Camp Half Blood-Heroes of Equestria

SymphonicFire

OOC discussion thread: http://www.canterlot.com/forums/topic/22420-camp-half-blood-heroes-of-equestria-signups-ooc-discussion/?page=1

Eclipse woke up to another old day in Camp Half-blood. Being alone in her own cabin is normal as Nyx didn't have many children and all of her siblings were either yet to be found or already dead. Being alone in camp is also normal as she has a hard time making friends, all thanks to her trust issues and naturally glaring eyes. Eclipse got up from her bed and got ready, putting on her armor and hair clips before going out to get breakfast. It's been like this every day for the past ten years she's been in camp, but it didn't bother her. Waiting for another visit from her mother was usually enough to keep her looking forward, as her last visit brought her hope and a new weapon...along with some warnings.

Speaking about Nyx, thanks to her, Eclipse always has to watch her back twice and hope that Hades doesn't send something to kill her. Regular demigods have celestial bronze weapons that can kill monsters and mortals, but the blade and the spear butt of the halberd is made out of stygian iron which can only be used by descendants of Hades. The reason why Hades was so nit-picky about who can use stygian iron weapons is because it can kill monsters, mortals, and immortals. Not exactly the perfect gift to give to your daughter whom you haven't seen in twelve years, but Eclipse was still grateful. It is also because of this that Eclipse has been afraid to go on quests even though she is one of the best when it comes to fighting. 

She arrived at the dining hall and got her food, scraping a little of it into the fireplace as an offering to the gods before she sat down at her cabin table, which was empty too. "I've just about had enough of this" she thought, setting down her fork. "At combat practice I will make a friend...or two!"

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I can't escape this on my owwwnn. Theres no excitement!" Sung Midnight in her own room, large headphones on her ears, eyes closed, as she danced in her own room. She was in her own room, after all, who else was the child of Tartarus, god of the darker underworld? Her song came to and end and the girl flopped down onto her bed. Her mind went over her short time at the camp. She'd only been at the camp itself a year, not much time at all, but she had to hedge a bet she was without a doubt one of the best fighters around. Despite the lack of what her mother considered traditional weapons, her crossbows were perfect, and the training from her mother combined with the gifts from her father, meant she could make every kill beautiful.

Standing up, headphones still on with music playing softly into her ears, she grabbed her crossbows. While she shouldn't need weapons to walk around the camp, there was no reason to go unprepared. Attaching them up her arm, as to not get in the way of food, she exited. The girl was wearing a simple white shirt and black tracksuit pants, her silver hair blowing into her eyes from time to time, but the girl ignored it, finding herself in the dining hall. Grabbing food, she found her table, a table at the back in the corner, where she'd be left alone from all the other demigods who saw her as a freak for having a underworld god as a father, and started eating.

'Combat training later today, plus I believe time to upgrade my crossbows at least once more. Hopefully, the firing magazine keeps getting stuck and how can I make my victims art if I can't fire?'

Neria Holmes, daughter of Enyo.  Who in Equestria is Enyo?  Goddess of mass destruction.  Personification of War. Equal in power to Aries and Athena. One of the Graeae sisters-Horror. Nickname: Waster of Cities.  

Neria and her mother didn't exactly...share the same beloved bond as most demigod families.  She treated her mother like a goddess, and-in turn-her mother treated her like a demigod.  There was absolutely no love involved in the relationship.  They were merely goddess and child of some goddess-not mother and daughter.  And she liked that just fine. 

It wasn't that she didn't like her mother.  It wasn't that she didn't carry the same abilities or might as her mother.  It was simply that she didn't care.  Her mother didn't, and so she had no reason to, either. Her mother gave birth to her-fulfilling the one purpose she carried in Neria's life.  That was all.  She never asked her mother for help.  She never called, or thought of her, as a mother.  She was Enyo, and Neria-was Neria.

Her room was quiet and forlorn.  Obviously.  There were no other children of Enyo, so her stuff was littered everywhere.  Correction:  everything was organized impeccably neat. The cabin was filled with weapons, books, and drawings she had made in her spare time.  The weapons were carefully polished and kept sharp, the books spotless on bookshelves.  She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.  Her thin, silky black dress was covered by a mesh-like cloak. Her mane hung down her face, and she required no make-up to reaffirm her purpose.  Fear.  Horror.  Power. Knowledge.

She grabbed her staff in one hoof, and walked into the dreary sunlit sky.        

Living life in the shadows... It was an interesting life. He had always preferred to stay out of sight, even before he learned who his true father was. The apple truly did not fall far from the tree. 

