The Nameless City beneath the waves! (Closed)

Pretzelparty

The dreadlocked mare sounded upset, and even her expression showed a hint of annoyance. Even a pony that could be as oblivious as Dunder could pick up on it. Maybe the stallion himself would be upset, except that she looked cute when she was annoyed. In fact, he didn't get knocked out of his stupor until the music started. Was there a band aboard? The quality was astounding! Not only that, but the pony adjusted himself while the ship kicked it up to 10.5 knots.

What got Dunder was when the thing started to submerge. The sight of the blue water growing darker as the vessel plummeted caused the pegasus' wingtips to flare up, feathers puffed. He looked away from the observation window and cleared his throat. "Is there any water?" He paused, "To drink, that is. Of course there is water." He cleared his throat, "Everywhere."

• 3 weeks later...

Blue smiled when the mare told her that maybe later they could see the heart of this vessel. She was rather eager to go and see it as fast as she could, but that would arrive in it's time, for now, she had to stay with the group, but soon felt that the ship started moving faster after the mare pressed some buttons on a console behind her. She could feel in her hooves the speed it was going and the hull cutting through the water as they moved. A feeling she really loved to feel.

"Thank you." Blue soon said to the mare regarding her request as she looked at the console, then heard the white coated stallion reply to her regarding her apology, making her a blush a bit in embarrassment. " I... usually never act like that..." She said softly before shaking her head a bit and calming down again. This adventure was giving her a full roller coaster of feeling, making her all exited, embarrassed  and happy at the same time. She was so eager to see what awaited them!

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder got tired of snappy and allowed him down, which was rewarded with a series of quick snaps at her eyes. Pathfinder moved a little and the uncoordinated little guy missed and wandered off, probably to join a few others in some task or another. They wee pretty cool and it was awesome she built the, but Pathfinder wished they were more aggressive. They could be fun that way. Oh well. No one could tell her that this trip wouldn't be served better by having a hoard of dangerous crab golems trying to snap them into bits. She figured that would have to wait until later and maybe Bevel would do her a solid and program some adventure enemies for her.

The sub started to move at a nice pace, which was kinda cool. The materials that went into this weren't replicable at a large scale so it would be a rare sight in Equestrian waters. Less so in Saddle Arabir or Neighpon, but it was awesome to see somepony make one themselves. She'd have to get her to build one that sniffed out secret temples or somesuch because that would make her job so much easier. Pathfinder got up and looked out. Yep, that sure was water. Then she started to take inventory of her gear- yep, it would be fine. Overall, a good day at the job was in store for her, huzzah! "So, how long? I don't remember the city being too far out."

(Due to the hacking the a short time ago and subsequent roll back I've lost a few posts, including the one I made here. Since I know I won't be able to recreate this post without making myself more insane than usual I'm going to have to post a summary. Just a friendly reminder that if you guys haven't changed your passwords since the roll back occurred you probably should, especially if it is the same password you use for any other service online that would be harmful for anyone besides yourself to get into.)

Bevel, despite not having them directed towards her; was very happy about pocket's words about her invention. The basic description of the Aetheric sensor was that it used faint, harmless pulses in the Aetherial network and used magic to assist the ship in moving around smaller obstacles and an alarm will sound if a larger body that requires more active control to avoid comes in range.

She also shows everyone the Galley. It's bigger than you'd expect, has a good amount of storage and the bare essentials for cooking something good. Could definitely make hot chocolate with what is provided. 

In addition to that she said that She was fine with showing Blue tide the Reactor, but to a pony who didn't have her mark or particular talent for magitech it would be far too time consuming to explain without the aid of blueprints and she isn't willing to show those off until after she proves the engine's reliability. In response to Pathfinder's inquiry the trip will take about thirty minutes and suggests that they use this time to get to know eachother a bit better before they reach their destination.

Spoiler

Thirty minutes will mean one posting cycle before the group arrives and meets the new member of their team, Seeing as Bogle has been gone a while I've decided to have someone else come in...

