[Shop] Cafe Delights[ENDED]

Tam

"Huh, oh that's right!" Dub said snapping out of his thoughts of delicious blueberries, "Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot heh." he laughed to himself, walking politely over to the table where the Mayor had sat herself, enjoying her tea, Dub came over and spoke to her, "Excuse me madame, I hate to bother you while you're relaxing, but my name is Dubstep, I just got to town a little bit ago from Fillydelphia and I thought you'd be the best pony to ask about what kind of concerts and musical events happen around town." he said with a smile, "See, I'm a DJ and I was hoping to find out what kind of work there would be around here for me and if there were and houses for sale."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thankee, Miss Katniss. If you or your friends need passage or need something shipped, we'll be in town for about a week." the captain said as Tiny came back with their coffee and sat down.

"Cor, Cap'n." the young griffon whispered. "Some of these ponies are blasted colorful. Can't be natural, I tell ya. Who's born with neon hair?"

"Quiet, boy, and enjoy your coffee." The captain grinned, rapping him playfully on the head. "They're our potential customers, so don't go about makin' comments about them and carrying on. I know this is your first time out of Talonopolis, but staring is rude in these parts."

"It was very nice to meet you, Captain Fidley." Kat said, as another griffin walked to the table carrying their coffee. "I'd love to stay and chat, but i should be heading to class pretty soon, and i've still got a full cappuccino. It was nice talking with you!"

Well, that went better than expected. she thought to herself. Kat was headed back to her table, when she noticed a bright yellow pony in the corner of her eye. Is that... she thought. No, it can't be! DJ Neighsay HERE, in PONYVILLE? She looked over at the pony. In the name of Princess Celestia! it is DJ Neighsay! But he's talking with the mayor... wow, a captain, the mayor, DJ Neighsay... OHMYGOSHNEONPOPISHERETOO.

Kat felt like she would pass out. DJ Neighsay by himself is one thing, but Neon Pop AND DJ Neighsay? That's a whole other story. She wasn't even with anybody either! Kat quickly set her cappuccino on the table, and approached Neon pop. You know what? i don't really care if i'm late to class anymore.

"Um, excuse me, Neon Pop?"

The mayor paused in drinking her tea when she was approached by the colt, leaving her mug on the table as she listened. "Oh, hello! Concerts? she asked before thinking to herself, rubbing her 'chin' with a hoof as she pondered a bit on it. "Well, we have public spaces that a pony can book with the city if there are orchestras or groups who want to perform, but the only time the city will officially book a musical event is if we need live musicians for, say, the Galloping Gala or another festivity of sorts." She herself wasn't the most modern of ponies, often listening to jazz or classical rather than anything that the fillies and younger ponies enjoyed. "Yes, we do have houses for sale that you can look up with some of my assistants, but I can't say we have any official positions for a DJ – least until I need to start planning for a big event or festival. I recommend just making a name for yourself in town and you'll easily find work." She gave a sad smile with her advice, unsure what more she could do for the up-and-coming DJ.

"Ahh I see." Dub said smiling as the Mayor explained "Alright groovy, I'll have to do that, thanks so much for your time, I'll let you get back to your tea now, have a great day!" he said with a polite bow before he started back over to Knightly, as he was walking over to his friend, out of the corner of his eye he saw a Unicorn with teal and pink hair, 'Is that?....Nah couldn't be...could it?' he thought to him self as he made his way back to the counter to pay for his order.

((ooc- omfg sorry everyone!! i was at work! OTL))

"Ohhh! Gallopocous Islands huh? I have a summer home up there, its awfully nice there when its hot. But I must agree, they have the best bananas!" Neon said with a smile as she propped those glasses of her back onto her nose and hoofed the cold delight, looking it over carefully. "Wow! This has to be the more colorful smoothie I think I've ever had. I live in Ponyville, how did I not hear of this place?" Course that was mostly meant for herself, Neon did have a habit of talking to herself, though when the topic of paying came up, she paused before tasting and nodded. "Right! I almost totally forgot, suuuuuch a space case, sorry~" Pop mused, reaching to her little purse and pulling out the three bits she owed. "Here ya go! Thanks so much for this!"

However, she was pretty much clueless to the eyes starting to recognized that neon hair and markings of hers, and just as she was about to take a sip from her smoothie, Kat strolled up and actually called her by name. This was common for her, so she wasn't at all surprised, at this point in her career, at least one pony would know who she was, so with a big smile, her horn glowed a bright pink as well as the drink, and before she knew it, the smoothie was suspended in the air, shimmering and flashing lightly as if it was part of Neon's light show. "Yes! Whats up, pony pop?" Pony pop, it was a name she used for all the fans that recognized her, just a cute endearing name. Though under those ever popular sunglasses of hers, those heavy lashed eyes fluttered sweetly.