Sicar watched the dining room silently from his dark corner, eating as he did so. There never was much interaction with any brothers or sisters on his father's side, but that was to be expected. If they were anything like him, they stayed out of sight as well, assuming they existed at all of course. 

Eclipse got up with her plate in her hooves and washed it in the sink, still muttering herself to start making friends. Once she was done, she tightened her armor and walked out of the dining room, heading for the battlefield where Chiron the centaur would oversee their practice. "Maybe I was too early?" Eclipse asked herself, noticing how empty the field was. She decided to warm up by doing some stretches until the rest of the class comes, constantly looking around for potential friends.

Midnight was slowly eating her food, focusing on her music as she ate her food. Eventually she finished her food, wondering where she could go. Combat training probably, thankfully she was already wearing clothes that would allow her to create her own masterpiece on the battlefield. Placing her food away, she made the slow walk over to the combat arena place, managing not to get lost as she saw she wasn't the first, or only, one there. Another girl was already there, stretching. Why was she so early? Well regardless, it mattered now.

Walking over to the range, she grabbed the arrows, and started loading them into her crossbow magazine. While most used bows to fire, her weapons gave her an advantage. All the time she was loading her weapons, her headphones around her ears played her music, keeping her oblivious to the world around her.  

She walked straight to the training area, not bothering with food.  She wasn't hungry-and she had learned that there was no point in wasting food on non-starving people.  Her staff was her walking stick, the weapon still under some restrictions.  As she was, she preferred to stay quiet and not fight-but all campers at Camp Half-Blood knew how deadly she could be if she did fight.  She was the single-person back-up plan in Capture the Flag games.

Two ponies were already there-a mare stretching and "warming up", and another shooting on the archery range.  Neria did well in almost everything that involved fighting, tactics, and weapons-but it didn't mean she enjoyed it.  She certainty didn't enjoy being the daughter of Enyo

She stood awkwardly, before sitting on the ground and fiddling with her staff.  She let herself blend into the dark shadows of the Earth, and stayed as invisible as a black cat at the dawn of night.

Sicar headed towards the practice area once he had finished, surprising those close to his corner with his sudden appearance. Generally, he was not seen unless he announced himself, verbally or otherwise. 

Regardless, when he got there he noticed the two mares stretching and firing arrows, the third mare remaining unseen for now. He let himself blend into a shadow as well, allowing him to notice the third mare. He gave no indication he had seen her though, simply sitting and watching the other two as he fiddled with his crossbow a bit. 

Eclipse stopped stretching when she noticed another mare come to the field and started shooting arrows. She started to walk towards the other mare, but stopped when the ponies from the other cabins arrived on the field. "Another time then" Eclipse sighed with relief and disappointment. 

Chiron arrived on the field too and looked at the demigods. "For today's combat practice, you will be sparring against the pony closest to you right now. You are only to disarm and pin down your sparring partner; any injuries or deaths will not be tolerated. Now, begin!" he said, moving to the side of the field. 

Eclipse turned and the closest pony was a stallion from the Hermes cabin who was shaking either because he was nervous or because of Eclipse's smile. "That can't be, I practiced before" Eclipse said, thinking about what went wrong which made an even scarier face. Other than that, the stallion seemed like a formidable opponent. Eclipse un-clipped her hair and snapped the clips together, folding out to become her halberd. "When you are ready" Eclipse said, pointing her weapon at the stallion.

Midnights music had stopped, shuffling to another song when she heard the instructions, pausing her music and turning around from her position at the range. She hadn't noticed Eclipse having moved towards her. She let out a sigh hearing the instructions. What was the point of fighting is she wasn't allowed to injury a sparing opponent? A sloppy artwork indeed, not worth her time. Her victims should be beautiful when they go down, a canvas for the ages, and here, she was being asked to use a chills paintbrush and crayons. To write a book with a blunt pencil, to compose music without a brass section.

She looked around, before spotting her canvas, a large, physically imposing male who wielded a large 2-handed blade and a cocky grin. He charged straight at her, not giving the Thestral time to prepare herself. Thankfully, a artist is never unprepared.

His strike misses as she takes a simple side-step, raising her wrist-mounted crossbow and firing a single a single bolt. Her shot was never going to hit, but the boy freaked out and used his front-leg armour to block her attack. "Your insane! That could have taken my eye out!"

"Oh my little puppet, don't worry your head. Shall I have to lead in this dance of ours?" Her voice wasn't childish, or mocking. No, this was her performance, this battleground her stage. If she could not create her art, then she'd make this a performance for all to witness! Witness the fall of this brutish warrior!