2JpqytA.png?1

Pocket Change noticed the brown Pegasus was looking a little worried about something. What was it? His eyes darted away from the observation window and managed to get his feathers extra poofy. Was he claustrophobic? Or maybe the sight of all that water bothered him? Being a proper and polite Canterlot pony, the unicorn decided not to ask him while the others were so close as not to embarrass the poor boy. Thankfully, something a bit more pleasant, but still equally awkward popped up to distract the stallion. The good Captain and her cute red cheeks.

He simply smiled back at the mare. She had to be fibbing! There was bound to be several things that filled her with a sense of wonder.  Something that put an extra bounce to her steps. He could think of more than a few. The idea of an epic 'Daring Do' style adventure. The smell of the plastic wrapping they cover brand new O&O manuals and the snap it made when he broke it open. Just looking into Moony's eyes. All pure joy-makers.

And speaking of Daring Do, the odd gal who insisted on dressing like her seemed to be lost in her little world. She seemed to enjoy interacting with those strange little crabs, and probably did not listen to a single word he had said. And even worse, she was being a very impatient pony! One does not ask for adventure, it comes for you!

The unicorn nodded as the inventor spoke about her 'Aetherial Network' as she lead the small group into the galley. This truly was an most fascinating vessel. The only thing this ship needed was an oversized pipe organ. Although maybe it would be best not for this to be, since the mastery of an old timey organ usually hinted at mental instability In most horror novels.

Once they were spread out a little, Pocket Change slowly made his way towards Dunder, "Are you alright?", he whispered, "You looked a bit frazzled back in the observation area."

Dunder's mind kept replaying the sight of the water rising up over the porthole. His mind was consumed with the thought of the smothering water all around them and the ship. That was until Bevel led them to the galley, where the feeling of claustrophobia dissipated. Much larger than other ships' galleys the stallion had been in, he took a breath of relief and felt a little more comfortable aboard the vessel.

Bevel urged them to get comfortable while waiting for the vessel to arrive at its destination. Originally, the stallion had planned on making some hot chocolate since the outside was so frigid, but now he was a bit too frazzled to focus. While zoning out near the rest of the ponies, a whisper snapped him out of it.

"AHH!" He let out a startled shout, and stepped back, his hindleg landing squarely on the back of the barely released Snappy. The little crab machine retaliated by electro-shocking the stallion right in the leg. A second startled shout the stallion let out, instinctively flapping his wings to flee from danger. Unfortunately, when Dunder's ancestors fled danger by flying off, they had more headroom. The pegasus's sudden movement upward preceded a thud as his head collided with a pipe.

The now thoroughly annoyed Dunder rubbed his head, eyes closed as he tried to hide the pain. "You know, I'm fine." He said to the white unicorn. "How are you holding up.... Docket? No, Pocket!" He corrected himself. "Sorry, you just look a lot like this mare who's a friend of my .....friend."

• 3 weeks later...

Blue blushed a bit more when she saw Pocket amile at her after she had replied to him, making her feel a bit more ebarrased. Oh boy... And they had just started this adventure.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, holding it for a few moments before releasing it. Her blush had faded away completly and her fave turned a bit more serious. Quite the change for a mare that had been acting so adorably since they all met.

She awaited for Bevel to say or show them what was next as they arrived to the Galery, until something cought her attention, and it was one of the stallions that was with them. She saw the he almost stepped over Snappy, which he actually did at the end. She was about to say something until she saw that the little Snappy retaliated against him. She was a bit surprised by this events but remained calm with a straight face... Which broke with a soft giggle after seeing him hit himself on thr head after he tried to fly away. Those silly pegasus~

Pathfinder.png

Pathfinder was fine with it being another thirty minutes. It was sad that was thirty minutes stuck inside of the sub instead of swimming out there with the cool beasts of the ocean, but maybe she was just a wee bit peculiar like that. Most birdies don't like water! She did however. Maybe because she got wet all the time in her adventures while most of her kind stayed quite dry, even being able to avoid rain showers by staying above them! They didn't call Cloudsdale the Sun Drenched City for nothing. 

