S.S.D recon (private)

augercorn

saterday April 16 2016 

today most ponys were going thru the motions living there normal  peacefull life's. 

But for a small crew of elite warriors they had just gone they one of the hardest missions they ever had. It was a mess to organize and even worse to go thru. But somehow they made it the mission was a success. 

There location was just outside of a marine corp base named camp promenade. A large base near the border of the country of lailand and brutata 

Hm3 vitus"doc" Bearing, laid back in the helicopter he just finished dressing the wounded pony they had rescued from a prison.  The harsh light of the interior and cramped space, made him feel uncomfortable. Doc let out an exhausted sigh as he looked; they were almost at base, the prisoners would probably be pulled straigh out of here never to be seen again back home or to hospitals. He took off his bloody gloves and held on as the pilots called out a landing. 

The he chopter slowly descended. And in one glorious moment the mission was over. They were safe back at the base and there job was done. There was a huge hustle to get the prisoners out and proper medical care. Like a flood of ponies coming into the small space. But they the commotion some orders were made clear 

"doc, midnight and blackwing! Head to the s1 building for de-briefing!" 

Doc looked to his team. Midnight blossom. She reminded him of a wolverine. Small and cute but not something at all you wanted to be on the bad side of. This strange sniper had somehow made him fall completely head over heels in love with her. Not only was she one of the few ponies he really felt a deep connection with; some pony he could talk to about anything. But she was also someone he trusted intimitly, perhaps his feeling of the battlefield and bedroom mixing together?

And sgt Blackwing a kind of short griphon who was a bit of a conundrum.  Half the time he just wanted to sit down and try to chill out with him like a buddy the other ... Doc wanted to crush his skull. He had a very icy standoffish personality but on the field there was no one better to have on your side. 

Doc on stepped onto the solid dirt of the base and in an instant the temporary teammates who were chosen to help them were wheeled off. Probably to never see them again. Doc would of liked to give a proper goodbye but hat was usually how it was in the special forces community and why the recon marines were so close. Doc walked out of the crowd into the night he stopped by the aide station and dropped off his med bag. 

He walked into a dark corner of the base enjoying the privacy. He had a small amount of time before he would have to report. He sat on a bench gathering his thoughts, enjoying a small moment of peace.

A tiny blessing for one such as himself.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another botched up mission... Midnight stepped off the chopper, her anger at herself growing. It wasn't meant to be that sloppy of a mission, they'd nearly gotten caught a dozen times and she still had a burning crave to murder half her team. On the upside, Doc hadn't been injured which was her major concern. She heard the call to report to the S1 building, but as she heard, she observed Doc walking on his own. Standing where she was, she looked at him and smiled softly.

She still wasn't sure fully why he had the effect on her that she did. Before she'd met him, she felt threatened, on guard, always on alert. But, with him around her, when he hugged her, smiled at her, talked to her, she felt safe. Like nothing could, or had, ever gone wrong. It had disarmed her in some manner, a manner that frightened her sometimes, but he made her happy. As for Blackwing, she didn't understand him at all. The griffon seemed to defy all logic with her, what was his issue? Regardless of what it was, she didn't care. As long as he did his job, then that was good enough for her. She took a half-step towards Doc, before spotting the look on his face.

While part of her wanted nothing more than to curl up next to him and hug him, he looked like he wanted to be alone. So instead, she walked over to the range, grabbed herself a Night Vision scope and surpressor, lied down on the ground and started firing away.

The range workers groaned. "I hate my life" one said to the other as they rushed to keep up with midnight, target after target was destroyed by her quickly! Normally they would be asleep right now with the rest of the base but someone had them post a duty and stay there. 

"15 points ... 15 points ... .... 10. Wait ... 14 on that one" one of the coaches called to her 

out of the darkness a marine came up to midnight at first it looked like he might be checking her out like some kind of pervert. Even if some pony knew who he was the darkness and his beard conceived his identity and name tape. He held a little thermos which he occasionally sipped out of, and wore mismatched clothes. A green marine sweatshirt and tiny or shorts. He finally came up to her and in a very kind relaxed tone "wow, you never quit do you! Getting in all the practice you can!"

Midnight kept her shots on target, growling at messing her 3rd shot and hitting the side instead of the chest. After blowing the rest of her clip, she stood up satisfied. Throwing away the empty magazine, she turned to face the marine who she knew had been watching her shoot. She took an aggressive step forwards, and her left hand sat on the hilt of her knife, a snarl on her face and violence in her eyes.

