Need an avatar and a drawing done

Zephyr

Hello... I saw this request area and thought maybe i could ask for an avatar and a drawing of me please? here's my pic:

imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur

I don't mind what pose he's in or the like...as long as you tried. Same goes for the avatar too I guess..

10 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Hello... I saw this request area and thought maybe i could ask for an avatar and a drawing of me please? here's my pic:

imageproxy.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur

I don't mind what pose he's in or the like...as long as you tried. Same goes for the avatar too I guess..

Wait-so are you asking for two images?

And I agree with QL-it might be best to get to know us a bit more first :) 

I was pretty bored tonight, so I gave it a go, mostly because the hair kind of intrigued me. Just a quick headshot, you could probably use it as an avatar if you'd like:

3rmGLRZ.png

Keep active on the site - lots of stuff coming up soon, and several threads to join right now. There's the Free For All area where you can just start RPing however you want (within site rules, of course), and then there's the WoE area where you need to submit a character application first before you start RPing. Plus Spam stables, Chit Chat, all sorts of stuff. Welcome to Canterlot.com!

10 hours ago, Zeig said:

I was pretty bored tonight, so I gave it a go, mostly because the hair kind of intrigued me. Just a quick headshot, you could probably use it as an avatar if you'd like:

3rmGLRZ.png

Keep active on the site - lots of stuff coming up soon, and several threads to join right now. There's the Free For All area where you can just start RPing however you want (within site rules, of course), and then there's the WoE area where you need to submit a character application first before you start RPing. Plus Spam stables, Chit Chat, all sorts of stuff. Welcome to Canterlot.com!

Thank you...but it keeps giving me an error when I try to sue it as one.

20 hours ago, QuickLime said:

Might be better to get to know the community before you attempt to ask it for free things

Might also want to read this thread over before requesting as well :Link

It may be easier for you to get to know them... but I don't have much to say to people these days... considering most won't even reply to threads if they don't like them. They either consider a topic not worth their time or they do; at least to me it feels that way.

26 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

It may be easier for you to get to know them... but I don't have much to say to people these days... considering most won't even reply to threads if they don't like them. They either consider a topic not worth their time or they do; at least to me it feels that way.

You had no problem requesting free art from them, I'm not sure how it's any harder to  join discussions and actually talk to people...

35 minutes ago, QuickLime said:

You had no problem requesting free art from them, I'm not sure how it's any harder to  join discussions and actually talk to people...

Yeah cause I wasn't thinking.. If I try i end up making a fool of myself.

Mm, people don't join threads they don't like. If they did they'd be playing something they wouldn't really want to play, which would kill their motivation and the quality of their writing, or just prevent them from posting. So... you ought to propose or join something you and others would enjoy. A lot of people like to play slice of life or adventure threads for example, and I see a few alternate universe and crossover threads too. If you like one of those, chances are you'll find someone to play with.

Getting to know folks is a gradual thing, all I can say is you pretty much just have to try to talk to them. Provided you're following the rules, the worst that can happen is that you make a fool of yourself. I believe I make a fool of myself all the time around here, and if I saw someone else do it I'd forget it right away. :blush: When someone says something dumb I might laugh, but when they say something clever and creative I'll listen, and it's the latter that's more memorable. You could have some interesting ideas for stories, lore, characters or anything else, and we'd never know if you don't speak up. Give it a go, you might have fun!

15 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Hey, hey...

We aren't so judgmental, and I don't think any of us are immature enough to not reply to a thread just because we don't like a person.  Heck, of all 1963 posts-I've only met one person I can't quite get past "acquaintance" with.  And I'm not even his enemy!  

Try things out here :)  We're friendly, nice, and welcoming!

Sorry for what?

This is a forum-discussing is what we do!  

(And if it involves a new user asking for art...it usually gets into a big-ish discussion :).)  

You don't need to apologize for anything! 

On 6/9/2016 at 5:21 AM, Lyipheoryia said:

Sorry for what?

This is a forum-discussing is what we do!  

(And if it involves a new user asking for art...it usually gets into a big-ish discussion :).)  

You don't need to apologize for anything! 

I'm just used to it I guess...

But also here's what I think:

If you're gonna do artwork, do it more for fun instead of money. Its hardly fair to those who don't have the money to pay for it such as I. A small request for a full body isn't a commission worthy piece. A commission is a bigger one, much more detailed version. What I asked for was small, not big. I love what people do for me, I don't just say, "get to know people before you ask for art." That's just not how it works.

And what Zeig did I appreciate so much.. but other bronies i meet that don't, i feel bad for. They've lost sight of what's really important to them, the passion is gone. I've been told mlpf has people who are passionate about what they do, it's all for practice and to improve themselves, whatever happened here to make people this way?

5 hours ago, Zephyr said:

If you're gonna do artwork, do it more for fun instead of money. Its hardly fair to those who don't have the money to pay for it such as I.

Artists need money to survive too, you know. It's not really fair to expect artists to do what they're passionate about without being able to make a penny off their labors. Sure, some artists may be happy to offer freebies now and then (like Zeig), but always keep in mind that free art is not something you can always expect to be entitled to.

I don't just say, "get to know people before you ask for art." That's just not how it works.

Every community has its own particular set of rules and norms that must be followed for someone to fit in. That's just how life works. ^_^

I've been told mlpf has people who are passionate about what they do, it's all for practice and to improve themselves, whatever happened here to make people this way?

Simple: MLP Forums attracts more of the sort of artists willing to provide freebies because they're simply a much larger community. THE largest forum-based community for MLP, mind you. The artists who patronize our community love to practice and improve themselves just like all other creative people; they just don't all feel a particular need to set up request shops for other users, that's all. :P

------------------

In the interest of preventing a dogpile of counter-opinions; I'm going to do you a premature favor by mercy-killing this topic. Your request thread has long since served its intended purpose; there's no need to keep in alive any longer.

Archived