Camp Half Blood-Heroes of Equestria

SymphonicFire

Midnight watched as the girls mind worked, curious as to where this would go. Would she be left behind, once again, as always? She was prepared for it, and actively kept to herself. Even her relationship was Eclipse was like that, purely circumstantial because the mare had gotten the better of her. She took a slight breath seeing the arrow hit the tree, no target, she could see it was the middle. You didn't make that shot without experience. Maybe this girl WAS worth the effort.  Although, she had NO IDEA what she meant by wanting a leaf. She shot was no where near a leaf that she could see, then again, her eyesight wasn't perfect in daylight.

"Impressive shot...You might be something...? Name?" She was curious why the girl came to her, she wasn't the best 'archer' on camp, there were others with higher scores, so she was curious. This couldn't have been a professional visit to learn...there was something more in this. Like a perfect act, the perfect speech. So much importance is in what is said, but even more in what is not said. And right now, Midnight needed to know what this girl wasn't telling her.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She bit her lip, clearly flustered that Midnight understood nothing from what she tried to show.  She grimaced and sighed, before saying, "Neria.  Daughter of Enyo,"

Soooo, she wasn't big on small talk? Despite the girl coming to HER cabin, she seemed to refuse to say anything other than what was. It was a unique style of, whatever she was attempting.

"Midnight, of Tartarus..." she stated, although she had a feeling this Neria already knew that. Why would the daughter of one of the gods of horror, of death murder and chaos come to her?

She froze.  She turned towards Midnight and stared her straight into her eye.  

"I want to learn how to fight with this,"  

Wow.  That was almost equivalent of what she spoke in an entire week!  She relaxed her muscles, unaware that she had tightened them in the first place.  It's okay....it's okay~

Midnight didn't understand this girl. What was with her? And what an odd request of all things. She was Enyo's daughter...Why would she want to learn from Tartarus' daughter? Still...

"Tonight after lights out, sneak out and meet me at the south wall, we'll see if you're up to the challenge of creating a true masterpiece there" She says softly, a smile on her face. It wasn't common for her to smile this much, but circumstances were fun. She would do it now, but was well aware dinner was upcoming soon and hated distractions during a lesson. She flopped down on her bed, not implying her to leave, nor stay. Honestly Midnight didn't care if the girl stayed in her room or not, there wasn't much she could do, and besides, she had little to hide in front of her.

Once Eclipse had her plate of food, she scraped some into the fire as an offering to the gods and sat down at her cabin's table. Looking around, the dining hall was quite empty. "Perhaps no one is hungry yet" Eclipse said as she shoved a daisy into her mouth. "I wonder if somepony is going to be claimed at the campfire..."

As the girl flopped onto her bed, Neria walked into the room.  She was...entranced by it.  Midnight was Tartarus' daughter-a specimen as rare as herself.  She knew the various legends that circled around the girl's father, but it seemed so surreal that she was speaking to the daughter of Tartarus herself.  She was...in awe.

She gave her mind a slight shake.  C'mon!  I'm Enyo's daughter!  I don't get 'awed' by this sort of silly moment!

Her head disagreed.  

She sat down on the floor next to Midnight's bed, pleased that she hadn't run away in fear yet.  She traced her hoof over her crossbow, and began examining it for scratches in a mundane attempt to seem busy.

Midnight was surprised the girl didn't leave, but her call. Midnight cared little, until she could see the worth in this mare. While her aura was powerful, if that's all she had, then bleh! Still, there was one thing she knew for certain, or near certain. Neria and her mother didn't get along. She could see it in the girls eyes, her stance, her words. She found that the sadess part of all. To be so gifted, yet ignored...a sad fate indeed. Eventually she sat up, and walked for the door

"Feel free to stay, lock it when you leave...And if you steal, ANYTHING, I shall paint you in your blood"

she smiles sweetly before heading towards dinner. She was hungry, and no one, not even the daughter of Eyno, would steal from her.

Unlike Midnight, Neria wasn't hungry.  

She looked around the cabin, seeing the crossbows and music equipment slung around.  She gave a smile herself, pleased to see that other campers were enjoying their stay here.  It wasn't like they had anywhere else to go, either~

Alas, her mind was quickly bored.  She stepped from the cabin and locked it, heading towards the dining area.  Maybe I'll see more of that Sicar and Midnight~

Eclipse finished her dinner and looked around her. It was definitely more crowded than when she had started eating, also noticing the colt who asked her to duel at combat practice. She got up and washed her plate, putting it in a basin before she left the dinning hall and headed for the campfire. She was pretty much the only one there, so she just sat on the ground and started to daydream. "I made one friend today. Perhaps I should make another at the campfire" Eclipse mumbled, looking at the trees. "I have also learned that there are strange but gifted ponies here at camp...am I considered one of them?"

Midnight found her food and quickly, silently, ate it alone, not seeing Eclipse at the table and so, focused on the food. She took 5 minutes before licked her lips clean, surprised at herself before remembering she hadn't done that much physical activity in some time and her body was adapting its requirements to allow her to do so again.

