Look Out! Here Comes a PARTY! (Zealot)

RainbowFoxxy

pinkie_pie_banner_by_zacatron94-d6m8m01.

"Hello! Good morning! How are you? Ooooooo, cupcakes! Thanks yes I'll take one, or two or three! What a nice hat! What did you do to your mane? It looks super duper fantasticaroo! Wow! Jump rope? Sure, I'll play!"

It was another typical morning for the friendliest mare in all of Ponyville! Pinkie Pie was in her element. A huge grin spread over her muzzle. Playing games with fillies and colts. Bringing smiles to the faces of everypony she ran across. The pink mare's heart swelled as she continued on her way. There was no better way to spend the morning than making other ponies smile! It was enough to make her want to sing!

"It's a super duper sunny morning! It's gonna be a really great day! All the ponies in town are smilin'! In a Pinkie sort of waaaay!" Woo hoooo!"

A burst of confetti came from seemingly nowhere. The fillies near by squealed with excitement and pranced around. If there was anything the pink mare was good at it was bringing the party where ever she went!

On she went until she bounced across the little wooden bridge that lead out of town and down the path towards Sweet Apple Acres.

"I wonder what Apple Jack is up to this morning. I bet she's been up working since before morning!" Pinkie bounced on, making a winding trail towards AJ's farm.

"Whew! This is turning into a workout!" She blew a breath out fast and wiped a hoof across her forehead. "I should do this more often! Getting the heart pumping!" She flexed and kept on bouncing. "Woo hoo!"

Up ahead she saw another pony. She wasn't too sure who this mare was. Not that it mattered. She bounced closer and when she was within earshot she called out. "Hello! Super duper morning isn't it? Are you running? Can I run with you?"

Clandestine was... well... she was where she was every Wednesday morning. On her morning jog. As usual, jogging around near the Sweet Apple Acres farm. It was for Clandestine, just an ordinary day. The mare had no idea what was about to descend on her. She was simply content with her exercises, before heading back to her house to start going through paperwork once again. It had been like this for a few months, back and forth as Clandestine simply, got on with her life. She was existing, and that seemed to be enough for the mare. Or at least, she thought. She was unhappy, as always. But that didn't show on her stern and calm face, simply... a pony on a jog.

At which point she saw the bubbly happy pink pony, or rather, heard her. The pony called out to her, making Clandestine stumble in her step. "Huh? What?" she asked, her senses kicking in and spinning around, ready to retaliate and... It was just a pony. She sighed, her muscles relaxing from the sudden tension. "Eh?" she asked, blinking as she responded to the pink pony's question.

The mare seemed... quite happy. Bright, cheery. Clandestine was... wary... at best. "Uhh. Hi... I'm Clandestine?" she asked, smiling forcibly at her. "Uhh... I suppose?" she asked, "If you can keep up," she said plainly, turning around and keeping up her jog. "Who... who are you?"

"Woo hoooo!" Pinkie made an extra high bounce into the air when the other pony said they could jog together. She had suddenly changed into running attire, complete with a sweatband across her forehead. "This is going to be SO...MUCH.....FUN!!!"

The pink mare bounced around the other mare in sheer joy. "Clandestine huh? Great to meet you!" She suddenly stopped right in front of Clandestine and offered her hoof. "I'm the super duper party pony Pinkie Pie of Ponyville! Master of balloons, confetti, and anything else related to parties and making a pony smile!"

"I'm so glad we can jog together, it's a great way to get to know a new friend isn't it?" She trotted next to Clandestine. "Sharing fun things together is the best way to spend the day!" Pinkie smiled fit to burst. This was much fun! Meeting a new friend, sharing a smile, maybe they could get breakfast together after the jog.

"Soooooo, what do you like to do...Tiny?" She kept on trotting, keeping pace with Clandestine. "Is it ok to call you Tiny? I have nicknames for all my friends!"

It is? What was... so much fun? Clandestine blinked, and all of a sudden the party pony was in running gear. The poor mare didn't quite know what to think of that. Wasn't that... impossible? She didn't quite believe her eyes. Some sort of magic? No, the mare was an earth pony. It couldn't be magic. Perhaps... ahh... she didn't know. Not at all. 