But anyway, El Capitain had a goal in mind for the group as they made their way there. Get to know one another. Some ponies had already started, and she was super glad to join in. "I'm Pathfinder, adventurer and Daring Do Fanclub President! You may know me from such adventures as finding the Helm of Commander Hurricane in the land of the Griffons, the Staff of Fate, and the Orb of Nightmare Moon. Ad lots of others the press don't care about as much, but I'm here to help out on this crazy fun adventure!" She said, waving to everypony proudly. Then out of the port she saw something interesting and trotted over, also waving.

"Oh hi there!" she continued waving, the kraken eyeing the submarine briefly before moving away. "That's the momma. I call her Tulip. She's gonna give birth to Krakey the Kraken-born soon. She likes fried pegasus so don't offer yourself Dundie, don't want the muscle to be eaten this early!"

HLzggX1m.jpg

Bevel observed the commotion and levitated the small golem over to herself and looked him over, "Oh... that's right, thanks to his smaller size I had to fiddle with his aggression circuits..." She looked over the little automated crustacean and pulled a screwdriver from her bag. The mare's lips pursed a bit as she removed a panel and tighted up something in the mechanical creature's metal innards before there was a light spark. "There we go... I think his capacitor was a bit overcharged... need some adjustments. Now if you do step on his again it will only produce mild discomfort if he elects to defend himself again."

She looked back up at Dunder and coughed, "So please try not to stumble on him again. But like your friend asked, are you alright? You look like one of  the workers who helped me construct this did when I told him I was hoping to bring a piano into the rec room. I was hoping to try for a pipe organ but the sound was too... ominous."

"The orb of who?" The inventor tilted her head a bit at the mention of the last named artifact. Her tone was genuine so she apparently did not know who this nightmare moon was.

When Pathfinder went over to the porthole to see outside, She turned to the rest of the group to introduce herself a bit more thoroughly.  "While I'm sure you all know my name by virtue of you accepting the call for hire... I am Bevel Gear. I've lived among griffins most of my life after the age of six. While I'm sure non of you have heard of me, I'v e designed several components in various airship types and also make various Magi-technological devices for my benefactors the Silverbeaks." The mare blinked a moment as if she'd thought she had run out of things to talk about before she remembered. 

"I Have also been removed from any of your countries events for a long time and know nothing of current events. One of my goals is to find an artifact similar to the hypothetical celestial object called a White Hole." She didn't want to get into the theoretical ideas of Astronomy with a group of ponies who may not know it and getting into a debate about the implications of such an object existing was likely to leave those less well versed in such things with less to do. "I am also... a fan of shadow spade."

2JpqytA.png?1

The white unicorn had been called many names over his lifetime, most of them not very nice, but had he ever been called Docket before? They were twins, but it wasn't that hard nowadays to tell the pair apart. "Don't worry Mister Dunder, I'm well aware of my sister's late night activities." His poor sister had a nasty habit of working herself to the bone eleven days in a row and then partying from dusk till dawn on the twelfth day. And sometimes he would find old friends of hers camped out in all sections of their shared flat when returning from his own little adventures. Ponies on the couch! Mares under the kitchen table! Even a griffon sleeping in their tub! Pocket Change knew the brown Pegasus had received a few smooches from his sister in the past. That was of no concern of his own. Besides, Dunder was a pretty cool fellow. He was part of a brave little threesome of adventurers! Docket's pal Fire Walker, some barkeep the stallion had yet to met named Muggo' Ale, and finally Browny himself.  "Just relax. We're safe."

He was a little on the jumpy side. Maybe he had claustrophobia? Would this be something common for a bred of ponies that embrace the open skies so well? Hopefully not! Or maybe he was just a little nervous being entombed in a submarine where just the tiniest of miscalculations could lead them all to a terrible watery grave. That may be it, but he had faith in Bevel and her impressive ship. He would have been crazy to come on board if he did not believe in the clever mare.

And speaking of crazy, the be-costumed mare broke out into a thankfully short little rant. She was Pathfinder! She did things and she was president of a club based around books written for kids and teens. He enjoyed a Daring Doo book or two. They were fun little books. And there was also a con coming up. Maybe he could get Moony to come along with this one? And maybe he could get her to dress up? Would she make an idea Outback Jack? Or Miss Starlight? Knowing the mare, she would not take the easy route and just go as Daring since every other pony would be doing that.

