CMC, Filly Up! (Attn: Steel)

RainbowFoxxy

fyDUks7.jpgmgIs3vA.jpgDR8Sg8a.jpg

"Come on y'all, we gotta get this place ready for tonight!"

"Don't worry about it Abby, this party is going to be EPIC!"

"Won't be epic if'n we don't have everything we need..."

"Excuse me, but we have everything we need," Diamond nodded at the huge pile of items near the door of the farmhouse. "I told mother she needed to make sure to get us the best chocolate in Ponyville. It's imported from Canterlot of course."

"That's super Diamond Tiara but what Abby means is we gotta get this stuff form a pile on the floor to where it needs to be before the guest of honor gets here!"

Diamond sighed loudly. "I thought you guys were the Cutie Mark Crusaders, this should be easy for you."

Apple Bloom trotted over and put a hoof over Diamond's shoulders. "You mean easy for us right?"  She smiled. "You're a Crusader too now remember?"

"Of course I remember!" She rolled her eyes but then smiled back at her friend. "I wouldn't forgot the most important moment of my life would I?" She pulled back and trotted over to the pile of cool party supplies. "Let's get this taken care of!"

A short while later everything was ready. They knew what they had to do. Apple Jack had been clear that they would be helping cousin Valen discover who he really was. What his destiny would be! A perfect reason for a truly fun sleep over party! If anypony could help him on his way it would be the CMC!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had been, even for a colt who modeled as a filly, an unusual week. Not that some elements of it couldn't be turned to his positive outlook, but that required honest effort on his part and wasn't coming naturally. Too many questions and the slow steamroller of confusion had been a little much for him. Not that long ago, cousin Applejack and her friend Rainbow Dash had discovered what he did for a career- and as a hobby, and some would say lifestyle if they were trying to make it a superior discussion. This had resulted in an impromptu show and the belief he wanted to be a mare. He had went out on a night with them as a mare, a night on the town if you were, and that didn't help matters anyway.

Applejack earnestly and honestly believed he wanted to live like a filly. She was wearing him down, offering ideas, opinions, thoughts and concerns revolving around it. His negatory words had been deflected and forgotten. Thankfully, it was just words. Knowing how stubborn Applejack was the words would continue but he was sure that after a time they would be placed on the backburner. He was focused more on getting prepared for his own semester here in Ponyville than anything else. Public school would be so different from the private school he was used to. More interaction, less academia, a better experience if not curriculum. He was ready for that. Excited even!

After finishing up some paperwork he was going to return to Sweet Apple Acres for comfort and joy. Thankfully only Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Prince/Princess Blueblood/Bluebelle knew what was going on, so he didn't have to deal with the whole Apple family crashing down on him. He was enjoying them all, but especially getting to know his cousin Apple Bloom more. She was rambunctious and energetic, neither of which was a hallmark for him. Rarely had she been found wanting for ideas on how to spend their time, and today would be no different he was sure. He even made sure to buy her a cupcake on the way home, because she was cool enough for one.

He came home and then made his way- wait what.
"Hello there...Diamond Tiara and Scootaloo!" He said quickly, going through the name registry in his head. And what was with all this? "I see you've been busy. What's the occasion?"

thwsUUZ.jpgmgIs3vA.jpg

Abby looked up from the last sleeping bag she had unrolled.

"Cousin Valen!" She trotted right over. "Glad you could make it!" She breathed a small sigh of relief.

"Whew! We got that done just in time!"

"Yeah, good thing you've got me here to get things rolling," Tiara rolled her eyes and then winked at Scootaloo.

"Not sure where we'd be without you!" Scootaloo threw a playful hoof around Diamond. "Come on, let's go greet our guest!"

"Surprise!" All three of them shouted as they ushered Valen further into the farmhouse.

"Are you ready for the most super awesome sleep over bash you've ever had?" Scootaloo gestured at the room in front of them. "We've got treats and sweets galore! Supplies for facials and hooficures! Pillows for pillow fighting!"