Clandestine gritted her teeth, yelping in surprise as the mare then suddenly darted in front of her, introducing herself. She couldn't help but take the offered hoof to shake. "Ahh... what?" she asked. Super duper party pony? That... sounded made up to her. "Ahh, new friend?" she asked, blinking and just feeling somewhat overwhelmed by the sudden appearance of the mare. Her day had gone from normal to... whatever the hell was happening right now. 

She started to trot as the mare got out of the way, feeling a little unsure of herself. "Uhh... no? I... I have a nickname already and, it's not Tiny," she protested. "You can... ahh... call me Clan for short. Most do I think?" she wondered. "I'm sorry... who are you? Ahh... why are you talking to me?" she asked. "And why are you calling me your friend? We've... never met. Have we?" Clandestine was pretty sure she would have remembered. Still, a party pony. She had heard of their kind before. They, well, threw parties. But why would one be talking to her?

Ohhh... "Look, if this is some sort of prank," she scowled at the mare. "I'd appreciate it if you just let me go on my way. Last pony who did got a rather bloodied muzzle. And no, that wasn't on purpose. I just... ahh..." she shook her head.

Pinkie shot in front of the other mare and stopped short. She smiled a friendly smile. "Clan huh?" She paused in thought for a moment. "Well Clanny, I'm calling you my friend because we are friends!" She started jogging again.

"I mean we go jogging together and talk about all sorts of super duper things! And plus, I'm friends with everypony in Ponyville and it looks like you're a pony in Ponyville soooooo...friends!" She did a cartwheel and then bounced next to Clandestine.

"Of course this isn't a prank! My pranks are cool and calculated.... costumes and intrigue and well all that kind of stuff. Super fun and they usually end with a party! Anyway, nope no pranks here!"

She covered her muzzle for the moment as Clandestine mentioned bloodied muzzles. "Oh my gosh that's aweful! How did that happen Clanny? Did they run into something while they were jogging with you?"

• 3 weeks later...

Clandestine frowned at the thought of having made a friend so quickly. That... didn't happen right. Apparently it did, well, she didn't really know what to say to that. "Uh huh..." she just blurted out. Perhaps this pony was just, one of those kinds of ponies. Far too happy and bubbly for Clandestine's tastes. She wasn't sure she even wanted to be talking to a pony with... she just did a cartwheel. Okay. She wasn't sure she even wanted to be friends with the pink pony, and surely the pink pony didn't want to be friends with her. She just didn't know Clandestine yet. Yep, that was it. Well... she was about to find out what kind of pony she was.

"Like I said, it wasn't my fault. Moron surprised me from behind offering me... I think it was a cupcake? My reflexes twigged and I smacked her clean in the muzzle. I ahh... dashed off while she was dazed," she admitted with a sigh. "I was, well, too embarrassed to be honest. Besides, I couldn't help it," she said with a angry sigh.

Clandestine continued jogging, shaking her head to clear it. "So yeah," she said. "That's why no surprises. Sue me," she said simply. "I never really found them 'fun' in the first place... uhh?" she wondered at that. "What did you say your name was again? Pink... Pink something. I think I'll just call you Pink if that's alright. I usually go with nicknames but, well, someone told me I should ask permission so, that's what I'm doing. That's right. Right?"

• 3 weeks later...

Pinkie's expression got serious, deadly serious as Clandestine called her "Pink".

"Pink?" She muttered, her eyes narrowing. "pink?" She whispered. "PINK?" She yelled as she trotted next to the mare.

She suddenly sprung up into the air, making sure to make room in case her newest friend accidentally took a swing. "I...LOVE IT!" She grinned hugely. "Of course you can call me Pink!" She bounced in between jog steps. " Nopony's ever called me that before. It's totally a fitting nick name and it's part of my real name and that's super fantastic with me!"

"Surprising ponies is in my nature, but there's lots of ways to surprise a pony. What we need to do...now that we're friends (huge grin again)...is find a way to surprise you that makes you happy instead of feeling like you need to throw a punch. I mean I like punch, don't get me wrong. But the kind I like it bubbly and sweet and gets served at parties...!" She sucked in a breath and started tip toeing down the path. "Oh oh oh! I have the bestest, best best idea!"

She jogged backwards in front of Clandestine. "When's the last time somepony threw you a party Clan?"

Archived