decided to prove her wrong. A bright red light began filling her vision blinding her for what felt like an eternity.

Golden had just arrived to the hotel. She had planned to have a few days off from work and just relax herself, and what better place than an hotel! She had paid up for one of the most expensive and luxurious rooms the hotel had. Why? Because she could afford it. Her old days as a super model and her jewelry business gave her a lot of money and she could use it as she wanted. It was hers after all!

As her hooves felt the so fluffy carpet in the lobby, she noticed a mare walking to the reception to get some pamphlets and maps, but Golden paid no attention as she went to get the key to her room. Just after she got it, she heard a mare saying something, then turned around to see and saw a bright red flash coming from the mare she saw not so long ago. What was going on?! What was the red flash?!

• 2 weeks later...

Her vision was blurry as she patted the area around herself.  Her hooves felt strange, and she felt a whole lot taller than she remembered being.  It felt odd, and as she reached out to brush her long mane away from her eyes, she withheld in a scream.  Her mane.  Her coat.  Her body!  She turned towards where she had last been, and saw the most frightful thing in the entire world.  She saw herself.  Crumpled on the floor like she had now found herself.  She decided to walk towards herself, but she fell flat on her rump.  She was in another pony's body.  ANOTHER PONY'S BODY!

Red slowly blinked his eyes open several times. The bright red flash seemed to have temporarily dazzled him and left him wondering what had happened. It even took him a few moments to get his bearings while in the lobby again. He could have sworn he had just come in from the pool door but now he was standing in a line at the front desk, behind a pony with a gorgeous mane. Closing his eyes again, trying to shake off the weird effects of whatever had caused the bright flash, he took a few deep breaths to try and clear his head.

As her vision slowly began to return to her eyes, Dreamy groaned. But as she groaned, she noticed that something sounded odd. " What the? " Dreamy raised an eye brow at the strange noises that escaped her mouth " What's up with my voice? " As she spoke, Dreamy brought her hoof to her mouth. But before it could reach its intended destination, Dreamy noticed that her hoof was not only smaller than usual but seemed to be the completely wrong colour! " BWAH! Wh-what is this sorcery!? " Dreamy began vigorously investigating her own body. " I'm a deer. I'm a tiny black deer! What is going on!? "

As vision returned, Feng Lao took a moment to steady himself, blinking. He wasn't here before that flash and darkness. The doctor was right- he did have too much anxiety. He was even sweating.

In fact, he felt really moist, like he was just soaking. And there was something on his back. Turning, he found a white towel. And a red flank. What. The.

No scales. Green mane.

Feng gasped, blowing all the breath out of his lungs.

An outside observer might think the earth pony was hyperventilating, but really, Feng was just trying to access magic he no longer had.
In his panic, he almost missed seeing the only other Quillin there... that looked just like him.

He whinnied loudly in shock!

• 2 weeks later...

Xaryl slowly stood up, frowning. she looked down and blinked at her pale yellow coat. "well this is interesting" she murmured. then she noticed someone in her body and her eyes narrowed. "hm..."

Golden soon blinked as she... stood up? She remembered being standing, not in the floor, and she felt odd. What was going on? She felt smaller, dirtier... not that beautiful any more. What was going on?
She looked around and saw... herself. Wait, what? Was there a mirror she forgot about? "Uhm... what is go-" She said, then stopped. Even her voice felt different, then she let out a small scream of terror and drama. What has just happened?!

She took a deep breath, remembering the past few seconds and the broken amulet.  She tried to take a step, slowly and carefully-balancing was really hard.  She slowly walked over to the pony that was her body, pretending not to notice the several other dazed guests of the hotel, 

"Okay-it's okay.  You've got this, Lyi.  That was an amulet of...protection and security, right?  Okay.  Protection and security...so...it probably switched our bodies, believing that I was in danger or something.  Well, as long as we solve this before the end of the week-I'm good.  We're good.  It's all greeeeaat," She thought.

She turned towards her body, "Nope!  It's not great at all!"

She stared at herself, before giving a hoof to...whomever was in her body, "Er...are you alright?"

Suddenly, there was now a great amount of commotion in the hotel lobby. One pony near the pool door whinnied in surprise, another mare screamed, and there were several very concerned looks on the faces of staff and guests alike throughout the room.

Red tried to make out what was going on with those who seemed to be in the most obvious distress. Glancing back towards the pool at the stallion who had let out the startled whinny, he tried to make out if he was okay. He didn't seem to be injured, though it might have been hard to tell from that reddish copper coat. Quite the coincidence, Red thought, as that pony also had a cutie mark that looked just like...

Red was looking at himself. And there was no mirror to be found.

Out of morbid dread, Red looked down at his forelimbs. They weren't hooves any longer, they were... split? Into flexible digits? And he had no coat any more, just scales, cold alien scales.

Who was he? What was he?

Red could feel a near panic set in. He started to hyperventilate. Shocking as the whole situation was, he knew he had to calm down or he could be in a lot worse shape. Trying to get his breathing under control, he took in a deep breath, and then let it out.

Except, that wasn't all he let out. He hadn't meant to... well, he thought he had thrown up, certainly the shock would have been enough, but this didn't feel like that. It was more like exhaling, but breathing out a liquid...

Whatever had happened, what he had breathed out was spreading across the tiled floor of the lobby, and it was very, very slippery...

Dreamy let out a few panicked breaths " Alright, Calm down. Nothing goods gonna come out of me losing my mind. " Taking a few more deep breaths, Dreamy raised her head and began looking around. Looking around for a moment, Dreamy noticed that a lot of other ponies seemed confused, startled and panicked about something. Was this sorcery happening to others? But suddenly, something caught her eyes, Dreamy was being stared down. Stared down by her own eyes! Ugh, is this what people feel like when I give them a look? Realizing that this was no time for such antics, Dreamy began her unsteady walk on her new legs towards her old body " Hey me! Er you? Dreamy? Ugh! The pony with the Yellow coat! " Before she could get to close though, Dreamy stuck her deer hooves directly in some kind of slippery slime and took a one way trip right for the floor.

Xaryl watched as Dreamy walked towards her, then blinked and ran over to catch her as she fell. "hi. I'm Xaryl. please try not to break my body" she said, then sighed and looked around. "how are we going to fix this?"

Archived