"And who are you meant to be? And what's My schedule got to do with you huh?" She wasn't yelling, but her voice wasn't quiet either, a strong aggressive tone.

The mysterious marine smiled "me? Your talking to yourself. I'm just some dude who's here but not supposed to be."  

The range workers toiled away resetting the target he looked to them for a minute then slowly looked back to midnight and said 

"I had the guys stay late for you had the feeling you might of wanted to blow off some steam after dealing with some crazy stuff like that." He said calmly as he took another sip from his thermos 

Midnight looked at him like he was insane. What he'd said made no sense to her in the slightest outside that he'd forced his men to stay behind for her. Which lead the sniper to another question, how had he known?!

"Y-yeah...well...good, at least you have some brains on you..."

The bearded marine let out a light laugh, his laughter was rather high pitched and kind of contagious.

"I suppose that's the only thanks I'll get. Let's take a look"he said pointing to one of the marines coming and dropping the targets by them. It was almost hard to tell exactly where the shots hit seeing as the 50 cal almost destroyed the whole peice of wood. "Mmm almost perfect .... Last ones a tad off but your tired and it's dark so I bet you could get it if your fresh. Don't think I could do better myself" he said as he looked up to her 

"Sorry to grade ya, when your just blowing off steam. But I couldn't also help but admire your stance. Makes me think you didn't train in a traditional sniper school?" He said asking her in a rather nonchalant manner 

Midnight growled hearing him check her shots. She hadn't come out here to be graded, she came here to blow off some steam after her last operation! She froze up slightly when asked where she got her training from, a memory in the back of her mind flickering before she pushed it back. The less she thought about it, the better.

"S-something like that, Special Forces Sniper" she said, hoping the marine, whoever he was, wouldn't pursue it anymore then that. Because if he did, she wasn't going to tell him. "On that note, who are you? It's pretty obivious you know who I am..."

Midnight would look up (due to her short stature she would need to tilt her head to look into his eyes; surly something she used by now) 

and see see the rather creepy sight of darkness and facial hair twisting into a smile 

"who am I? ... Well that's a good question ..." He turned his head back and fourth as in a deep philisopical though until lifting up his pointer finger and saying 

"just your average recon marine; doing what needs to be done; when no one wants to ... Or should do it!" He says a bit of passion for his work coming out at his last words 

" just a dude, yeah" he finishes with a satisfied nod taking another sip from his thermos 

one of the range workers comes up to him       

"Hey gunny are you guys done?" He asks exasperated and tired 

"ummm?" The strange dude replays "hey you still have my pistol right?" The range coach nods and hands an odd looking gun to him. At first it looks like something straight out of Star Trek, a silver pistol that looks like a sniper rifle and a colt 45 had a baby,  compact with a modern ergonomic grip. He takes it and loads it leaning down to midnight 

"seeing what you carry, I'm sure you can appreciate this! Wildey magnum! Fires a .475 magnum cartridge, same power as a 44 magnum but with about half the recoil, made for big game hunting. This thing can kill an elephant with one shot! ... To the leg" he says in an almost joking manner. He aims done range at a fresh target and squints taking his time and fires 3 shots 

BAM BAM BAM 

he smiles and unloads it holding the magazine in his left hand. Another range coach brings the target over. There's a single large hole right on center mass 

"good shot gunny ... On the first one!" He says as he starts to crack up 

very calmly the bearded dude says "take a good look at the hole there and, see all three shots went right they the same hole" the range worker stops laughing and takes a closer look putting his finger in the hole "no way"he says

the bearded marine smiles "well, that's it for me, I'm going to send them back to the barracks ... Unless you think you can do better?" He says in a playful manner 

meanwhile across the base doc leans back on the bench and looks up. He sees the stars. And smiles he says to himself "been a long time since I could look up and really see them, not blotted out by artificial light or battle flares. It's almost like seeing old friends." He says internally with a smile 

ever since he became a Sarc (special amphibious recon corpmen) his life seemed to be a maelstrom of danger, stealth and Borden waiting for days behind enemy lines at a time, waiting for the right moment. All while risking the wraith of an entire army. But there was nothing in the world he would trade for it. He worked hard for the title and even harder once he got up for it; training which took a whole year of his life. But now thanks to midnight and maybe Blackwing too; things seemed better! Like from here on out it was destiny the way things were supposed to be for him!

He slowly stood up adjusting his gear and slowly walked to the S 1 building eager to debrief and get a good sleep in a cozy bed.