With a loud battle cry, he swung at her again, only for her to easily dodge him again, and watch. "Don't mock me! Stand and fight me you coward!"

Twakt! was the only sound that followed, as the boy yelled out again. Not in victory, but in pain! He collapsed on the ground, his blade forgotton, grabbing at his foot. Sticking out of his shoe was a single arrow. The sharp head itself has only lightly penetrated the skin, and he would only need a bandage, a childs work in Midnight opinion. She raised an eyebrow at her collapsed opponent. He was disarmed and in no position to continue the fight. Such a poor show for her estimated audience...

She turned her attention to the Centaur, knowing he would be displeased with her performance. She opted to take the lead in what she anticipated to be a verbal engagement, a dance that has each its own steps that must be followed.  

"How am I expected to create art, when you limit me?"

Within the shadows, she watched the scenes unfold.  

Chiron approaching her fellow campers.

Chiron giving instructions.

The mare-the one that was stretching-poising to fight with some axe-weapony thing.  Halberd, was it?

The mare-the one that was at the archery range-battling out the mare-the one that was stretching-and fighting some camper.  

Wait.  Her eyes blinked in confusing as her mind tried to puzzle in names for the two mares.  She couldn't think of the one fighting the mare-at-the-archery-range.  But she was scrambling her mind for the archery mare.  Midness?  Midern?  Mightnin?  Midnight?

Yes, that was it.  Midnight was fighting the camper.

And Midnight won.  

The camper was hurt.  She blinked and shook her head.  That wasn't allowed?  If hurting and killing were allowed in practice, she would have shone out her skills long ago.

She turned back to her own situation, realize it was now her turn to battle out the pony closest to her.  She didn't turn her head, or even glance.  She could sense the stallion near her-also hidden within shadows.  No, he was in  the shadows.  Her mouth twitched in the slightest form of respect, but she made no move to get up, or even prepare her staff. She simply continued sitting there-cross-legged-and watching the ponies in the brightly lit sun.  

She knew that any camper smart enough would never pick a fight with a child of Aries.  To pick a fight with Athena's daughter or son was surely death.  To pick a fight with Enyo-the living embodiment of horror, equal in battle to both Athena and Aries, the literal mothership of destruction and killing, the personification of war-was something even the gods dared not do.  

Neria placed her staff horizontally across her lap-seeing if the stallion near her would be as foolish as she imagined.

The stallion charged at her, which of course a huge mistake. As the stallion came close enough to her, she planted her halberd vertically into the ground, grabbed it with both hooves and swung around (looks like tether ball) it to dodge the attack. She kept going around and kicked the stallion onto the ground, positioning herself so that she was sitting on him and making sure he could do nothing. "Maybe this guy could be my friend" Eclipse thought, forcing another smile as she looked down at the stallion. The stallion looked up at her face and started to tremble. "Does it look that bad?" she thought with a sigh, picking up her halberd and scraping the dirt off it. 

Chiron looked down at the demigod who was speaking to him. "The purpose of this exercise was to observe how your opponent moves and how they change. You were advised not to injure them so that you could have continuous fights without having to go in and out of the infirmary. But if you do want a more suitable opponent for yourself..." he said, instructing satyrs to take the injured colt away before gesturing to a blue female pegasus with a halberd who was sitting on a stallion. "...then fight her"

Sicar was not sure if he wanted to participate in this exercise or not, but he supposed he should to hone his skills a bit more. He gazed around as he watched the two mares fight their opponents before being turned on each other by Chiron. His gaze eventually settled on the other mare in the shadows with him. He stared for a moment or so before moving closer to her.

"Are you in need of a sparring partner?" He asked her simply, watching her with his weapons still in their necklace form. He did not necesarily want to battle her, but nobody else was going to ask her given that she was hidden in the shadows.

Midnight had already started contemplating how easy it would be to make art of out him, where to shoot, during her lecture. Had she heard something similar before, yes. She'd done something similar like this when she'd first arrived and received a long lecture about how breaking 2 front legs during a combat simulation was a step too far. After that, she'd attempted to tone down her art work, to varying levels of success.

But now, she was being given a new canvas, a clean canvas. She tilted her head looking at the mare as she broke down what she was working with. Mare, Pegasus...Wings could be problematic, but large weapon implies she can't take off, leaving her, with wings of her own, at advantage. She smiled. Yes, yes this will work. I can truly make her beautiful...

She began a slow walk towards the other mare, slowing down and eventually stopping a metre away from her, finally noticing she was, sitting on someone?