She... She just called you Pony Pop!

"Um, hi!" Like she did when she confronted the griffin, Kat started to stutter and stammer again. "Could you um, sign something for me, please?" She waited for a second to sign what Kat wanted her to sign, before realizing it was in her saddlebags. "Uh, sorry! It's in my saddlebag." You're stupid! You're in front of your favorite artist! Don't embarrass yourself! Kat handed Neon a record of her first album, still intact on the cover, hardly any marks or scratches. "I um, got this years ago. I use it to practice my um, singing voice after school. I um, even made some covers of your, um songs!"

Kats stuttering didn't bother Neon, not in the least. She knew the most out going pony tended to do just that some times when their favorite star was two feet from her, and to be honest, Neon still did that with her favorites! "My first album! Oh man, it still surprises me to see ponies carrying that damn thing around! Alright, let me get... myyy... marker!!" Neon sad as she fumbled about her bag and pulled out a neon teal permanent marker. The pen glowed as well, lifting from her mouth and uncapped itself, pressing the felt tip to the album case, and in no time it was signed with a quickly drawn lightening bolt.

"There ya go! Now let that dry before ya put that in your case, mmk? Oh! And hey, you sing? Thats great! Don't ever, ever stop, and practice every day! Also drink lots of water, keep that throat hydrated." Pops advised, pressing her hoof gently to Kats throat before pressing it to her mouth and giggling. "Don't give up on your dream. Then again, listen to me spout off sill nonsense!"

Neon Pop bobbed her rear a bit in small dance before giggling and pointing to Katness. "I don't think I got your name, Pony Pop!"

"Yeah, It's a um, rather prized possession. It's one of my favorites too!" Kat responded to her idol. As Neon signed that album with the lightning bolt, she had smile that reached almost from ear to ear. "Yes, i um, do sing! It's nowhere as good as you, though. And thank you so much for the advice!" Kat giggled back when Neon put her hoof on her throat. "Again, thank you so much! It's not nonsense. It's actually rather um, inspirational when you say it!"

"I don't think I got your name, Pony Pop!" Neon replied.

"Um, my name's Katniss, but you can um, just call me Kat!"

MochaDelightpost.png

Mocha nodded to the two stallions. "Two specials coming right up." She said turning back to give the mix a fresh blend. Taking out two dark blue mugs she poured in the soft creamy colors into the mug as steam lifted into the air, "Now for the whipped cream~" She said hovering a large spoon into the air and taking a scoop of the thick rich cream on top of both beverages. Taking both of the drinks to the counter top where the boys stood she set it them down as she leaned down to nudge the glass doors open to the snack case and used her magic to hover our two of the cool blue berry muffins. She could see from the case as the purple unicorn from earlier tripped and fell crushing the muffin he had ordered. With a look of concern she thought to herself a moment and smiled taking out another muffin, this time a warm chocolate chip one. Setting all of the muffins on the counter she looked at the two stallions, "That will be three bits each please. And sir can you hand this special muffin to the unicorn there?" She pointed a hoof to Bramble. "It's on the house." She winked and smiled, hoping he wasn't to upset. She had a lot of re-organizing to get done here at the shop before she could open up for applications to work here, but she would keep in mind of the little unicorn.

CitrusTangHeaderpost3.png

Tang smiled brightly as she hoofed over the bits, "I'm really glad you like it." she answered back, "I like to make them look as pretty as they taste. Each is a work of art, only better cause you can taste it." She giggled a bit as her mood picked up a good deal more. Talking about drinks always made her feel better for some reason. "Neon pop...?" She blinked as the other little filly came up to the unicorn over the counter, "Oh? The Neon Pop? That's really neat. I have a lot of your music on my iHoof!" she smiled, "Thanks for making such nice music." she said to openly thank her while inserting herself in their conversation a bit, she wasn't a huge fan girl or anything. She had trouble getting excited over other ponies, but whenever she was really upset or frustrated she would just listen to faceless music and nameless voices. She normally didn't seek out the ponies behind the art. So it was sort of a new experience to see one of the artists right here in this little town cafe. And she even got to serve her a signature smoothie! Tang beamed with pride as she pushed off from the counter and picked up the blender glass to start rinsing it out while Kat and Neon spoke.