"Well, I've heard of you.", the stallion winked back. Of course he knew who she was. They were guildies! "And things have become very interesting during the last two or three years.", Pocket stated, "The return of our Princess Luna. Crazy stuff happened when a chaos spirit was freed. A horrible magic vampire was also freed, which I unfortunately got to see first hoof, and a few of our cities have been invaded by an assortment of creatures, both mundane and also horrible. A long lost kingdom had been rediscovered and my former role-playing partners gave birth to an demi-goddess. Although, the last bit might just be the tabloids talking."

"And besides, the news...What is our next step?"

• 4 weeks later...

Docket's late night activities? The specifics escaped the fuzzy pony's fuzzy mind.

While the stallion 10,000 mile stared through the ringing in his ears, he listened to the mare as best as he could. "I'm.... adventurer and Daring do..." The stallions eyes opened wide, "Oh! Daring do! I thought I recognized you. My friend, Pocket" The brown stallion motioned to the white one, "has this pillow of you all tied...kraken?" Dunder's heart beat thundered in the stallion's ears.

A fresh wave of panic gripped the stallion. "Fried pegasus?!" He took off, flying low and sliding on the floor over to the inventor mare to hug her hing leg. The stallion shaking, "Mademoiselle, can we go any faster? I'm not gonna get eaten! Especially not deep fried, it'll ruin the texture!"

• 3 weeks later...

Blue soon turned back to Bevel as she started to speak again. At least the little one was not aggressive anymore, thanks to her. Wonder what she did though... but there are things that are best left unanswered! The fun was in not knowing! Well, at least for a few things~
"Nice to meet you!" She said with a small smile to both Bevel and Pathfinder, now that the two had presented herself formally, finally! Now she knew their names.
It was Bevel, the one that hired the, Pathfinder, the adventurer one, the other adventurous pony, whose name was apparently Pocket, and the silly pegasus, which he didn't knew his name still

"Don't worry. I doubt we will be attacked by one." She said to Dunder with a small grin. "At least not yet that we just started"

2nVY1oEm.jpg

The events that Pocket Change listed sounded ... interesting. magic vampires, chaos spirits, invasions. Equestria truly was just as lucky as she'd heard, blessed my strong magic and semi divine rulers. It was interesting to hear about these tales from someone she could reliably assume had experienced this. Like she has said earlier, Bevel had been removed from equestria's events. What she didn't mention was that she really barely could muster the energy to care what happened to the nation anymore than another nation, but that was neither her nor there. 

"Your land sounds... curious. As for the next 'ste--- GAH!" The inventor leapt off her seat as she felt something latch on to her hindleg. An attempt was made to get off the bench she had been sitting on, the keyword there being "attempt". The mare effort to leap forward result in her weight being held back by the heavier pony and ended with her hitting her muzzle on the table. "OW!... owowowowoowowowowowow...." The mare pulled herself up and looked down at the stallion, taking a deep breath to keep calm. "Okay..." She began, "We can go faster." 

Bevel walked over to a speaker in the wall. A curious glyph of some kind next to it which she placed her hoof on. "Increase speed to max until we reach our destination... in three, two, one." Just like that the vessel jolted with enough speed that a few of the passengers began to slide across the floor and meet the nearby wall. The movement wasn't fast enough to slam into it but merely bring them over unless they attempted to resist. The speed shift went on for... a full minute before it stopped, "Oh... We're here."

The inventor looked out nearby porthole and her eyes went wide. "Oh... mon... Dieu!" She squeaked out, her mane seeming to raise slightly as she stared at what was outside. "We must get to the observation deck!" Bevel galloped off to the previous area of the vessel (with Dunder still on her hind leg no less) until she stood before the full view of what laid before them.

Beyond the glass of the observation deck... there ocean floor was growing dark. The submarine had reached the the border of the deep sea where the sunlight struggled to reach: Somewhere around nine hundred meters (or almost three thousand feet) under the ocean's surface. The sun was barely visible and it's light could only barely grace the top of the rocky surfaces beneath them. Looking around once could see the vague outline of what was a massive crater in the ocean floor. At the center of it was a faintly shimmering dome: a magical, unnatural source of light in an abyss on the brink of complete darkness... and sure to be swallowed by it come nightfall. Bevel trotted up to the console of dial, switches and knobs and turned a certain dial to the left. A magical ring expanded over the glass of the observation window, zooming in on the bubble at the center of the crater.

