Camp Half Blood-Heroes of Equestria

SymphonicFire

After a moment, Sicar emerged from the shadow nearest the flag, knocking out the defender and grabbing the flag. He almost made it out unnoticed, until another defender turned towards them and cried out. Sicar growled slightly before running off with the flag, jumping up into the trees and trying to lose them before he went back into the shadows. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midnight listened to Eclipse's plan, although, the girl didn't like it. It wasn't foolproof, and improvising it was the riskies move there was.

"Let me go first, i'll shoot at them and drag them out towards me, you sneak in and steal the flag. I'll protect you and you get back to our base" She inspected her crossbows before giving her wings a few flaps "I can easily keep them busy long enough for you to sneak in and out..." However, what she didn't say is she was hoping that girl, the one whose aura was fear itself, was guarding the flag. Ohh what a fight that would be.

"Alright then. Take out the weaker ones as fast as you can so you'd only have to concentrate on the more skilled enemies" Eclipse said as she watched her owl land on a branch. "It's just ahead, I'll be right behind" she nodded, slowing down to a trot. Eclipse unfolded her halberd once more and waited for Midnight to give the signal. Hopefully, she'll be sneaky enough to pull it off.

A grin that many would describe as the grin of a sadistic criminal planted itself on Midnights face as she ensured she had ammo. Walking out, she found her targets, and took aim.

"Dancing to the beat of the drum...A clash of steel and a swollen tongue...My baseline...my crescendo! A guttural moan when this act is done! For one begins as another shall fall, lined up with strings up'all. And now the time hath come at last, the stage begins, the final call. For on this day, I say to all...It's time to let the curtain call!"

She opened fired! Quickly, her first few arrows found the un-suspecting victims, the armoured ones who were guarding. All but one fell, leaving her with the few who were foolish enough to remove their armour! She glanced at Eclipse, nodding, before charging into the battle! All eyes would be on her, one hand of this glorious performance! And no eyes would fall on the other hand, where the real battle would take place.

Something shook beneath the trees, and she gave a gasp.  Somepony was near, and she really didn't want to fight.

So she ran.

She ran and ran and ran, jumping beneath shadows and trying her best to outrun anypony from the blue team.  She ran and ran...before she paused.  The blue flag...it was gone~

Sicar was making his way around the front lines, avoiding the fight where he could. All he had to do now was return to base, and that's where he was headed. He could hear the sounds of battle as he got closer. It seems the other team had located their flag. No matter, he already had theirs. 

Eclipse quickly ran away from the fight and swooped up the flag from behind. Holding the flag in her mouth (which was not good for her balance), she cut down every red demigod that tried to take it back. She had probably drawn unnecessary attention to herself doing that, but she was never good at sneaking around anyways. Soon, she heard the sounds of clashing bronze, meaning that she was close to the battle field. She decided to spread her wings and fly over the fight, trying to avoid the ponies that would get in her way. 

Sicar stepped out of the shadows holding the blue flag in his magic, looking around at the fighting at where the red flag had been. 

"You were looking for this?" He said simply to get their attention. 

She now noticed a running figure, not that far from her-actually.  

Sicar.

And then-he was gone.  

She sighed, probably shadow-walking.  She wanted to hitch a ride, but seeing the blue flag with him made her the teeniest bit happier.  

She turn around and swiftly ran back to the red territory, eager to avoid any fights with the blue team.  And there-there was Sicar, with a plain expression and the losing team's flag.

Midnight looked around her. The demi-gods were really not worth the effort, the fight was already over and Eclipse had escaped with the flag. She was about to hunt more worthy prey, when out of seemingly nothing, another demi-god arrived. At first she was going to ignore him, until she spotted...the flag! Her teams flag. She let out a sigh. IF you wanted something done right, do it yourself.

"I wasn't looking for it, however dear puppet, I can't say I object to another round of glorious painting" Branishing her crossbows and stretching her wings out, she grinned. He had stolen their flag, meaning maybe, just maybe, he'd give her a fight worth remembering.

She froze.  It's her.  Midnight.

She slowly slunk back into the trees, praying that Sicar would win this fight.  She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.  Yes-I shall be your back-up.  

She hid into a shadow, opening her staff so that it moreso portrayed a spear.  Perhaps a bit stupid, but having a spear meant it could both serve as a javelin to save Sicar and as a sword to protect herself.

Sicar gazed at the female, raising an eyebrow at her. 

"You are looking to fight? Is this not the end of this game?" Sicar asked, watching her. His weapons floated at his sides just in case, and he remained near the shadows. 

Midnight shrugged at his question.

"Game? Only life is its own game. Although if you're asking about this one, who cares? In this game where art is reduced to crayons, where we are expected to fight without purpose, without meaning. As for a fight, I need a worthy stage and opponent to create my show....you are not"

She gave a relieved sigh, realizing that valient Midnight would fight nopony beneath her worth.

