[Shop] Cafe Delights[ENDED]

Tam

[OOC] Dubstep, you're next. So yes, you have fans. :)[/OOC]

Kat

'Is this the line for the counter?'

Kat turned away from Neon to see the large Pegasus. Um, wow. He is HUGE!

"Um, No. The line is um, right over there." She pointed with her hoof to the cash register.

Grayson

grayson-1.png?t=1300310275

Grayson walked out of the small apartment building. His boss assigned him to bring a package to somepony who worked in the government town hall. Since it was a rather long flight to Ponyville all the way from Raptorclaw Canyon, the griffin was given a place to stay for the night. As Grayson walked out on the street, he noticed there was a griffin airship that he hadn't noticed yesterday.

It's nice to know i'm not the only griffin here! Haha. Man, i'm hungry. I haven't had anything since i left yesterday... I've been here before, why can't i think of any places to eat? Grayson spotted a newspaper vendor, hoping that he knew this place pretty well. Grayson approached the vendor.

"Excuse me sir, do you know of any good places to eat around here?"

The pony pointed down the street. "Yes! A new coffee shop opened up, and it's been the talk of the town for the past few weeks. From what i've heard, there's quite a crowd over there."

Grayson thanked him. Some coffee could help him wake up right now. When he opened the door to the cafe, he realized the newspony was right. There were so many ponies - a small white pony talking with a wildly dressed purple pony, a rather large pegasus, a yellow pony with a radio chatting with a crimson pegasus... He even noticed two other griffins! Wow, those are probably the griffins that flew in on the ship! Grayson made a mental note to ask them about the ship.

Grayson walked to the end of the line, passing up the white and purple ponies. Pony pop? After a minute, it was finally his turn to order. "Hey, i'll just have a cup of decaf, and a chocolate chip muffin."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst waiting, she did notice the huge pegasus and the griffin that swanned into the cafe with a slightly perked brow under her muddied forelock. Tired interest shifted, if for a brief moment as she waited with semi-patience to be seen too. She often passed the place and visited only for a quick bite and a sip of coffee to perk her up for the day.

Today she was so done in, she just needed to rest.

She just never realised the place attracted this big a crowd, neither did she think it attracted anypony that looked to not be from around the area.

Oh well. It was good business she supposed.

Taking in the alluring smell of the baked goods sat safely within their glass prison she rested one muddy hoof accidentally on the counter to keep herself propped, not noticing the looks of some of the ponies, or the kind natured smirks. She didn't honestly care either way. Well...that was a lie, she -cared- if people didn't mind she was messy. It would've been a first.

Licking her chops as she eye'd a particularly tasty looking cinnamon roll, she lifted the hoof to 'cup' around her mouth as she called out over the din of the crowd.

"Can I get a cinnamon roll with that coffee, Mocha!?" She was hopeful, the least she could do was -ask- and she continued to lick her muzzle in anticipation as she eye'd the glistening pastrie.

Satchel noticed the muddy pony as she strode in, and glanced at his own feet, shuffling to hide them under the table. He made a mental note to find a hose or something nearby, long distances had a tendency to create dusty hooves and the last thing he wanted was to be known for leaving hoofprints behind.

He reached down and rummaged through his pack, drawing out a notepad and a pencil, and alongside it, the source of the clatter. While waiting his turn to be served, he set an unusually shaped and chipped plate on the table in front of him, and his notepad beside. The plate bore a stylized fleur-de-lis, set in a mosaic pattern inside a much chipped and care-worn ring of cinnamon-brown finish on the outer edge. From its appearance, he must have dug it up somewhere.

The stallion listened to the interplay of Neon Pop and her entourage (of one, but nonetheless!) and regarding her bright colors, picked up the pencil in his lips and wrote a few lines on the paper; (hurricane of color, rush me by, dazzle and sparkle, voice sweet as a sigh); then shook his head and erased that last part. "That sounds so cheesy."

'Um, No. The line is um, right over there.' The white filly said, gesturing with her hoof.

She seemed to cock her head ever so slightly as she looked up at Diomedes, a sort of quiet curiosity in her eyes. Dio managed an awkward smile. I guess three's a crowd?

'Ah, thanks,' Diomedes replied. 'I just didn't want to inadvertently cut you off.'

The big Pegasus gingerly slipped past Katniss and made his way to the counter. 'Can I get an apple muffin, please? And coffee, black.'

Sir Knightly was interested in talking to the big Pegasus since they both where bigger then the average Pegasus. He also knew Dubstep might want to talk to Neon Pop. So he would go talk to the Pegasus and tell Dubstep he should talk to a fellow artist. "Dubstep maybe you should go talk to Neon Pop it would be a good opportunity to get to know her and what kind of stuff she makes. And becoming pals would also be good so you can have a healthy competition since you will be competing with her in the town." He would go over to the Pegasus after he sees what his buddy would like to do.

