An E.P.I.C. Operation: The Caribou Plague

It began in quite a few places. Kegs were sent out and brought to all across whitescar. Some subtly slipped into shipments as they were brought by the nefarious tentacles of none other than the WRAITH group. Caribou of all walks of life across whitescar were quickly struck by a disease unlike any that they had seen before. Once wise and tempered leaders had been turned into monstrous parodies of themselves which took an entire raid parties to take down on their own... but that merely spread the curse as more and more of the Caribou of Whitescar succumbed to the dangerous berserker plague.

Hello, Everyone! This is an ooc I fully intend to follow up on. Thanks to WRAITH's actions and magical/scientific R&D team they have created a bio-weapon that could be used to make the caribou wipe themselves out. Several high profile Jarl's and chieftains have been infected by this plague and many are either holding onto their minds by sheer force of will or turning into beastly berserkers that have achieved a level of phyical strength that many have seen only in legends... but not in the way it seemed to be appearing here. 

The "Berserker plague" as many caribou are calling it is an infectious disease that is capable of infecting caribou but many are worried it could spread to, deer, and possibly even Moose. The plague has three stages that show in it's victims although the length of these stages of infection severity can vary wildly among the infected on a case by case basis. 

Stage one symptoms: Increased aggression, slightly paranoia, muscle twinges.

Stage two: Fever, bouts of anger, Increase in sweat production.

Stage three: The caribou enters the berserker state the plague is named for. Many caribou enter a berserker rage when in combat but their strength and speed are still sensible. in this form however; Limbs legnthen and muscle builds on them. Bone structure grows harder, and the infected grow canines. Eyes tend to glow and sweat production goes into overdrive as the plague's magic disable the limits on their muscle's strength and heals the damage that it would normally cause while heating up their bodies to the point constant streams and ribbons of evaporate sweat and steam can be seen billowing from their bodies. the plague render's tghem merely instinct and rage lashing out at those who have posed an active threat to them and relentlessly pursueing until it is "dealt" with.

Stage three is difficult because of the variation the infected can have depending on who they were. Those who spent their lives as couriers and delivery makers are turned into chargers that can move faster than the equine can track in the blink of an eye. Blacksmiths who spent their lives building up their foreleg's strength now have the power to crush raw ore with their bear hooves and lift incredible weights. The average bou who does not have much muscle mass beyond that natural strength of his species now runs a fever hot enough that getting in close proximity can hurt anyone close enough and those who touch them are physically burned while they can strike with enough power to send another bou crashing through a wall at the cost of damage to themselves that the plague's magic knits back together quickly. The high ranking caribou warriors, like jarls and chieftains however are considered nightmarish to face, usually toppling their strongest fighters in their circle like child'splay.

This event is goign to be mostly focused on The Askr clan's reaction to and way of dealing with the problem. Due to their relative closeness to their Equine allies, the chieftain of their clan has decided to bring in a group of creatures who are immune to the plagues effects and are skilled enough to handle detaining and saving citizens in her hold who are not professional warriors such as her troops. This is because I can only speak for my own clan creation, but other clans and caribou from them are free to have their own thread tied into this where they are dealign with their problem or assisting others with theirs. I know Clan breen, and clan olin, -could- be affected by this in some way if their players would like that!

For the threads that involve Clan Askr I have a few planned with some volunteers already interested. 

The Concoction of a cure!: Askr's Chieftain Works with experts in curses dark magic, and medicine to create a method to treat this plague and neutralise the infectivity before it completely spreads over whitescar. She has procured the blood of an infected and tries to keep a cool head in a stressful situation with those who volunteered to help end this as soon as possible 

Spoiler

The cure may be found but I will share what the properties of it are when we reach that point. Things may not go smoothly.

Characters involved: Chieftain Sigrun, Necromancer Chipper demise, first class medic SKyhaven

The capture of the infected!: The hold of the ASkr clan is large and the size of a city with the hall of clan being located in the center. While many of the caribou who entereed stage three have been captured, it was not without cost as the troops sent there had become infected and needed to bound and immobilized before they could join their brothers and sisters in the senseless destruction. The head of the clan has decided that none caribou will have to work to capture the "weaker" straggler infected that are roaming around a now mostly empty city where the evacuation of the citizens are still ongoing. These thread shall be handled By Rainbow fox working as a DM in which the ones responsible for searching for the infected learn about the infected that they are trying to capture before they must find a way to detain the mad stage three they are facing. I would like to use these threads to encourage those in them to think up a good strategy fro dealing with something more powerful than they are so try to think up ways that will alow your characters to win but save the infected in question. :)

Characters involved: 

Thread 1: Swift Squall , Naj, and Javasun (Charger thread is up!)