Diamond smirked. "Count me out of the pillow fights please."

"Anyways, it's gonna be a super terrific night cousin! So glad we could do this for you!" Abby smiled. "I hope you're surprised!"

Sweetie Belle trotted in the door at that point. She was breathing hard and panting. "Whew! Sorry I'm late you guys! I was getting the supplies you asked for Abby. I've got them right here in my saddleba-..."

"Uhhhh!" Abby jumped in front of Sweetie and spoke to her out of the corner of her mouth. "That's for later Sweetie Belle! Take them upstairs and put them in my room."

"Oh! Ok! I'll be right back!" Sweetie trotted upstairs, her saddle bad full of an interesting surprise.

"Anyway, maybe we should get started?" Diamond was eyeing the s'more supplies on the table. "I'm pretty hungry!"

What had he stepped into? One moment he was returning home and looking forward to relaxation, and the next he was being pulled in by his strong cousin and her friends on arrival. What possible situation could present itself to demand his presence as well as all of them? Only something truly terrible! Joking, joking. But for all of it, very nice to be around some of them. Diamond Tiara had a fetching quality about her looks and Scootaloo had a bit of that rough housing fun to her. Very much like Apple Bloom in that regard- a nice set of ponies, but why had they been waiting so excitedly for him? Surely they had more entertaining ponies to wait for. Judging by how Apple Bloom was treating this though, it was something made FOR him. Being the center of attention anywhere other than the stage was bad news for him.

Though he couldn't guess that at first. A sleepover didn't sound terrible. Not his chosen way to spend an evening but there was a lot of worse ways. But as the list of what they had planned droned on, it dawned on him that they knew. They had to- manicures and hooficures and whatnot were definitely activities meant for filly sleepovers. He could excuse it as simply them having planned something already, but the fact they seemed so excited to get him told him that wasn't the case. This was for him, they knew, how to react? They had went to a lot of work for it. It would be very rude to simply deny them and move on, and it would likely cause issues. And what would it help? If they knew, they knew, and if he made them angry they could tell more. "Sounds...very nice, fillies. C-count me out of the pillow fight too," he said, knowing that likely wouldn't help either Diamond or himself.

He looked around. There had been a lot of work done to make this place wonderfully presentable. Candy, drinks, activities- the whole nine tails and then some. Could a pony have asked for more from a sleepover? He thought not, especially as yet another pony came in- Sweetie Belle, another of Abby's friends. This was turning into a overstuffed mess of cute. But special supplies? What were they talking about? "Hey, uhh, what-" he began before he sniffed something. "Oooh, is that capicorn scented mayflower punch I smell?" 

thwsUUZ.jpgmgIs3vA.jpg

"Of course it's mayflower punch. I had mother fetch it for me on her shopping run earlier today." She trotted over to ladle out a cup for their guest. "Can't have a truly fantastic sleep over without the proper punch!" 

"That's right cousin! We got everything we need to have the most amazin' and spectacular sleepover shindig you've ever been to!"

Sweetie Belle trotted back down stairs. "We even got you special pajamas to sleep in! They're the softest ones I could find in your size and the most absor-"

"Absorlutly perfect pajamas out there! Errrr, heh heh..." Abby narrowed her gaze at Sweetie Belle. 

"Sweetie Belle, don't go ruining the surprise..." She muttered out of the corner of her muzzle.

"Um, who's up for s'mores!?" Scootaloo tried to distract Valen by moving him over towards the snack table. "See we have marshmallows, gram crackers, and three kinds of chocolate! Then there's these candles we can roast the marshmallows over!"

"Yum! Count me in!" Abby reached for s'more supplies enthusiastically. 

Diamond Tiara stood off to the side for a moment, sipping punch. "I think I'll just let this feeding frenzy die down before I eat. You could loose a hoof it you stuck it in there right now..."