"The stage is set, my dear, the audience awaits a most daring performance from the actors..." She raises her crossbows, and smiles an innocent smile, right as a single arrow fires straight at Eclipse. A dance would soon be afoot, and when its steps had been done, her opponent would be beautiful! Oh she was a slave to her own perfection!

She heard the stallion beside her speak-Sicar, was it?  She pretended to ignore him, giving no sign that she heard his words-and gave no reaction with her weapon.  He was watching her, she could feel his stare.  She almost smiled-well, isn't somepony feeling lucky today~  It wasn't anyday that a pony asked her to fight, but then-it wasn't anyday that the shadows belonged to more than herself.  

She turned towards him, tilting her head in a somewhat mocking smile as of those Aphrodite demigods.  But her smile was anything from sweet and kind.  It was the same as of her aura-dark, fear-forgiving, and deadly.  

If you want to fight, all you have to do is make the first move...

Eclipse noticed a mare walking towards her, saying weird stuff as she approached Eclipse. Eclipse tilted her head gripping tightly to her weapon when the mare stopped walking. As soon as the mare raised her crossbows and fired the arrow, Eclipse raised her halberd and sliced the arrow in half from tip to tail. "I didn't know we had psychopaths in the camp" Eclipse said as she twirled her halberd over her head and slammed it's butt on the ground. She got up from the stallion and moved him away as two halves of the arrow almost hit him. "She's probably my new partner. No idea how or why we are switching though" she thought, remembering she was the mare who came to the field soon after she did and started shooting arrows. "Being friends with her suddenly doesn't seem like a good idea anymore"

'She....cut it in half...She cut my arrow in half with her large weapon. Impressive indeed, an actress worthy of my time perhaps. Shame I can't put her in my gallery for this would be a fight of true mastery' Although Midnight was shocked the girl had managed to cut her arrow in half, she didn't show it. Her face as impassive as ever.

"Psychopath? You use titles of what you call illness to justify what you do no understand. I may be mad, but this is my stage, this dance is my own masterpiece. All artists are mad"

She flared her bat-like wings out, and raised her crossbow on her left forleg, aiming it right at the Pegasus. But she waited, her eyes watching the other mare with a look of curiosity. Would she strike first, or allow her to begin their dance? After all, armed with crossbows, this dances steps were already in motion. The girl with the large weapon, a weapon Midnight had never seen before, would have to get close to engage, and she, being armed with crossbows, would keep her distance. The first steps to their dance, the chase between herself and that girl. Whoever took the lead in that dance, could dictate the remaining waltz of death.

"This stage is unworthy of my talents, but I shall elevate it for my audience. And now, let the curtain rises, and the first act begin..." She fired several bolts in quick succession of eachother, a task only possible due to her magazine she'd created, and waited for her opponent to take her steps in their dance, steps already predetermined by this stage and script.

Sicar simply kept his gaze on the mare as he awaited her response. It wasn't quite the response he had been expecting, given that it was nonverbal and it seemed to be inviting him to make the first move. He gave a small hum as he looked at her smile, his own face remaining impassive as he stared back at her.

"Very well then." He said, cracking his neck a bit before his hoof shot out, trying to hit Neria in the throat to incapacitate her. He immediately jumped back after the strike, in case it didn't go to plan, summoning his weapons to float on either side of him in his magic.

She looked at him, finally turning her head just as his hoof shot out to hit her neck.  The world seemed to slow down around her.

She took a deep breath.

She swept one leg out to the side, bending the other one.

She was now in a low, crouched battle stance.  

She gave a slight tug to her staff, and the spear doubled in front of her.

His blow hit her, but she gave no motion to move.  Pain was something she had grown used to.  

She watched and waited-

He reeled back, summoning his weapons by levitation magic.  

Of the group that was fighting at the moment, she was the only one with little physical advantage.  She had no wings.  She had no magic.  

But she had her resilience.

To sum it up, she hated camp.  It was full of fighting and battling and battlefield games.  She hated fighting.  She hated to idea of hurting somepony, or even trying to cause harm.  She hated it.  She had been called a coward several times-unwilling to fight or step foot onto the battlefield.  Ponies tended to underestimate her because of her supposed "cowardice".  They didn't realize how much she hated fighting.  How she couldn't control the bloodthirst after it began.  How she had to see each and every pony on the battlefield-enemy or ally-injured or bleeding or...dead.  They didn't realize how she goes mad after the first strike.  How her mind races to experience the joy of killing and destruction.  

So she had chosen another way.  To not fight.

