Lack of notifications?

DerpRavener

A number of topics I'm currently following have updated, and I've only been partially informed.  I can find the list and check updates through the relevant activity stream (which I think is a very nice feature), but very few things actually seem to result in the little red number appearing.  I've tried messing around with my profile settings and switching as many in-site notification options to 'on', and I might need to wait until more threads post to confirm, but thus far I'm still not getting notifications for threads updating.

Any ideas why this is?  Is it a known issue, or possibly something on my end?  I'm hesitant to post this in the bug thread, because I'm not sure if it's actually an issue with the site or something on my end (technology wise or a setting I missed).

I had that problem before the update, but no one addressed it...I hope that the problem has disappeared, but I'll keep an eye out for any solutions from this thread, anyways :).  Many of the topics that I had followed gave no notification for new posts, even when I double-checked that I had indeed followed it and my notifications were on~

Unlike the other two members, I am still lacking notifications in certain threads (The Changing of the Guards, as an example).  My notification settings are set so that I should have gotten a notification, but...yeah. :/ 

Archived