"Hmm, that's a good idea eh" Dub send pondering, he hadn't thought about the fact that he'd be up against Neon for gigs in Ponyville, but that doesn't mean he can't try to be friends with her, getting up he walked over to where Neon and her fangirl was and said hello, "Hey there ladies, how's it goin, I'm Dubstep, it's an hounour to meet you Neon." Dub said with a smile, he hadn't ever been this close to someone famous, that he can recall anyway, most of his time was spent up behind his turntables, "So how's it goin', groovy I hope?"

Knightly smiled knowing he would do well. From what he got from talking with him the short time they were hanging out together he was a great stallion to get along with. Knightly got up from the table and went over to Diomedes to say hi. "Hello it seems us two are similar in a unique way from the regular ponies here." He didn't want to seem weird so he tried to act civil like he always had when talking to other ponies. He was a knight after all. He had to keep to the code to stay kind to the every day pony.

"Hello it seems us two are similar in a unique way from the regular ponies here."

Dio turned his head, coming face to face with a white Pegasus close to his height, but not quite as muscled. The Pegasus was young, just barely a stallion, but possessed a look of enthusiasm not unlike many of the other Pegasus Dio had met in his travels. If there was one thing about the Pegasus as a species, it was their desire to live life with gusto, never settling down for even a moment; as if doing so would dampen their very life force.

Dio checked his dispatch gem again. It was still the dormant jade color that he wanted it to be and there was still quite some time before he had to be at the office. I suppose I could sit down for a chat once the barista brings breakfast?

"Diomedes Ironwing," the red pegasus began, nodding in greeting, "I don't believe we've met. I'm interested in hearing how you think we're so similar from just a chance meeting."

As he spoke, he caught a yellow unicorn walking up to Neon Pop and introducing himself. He caught a name, "Dubstep." It's getting crowded up here. Dio once again rapped his hoof on the floor of the café, trying to gain the attention of the small herd that had suddenly gathered around Neon.

"Fillies, gentlecolts," he began. "I believe we're blocking traffic. But I have a table reserved, so as soon as I get my order, I'll be heading right back over there."

Dio motioned with his head to the table on which his saddlebags rested.

"You're welcome to join me," he said to Knightly. "As are your unicorn friend and Miss Neon Pop."

"By the way, I never caught your name."

Knightly bowed to the Pegasus. "My name is Sir Knightly a knight from Canterlot but also more importantly a wanderer. And I would be delighted to join you at your table." He definitely would like to talk but he did notice the traffic they where blocking. He didn't want to be in the way of anyone trying to get there order. "I will meet you over there I will go get my friend and Miss Neon Pop." Knightly went over towards Dubstep and Neon Pop and he hoped he wasn't disturbing anything important that they where talking about. Knightly went over and bowed to Neon Pop. "Miss I hope I wasn't interrupting anything I just wanted to off to come over with me and my friend here Dubstep to go over to a generous Stallions table. I just met and he offered."

neonlivefroum.png

·.·• Neon Pop •Ã‚·.·

"I know, Pony Pop! And I would love to see what kind of lyrics you come up with! If I like 'em I'll use 'em and give you credit!" Neon said to Kat as she gave her a wink that was hidden behind the sunglasses. As the beat and lyrics started to flow into her head, ponies and creatures from all around poured in through the doors, and seeing that the two mare's running the place, Neon held her hoof up to Tang and smiled kindly. "I'll let you work! Thank you for the drink!" Pop stepped to the side to let the others over so they could place their orders with Mocha and Tang. It was good to see they got good business here, it was not only good for their business, but for their customers, since, well, after all, it allowed ponies and creatures to mingle about and get to know one another. Who knew, a life long friend or partner could be met here.

"Excuse me, ladies," Diomedes asked, "Is this the line for the counter?"

Pops looked up in near owe at the size of the pegasus, visibly showing her jaw drop, before closing and glancing back to Kat.

"Um, No. The line is um, right over there." She pointed with her hoof to the cash register.

'Ah, thanks,' Diomedes replied. 'I just didn't want to inadvertently cut you off.'

"Ya didn't cut us off! No worries!" Neon chimed as she watched the stallion go to order his food. "Wow, they're packed today, thats for sure. I wonder if this place is always off the hook like this? Maybe I should do a few songs here for her customers sometimes... Get her more business too..." Course the talk was mostly to herself, she was after all, thinking out loud. She trotted off to a table not too face, calling Kat to follow and perhaps join her, the fruity smoothie floating behind her gracefully. Pop dusted off a seat with her tail, lifted her rear and plopped it down, resting her front hoofs on the table and letting her drink float into her grasp before sipping. Though as she took the time to enjoy herself, there on the table, a quill jotted away at what lyrics were coming to her head, even if they didn't make sense, she's make sense of them later, and soon...

