> Thorenthal: Introduce yourself.

Thorenthal

Good day, Canterlot! I am Thorenthal, but you may shorten it however you please!(Most popular are "Thor" and "Thoren." Sometimes "Thorn." :P) The name has a bit of a history behind it, but I think I'll save that for another post!

Weird monikers aside, I'm an almost-twenty-year-old about to tackle two separate worlds: medicine, and the Japanese language. The former in which I aim to earn some starting income as a phlebotomist, and the latter is for what I'd like to do in the next five or so years, which is participating in the JET Programme. I learned that it is an option to teach English in Japan without knowing a word of Japanese, but I feel like I would be doing a great disservice to the Japanese people, their students, and myself if I simply blunder into their country without studying their language first. My progress to such a goal being that I have both alphabets memorized, and up to 400 kanji characters(not their readings, though... but that will come later!). Just exactly 1,800 more until I'll be fully literate!

Of course, that's all fine and dandy, but it kinda deviates from what really matters to all of us here, right? That's right. We're diving straight into ponies. c;

Here's the big truth regarding myself and ponies: I have been a part of this fandom since 2011. For five years and counting, I have made Twilight Sparkle, her friends, and their adventures and lessons a part of my life. Admittedly, it all started with the piquing of curiosity at around the time Friendship is Magic started becoming increasingly popular among the incredibly diverse audience that is the brony community. I found it amazing that a show expanded so far beyond its intended demographic; I simply needed to know what all the fuss was about. So, it all started with the watching of the first episode...

And I will never regret doing so for as long as I live.

It was blatantly obvious to me as to why anyone could like the show, so it was fairly easy for me to tune into the show regularly like anyone else. Of course, it was a bit of an adjustment for me, but it wasn't until I actually made some local brony friends, and even got my parents into it, that I realized that I didn't need to be even remotely insecure about the things I enjoy. Now I enjoy the show and all that the fandom has to offer very openly, and I continue to love all of the things that the community has produced.

That and I tend to be an avid roleplayer from time to time, and so I sought an outlet for all the creativity that I had stored up over the years... Thus, the discovery of this website. I've wanted to contribute to the community like everyone else, even if it's simply to offer anyone here the opportunity to share in the experience of putting our own spin on the source material that we thoroughly enjoy.

With that, I'll wrap this up by saying that I really do look forward to meeting, interacting, and roleplaying with all of you! Though be warned: some of my roleplay posts are about as big as this one! Just putting that out there. Anyway, again, I look forward to fun times to be had, and I can't wait to hear from you soon!

Hello and Welcome to this forum. Please enjoy your stay here. Keep up with the show if you can, as S6 has begun. I hope you'll enjoy all the RP's on here too.

:smirk:

Also... apparently I'm the 'controversial' member. :unsure:

I noticed at the time of registration that someone helped themselves to all the welcome cookies. Don't give the culprit too much heat, though. It just means that the baker did too good of a job making them. Right?

Right? ^^"

Anyway, thanks a ton for all the welcomes! But, I must confess that I feel challenged by LostSanity. The controversial member, hm? Shoot. It hasn't even been twelve hours and already there's a competition! We shall see who truly is the strangest of the bunch around here. ;P *May or may not be thinking of a human in Equestria thing*

Though, I'll settle for being the controversial sidekick... Hopefully that's not too immensely frightening! c:

Welcome!  I hope you have a lovely time here :)

((As for LS...well...I think he can very well prove to me most contraversial~  *hint*  ask him about the non-reformed character.))

Not to worry, there won't be anything coming between us and our good times! That was all meant in good humor anyway. I wouldn't dream of intentionally sparking up a silly ruckus... Okay, perhaps in roleplay, but not in real life! Anyway, with all I've seen so far of the website, I can say with certainty that I'll definitely have a lot of fun speaking and roleplaying with you guys! 

Again, thank you all so much for the welcome! It's been wonderful meeting you, and I'll see you all again very soon in the forums. For now, I'm signing off for the night. I'll see you tomorrow! :D

Go read my post in the Season 6 premier thread if you want an 'example'

Though then again maybe you shouldn't.

Up to you in the end.

It thought I replied to this ages ago, but it turns out I didn't. Whoops .3.

Okay, I give that intro a 10/10, but since when were ponies what's 'really important around here'? I'm far more interested in the interests we do not share! Medicine? I know nothing of this field, and would quite frankly like to know now so I'm not in the dark when all of my friends are like 'I'm gonna be taking a medicine course in college'. lol xP

Even so, it's cool getting some background to someone's fandom experience and whatever. 

One last thing... 'Controversial'. Around here, we just pretend we know what it means, but none of us really do~

So please enjoy your time spent here in Canterlot to the absolute fullest! ^w^

I wouldn't worry too much, Toothpaste. If anything, I'm shocked that people are still looking at this thing! I mean, yeah, it's awesome that people seem to like it, and I'm thankful that they do. But isn't it, like, old news now?

Well, whatever the case, thanks for the welcomes, you two! I feel that I can safely say I'm already pretty well on the way to enjoying every minute on this site. I already got a roleplay on in FFA, an established character sheet, got some spam out of me, and I spent 7 hours writing up a short fanfic in the Writing Discussion. It's going pretty good so far, and I just hope I can keep up the momentum during my time here!

But for now, I'll just keep surfing along, and will surely see all you beautiful sons-o'-guns again soon. ;3

Archived