Introduction

Sky

Damn, I suck at titles.

So, I've been a member of the site for a long time, but it's been... About a year or so since I was active? I don't remember, I needed time. But since it's been so long, I felt like doing another introduction to get back into the swing of things, say hello to the new people here, and get my name out there. Et cetera. I hope this is cool, I just want a new start to the site without making a new account.

About Myself.

I go by a few names; Sky, Hazel, Sona, Lemon. I'm a writer at heart, and currently have a cast of several hundred characters for a novel I'm writing; Characters who have pony counterparts, because I decided why not.
  • How I found Canterlot.com.
I think I originally found it through a google search for 'pony RP', because facebook is a wretched hive of scum and villainy where horrible people lurk. I found the place, got settled in, then some personal things happened, and I needed time away.
I got an email that told me about an 'Upcoming Board Upgrade' that reminded me of the site, and I decided to revisit.

How I became a fan of Pony.

This one is kinda basic. I was just wandering the internet about three or four years ago, saw  bunch of pony memes cropping up, and watched the first season out of curiosity. It's actually been a long time since I watched the show itself; Last I saw was the third season finale. Mostly I've been indulging in music, fanfiction, and art, as I don't have the drive to watch the show. Maybe I'll watch it again soon, but for the time being, I just... I'm just not up to it.

Favourite pony.

This one is simple enough. I have two, Octavia and Vinyl Scratch. I've always loved music, and these two are just awesome to me.

And now the fun part.

Hey, this should be fun. Mostly I just want to meet people and chat, and do some fun roleplay; As I said, it's been a while since I saw the show itself, so I'm not really up to date on lore and stuff, so I probably won't be doing roleplay in any of the big forums. But hey, time for some questions for you guys.

Any other people here with a ridiculous surplus of characters?
Best bad roleplay story?
Best GOOD roleplay story?

Just some silly questions to hear some stories. Feel free to answer, or not, up to you.

Welcome!  The most OC-holic we have on Canterlot would probably be Quicklime~QUIIICKLIIME, there's a fellow OC-holic here!!!

A lot of good rp's happen in WoE, and bad ones don't happen all too often.  

I hope you have a lovely time here :) !

Hmm...

Not really, imo, since everyone here is focused mainly on a favorite OC of theirs, and the people who have many characters use them all! I myself only have two, which is a good amount, if you ask me! x3

Anyways, welcome back to the forums, and enjoy your stay (Again!), Sky. :D

Why thank you, both of you.

I certainly look forward to meeting this Quicklime person, we could have a long chat, I imagine.  :-|

I'll definitely look into the WoE board once I'm settled in, that's for sure!~

And Arcus, I think two characters is just perfect to have! I once only had two; Sky Blue and Pyre. Then I decided I'd make them some more friends. And then parents. And more friends. And some antagonists for fun. Then... Suddenly, 500 characters!

Welcome back~! I do believe you may like Zeig as well, as he has quite a number of OCs as well. Worst roleplay? Never seen one. Best roleplay? I've never seen any of those either, considering just how amazing most of them are really... really good.

If you ever feel like making a new friend, then my inbox is always open~.

~ Your friendly neighborhood Angel. :D

I felt like doing another introduction to get back into the swing of things, say hello to the new people here, and get my name out there.

Well since I don't believe we have met, hullo! I'm Toothie, the forum mint-head. I'm glad to see that you've swung back here after being elsewhere for so long~ ^.^

because facebook is a wretched hive of scum and villainy where horrible people lurk.

Yes. Yes it is xD

Mostly I've been indulging in music, fanfiction, and art, as I don't have the drive to watch the show. Maybe I'll watch it again soon, but for the time being, I just... I'm just not up to it.

The fandom's creative content is definitely one of the best parts of this fandom-- especially that music. And don't worry about not having that drive to watch the show; take it all at your own pace if at all, but it really is quite good still. And the fact that I can say it is as such is awesome, cuz quality television almost doesn't exist. But yeah, don't worry. The show is good; not mandatory xP

Favourite pony.

This one is simple enough. I have two, Octavia and Vinyl Scratch. I've always loved music, and these two are just awesome to me.