"There she is... and like we thought the shield is still up." The barrier in question gave a momentary flicker... that wasn't the best sign, "If it's barrier is breaking down it could mean many things. The artifact in question could be losing power and the shield may finally be dying. The lesser barriers around the buildings may still be holding so it could be diverting magic to focus on them, or something may be interfering with the autospell that keeps it going." The inventor speculated, going through a few scenarios in her mind before she noticed several beeps. The mare's bright yellow eyes were drawn to the sonar...

"C'est Impossible..." she muttered, looking closer at the device on the console. "Something's approaching from the stern... It's too small be a squid or a sea monster. It looks like it's a box of somekind. How isn't it being crushed by the pressure?" The Network readings also had read a notable, but unusual magical signature from it. Intriguing. She wished she coudl directly hail the ship but, at this depth radio communications would be impossible: Salt water couldn't carry the signal...

Spoiler

Please welcome the newest member to this thread...

• 2 months later...

Doctor Whooves was rather impressed with his normal companion and her development as a hero - but there were some temptations that even the Greatly Improving Trixie was probably best not to be faced with.  Ancient Underwater Unicorn Libraries were one of those.  According to the Journal of the Doctors, there had been some stash of Things Ponies Were Not Meant to Know tucked away down here, and it'd been a few generations since they'd been checked on to make sure they were still unfound.  Besides, Whooves needed to test the modifications he'd made to his cart!  Which ... was ... not the most important thing ...

But the beautiful old girl was doing wonderfully!  He smiled around at his precious cart, touching a caring hoof to the control panel.  A wooden shell unfolded from the sides of the cart, forming a curving dome over his head, warm with the light of a swinging lantern - and a clear window in the front let him see out to the rest of the sea!  Powerful ribs and reinforced glass, of course - he wasn't crazy.

Driving along the bottom of the ocean was fantastic!  Admittedly, wheel mode wasn't all that helpful down here, he'd soon discovered, but after activating propeller mode, he'd gotten up to a nice speed down here.  Figuring out how to deploy that without deploying the pontoons that would bring him back to the surface was the tricky part.  But the strange kelpy landscape, the bizarre coral formations, the exotic sealife... it was like being on a whole other world!  He loved being him.

Now, there was all sorts of wonderful and magnificent stories in the Journal of the Doctors, and useful information too, but if there was one thing these journals lacked, it was ... details. A map to the sunken city, for instance, would be nice.  Or where in the sunken city the stash of forbidden knowledge was located.  But as usual, despite not having what he would consider 'needed information' - he knew he'd figure things out.  As long as nothing too unexpected happened.

He blinked and pressed his face to the window, trying to peer up past his own roof.  Note to self:  Skylight in next version.  What was that gigantic shadowed form above him?  Was ... was that .. was that some sort of sea monster?!  FANTASTIC!  No, wait, that was cobbled together out of metal!  What in Equestria?

• 2 weeks later...

Pathfinder.png

It was a great time at the bottom of the sea as the little sub-sub decided to finally make good time and get them to where they needed to go with all due haste. Which was good, because the kraken had left and it was now less exciting. At least her compatriots were kinda fun! Some even mistook her for the real Daring Do. Not that she was going to correct or complain there. "Oh yeah, one of those body pillows!" She said with a smile, "I have like fourteen of those myself. I like to arrange them into fun patterns at camp site, so I can roll around on them. It is just the most bestest type of pillow ever made. I wonder why they only sell them off to the side? Harder for everyone to find!" She said, excitedly tapping the glass.

Then they started to approach the city. As they had been led to believe the barrier was less than stellar. Oh well! They knew that going on. It was what made this adventure exciting, all of this time-sensitive adventuring was the heart of the entertainment. As they approached however something else made its way towards them. And while nopony else knew who or what this was, she was in the know! After all, she had adventured with him before and he was a real hoot and a holler. He was the mysterious, the kooky, the indescribable, the exciting, the one of a kind Doctor Whooves, and Pathfinder clapped her hooves in excitement as she saw him, though quickly his angle was a bit unbearable for her. She stamped her hooves in filly like excitement.