"Hey there ladies, how's it goin, I'm Dubstep, it's an hounour to meet you Neon. So how's it goin', groovy I hope?" Rang Dubsteps voice.

Pop looked up to him and her eyes fluttered a bit. Dubstep was talking to her? Oh joy! "Dub! Yes of course! I know who you are! My manager has been mentioning you, a 'bright new dj who can add a spin to your lyrics!' So he says anyway." Neon let out a cute giggle, pressing her hoof to her mouth and smiled shyly. "But I would say its goin' pretty groovy! Have you tried this drink? Its delicious." Though Pop didn't get to hear much of a reply to him as a friend of Deb approached them now, and soon offered for them to sit with the rather large pegasus. Her neon orange eyes blinked and she looked to Kat curiously.

"Well, I think thats up to my friend here! Kat, how do ya feel about sittin' over there with the stallion? Ya have anywhere you need to be?" There was a kind smile to the mare, and a swish of Pops neon tail as she waited for that answer.

Carrot Fields had a plan, well really more just an idea.  He needed to generate business, after all what good is a farm if no one buys your crop, and how can they buy your crop if they don't know who you are.  Thus the idea of offering a gift basket of carrots to the various food merchants in Ponyville, a nice way to let them know about the newest farmer in town and hopefully, just hopefully create a customer base.

He decided to try that new looking cafe near the center of town; it looked busy, which of course meant it needed a lot of food supplies for the daily food.  Cafes have muffins after all, and one of Carrot's favorite among those were the carrot muffins.  Maybe he could persuade them to make a regular order to fill their need for carrots!  It certain couldn't hurt to try - and besides, he was already very hungry...

Carrot unhooked himself from the cart he was pulling along and stretched, cracking his back before he picked out the top basket of fresh carrots with his teeth.  He approached the front door and hesitated, taking a deep breath to steady himself.  He wasn't the salespony his father was, nor was he as enthusiastic about carrots as the rest of his clan.  Still, he was here, and it wasn't like he hadn't done this before, when his dad sent him in with baskets of carrots to charm the business owners.

Carrot walked in from the bright sunlight into the dark interior and paused once more, quickly blinking his eyes to become used to the much dimmer lighting.  Even before his eyes adjusted, he could hear the murmur and hubbub of the cafe.  The place was quite busy with a large variety of customers - earth ponies, unicorns, pegasai - one pegasus was especially large - and even a griffon, which was a surprise to see.

He looked ahead and walked towards the counter, hoping to not look too odd holding a basket of carrots in his mouth, and waited patiently if a bit nervously for his turn in line.  When it was finally his turn, he put down the basket, and merrily greet Mocha with, "Bonnie day innit?  Bonnie day fir a free sample, too!  New farm here in town, glad tae offer ye a sample!  We'd love tae have yer business!  An' while Oi'm here, Oi'll be gald tae order a muffin, me belly t'inks me t'roat's bin cut!"

"I know, Pony Pop! And I would love to see what kind of lyrics you come up with! If I like 'em I'll use 'em and give you credit!"

"Oh, um, alright!" Now's your chance! This could be your big break!

"Hey there ladies, how's it goin, I'm Dubstep, it's an honour to meet you Neon. So how's it goin', groovy I hope?" A yellow pony said from behind them. DUBSTEP. Kat turned around to greet him. "Dubstep?" He looked exactly like he did in the magazines that tried to get his name out there. "Um, wow. Neon and Dj Neighsay? If this is a dream, do NOT wake me up!" Kat laughed. "Oh yeah, um, you can just call me Kat." The smile on her face from meeting Neon was even bigger.

"Miss I hope I wasn't interrupting anything I just wanted to off to come over with me and my friend here Dubstep to go over to a generous Stallions table. I just met and he offered."

"Well, I think thats up to my friend here! Kat, how do ya feel about sittin' over there with the stallion? Ya have anywhere you need to be?"

"Um, well..." Yeah, it's not a huge deal if i'm late anyways. "Sure! I don't have anything important to do. Let's go!"

[[ UPDATE: LOCKING THREAD! ]]

[[ Sorry to let you guys down, but my Mocha Delight and Citrus Tang characters are about to go under a very big background revision. So the current standards for the cafe sop here will be out-dated and not correct. Mocha has been in ponyville for several years now so she isn't a "new cafe shop" like we've been playing here. I'm just letting you all know in case you wanna carry away your RP's some where else. Sorry again bronies! ]]