There was almost too much going in for Valen to process, if only because he was trying to recover from another one of his walled defenses going down. At this rate all that would be left would be the Keep of his mind, but by then he assumed that all of this would settle into a comfortable situation. Time- time was all it took in most situations. He hoped this would be likewise. "Thank you for the punch. Fantastic choice on the Mayflower by the way," he said and took the cup that was offered. "It has a great taste and a superb after kick," he added in a complimentary fashion, his natural politeness providing a great bulwark against concern.

"That's right cousin! We got everything we need to have the most amazin' and spectacular sleepover shindig you've ever been to!"

"Well, that'll be nice. I've never been to one before, so it should be fun to see how they go!" he said in full honesty. The academy colts and fillies of his hometown weren't much for such activities. 

"We even got you special pajamas to sleep in! They're the softest ones I could find in your size and the most absor-"

"Absorlutly perfect pajamas out there! Errrr, heh heh..."

Special pajamas? What are they talking about? The hair on the back of his neck raised in partial alarm at the possibility, especially as Apple Bloom's attempted cover was as obvious as the sun in the sky. "What do you-" he began before he was interrupted, much to the relief of his cousin no doubt.

"Um, who's up for s'mores!? See we have marshmallows, gram crackers, and three kinds of chocolate! Then there's these candles we can roast the marshmallows over!"

"Yum! Count me in!"

His mind was still lost in the weeds of the previous confusion when he allowed himself to see such a beautiful sight. All of these delicious treats- yum! He wouldn't be able to eat a lot of it as his diet, while not extreme, had some hard limits on it. "Ooh, delicious setup. This looks like it wasn't cheap- how long have you four been planning this?" he asked, probing mostly for whether or not to talk to Applejack about keeping secrets more secret.

"I think I'll just let this feeding frenzy die down before I eat. You could loose a hoof it you stuck it in there right now..."

Valen laughed lightly, also hanging back with his punch. "I believe you are correct there. Apple Bloom can be a voracious eater. You should see her at the dinner table. Its like watching a rabid dog devour a pack of griffon meats," he said, remembering vividly the Aqueillian merchant his family got their dog food from. "So, I don't believe we've had a proper introduction before, Miss Tiara. How do you know my cousin, if I may ask?"

thwsUUZ.jpgmgIs3vA.jpg

Diamond Tiara just could not resist giving her eyes a roll as she watched her three new friends going to town in stacks of smores and cups of punch. She sighed and answered Valen's question.

"You're right of course, we haven't been properly introduced...probably because my friends here didn't introduce us. It seems they find eating smores like savages to be more important..." She lightened up. "Anyway, I'm Diamond Tiara and you are Valen Orange. Apple Bloom told me all about you." She eyed him for a moment, trying to make Abby's description of him work.

Diamond had been wondering why they were throwing a slumber party for a stallion for a while. Well, since she was invited to the event by her friends the morning before last. Really the event would have been in shambles without her! The CMC seemed well versed in biting off more than they could chew. All Diamond knew was that a stallion was coming over for a visit and they were supposed to throw him the most fillfied party they possibly could. Of course being a filly meant different things to different ponies and so the whole night was bound to be a mishmash of all kinds of activities. What Tiara was struggling with most was why in the world a stallion would be interested in having this sort of party with a bunch of fillies. She did know Abby was super into hanging out with her family and Valen was family...it had to do something with that!

"I'm pretty new to the group actually," She glanced at the marks on the flanks of the CMC. "We became friends around the same time these three got their special cutie marks. I guess you could say I was going through a bit of a rough patch and then these three came along," She smiled. "They may be a little rough around the edges but well...they and Silver Spoon are by far the best friends anypony could ask for!"

She moved towards the table now that the initial rush had calmed down. The light plum pony selected a couple treats as she spoke to Valen. "So, what's up with a colt like you wanting to have slumber party with a bunch of fillies?" She was never one to mince words.

"You're right of course, we haven't been properly introduced...probably because my friends here didn't introduce us. It seems they find eating smores like savages to be more important. Anyway, I'm Diamond Tiara and you are Valen Orange. Apple Bloom told me all about you."