She hoped down from the tree-standing near, but not beside Sicar.  

She gave a small whisper, barely audible unless to the cleverest of ears, "It has ended,"

Eclipse finally stepped into blue territory, noticing that their flag was gone. The satyr blew the horn to signal the end of the game as Chiron appeared. "It is a tie. Both teams have successfully captured and brought the opponent's flag back to their territory." he shouted. "You are now dismissed. Gather in the dining area for the camp fire later in evening"

Eclipse sighed in relief after hearing the game had ended. Normally she is more competitive, but lots of weird things happened which exhausted her. She called her owl back to her and folded her halberd back into hairclips. "I wonder how Midnight did. There were a lot of reds protecting the flag just now"

Sicar narrowed his eyes almost imperceptibly at the mare's words, but he said nothing to her as Neria emerged and the horn blew. He didn't care what this mare thought of his worthiness to face her, he did not wish to fight her in the first place. They were dismissed, so he simply walked off, his weapons going back into his necklace. 

She heard the horn, what a farce. Battle wasn't complying with a formula or rules. No, battle was glorious, an artwork to honour. She snorted at the male, who walked off. Slowly she walked away, exiting the forest before pausing. She had no idea what was next, where to go. She sighed before returning to her room, slamming the door behind her.

Everypony lumbered off, and the tension in the air was...delightful to her senses.  Midnight seemed conflicted on where to go, before heading towards the direction of her cabin.  She did not look happy.  Something twinged inside of her, but Neria quickly shook it off.  She wanted to chase after and talk to this valient fighter-maybe learn some tips on how to use a crossbow.  But the thought was odd, seemingly misplaced inside her head.  I don't go around talking to campers.  What makes her special?

She blinked at herself, before taking a deep breath.  Yes, I'm going to be brave too-mother

But she headed towards her own cabin first, throwing her armour off and snatching an bronze crossbow with imperial gold arrows off the wall.  Yes, she was going to talk to this...Midnight.

Eclipse headed back to her cabin and took off her armor. "Capture the flag is a good game, but I prefer the monster hunt game...I forgot it's actual name. I remember they released giant scorpions into the forest in the last game" she said to herself as she made herself some tea. "I'm bored again" she mumbled, sipping her tea and looking up at the ceiling. 

Midnight was in her room, the lights on with a book in her hands reading, a large grin on her face as she does. Her eyes gleaming before hearing someone at her door, sighing as she puts it down, walking  to the door and opening. The shock on her was wasn't well hidden seeing that girl from before, the one who she felt the aura of fear, even now, standing there.

"...H-hello?"

She slowly stepped towards Midnight, not quite sure what to do or say.  This girl seemed...afraid.  

She bowed her head in shame.  It were moments like these that she wished was just wasn't the child of Enyo.

Instead, she stuck out the crossbow.

"How do I use it?"

Eclipse just walked around the room. She opened the door often to see what the other demigods were doing, but sees no one doing anything in particular every time. "It should be  time for supper now. I should get something to eat before the camp fire starts" Eclipse said to herself as she sets down her cup and walks out of her cabin. She arrived at the dining hall and looked around, but nothing interesting was going on. "So hungry..." she thought as she immediately looked at what was for dinner. 

'Why? Why do my bones shiver when I see this girl? It doesn't make any sense, I am an artist, a creator, a composer of the finest musics, yet I am almost nothing when this girl is around...'

Midnight raised an eyebrow seeing her, not introduce herself, and hold out one of the more bizarre crossbows she'd ever seen. The crossbow itself was bronze castings and the bolts seemed gold. It looked more of a vintage you kept up on a podium than a weapon onto which to create.  

"I could teach you. but weapons are best learnt through experience. You use it, come back to me when you think you know how..."

Despite her tone, Midnight was being serious. She refused to teach unless she knew this girl cared about learning, and the first step is to try yourself, and fail. Only then, when this girl had stumbled around with a crayon, could she be taught the brush.

She grimaced.  Well that didn't exactly turn out the way I intended.  Her mind raced with thoughts.

I shouldn't be bothered with this camper-she's not willing to teach me her tech.

She's not worthy to train me.

I want a friend.

Why is so scared?  She was intimidating everypony earlier.

I thought she would understand...

I already know how to use the crossbow...I just want to learn how to fight with it.

Yet, her mouth would not form the words, and her ears dropped in defeat.  She gave a sigh.  She turned and looked around the cabin: Look.  There.  A tree.

She raised the crossbow and fired at the tree.  It hit dead into the trunk, an unseen bull's eye in the middle.  She turned to her, "I want the leaf", and prayed that the girl would understand.  

Archived