"Yay, Doctor Whooves is here! That means this place MUST be good times! Come on, I want out of this thing so we can get jiggy with it!"

2JpqytA.png?1

Pocket's ears flooped down as the stallion spoke. "Pillows?" It took him a moment to register what he meant. Oh. That's what he mea.....The stallion started to turn slightly red, "And it was a gag gift." He would have liked to believe so. It was actually from a rather poor Hearth's Warming Eve gift exchange. He gave away an bottle of Bowmare Whiskey and ended up with a body pillow! The unicorn ended up throwing the thing away after a friend of his sisters snatched it from the hallway closet and did unspeakable things to it. When he turned his attention back to Dunder, the Pegasus pony was near their host. Being the ever curious pony, the stallion quickly made his way over to the pair to see what was up.

Unfortunately, Fire Walker's little adventuring buddy got just a little too close to Bevel, causing her to suffer a mild bonk to the snout. Ouch! Before he could say anything, Bevel quickly dashed away with the stallion still attached to her leg. Something must happening! He turned to Blue Tide, "Guess we better follow..." and away he went!

The unicorn managed to catch the last few words the mare spoke, "You found a box? Maybe it's a sunken shipping container?" Would that be possible? Were there any large freighters above? He had heard the large transport ships sometimes had too many cargo containers on board and a few would be lost during storms. This might actually be interesting...And then the Daring-Do-Fan Girl said something odd which made her very happy. He walked over to her side.

"Doctor....Who?", he asked.

Dunder's freakout was halted by the fluffy flank he rested his head against. Suddenly he was lost in bliss, and relaxed into a near catatonic state. Suddenly, the pain on top of his head subsided as he slipped into a deep sleep, and his legs tightened around the inventor mare's hindleg. As the vessel accelerated, and they slid across the floor, the pegasus let out a nasaly snore and as the mare ran across the ship with the stallion on her leg, he mumbled in his sleep.

As the ponies started to gather in an inquisitive crowd, the stallion snorted and sniffled as he opened his eyes. "Oh! We're there already? How long was I out?" He let go of Bevel's hindleg and stood up to see what they were all staring at.

The box like structure and the explanation for it puzzled Dunder, "Doctor Whooves? Is he a musician?" He asked.

• 4 weeks later...

(Sorry for the delay)
Blue ws mostly focused on seeing outside. This vessel seemed to be going at a rather fast speed, as it seemed it didnt took long for them to arrive to their destination. She was looking outside into the deep parts of the ocean. Light seemed to not get down there, and it was amazing. She laways traveled above the sea, but to be in it! At such depth! It was simply amazing beyond words. She was a bit lost in it until she noticed there was a new vesel moving around, not so far from them?

She also noticed there was a pony inside it! Wonder who it was. She was not able to quite identify the pony and simply looked towards the others, hoping they also saw this newcomer.

• 2 months later...

2nVY1oE.jpg

"Wait... it's not so much a box as a wagon... a blue... wagon... moving ... under... the ... sea..."  It seemed as though her mind was slowly breaking down as it tried to compehend this turn of events, "Its... how... wha?" She stood there staring at the screen for a full minute, her hoof hovering over the console. Then there was a little spark in her eyes, her mane of dreadlocks seemed to jump slightly. Her yellows eyes narrowed at the wagon, "Let's bring it aboard, shall we? I want a word with whoever made this."  With a golden spark of her horn, several levels and knobs on the console were turned. 

A fairly low sound could be heard from beneath the crew's hooves. Outside the bridge's window a robotic arm came into view from below. A claw opening up and lifting up the blue wagon and bringing it up and into the vessel. The doctor's blue wagon was brought into fairly large space which was soon sealed off and drained of water.  Inside of the wagon, whatever instruments hooves would have going would have noticed a sudden stabilization of pressure outside. In front of the doors to the blue wagon was a large hatch several magical locks beginning to disengage.