Knightly looked over to the owner of the cafe now offering Bramble rose a chocolate chip muffin to him for free. "Oh thank you that's very kind of you."Knightly went up to the counter and put down 6 bits paying for him and Dubsteps order as well. "Dont worry Dubstep I'll pay for you order too." Knightly first picked up the chocolate chip muffin and went over to Bramble Rose with it. "Here you go here's a new fresh muffin for you the owner said its on the house." Knightly held out the muffin to the colt.

Bramble Rose lifted up a napkin to wipe off his face, trying to collect the crumbs of his crushed muffin nice and neat. He smiled a bit at the kindness of Sir Knightly and of Mocha, ducking his head. "Thank you, then, and you are truly too kind, both of you. I am Bramble Rose, but you can just call me Bramble if you like."

He set the muffin down on the table, smiling politely to Sir Knightly, and looked around. There had to be something he could do for this kindness... the flowers. The cafe had flower displays ... he lowered his head, his purple horn glowing a soft green color. The flowers swelled with renewed life, the blossoms growing just a little larger and more full, the colors becoming just a little more vibrant ... and they wouldn't start to wilt for days. He lifted his head, leaning forward to give a small *sniff* to the damp floral scent coming from the enriched blossoms.

"You have a beautiful cafe," he says to Mocha. "It matches your beautiful spirit." Then he blushed at saying something so corny, ducking his head and quickly turning back to Sir Knightly. "A pleasure to meet you, Sir Knightly. I've seen knights passing in the streets of Canterlot all my life, but I've never actually met one! I'm very honored, and your generosity speaks of the truth of the knight's code."

As Dub walked back to the counter Knightly payed for his order, "Hey thanks man, you didn't have to do that." he said smiling to his friend who was taking the extra muffin over to Bramble, who had a few moments later, cast a spell that made the flowers of shop burst with renewed vigor, the smell of the flowers along with the coffees and teas and muffins was divine, Dubstep smiled to himself, the magic had reminded him of his mother's flower shop, "Ahh, the coffee smells groovy, thanks much." he said nodding to the owner with a smile as he levitated it and his muffin over to the nearby table to enjoy, 'Mmm this is real good' Dub thought to him self as he took a bite of the muffin, overhearing a conversation a few tables away, Dub glanced over to see what was up, 'Huh, well whaddya know, it IS Neon Pop, how groovy!' he smiled to himself, watching the one called Kat getting her album, 'Wonder what she's up to in Ponyville' Dub pondered as he turned back to his coffee, "Ahhhh" he sighed after taking a good swig of the delightfully aromatic blend, 'Mmm, I'll have to remember this place.' Dub smiled to himself, watching all the ponies pass by outside on their way to work or school or play, pulling his headphones out of his pack Dub decided to listen to the radio to see if he could catch any new songs that he'd like to remix.

Knightly bowed to the colt. "I thank you for the complement. I'm just trying to do my knightly duty. You did a wonderful job with the flowers it was a great thing to do." Knightly smiled at Bramble. "I must leave you for now honorable colt." He bowed to him again and then went to the counter to get his coffee and muffin. He carried the muffin in the sack he had on him and carried the mug with one of his hooves. He went over to sit with Dubstep. "Don't worry about the payment it was no problem." Knightly smiled before taking a sip from his coffee and setting down his muffin on the table in front of him.

"Kat, huh? Boy thats got some spunk to it!" Neon said as she clopped her hooves on the floor excitedly. Neon wiggled her rear again in a small bit of dancing before she happily looked to Tang. "Yep, thats me! The Neon Pop! But really, you don't have to thank me for making music! I should be thanking you for listening!" It was true, the only pony here that should be thanked are her fans, even if they just simply listened to her stuff. Though the pony's eyes looked about as the flowers in the cafe burst into bloom, how cute! It certainly brought a smile on her face.

That reminded her! She just had to taste this smoothie that Citrus Tang made, and sure enough it floated over to her mouth, and she sipped ever so politely from the straw. As the flavor rolled over her tongue her eyes slowly started to widen as every bit of the orange and banana flowed into her mouth. One sip, two sips, three sips, Neon was finding it hard to stop! When she did, she stamped her hooves on the floor lightly. "Oh pony!! This is brilliant!! The texture, the taste, the chill! Hey, pony, what's your name?" Neon asked looking to Citrus Tang with wide eyes, though they were hidden behind the sunglasses, and quickly the lyrics started to flow to her, and her sweet voice started to ring out.

"Your kisses are like orange tang, make me pucker, make me sang! Oh yes! I should right this down, Kat! Ya have paper and a quill, Pony Pop?" it seemed inspiration struck her and she couldn't help but hum the uppity beat as she swayed her hips.