She bowed her head down, and kneeled into a pose of submission before the stallion.

"Very well then, let's dance" Eclipse said with one of her failed smiles, flaring her wings out too. She spins her halberd in front of her to block the incoming arrows, running towards the mare as she does. This mare was certainly a weird one, maybe she had a traumatizing past of some sort? Or maybe she is actually just crazy? "No time to think about that. I have to concentrate" she thought as she quickly sprinted to the left of the mare and swung her weapon at her. Honestly she isn't bothered to fight anymore and her goal of making friends seemed impossible to accomplish with a weirdo. "I wanna go to back to bed..."

Sicar kept his gaze on the mare as they stared each other down. He narrowed his eyes a bit as she silently gave up the fight, bowing her head and kneeling. He wasn't sure if she was sincere or not, given that she had also pulled out her weapon. After a few moments, he gave a small hum, his gaze still on her.

"Very well." He said again, putting his weapons away and giving her a bow. "You only needed to say no before." He added, wondering why she had essentially invited him to start a fight if she did not wish to fight.

She nodded, pleased that she had such a respectful opponent.  Part of her wanted to ask him and talk to him.  Maybe invite him over to her cabin to talk about his levitation.  Maybe...make a friend. Another part of her wanted to strike him.  Take him by surprise while his weapon was away and he was unready.  That was the true way of battle, afterall. 

"Expect the unexpected" she had heard somewhere from long before.  Perhaps it was time to teach him that lesson.  Or not.  She slid back into the shadows, deliberating what to do.  To be honest-she was afraid.  Afraid of her abilities, of her madness and bloodthirst.  She made no friends not because she enjoyed her solo company-but because she was afraid she would hurt them.  She didn't want to see them injured one day because of her...or worse.  

When she first joined camp, more than one camper had been happy to make friends with her.  She had shooed them away one by one-until the magic had finally washed over her and she was "officially claimed".  She knew she was the daughter of Enyo from years ago.  Her mother had frequently appeared to her, often to teach her the ways of war or grant her weapons.  It was not a pleasant experience.  

The magic of her mother had given her the benefit of a dark and horrorful aura.  Ponies near her automatically felt afraid and odd...being next to a truly dark being.  Her lack of visible magic hadn't helped-neither had her bloodthirst.  Her abilities with any weapon made her a valuable ally, and being unafraid of dead, war, killing, or anything of the sort had made her the most prided position she had ever gained.  The Back-Up Plan in Capture the Flag.  

Her magic was dark, but she was even darker.

Midnight grinned seeing Eclipse charge in, seemingly focusing on attacking from the left side, forcing the Thestral to flap her wings and throw herself to the right, as far away from the blade as possible! The dance was upon them, the steps of their waltz taking place. She felt her blood pumping as she re-took her aim and fired another barrage of arrows. A true performance, a true actress blessed with the skills of a warrior!

She couldn't hide her happiness as it flushed onto her face during the battle "Yes! What a grand dance, such perfect moves!" She had to give her opponent credit, she knew the moves to this dance, perhaps even better than herself. A dance to the death, a deadly duet, shame they wouldn't go further, the battle had only begun and this was her greatest masterpiece in years! Continuing to flip out of the way of the large weapon, Midnight realized she may have been wrong indeed.

This stage was worthy, but perhaps it was her, the composer, who was unworthy of such a spectacle, to be part of such majesty. With an opponent like that, it was clear. Midnight was in love with her art, and Eclipse, was the perfect canvas to work with. But not to put up and away, oh no, this mare was beautiful on the battleground, a graceful hawk hunting down her prey. She would remain...she must remain...

This mare had an aura about her, one of darkness. Such things did not phase him, however. He was the dark. He was a child of the shadows. He may not have appeared so, but he was ready to act at a moment's notice. He was well aware he had created an opening for a surprise attack, but he was ready for it. 

Thankfully, the attack never came, and the mare backed up into the shadows. He still knew where she was, of course, but he let her be for now. 

"Bleh, of course I missed" Eclipse thought as she faced her opponent again. The mare fired more arrows at her but from a longer distance, telling Eclipse that she may not be comfortable with close combat. She quickly cut or knocked the arrows away and ran in circles around the mare. She needed to think of a way to approach the mare fast enough that she wouldn't be able to react.

The mare actually reminded her of a character from a book she read about ghouls. She reminded her of the gourmet that...yea back to the problem at hoof.

With an idea in her head she stopped running and jumped into the air, flying as high as she needed to. She then stopped flapping her wings, diving back down with her rear hoof and halberd blade pointing down at the mare. 

Archived