Standing up, she exited the hall before freezing like a ton of bricks. Ice flooded her veins, an all-too familiar feeling. Dread. Something was wrong, something somewhere was wrong. She looked around her, and didn't see anyone paying attention to her, but she wasn't fully aware of her surroundings and was within sightline of the Campfire where Eclipse currently sat. She tried to feel for what was wrong, to understand the cause of such dread in her heart, her soul even. But there was nothing but emptiness, a void where she expected to find guidance. So lost in her own mind, she stood there like a statue, and would continue to until someone awoken her from an invisible slumber.

She grabbed a bite quickly, preferring to stuff her mouth with quick bites of sandwiches.  It was a habit she carried from living in the streets.  Afterall, you never quite knew when your meal would be over~  Or when someone would steal it...

She decided to sneak over to the campfire, wanting some warmth.  She wasn't quite sure how, or why, but staying in Midnight's cabin gave her...

...chills.

She took a deep breath, and began to walk over.  Something was lodged in her mind, a piece of something.  Something told her something was wrong.  She searched her mind.  A camper missing?  No.  A camper injured?  The Apollo kids would take care of that.

But yet, she couldn't shake the feeling off herself.

• 1 month later...

Eclipse continued to daydream, thinking about the things that she had been thinking about in all her time in camp. The thing that always troubles her was how others felt about her mother. Sure, she is scary and all that, but it doesn't leave Eclipse shaking under her covers at night. No one really seems to like Nyx or just respects her out of fear, putting her below Dionysus in the camp's popularity contest, and everyone hates the director. She didn't really read about her mother that much either, so it was no wonder why she doesn't understand, but maybe it was better not to.

Eclipse looked around and noticed people starting to gather around the bonfire. She made eye-contact with a few people and smiled at them, but they all look away before they see it. "Bleh, whatever"

"What do you want me to do father....?" She says softly to herself as she returns to the world around her, looking around and soon spotting the campfire, walking herself over before spotting..Eclipse, the girl from before. She noticed she sat alone, and moved next to her, smiling slightly.

"Spots not taken?" she asked, remembering that humour was meant to be something that brought people together, right?

Sicar had to wonder, was making a friend really the best idea? Perhaps he should just leave them alone and stick to what he had been doing before...

Regardless, the shadowy stallion showed up at the bonfire, looking around before taking a seat by himself. He sighed quietly, staring into the flames and wondering what his father would say to do about friends. 

Neria arrived by the fire, sitting just close enough to feel it's warmth.  She took a deep breath into it, before recording the ponies around her.

Eclipse...her name was it?  She seemed a bit tryhard, smiling at everypony nearby that had arrived and trying to look them in the eye.  Neria sensed a strange aura around her-almost like mine.  So maybe the two of them had a lot more similar than she had expected...So what?  It's not like I'm trying to make friends or anything with those noobs.  She tried to shake the thoughts from her mind, but she couldn't help but see a hint of the same desperation she saw in herself not so long ago.  They always talk about 'everyone matters' and 'every pony is a friend'; but when put to the test, it's the rarity of us that leaves us out.  

Midnight was also there, sitting beside Eclipse.  She seemed to start striking up a conversation, and Neria almost smiled to see that the mare-not-so-unlike-herself was being comforted.  The one thing I'll never have.

Sicar was next in her vision, staring into the flames-mesmerized by it's dance.  Or by his thoughts.  He seemed deep in thought, and any ideas about approaching him were quickly turned away in her mind.  

What was she feeling?  Lonely.  

Like always.

Eclipse gave up and noticed Midnight sitting next to her. "Nope, it's free" she replied, smiling back. She turned to the campfire and watched the flames dance on the logs, the mare from before catching the corner of her eye. Eclipse remembered getting a weird vibe from her when she got close to her, must have been her imagination though. Midnight was talking to her earlier so maybe she isn't all that bad. "Would your friend like to sit with us?" she asked, looking at the mare's direction. It was time that she takes every opportunity to get to know other campers as she will be living with them until the day she dies, she can't keep a low profile forever.

Midnight frowned slightly, following Eclipse's eyes to Neria...The girl from before....

"I...friend? I, I don't know if we're friends, b-but I mean, she's a little...stand-alone I think...." she says, looking over at Neria and waving to her, unsure if she'd even get a reaction from the daughter of Enyo. Part of her suspected, much like herself, Neria would keep to herself given her heratige. The only reason, the true reason, Midnight was spenting time with Eclipse was because the mare, on the battlefield, was a beautiful sight to behold.

Neria saw Eclipse turn over and talk to Midnight.  She gave an inner smile, pleased to see fellow campers enjoying their time and making new friends.  Lost in thought, she barely noticed Eclipse look over at her.  She wasn't quite sure how to react, and merely did as she had before.  Sit...and watch.  Wait for the world to show me what it's got.  

As Eclipse looked over, she seemed to be saying something-to which Midnight replied hesitantly. 

And then she waved Neria over.

The thought itself was overpowered, and she blinked twice to confirm she wasn't in a dream.  Did she just...wave me over?  Perhaps she was thinking too quickly, or her tactful mind had already wormed itself into a simple gesture.  Whatever so, the effort was clear: Somepony wanted me.  And it took all she could to keep from bounding over and hugging them both.

She walked over to the duo, "Hello,"

Archived