She definitely had a bit of that attitude, which was all he knew her for coming into this. In fact, hadn't she been Apple Bloom's nemesis for such a long time? He could see why. She was free with her opinions and seemed to afford little to others for their screw ups. There were generally two ways this could go. Either a pony was relentless and unforgiving or, if they were your friends, they were relentless in trying to help you improve. It didn't make being on the receiving end of the opinion any easier, but if you responded well, who knew what could transpire? "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Tiara," he responded politely, still listening in to what she had to say.

"I'm pretty new to the group actually. We became friends around the same time these three got their special cutie marks. I guess you could say I was going through a bit of a rough patch and then these three came along. They may be a little rough around the edges but well...they and Silver Spoon are by far the best friends anypony could ask for!"

It all made sense. His cousin and her friends were very friendly types, and it didn't shock him in the least that they would still try to help a pony even if they were enemies. The story of how they got their cutie marks had been relayed through a series of secondary sources and unfiltered with loads of extra information unhelpful to anypony lodged in there. No matter how it all came together, he was just happy that they had somepony with a bit of high society in them now. "Well, it is nice to see any group of friends grow, especially one like this. I think it needed a bit of high-society flavor to it, and you seem to fit the bill, if I may say so myself."

"So, what's up with a colt wanting to have slumber party with a bunch of fillies?"

Ahh, no reason to hide it. She'd find out later, if she hadn't already. "Oh, this isn't my idea. I don't want a sleepover, but I wouldn't be so rude as to say no. As to why Apple Bloom- and really, Applejack- is pushing this-" he sighed, "well, I have an alternate...career, that some ponies believe is a lifestyle. See, I look rather fetching as a filly, so much so I have a bit of a modeling career. Ever heard of Prench filly supermodel Gilded Lilly, ma jolie fleur?" he asked, slipping into his Prench accent at the end. Might as well lay the cards out on the table. 

siTeX7nh-txt3zelhzI2OxOnOJjuyWVltQglnY8H thwsUUZ.jpg

Diamond raised her eyebrows as Valen laid out the truth at hoof. She appraised him for a couple moments, scrutinizing his features in a couple quick glances. She had of course heard the compliment he had paid her which aided to soften anything rude she might have blurted out. Was it true that Abby and the others could so quickly have taken her edge off? Not quite...

"Hmph!" She snorted lightly. "Of course I've heard of Gilded Lily...I was raised in one of the wealthiest households in Ponyville after all! Our villa would rival anything Canterlot has to offer as well!" She elaborated, bringing herself back into the center of attention.

Diamond eyed her friends, they were backing off the treats and heading for the family room.

"My mother says Gilded Lily is a cornerstone of Prench fashion right now..." She spoke over her shoulder as she reached for one more treats and then followed the others into the family room.

----

"Oooooooo!" Sweetie Belle swooned over the array of hoof polishes that had been set up on the table. "Wow! This is going to be so fun!" She glanced at her other two friends. "You two could totally let me do makeovers on you!" She smiled, wielding a tube of muzzle gloss. "And when we're done we can all work together on Valen!"

"Whoa there Sweetie Belle!" Abby snatched the gloss from Sweetie Belle's hoof. "We have to ease him into everything tonight!" She glanced at both her friends. "AJ told me tah make sure he feels comfortable. Git him to enjoy what's happening. Let's take it easy ok?"

Scootaloo snorted a breath. "Ok, geez! Why do we have to have a colt here anyway?"

"I already told you Scootaloo. Let's just try to do what Applejack asked me tah do ok?"

Her friends nodded.

"Good! Thanks you guys!" She turned towards the kitchen. "Cousin Valen? Diamond Tiara? Where are you guys?"

----

The door opened and closed quickly, emitting one more filly to the crowd. Silver Spoon smiled and trotted up to Diamond Tiara. "Diamond Tiara! So, this is the place where you told me to meet you? An old farmhouse way out in the country?" She raised her eyebrow at her friend. Before Diamond could respond she finished up. "I love it! Perfect place to for a sleepover!"