As the door opened to let ponies out of the street, there's a moist clop of hooves as a cream coloured filly made her way into the sweet aired Cafe, trailing her muck in after her. MudBug had apparently been working, again, there were clumps of grass sticking out of the mud that clung to her hooves and probably staining the floor as she made her way in with her bag of bits sitting by the string around her neck. And once again, unaware of her own mess as she leisurely clopped her way to the counter.

"Hey, Mocha!" She barked merrily once she got to the counter and smiled, eyes sunken in to the point of bags sitting heavily beneath her usually bright orbs, yawning with a slight obnoxiousness she forced a tired smile to her muzzle. "How about brewing up a fresh cuppa joe, huh? I've been working since sunrise."

Sunrise, urgh, ponies should get exiled for EVER asking someone to work at sunrise. Resting her bag gently on the counter she counted over the bits whilst relishing the soft squish under her feet, she did love mud, it stuck with you for a long time before drying up and made a hot, sunny day that much easier to endure. Granted at the moment she had no idea if people were glaring into the back of her head for hauling half the field in with her alone in her tail and on her cloppers.

Bramble holds the door for Mudbug on his way out, smiling to her and nodding his head, completely unaware of how many crumbs were still making his face a mess, or how much hay was stuck to his coat from his tumble. He glanced back at her as she passed him, then he pranced out happily into the street. He was gonna like it here.

"Ya have paper and a quill, Pony Pop?" Neon asked.

"Um, Yes!" Kat replied. She pulled out a pad of paper and an ink well with a quill tied to it. "I'm um, glad to help!" She uncorked the inkwell with her teeth, and allowed Neon to use her magic to hold the items. As Neon wrote, the line down, Kat had an idea. No, don't ask her that! She'll think think you're some sort of crazy fangirl! Well, what's the worst that can happen?

"Hey, um, Neon? I'd be happy to help you in any way if you um, need to." Idiot! You made it sounds like she isn't good at this! "Um, i don't mean you're bad at this, i um, just want to um, help." Kat gave a nervous laugh, and just hoped that neon didn't hate her now.

A nice breeze blew into the cafe as another pony walked in, this one was rather muddy and looked like she had been working for hours, her hooves were covered in dirt and grass, Dub couldn't help but chuckle a bit, since it reminded him of helping his mom in her flower shop.

Finishing off his muffin, Dub began flipping through the stations on his radio, coming to the pop station, he stopped to see what would be on next, sure enough it was one of Neon Pop's songs, the beat in her songs were always nice, 'Hmm, maybe I should make a remix of this~' he thought to him self, while listening to the song, he couldn't help but subconsciously bob his head, Neon's songs were always so catchy, the rhythm and tones blended so well, Dub didn't even notice that he began to sing along, he was a good singer, but always found more joy in remixing other ponies songs, now and then he'd throw in his voice, but more often than not it was only a line or two.

Knightly saw Mudbug come in trailing mud as always. He couldn't help but laugh. "Hehe she always trails some mud behind her the silly filly." He's seen her working and get so dirty. She would never wash it off but he guessed that she enjoyed the mud on her. He wasn't going to discriminate for something some other pony liked. Then Knightly started listening to Dubs radio as Neon pops song come on it. He couldn't resist to bop his head. He wasn't to big into music but he did enjoy and appreciate it. "So does she give you inspiration sometimes or are you a fan."

It seemed that ponies from all over seemed to be magnetically attracted to Cafe Delight, and of course, Satchel was no different. His head held high, hooves clattering on the street as he followed the aroma of fresh-baked goods, the khaki pony soon zeroed in on its source. Though he was only seconds behind the last pony to enter the shop, he certainly didn't dawdle long outside. Not when there were fresh goods to be sampled! His stomach rumbled as it anticipated being filled with something warm and delicious, and he licked his lips.

The door chimed as yet another pony entered the shop, and Satchel paused just inside the door to take in the sight of so many ponies already present. "Wow, must be a popular spot. I think I certainly picked well today!" after a quick scan, and a momentary start as he realized he was blocking the doorway, he entered and moved towards the nearest empty place he could find. Of course, having a lack of telekinesis magic made it more difficult to manipulate the menu, but having good eyes was definitely an asset. After a quick scan of the one closest to him, he decided he was going to have exactly whatever was fresh and new coming out of the oven. That was always the best way to try something new, of course! And as for a beverage...well, he'd have to see what was on special.