The whole trip back to Base, Blackwing had stared out the chopper, watching the Sky, the ground, just paying attention to all the little things. He had fallen out of enough of these to know that it was always dangerous, and after that mission they had been on... He knew that he may as well take what he could in. Upon landing, he waited for everyone else to get out, before getting out himself. He left the rifle he had on the chopper, knowing that he didn't need it right now, and not really caring about procedure, he didn't want to have to carry any extra weight that he didn't have to.

After he got out, he watched as everyone went there own way, Midnight went to shoot from what he could guess, and Doc seemed to be walking off somewhere to, though it wasn't towards the debriefing. He didn't even bother going and getting changed, all he needed right now was to get this debriefing over and done with. As he was walking towards the building, he loosened all his armor. Despite how light it was, he could feel it unlike normal. 

As he reached the building, he took in a breath of air, then walked in, ready to debrief so he could get this sh!t over and done with... 

Doc walked down the dirt road to S1. 

There were humvees on the road and ponies going about business. In the commotion he saw the silhouette of Blackwing. Dock took some extra paces and came along side him. He looked exhausted but then again they all were. 

Doc wanted to say something ... Anything a compliment about the mission, a joke. But he figured Blackwing of all people wouldn't reciprocate it, and instead silently walked alongside him like they did earlier in the field. They approached the building and doc swiped his id pressing the call speaker. "Doc Bering and Blackwing reporting." No voice responded on the other end, but the lock clicked open. Doc opened it up and held it for his partner/rival. They made it down a short hallway and into the war room seeing Seargent major breaker and the commanding officer as well as a few higher ups there all discussing and working. The c.o smiled and nodded to him 

"ahh just in time" the old officer said; as he gestures to some folding chairs set up for them. "I'm sure you both want to get this over with and get some well deserved rest. So we'll make this short and get started as soon as blossom shows up." The x.o (executive officer- second in command) nodded and said "I had some of the armorers come down here to retrieve your weapons for you. It's the least we can do and unfortunetly probably the only thanks your going to get." He said sadly

one of the armory workers doc recognized  came up to him. Doc was a little glad it wasn't stocky the weird girl from earlier. He unloaded his m4 and took off his whole pistol belt handing them over. The marine took and said "saved the day with no thanks or recognition ... Tell you what though I'll make sure there extra clean for you!" He said. doc nodded and said "never asked for thanks, that's the job that's who we are ... Thanks for taking my rifle though. I appreciate it man" 

Meanwhile down at the range the marine stood over midnight handing his pistol back over and taking up his thermos again a big goofy smile on his bearded face waiting patiently for midnight a response.

Midnight had been interested in who he was, until he started going on and on about it, then the sniper quickly stopped paying attention to him. It wasn't HER fault he liked the sound of his own voice was it? She was completely in her own head till she spotted his weapon, and started listening again, and he wasn't wrong. She loved her sniper rifle, her barret, the feel as it fired its 50 cal shell, the sound as she pulled the trigger, but she had a feeling if her sniper was alive, it would feel jealously as she watched his pistol. That's when she finally heard his challenge, a growl emerging from her throat.

"Do better....I would wipe the damn floor with you and every single marine in this compound with one hand" she said back, aggressiveness lacing her voice "Lucky for you, I don't have the time it would take to waste..." And with that, she grabbed her weapon tightly and walked off. She had really really wanted to, but she had that meeting to do and didn't feel like wasting anymore time than she had to.

She entered the building, said her name and found herself in the same room as Doc and Black. However, when they offered to take her sniper from her, they were Victim to a growl and a vivid image about their actions taken by their mother with a pack of wild horses, before sitting down, her sniper on her lap.

The xo was a bit taken back by midnight's comments but the co let out a small amused smile. Before gathering some papers and saying "now; that we're all here lets get started. As you can probably all tell what we did was classified; beyond top secret. So unless it's amongst our selfs we can't talk about it ever again... On the bright side that means less paperwork." He says a bit of enthusiasm in his voice. 

Doc was a bit embarrassed by midnight but couldnt help but smile as the old officer was exited by doing less work. 

"Chances are celestia her self is going to roll this away and say it never happened. Meaning no awards or compensation. But mission was a success and we might be able to get some good Intel. And that brings me to my next and final point. We still don't know what's going on with lailand and who is giving them there arms. That's where the recon comunity  comes In. It's our job to figure out what's going on. But I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. You all deserve some rest so let's meet here tomorrow at 1700 (5:00) to discuss the future of your team. ... Dismissed" with a quick nod he begins to walk away  still lots more work for him to do.

Seargent major breaker then took over he tossed midnight a key saying "sorry but there aren't a lot of female rooms. At least yours is close to the bathrooms. I got nothing for you guys just meet here at 1700 like the skipper said."

Doc looked to his watch it was already 4 in the morning. He stood up and looked to his team "well looks like we're finally off duty" he said a bit exhausted 

right now they were in the s1 building. But across the way was the armory. And to the south the flight deck. To the east was the housing area area surrounded by barb wire with extra guards. This is where there single bed rooms were. In that area was also the bathrooms and showers. To the west was the medical area and in the north was the training area with the ranges. 

"Probably going straight to my room; what about you guys?" Doc asked  

They were being deployed again? And so soon after a black operation? Something was wrong, even she knew it. Isiland, something was happening there, something that got the higher suits in a panic, meaning the biggest question at the end of the day, was what? She grinned darkly at the prospects, and the mental image flashing in her mind if she managed to get her aim on them. Heh, they wouldn't last long if she got her way with them, and knowing her, she'd have her way with them as she did anyone who looked down the barrel of her weapon.

Catching the key that was thrown at her, she looked at it. While she was tired, hearing docs comment, a sly grin snuck onto her face before a yawn overpowered it and she stretched out in her seat "I-i'm with Doccy on this, long day...Hey doc, wanna help me grab my gear? It's kinda heavy, from my old unit, don't have enough hands for it Plus my baby" It was very clear, her baby, was her weapon which stood almost as tall as she was when it was ready to fire. "Lend a girl a hand?" she asked, turning to face him. As she did, when she knew her side was turned to the interviewers and Doc would block Blackwings view of her, she winked at him. Enough, she hoped, to convey her plan.

Blackwing just listened, not much paperwork? Well, that meant he could get some rest early. When the men came to collect his gear, he let them take his armor, but he stared at them. He was keeping his side arm and knives on him, no matter what anyone told him. Then he heard it. After that hell, THEY were going to be SENT OUT AGAIN? Black growled, very quietly and no one would have heard him. When they were dismissed, he was quick to leave, groaning loudly. 

"Hey Blackwing!" 

Black hears someone calling his name, though he didn't recognise it. He heard it again, closer. It sounded like a girl. After he heard her the third time, he turned around, only to get knocked right over, landing on his back with someone on top of him. Upon hitting the ground a groan could be heard from both of them. 

The girl opened her eyes, realizing what had happened, quickly rolling off Blackwing and standing up, blushing a little. 

"SORRY! I... didn't mean to trip... and knock you over..." She said, looking around on the ground. While she was looking around, Blackwing got up. The girl who had bumped into him was Scootaloo, their pilot. He noticed her crouch down, grabbing what looked like... 

"Is that my rifle?" He asked, and with a nod, she handed it back to him. 

"You could get in REAAAL trouble if you left that behind, good thing i knew who it belonged to!" She said in a happy tone. Black couldn't help but slightly laugh. Now he had his rifle. Thanking Scootaloo, he slung the rifle over his shoulder, walking towards the firing range. He needed to let off some steam. What he didn't know, was Scoot was following him from a distance, heading the same way towards the range.

Doc saw her wink and stood up "of course; anything for a member of the team."  He looked around and saw Blackwing already left "huh" he said shrugging 

He scooped up her pack knowing better than to get between a dog and her bone (get between her and her rifle) they walked down the hall and left the building. The base was a lot less busy, things dyeing down, a few humvees rolling around and ponies finishing up there work. 

He walked along side midnight feeling a nice warmth being close to her. "You ok?" He asked 

not far far from them Blackwing and LT scootaloo entered the range. The range coaches looked like they just finished up and the mystery figure stood in the dark sipping his thermos 

one of the workers holding a target nervously approched Blackwing knowing who he was and said "range is closed Seargent; we'll have another shift come and open it up in a few hours" 

the dark figure heard this and looked to them but said nothing 

Midnight smiled up at Doc, grabbing her rifle and walking with him out into the base. She looked around, nighttime was coming and that meant the entire place would start to quiet down, and in some regards that was bad, but not all...not all of them.

"Hmm?" she tilts her head up at Doc "O-of course i'm ok, sure that mission rattled me up a little... But I've seen death before, Perry going down near me isn't gunna make me crash or nothing..." she glances away, Perry hadn't gone down near her as she'd told them, the truth was a little more out there, and not one that needed repeating.

Doc nodded, but then stopped he said to himself "no! She wouldn't have!" Doc shook his head and continued walking to the gear lockers 

the gear lockers were never off limits, and you had your own personal keys to your equipment. It was a roofless little area. It was dark except for a little lamp post in the center of the area 

"here we are; are you going to sleep with your rifle like we're out in field?" He asked in a only somewhat joking manner 

Midnight makes a huffing noise, playfully pushing Doc's shoulder "H-hey! Just because she gets a place in my bed, doesn't mean youuuuu gotta get all jealous on her" she says, trying so hard to stop the smile from sneaking onto her face "Why, would you rather replace her?" She grinned now, she couldn't stop herself, teasing Doc was just so much fun!

Doc smiled as he opened a locker and put her back inside. They had an empty area and would claim tomorrow. Doc listened to her teasing and though 

"hmm 2 can play at that game"

doc turned his head facing her still keeping his back to her "naw" then he spun around towering over her resting his arm above her head on a locker trapping her with his body; but with still a fair amount of space between them. 

"I would rather replace her with you! Then I get to write you out of the armory and take you with me wherever I like! Besides then I might get a chance to take you home with me!" He said with a sly smile 

Midnight frowned over at Doc before finding herself, well, trapped. Not trapped entirely, she was certain she could get out, but she found her breath caught in her throat as she looked up at him, a blush starting to burn onto her face. She glances away, evidently flustered.

"I...I didn't...you...." she felt her cheeks light up completely, before forcing a deep breath down and looking back up at Doc. "...You're evil sometimes you know that Doc? W-we're in public right now...." she hisses, glancing around before looking up and into his eyes, forcing herself to take another deep breath to calm herself.

Doc let out a laugh. he just couldn't help it. He looked to the left and right. There was no one in the gear locker with them; obviously and he said "really well there's no one around; no witness. No one to say we did or didn't!" 

Reluctantly he stood up and let her go. He took off his body armor  and chest. slipping  it in the locker for now also. As romantic as ther situation was. They were still covered in sweat and dirt.

Doc leaned on the locker next to her waiting to see if she would take any gear in or out. He caught heard earlier there was a drop of equipment for her? Would the Devils do that just give her her gear and let her go? Either way midnight didn't seem concerned about it so he figured he shouldn't either. 

He decided he wouldn't attack her like that again despite how adorable he found it when she got flustered "I wonder if we can take some leave togather?"

Midnight blushes even more as Doc pointed out no one was there in the room, and she regrated where her mind went before dragging it back. She opened her locker, placing her sniper in carefully before stripping her uniform off, leaving her in a shirt and shorts. Inside her locker was a mess of pictures, books as well as equipment for her rifle. She smiled as she looked through some of it, before closing it and turning back to doc.

"Come on, I wanna get changed. I feel gross in this shirt, all covered in dirt and muck" she held up her key "Thankfully the Sergeant gave me a private room huh? Means I don't have to worry about the mess I make"

Doc respected her privacy not looking in her locker. But then he couldn't help but stare and have his eyes go huge as she began taking her clothes off. She had standard issue shorts and under shorts on but he still couldn't held but blush and stare at her bare legs 

"I hear ya" he said as he walked with her saying she wanted to get cleaned off. 

Doc thought about what she said; usually the marine corp didn't work like that? He did say they didn't have a lot of female rooms. But doc couldn't think of any other female marines on base. 

"The showers are next to the rooms." He said pointing to the barn wires surrounded the area where marines slept 

there were 2 heavily armed marines guarding the entrance doc flashed his id "early morning watch?" He asked a certain empathy in his voice. The marnine nodded and said "your good"  and the 2 walked in 

they walked along a trail and doc replayed to her 

"how come that makes me think your going to demo your room for the pure fun of it?" He joked to her 

Midnight shrugs at Doc as she starts walking over to her room, glancing behind her ever so often to look at him "I wouldn't do that, not until we're leaving and only if someone I didn't like was inside at the time..." she said continuing her walk forward, pulling out her key and spinning it a few times in her hand. She had to admit something was, odd. While her rank did mean she could get some levels of special treatment, being granted a room for herself was, new. Not that she was complaining, since it gave her privacy from other eyes.

Putting the key in the door and opening it, she slids inside, leaving it open for doc to follow with her bags.

Archived