You're wrong. Not about the music part, but about the way you go about referring to Minuette as 'Octave' and 'Scratched Vinyl'. You couldn't possibly have chosen any other pony as your favorite, right?

...right?

And now the fun part.

Good. owo

Best bad roleplay story?

Best GOOD roleplay story?

Just some silly questions to hear some stories. Feel free to answer, or not, up to you.

1) Yes. I know there are. I myself have a fairly good amount of OCs, but I only have about twenty or so that I would really roleplay with. Not quite too sure though, I'm due for a recount.

2) Started with a pony arriving in Canterlot to see the princesses and meeting my OC, Toothie. I proceeded to be silly, and we had a fun time. Turned out that their OC was possessed by a nightmare creature of sorts, and went berserk. A few of the other characters that we had met in our happy roleplay conveniently had the powers of lightining, combat, and exposition to try to subdue her. The battle raged on until the lightning dude decided to sacrifice himself to save Canterlot by going 'super' or something. A huge laser fight happened and the others both got hurt.

Now this wasn't really a gradual change, it was more like a bright sunny day with butterflies, and then a nuclear bomb went off. Things went from happy to hectic super fast, and I was left alarmed by all the destruction and battle. The fact that it was an IRC roleplay with no turn structure made it so people kept shooting out messages that made no sense with regards to the last one, so I was left in the position where I was some mint-smelling pony who had to save two dying ponies while two super-beings were relentlessly whaling at eachother with lasers and monologues.

I don't really remember what happened from there, but it ended up that I was apparently some sort of potion-brewing wizard who could save all of Canterlot, and that I was trapped in a silly and oblivious state by a sorcerer of ancient times that sought to conceal my power.

Did I mention they were godmodders? Cuz they were.

So eventually they set off to find their long-lost siblings, and I was left all alone in Canterlot's ruin. What a way to thank me. I guess they did give hugs though.

The RP continued on, but I was kinda glad to let it roll without me. At least I got potion brewing skillz out of it. xP

3) I've been in a lot of really fun RPs, but nothing that has really stood out above the rest. So I guess I'll just go with that one RP I did with that one person. It was really chill in having many simple themes and simple problems-- though always having one looming fact over the two character's heads that would inevitably maintain a schism between them. Two ponies who wanted to be best friends; but held themselves back. It need in a really bittersweet way, and I would absolutely love to have another RP of the sort.

4) Oh wait... There is no 4...

Oh wait... I've been rambling. Whoops. Best get back to business >.>

It's really great having someone like you wander back to the forum-- I can't wait to get to know you~ And as always, I say to you that I hope you really enjoy your return to Canterlot.com to the absolute fullest! ^.^

Oh yeah I can quote comments, that'll make it easier

WELCOME BACK! And please enjoy your continued stay at Canterlot!

I certainly will!~

Well, hello!  Missed greeting you the first time you came, but glad to get the chance to do so now.

Well, now you have greeted me, hey!~

Welcome back~! I do believe you may like Zeig as well, as he has quite a number of OCs as well. Worst roleplay? Never seen one. Best roleplay? I've never seen any of those either, considering just how amazing most of them are really... really good.

If you ever feel like making a new friend, then my inbox is always open~.

~ Your friendly neighborhood Angel. :D

A pleasure, mister/miss Angel.

Hiiiiii!

ik1mTSA.png

Whoa long post

Ahh, I know how you feel with the bad roleplay story >3<
I think two of my worst experiences (On Facebook, so, to be expected) were... One guy, who's starter, when requested, was, '*sitting at home playing with a deck of cards*', and another, who messaged me randomly, named 'Death Stallion.'

Er. It went about as well as you'd expect.

ANYWAY! Hello to all of you, it's a pleasure to see my intro post so well received! ^3^

Not gonna lie, I didn't expect such a positive response. I thought I'd get yelled at or something for posting a second introduction.

i338sKf.png

Thank you everyone for such a positive response, and once I'm settled in, we'll have to roleplay~

Hello and Welcome to this forum. Please enjoy your time here. Keep up with the show as well if you can. Have fun RPing with everyone.

:smirk:

Archived