"Well? Shall we go meet our mysterious new addition?" She asked with a slight smile on her muzzle, "Doctor who... ves. I take it it you know something about this one, Pathfinder?" Bevel wasn't too keen to wait for now. The ship was set on autopilot, so long as nothing distracted Bevel too much than everything should go as planned. She was at risk of losing herself in the strange occurence. How did he manage to get a wooden cart of all things to survive this incredible pressure?! Why hadn't she heard of this one before?! Question, question, and more questions. 

Before the group knew it they'd been lead down to the area of the ship where the mysterious mode o transport had been procured. Bevel looked to Pathfinder, "Is this Hooves pony dangerous?"

Oh!  Oh my.  "That's coming towards us now."  He considered his top speed, the distance to the nearest underwater city street, and the relative speed of the incoming metal fish.  Nope, too short.  "Aaaaaand it's got a claw."  OK, well, then, maybe if he ascended quickly, theeeen... dropped down atop of it, hiding on its back so it didn't know where he'd disappeared to?  Nope, timing was wrong for that too.  "Aaaaand, now it's got us.  I've got it!  We'll let it take us, see what happens, and if anything goes wrong, I'll do that thing where I figure something out!"  He looked around the empty little compartment.  

He could just hear her voice.  "You call that a plan?  The Great and Disappointed Trixie-"  nonono.  Not that.  More like "The Great and Impressed Trixie finds that plan brilliant!  You've done it again, Doctor Whooves!"  Yes, more like that.  

Sigh.  "It's just not the same without somepony here to listen to me be brilliant," he sighed again before looking back up out of the window.

He waited patiently through the bumps and clanks, the hissing of air, the slow draining away of water - which, he had to admit, was very convenient!  He had a hatch on the bottom of the wagon he could wriggle his way out of without the water coming in.  He called it the Moon Puddle!  This was much more practical.  If you had the space for it.

As the water drained away, the blue glow from the back of the wagon no longer diffused through the water, making his entire wagon appear blue.  He twisted around a wheel on his control panel - not the control wheel, the other one - and the engine settled down to a bare idle, reducing the blue glow until the wagon was revealed as simply an ordinary looking wooden wagon, except for the way it was so completely enclosed and wrapped around in brass bands.  He twisted one, two, three fasteners around the canopy, and a rectangular piece on the side shifted outwards slightly, then got stuck.  He thumped it a couple of times experimentally with his hoof, then pulled out a flat head screwdriver and wedged it into the crack, wriggled it a few times, and cracked it slightly open.

From the outside, they saw the tip of a flat head screwdriver pop out of the opening door, twist left, look up and down, twist around to the right, look up and down, then pull back in.  There was a quiet voice stage-whispering, "Did you see anything dangerous?  No?  Ahhh, that's a pity."  Then the door opened a bit further and Doctor Whooves' slicked-back mane and brown face peeked out to peer around.  His eyes widened at seeing Pathfinder, and he quickly pulled back in and almost-closed the door.

"Why didn't you tell me Pathfinder was there!  What do you  mean, I didn't ask?  I asked if anything was dangerous!  ...  Well, yes, I suppose that doesn't exactly count as 'dangerous', more ... right, right.  They're waiting."

Then, finally, Doctor Whooves opened the door wide, jumped down into the puddling water which had mostly drained out of the room, and gave a bright, cheery smile.  "Hello!  I'm Doctor Whooves!  Who might be the inventor of this magnificent metal fish?"

Pathfinder.png

"Dangerous?" Pathfinder asked in astonishment before laughing. "Of course not! He's just really smart, really fun, full of adventure, and totally loco in the coco! The fact he is here means there must some super cool stuff to do. He has a real sniffer for adventure! Yay! Let's just continue on with ADVENTURE IN OUR HEARTS!" Pathfinder bellowed, rearing up and neighing with excitement. It was time to do the fun adventuring things now that the Doctor was here. "Hey there Doccy! Long time no see! Whatcha been up to, huh huh huh?" As she asked him and gave him a hug, because he had little choice in the matter, she started preparing. Preparing for ADVENTURE!