Thread 2: Cyclone , Ice storm and Stormstrider (Hulker thread is up!)

The Tainting of the High King's water!: Lastly is the more bold plan that WRAITH has decided to enact. Wraith has sent their best combatants to protect an operation to pollute the high king of WHitescar's water with the berserker plague's contaminants and send his hold into chaos. It will take some brave ponies from epic and maybe the guard to stop this horrific plot!

Characters involved:

(EPIC) Dunder Blust, Fire Walker. Star crusader

(WRAITH) Dog

The battle with the first infected of Askr: I'm hoping to only open this thread up towards the end for thematic reasons.

So people don't feel left out I felt i should add that it is fine if griffins or other species such as Qilin or otherwise with to get involved in this. I am considering allowing the addition of the Mane six into the story at some point but only if those involved think it would be a good addition and those who play them know that Whitescar is... very different from Equestria. This event will be able to be started relatively soon, if not today then possibly tomorrow when Rainbowfoxx can start the OP for the capture threads.

14 minutes ago, moonshineTheleocat said:

. For Java, thread 1.

You mean the Cure Concoction, or Thread 1 of the Infected Capturing?

As mentioned before, Chipper will be a part of the cure thread.  I don't know if I'll be brining in Halvard and the Vakstyra; they may just be handling quarantine in the background.

2 hours ago, Bellosh said:

I suppose as Sigrun's foster son, Limi should be involved somehow. How, I'm note quite sure yet. We'll see though.

Definitely wouldn't be a terrible idea! Tell me when you have an idea for his involvement! ;)

2 hours ago, moonshineTheleocat said:

Well, even though I don't have any characters that's actually part of EPIC, Java and OR Star Crusader may get involved.

. For Java, thread 1.

And The battle for water for Crusader.

Adding Java to thread one with Naj and Swift squall

1 hour ago, starswirlthebearded said:

Depending on how I feel when the thread launches/when it would be relevant the High King might make a cameo...

That would be awesome! 

1 hour ago, Dunder said:

We need more wraith too for the pvp thread

I should remind people that Dog from WRAITH is a very large combatant so its possible he could serve as a boss fight on his own :P I would rather like to see some other WRAITH characters get involved, mad geniuses join in the fray with wacky contraptions could make things more fun!

1 hour ago, PrinceBlueblood said:

As mentioned before, Chipper will be a part of the cure thread.  I don't know if I'll be brining in Halvard and the Vakstyra; they may just be handling quarantine in the background.

Helping out Quarantine and assisting the civilians out side the hold would be a good idea too! I'd like to encourage the creation of spinoff threads as well possibly with ponies trying to calm down hot tempers and worried minds at the situation befalling whitescar.

11 minutes ago, Pretzelpony said:

I should remind people that Dog from WRAITH is a very large combatant so its possible he could serve as a boss fight on his own :P I would rather like to see some other WRAITH characters get involved, mad geniuses join in the fray with wacky contraptions could make things more fun!

Yeah, but he's still a dog. Fire will defeat him with cookies and tummy rubs.

28 minutes ago, Pretzelpony said:

I should remind people that Dog from WRAITH is a very large combatant so its possible he could serve as a boss fight on his own :P

A picture's worth a thousand words!

2hi5c9d.jpg

Just now, tacobob said:

Thankfully neither Fire nor Dunder are an 'average' pony. ;)

Neither is Crusader, but she's in a different fight unfortunately.

But anyone could tell you that the size of the dog doesn't matter. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

17 hours ago, Pretzelpony said:

Definitely wouldn't be a terrible idea! Tell me when you have an idea for his involvement! ;)

Hmmm........ maybe he should be at his Jarl's side in the Cure thread? His pal Chipper is going to be there too. :P

3 hours ago, Thunderbuck said:

alright I am willing to Toss Stormstride into this. let me know where you want her. 

Stormstride shall be join Cyclone and icestorm

2 hours ago, Bellosh said:

Hmmm........ maybe he should be at his Jarl's side in the Cure thread? His pal Chipper is going to be there too. :P

Approved! He shall be added tot he cure list

The thread is up! To all those interested in helping with the cure post here. I'm open to having late arrivals who would be able to expedite the magical research of this contagion, but if you would like to be one of the experts who showed up late please say so here!

Just so you know, Rainbow foxx will be doign the OPs to the capture threads. Thanks to the real world interferinign with her she will be a littel late. The threads will come up on tuesday or wednesday at the latest

Archived