Satchel waited for the barista to be available before he placed his order, setting his ever-present bag beside him. Something inside clattered, and he appeared concerned for a moment at the sound. A quick check verified the contents were okay, and he nudged the bag closer to him to ensure nopony would trip over it.

Even from altitude, the bulbous silhouette of the airship loomed large over the hamlet of Ponyville. Diomedes Ironwing delicately flicked his flight feathers and banked left, making a slow orbit of the village and the massive ship that hovered over it. It was definitely Griffon in design; decidedly brutish, painfully utilitarian, and with almost no eye for aesthetics. The Pegasus had been to the Griffon lands many times before on dispatch, but he'd never been this close to one of their lumbering dirigibles before. Still, it was a remarkable piece of engineering and Diomedes wasn't about to knock anypony who could make one of those things fly.

The carnelian Pegasus dropped into a slow spiral that brought him down to the town square, where the metal beast almost seemed to strain at its moorings. Diomedes flared his massive wings and flapped several times to cut his airspeed until he could safely touch down on the cobblestone just outside the mayor's office, kicking up a small dust devil in the process. As he folded his wings to his back, over top his load-carrying harness and saddlebags, Diomedes stifled a yawn with a free hoof.

The last dispatch to Canterlot had been a long haul. The business-pony he had delivered the registered letter to was none too happy to receive it. It was all Diomedes could do to get him to sign the verification documents so that the courier could finally get moving. What was his name again? Hot Toddy? Hoity-Toity?

Dio shrugged and started walking. Though it was still early in the morning, Ponyville was very much alive. Vendors hocked their wares at their stands, parents ushered their children to school, artisans hurried to their shops, and a few ponies stopped in the street to gawk at the massive airship moored over the center of town.

Breakfast sounded like a good idea. He had an hour and a half to kill before he had to report back to the post office. If they really needed him before that, they would page him. Dio looked down at the polished mana gem embedded in his saddlebag harness. It was a muted jade color and remained silent, indicating that he was free to do as he pleased for the moment.

But breakfast. Where to get breakfast? Dio's ears perked up as he heard the excited clamoring of local ponies and smelled the smell of freshly ground coffee.

The Café Delights? Must have opened up while I was running diplomatic dispatches between Canterlot and Talonopolis. I could really go for a muffin right now.

As good as coffee and a muffin sounded, there seemed to be quite the line at the café. Dio snorted.

Ah, what the hay. I'll bite. He thought as he nosed open the door, being careful to duck his head underneath the door frame. One of the drawbacks to his large frame was the constant need to avoid colliding with objects designed for smaller ponies. As Diomedes entered the café, the delicious smell of coffee beans and baked goods was nearly overwhelming. The Pegasus smiled as he picked out a table, unclasping his saddlebags and depositing them near one of the piles of hay that served as seats. He noted the two griffons seated at a neighboring table and made a mental note to ask about the ship later. A muffin and coffee took priority at the moment.

Diomedes made his way to the counter, carefully navigating between tables, but stopping behind two ponies excitedly chatting away just in front of the counter. One he didn't recognize. She was a younger filly with white hair and a silver mane and rather short (compared to Dio at least); fairly easy to miss in a crowd. The unicorn, however, would have stood out from a mile away with her purple pelt and many-colored neon-bright hair. Diomedes chuckled to himself. It had to be Neon Pop. Her songs were all the rage in Canterlot clubs and Jade at the Canterlot dispatch office would not stop talking about her new album that was due out soon. He just hadn't realized she was based in Ponyville.

Diomedes lightly rapped his hoof on the floor near Neon Pop.

'Excuse me, ladies,' he asked. 'Is this the line for the counter?'

Knightly noticed the big Pegasus that just came into the cafe. He was interested because he was taller then the regular Pegasus. Which he wasn't either but he hasn't seen much other Pegasus that where bigger then normal. He was relieved though that he knew there where other Pegasus that where bigger like him. "Hmm thats interesting."

(Sorry not to long right now writers block ;) )

Taking another swig of his drink Dub let out a sigh, "Mmm, good stuff." he chuckled, "Wel,l I do enjoy her music, haven't gotten around to making an mixes though, not sure why, they're really good, I might have to put one or two of em in my next remix!" Dub nodded smiling as the song finished, soon a rather large Pegasus came into the cafe, trying his best not to stare Dub turned back to his coffee to try to think on how to best remix Neon's song, should it be mash-up with another song or should it just be a solid remix, he pondered to himself, looking over to where Neon Pop was talking with a fan, he couldn't help but wonder if he had any fans out there yet, not thinking on how many clubs he's played in back in Fillydelphia.