She gathered all of her goodies and double-checked her Infinite Seals of the Trisaciarian Abyss, which she started dabbing on her fur. It was a rainbow mixture of some slime substance that seemed to dull, fade, and spread around her neck. "So this fun times thing is a special sort of sea-slime that the ponies of the Trisacarian Cult of the Infinite Depth made so they could sustain themselves in the deep depths of the ocean. It doesn't replace good underwater breathing gear but it does allow a small amount of oxygen to be absorbed through the neck and carbon monoxide to be released, so you can at least survive a little while. I mean it isn't the best item of its sort but it isn't like we need the Dupre LaCardina or anything like that!" she said, having a laughing fit to go along with it. As she spoke she fluttered about and applied it to the necks of everypony who didn't flee after asking them if it was alright.

When she was done she put the rest of the slime away and attached her gear, making sure to double tie down her beautiful and awesome pith helmet on top of her breathing gear. She never left the house without it! She wanted to leave now. It was boring here and exciting out there. She started banging on the exit, trotting desperately in place. "Let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go let's go!"

2JpqytA.png?1

The white unicorn glanced down at Dunder. “For about two or three seconds. I did not time it, but you were getting very close to being shot out of an airlock. Thankfully you did not venture into the ‘bad touch’ zone with Miss Bevel’'.” He gave the fuzzy brown Pegasus a helping hoof if he needed aid getting up. “As for whoever is in the box, I’m still wondering if his name is ‘Whooves’ as in.” Pocket Change shrugged his shoulders in doubt, “Or ‘Hooves’ as in these bad boys.” He waved his two front hooves. “Our resident Daring Do fan-girl seems to recognize the box and possibly the pony who resides in said box.”

This was going to give the poor stallion a headache! He was still in the middle of being very impressed by Bevel Gear’s overly incredible submarine. Now there was an odd fellow floating about in a little blue box. What sort of impressive magic laid inside the compact and very boxy vehicle? His stomach dropped a little as the young adventurer realized there was a very good chance whoever was in that box might not be currently breathing. There was a chance that it was enchanted to survive under deep pressure..But why a box? Those were hardly sea-worthy.

He watched with great anticipation as their host managed to fish out the odd little device, which almost reminded him of one of those little port-a-pony-potties. Who goes around under the sea in such a thing? Somepony that was crazy that is! It’s probably why Pathfinder knew this fellow. Crazy tended attract crazy. Being the sort of pony who was ready for just about anything, the unicorn readied an stun spell. Just in case Delirious Do was wrong about the contents in the box. Could be monsters. Could be grues. Thankfully the pony that popped out of the box did not seem to be dangerous, so Pocket canceled out his spell.

The stallion scrunched up his snout in disgust as the Pegasus mare smeared what he was very sure were the contents of her handkerchief on his neck, "Miss Pathfinder. The bathroom is down the hall, but if that's not what you're talking about, where do you intend for us to go?" Hopefully she remembered who was leading this little underwater trek.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunder gratefully accepted the leg up and regained his legging as the white stallion expressed his confusion between hooves and hooves a difference that the pegasus was not aware of. I must've hit my head harder than I thought. Despite his confusion, Dunder smiled and nodded in agreement. "Yeah! It's probably the good kind of hooves. Not the....other hooves." His demeanor still portrayed his confusion.

Instead of further embarrassing himself, the pegasus decided to follow the group down to where they were going to meet the new coming Whooves. The air around the group did not tell of any signs of alarm so the pegasus as the designated muscle did not prepare for a fight.

• 1 month later...

(sorry for delay, again)

Blue was cought off guard with the new addition to the group. This new pony was... quite interesting to say the lest. Well, not that this band of ponies wasn't any less weird anyways. It was just that all this had become a little... odd. Yet that wasn't bad at all! In fact, it was the other way around, it would make this journey double the fun and amusemet she would have than if she went with a bunch of boring, square minded scientists and stuff. At least this group was quite open and silly sometimes. 

"Hello there!" Blue said to the doctor once he was on board with the others! Well, this pny seemed to be the one of those ponies that made silly comments ocasionaly and things like that. He also looked rather clever. A rather good addition! "I am captain Blue Tide, of the royal Equestrian navy." She said with a much more calmer and formal tone for this introduction. Quite the change of how she was before to now. She seemed less squeaky than before. 

Archived