Official Discussion Thread - S056E3 The Gift of the Maud Pie

Maud and Pinkie

Wearable and edible!

Another week and another episode with the adorable ponies we all love.  This time we get a Rarity-Pinkie Pie episode! :smirk:;)  Have we ever had an episode featuring those two together before?  Also as one may have guessed from the picture above this episode features the return of the master of the deadpan, Maud Pie. Will Rarity use her powers of fabulousness to help Pinkie in her quest?  Will Maud crack a smile? Tune in to find out!  The episode airs Saturday 11:30 AM EST on April 2nd! :)<3

This thread is dedicated to discussing the episode before, during, and afterwards. As the thread is now open it may indeed contain spoilers. I ask that potential spoilers talked about or shown before the episode airs stay within the spoiler tags please, after the episode you no longer have to use the spoiler tags, but warning, if you haven't seen the episode yet after it airs, this thread no doubt will have all sorts of spoilers in reviews, images, etc. So tread at your own risk. :)

Also will see about adding links to videos of the episode when they are available.

This one was really good. Then again, with Maud and Rarity there was no way I wasn't going to love this one, was there?

Highlights for me were Rarity's Pinkie impression and Maud's wonderful use of intimidation.

Yeah, that was a fantastic episode, Maud ALWAYS brings a smile to my face...and with Rarity/Pinkie dynamics, this was never going to lose.
Season 6 is starting off just fine, and I'm quite eager for whatever they toss at us nexy! ^-^

Honestly... there's not much for me to say about this episode... however...

Unlike before, this shouldn't be as bad as my previous thoughts were.  :unsure:

Either way everyone should know the drill by now.

Spoiler

THANK GO. THOUSANDS OF TIMES BETTER THAN THE PREMIER.

PINKIE ANTICS.

MAUD ALWAYS MAKES EPISODES AMAZING.

Plus Rarity had her funny moments as well.

Pinkie's sacrifice for Maud actually made me a little sad... :sad:

The moral/lesson was a little on the 'obvious' side (gifts being more about love than being amazing) but that really didn't matter to me.

MAUD IS GOOD AT EVERYTHING. SERIOUSLY.

She can guilt-trip people into reveal stuff to her and can get items back with her Maud-ness? I don't know but she's AMAZING. :lol:

SO MUCH BETTER THAN PREMIER.

AMAZING episode.

My fandom status has been reinvigorated once again!!

If they can continue episodes like this, I won't leave the fandom. :)

So... there you go. :unsure:

This is definitely one of my favorite episodes ever. Just a perfect combination of characters that were all written beautifully! They played off each other so well and the ending was heartwarming just like every Maud/Pinkie episode tends to be. I just love them! It was great seeing more of Manehatten too and Rarity was amazing as usual. I will be re-watching this one quite often. <3

Great episode! 

I must admit I don't think I saw a Pinkie Pie/ Rarity episode before in the show, and this one is fun. 

Spoiler
  • Rarity imitating Pinkie Pie! 
  • Maud - love how perfectly she balances Pinkie. 
  • All the interesting background ponies, including a Steve Martin/ John Candy "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" shout out.
  • A clear map of Manehattan and added lore. 
  • An interesting twist on The Gift of the Magi which this episode is based on. 
  • Rarity freaking out after literally throwing every gift (including the Twicane and a stuffed shark?) at Maud only for her to examine a fissure in the ground! 
  • Pinkie mentioning swan boats and trying to ride real swans. 
  • Maud using The Stare? 

I see this definitely being one of the best episodes of the season. 

I enjoyed it all. Very cute episode...And one thing I really liked for some reason..

While Ponyville either ignore or enjoy Pinky's antics, most in the city were kind of...disturbed by her...The looks on their faces...The need to get their kids away from her..And even getting a cop on her..

One thing I would like...Maybe for someone to call her out when she gets a little too goofy and possibly injuries others in the process..Like in the bit where she pushes the two ponies playing on the oversized keyboard (Which was a reference to the movie BIG)..It would have been nice if someone said HEY! QUIT IT. Since she tends to ignore those she runs over..

Archived