Expedition beneath the sea! (OOC and planning)

A certain inventor has been working on a submersible vehicle to allow her to travel deep beneath the seas in search of ancient relics that may be used for various applications with her inventions... While that may be her end goal she isn't selfish enough to leave out other members of the scientific community of the chance to see an ancient seapony city that many of those who call the depths their home seem scared to trea- er swim! 

knowledge of how to swim would be helpful:P

positions available

Security:

Archeology and folklorist:

Diving expert:

other positions could become open since I'm not sure of all the things one might need for an underwater expidition!

Beware though! a lot can happen under the sea~ *insert evil laughter here*

If it's alright, I'd love to have my conspiracy theorist, Maenad Descent, join. She would know a lot of folklore, she'd just also be counting a lot of ridiculous hearsay as also being factual. If that doesn't work, she could join on as an extra hand/labor with her own agenda. 

19 minutes ago, SteelEagle said:

Pathfinder is in

I'm gonna have to assume as a form of security :P

7 minutes ago, PrinceoftheNight said:

My navy captain, Blue Tide, will be honored to join this expedition!

I dont mean to sound rude but is there a reason he'd be going? Is it a mission from the navy ?

4 minutes ago, tacobob said:

Pocket Change REALLY needs to be in a few adventure type RPGs...and this sounds about right. <3 And he's an archaeologist..

2 hours ago, Bogle said:

If it's alright, I'd love to have my conspiracy theorist, Maenad Descent, join. She would know a lot of folklore, she'd just also be counting a lot of ridiculous hearsay as also being factual. If that doesn't work, she could join on as an extra hand/labor with her own agenda. 

hmmmm... Would either of these two be willing to work together? I hope maenad knows about seapony folklore! I'm sure pocket has studied all the sources on seapony archeology he coudl find on land so maybe having them both together could work well.

16 minutes ago, zoebel12 said:

I dont mean to sound rude but is there a reason he'd be going? Is it a mission from the navy ?

First, is a she. 

Second, she is not going as part of the navy in a mission, but as personal interest, and she would had gotten permision since if the experiment is succes, it could be used for the navy for deep sea rescue.

hmmm I think tthis is enough characters, can't let stuff get too out of hoof. Also I'll need to get to work on an OP soon I should be able to later tomorrow:)

In the interests of keeping this thread moving I just wanted to say I think it's okay if we post out of sequence so long as we are adressing someone who has talked before. If anyone would prefer to stick the posting order method I'm fine with that too. I coudl just be being my silly,impatient self :)

Gotta say, I did not think ponies would pick up the crabs so quickly XD was hoping to reveal them in the next posting cycle but so you know they're actually mechanical golems; like little steampunkish crab robots with big eyes that maintain the ships functions. luckily for pathfinder they are in fact small enough to sit on your head without weighing very much. :)

Pocket does not like crabs. They snap at him. He avoided them altogether as if he makes eye contact, they might think he's challenging them and then they get all snappy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived