Skelly wanted to go through all of Hexter's things and she laughed at the detective remark because she was feeling extra snoopy. As she closed the drawer a glint of something silver caught her eye, "Whats this?!", she exclaimed. It was a small, old fashioned silver key peeking out of a cut along the seam in the red silk lining of the drawer.

She held it up to Voltaire "A key! How intriguing!" Skelly's excitement had taken ahold of her. If she wasn't so compassionate about finding rare objects Skelly would've taken it similarly to a bad omen. "I wonder what on earth this opens. Maybe there's something about it in his journal!" 

Skelly was in a frenzy, she flipped through the pages of the journal skimming through the first half of the journal and stopping on a page with heavy ink. "What is this...." Skelly pondered aloud, the page seemed to be maniacal ranting, so many words on each line, then the words "I've locked it away!" scrawled heavily, multiple times throughout the rest of the journal. Skelly grimaced, wishing she hadn't tried so hard to find such disappointment. She looked to Voltaire 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voltaire looked at the title of the random book and muttered its title "love amoung the muffins"? He looked to hunter who he knew couldn't read but still seemed shock by an odd title. He opened to a random page. And read about halfway down "no doll heart your a mean master and I'll find a new ..." He instantly closed the book knowing the next line wasn't apropiate. And slipped the book back never wanting to see it again. "Well he was a lonely old man" he said to Hunter as he walked over and saw skelly holding her name sake

he looked upon the journal and saw the last few pages were scribbled about like a madman! "Oh my!" He said setting an arm around skelly and taking the book out of her hands.

"mental illness; things like dementa or even Alzheimer's. Can mess with the mind. Poor old fool probably didn't even know what planet he was on when he wrote this!" He said stating his hypothesis. 

He took the key and sealed it in his magic pocket. A spell for summoning items and not needing to hold them.

He sat in the hair and placed her in his lap. "Come now; let's see if we can inquire anything before he lost his sanity. He said levitating the book in front of them to the first page.

Skelly enjoyed being consoled by Voltaire, she was constantly finding herself to shy to speak yet she was happier than ever. She still got butterflies every time she felt his warm fur and was very happy to be so close to Voltaire. She relished his embrace and concluded "You're right." She giggled and nuzzled him sweetly. 

She couldn't help but feel concerned but Voltaire had a way of making troubles seem very far away and who would pass that up? She rested comfortably against him trying hard to stay focused as Voltaire read the journal to her.

It seemed Hexter was studying marine life and his maniacal rant was so sudden Skelly was sure Voltaire was right. Which meant the house was safe and Voltaire could leave, the thought almost made her pout but she caught herself. She meant to thank him and bid him farewell but instead she blurted "But I like you" in a sort of whine. Her ears got hot and she dared not look at him. She wished to clear things up but was helplessly recovering from such an absurd, random fragment.

Voltaire was a bit taken back when she giggled and snuggled when he suggested her uncle had a mental illness ... A bit disturbing to him but he figured it was just the nerves. 

Togather they read the journal; a yes the sea. The endless void of eldritch discovery. Intriguing in that all life derives from the ocean. Yet so much was still alien and unknown!

he would of enjoyed reading his research but it bothered him that Hester broke one of the most inoortant rules of diving and went alone. It bothered him more than it should. But he said nothing of it. As they neared the last few pages skelly whined 

".... I like you to skelly? Mhmm hmm-hmm hmm ha! Hahahah!"

voltaire couldn't help but laugh. He tryed to fight it and failed till he just set the book down and held her closer 

Skelly couldn't help but laugh at her helpless attempts to relax, and when Voltaire held her tight and joined her laugh she couldn't be nervous anymore because she was so happy. Mentally she decided to assume he'd leave at any moment so it wouldn't hurt as much when he did. 

She thought aloud to Voltaire, "I think Hexter was far more strange than I am, or just insane. Do you think his madness led him to....his death?"

He leaned back so he could look into her eyes ms booped her nose

"a detective never makes assumptions. We hypothesize ... Which is assuming with evidence."

He held her by the smell of her back ms said "come now; is there anything else you want to read in here? If. Or there's plenty more to investigate"

Skelly thought for a moment as she gazed at the key then said, "I'm most curious about this key and what on earth it opens. Judging from this book whatever it locks must have frightened Hexter, maybe even relates to his death. We can read into the details and notes later but let's prioritize finding any clues that will help us learn about what might be locked away and where." The entire situation was beginning to feel more dangerous and Skelly wasn't sure she wanted to be left alone in this house.However, this mystery was too enticing and relevant.

"How about we split up? I can search the groundfloor and you can search the second story? We can search the attic and basement together , along with the land." Voltaire seemed concerned about splitting up but agreed that it would speed things along. He agreed to search the top floor (five bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and Hexter's study).

Skelly reassured Voltaire and they agreed to shout if something happened or they needed help. Skelly wasn't expecting to find anything on the groundfloor, it was four bedrooms, a kitchen, a large dining hall, and a library, with lots of space in between. She was sure the land, basement and attic would be the areas of interest but searched the ground floor anyways. All four bedrooms were clear, that is nothing unusual, they were very well decorated and had large beds with immaculate furnishings and design. The kitchen seemed fine as well, very spacious and masterfully designed, but as she walked towards the fridge a smell caught her nose. She was not excited to check the fridge and imagined a  disgusting buffet of rotten foods.

Pinching her nose she opened the fridge with her magic. It reeked! But it was not food, in fact the fridge was spotless besides a large glass specimen jar with a large fish crammed inside. Skelly grimaced at the putrid experiment trying to figure out what she was looking at.

Archived