Silver Spoon moved into the room, dropped off her saddle bag of sleep over supplies and nodded to Valen. "Oh! Hi there!" She offered a hoof in greeting. "Not often we get colts at sleepovers..." She glanced at Diamond with a questioning gaze before continuing. "Either way, glad to meet you I'm sure! I'm Silver Spoon."

Valen allowed his words to sink in and he braced for a response. He was used to one of several- and he had experienced all of them in the past week. The possibilities were many but at the very least he had given her the full scoop.

"Hmph! Of course I've heard of Gilded Lily...I was raised in one of the wealthiest households in Ponyville after all! Our villa would rival anything Canterlot has to offer as well! My mother says Gilded Lily is a cornerstone of Prench fashion right now..."

Well, this wasn't bad. She was a bit haughty but that was okay. He dealt with plenty of haughty mares, and especially those who seemed to have some undue pride in where they lived. If she believed their little estate rivaled the scale of the upper crust of Canterlot, she was welcome to her pleasant fantasies! He knew through the grapevine that her father was a successful business owner of some renown, but ponies in the upper crust of Canterlot dealt with jewels that cost millions of bits on a daily basis! He didn't know why he found her whole shtick a mixture of fun and a little whimsical, but it certainly helped distract from the more substantive elements until they started walking into the family room. At least she knew who Gilded Lilly was!

"Well, that is nice to hear that my work isn't simply for the stuffy confines of the big cities and has been heard of in Ponyville. I guess it helps that I work with Rarity. I would say that Prench fashion is too evolving for any one pony to be the cornerstone, but Rarity's work is truly cross-regional. I add my own skills to the shows of course- I make several thousand bits a show and a few thousand more based on the reports. I think we make a good team. So, your estate- what does your father do?" He asked, keeping the attention where she wanted it as he eased this news into her.

"Cousin Valen? Diamond Tiara? Where are you guys?"

"Oh, just coming in Apple Bloom! I see you have set up quite the festivities. Is that Miss Coralstine brand Hoof polish? I think the subtle texture would work wonders on your rougher hooves, Apple Bloom. And that muzzle gloss has a high myristate enhancement rate, so Sweetie Belle's lighter tone would likely take to it well," Valen said, his expert eyes taking it in quickly. When in roam, do as the Roamans do- especially if you could out-do the Roamans in being Roaman.

"Oh! Hi there! Not often we get colts at sleepovers...either way, glad to meet you I'm sure! I'm Silver Spoon."

And suddenly, a new filly. He had to pull deeper from his memory for her because she wasn't as big a foe in the past as Diamond Tiara, but also hadn't been involved in how they got their cutie marks. She was a 'lackey' of Diamond Tiara, but looking at her it was hard to imagine she needed to be anything other than a leader. She was beautiful but also had the bearing and form of a well-to do filly. If Diamond Tiara was a rich pony whose aggressive nature could make her seem less than high society, Silver Spoon had the bearing of one in her position. And rather than allow his story to filter out, he decided to take action.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Spoon. I am Valen Orange, Apple Bloom's cousin, or as I am better known- Gilded Lilly, Prench filly supermodel?" He asked hopefully, "I am being invited here for my more feminine qualities, I presume."

• 1 month later...

siTeX7nh-txt3zelhzI2OxOnOJjuyWVltQglnY8H thwsUUZ.jpg

"Oh wow! Valen really knows his stuff! I'm not sure why your sister even asked us to try to make him feel as much like a fil-" Applebloom jumped into from Sweetie before she had time to finish.

"Sweetie Belle!" She chastised her friend from the corner of her muzzle. "Remember we're not supposed to let him know what we're really up to!"

Abby turned and faced the others and chuckled. "Ummm heh heh... yah Valen it is that ummmm whatever you said it was hoof polish!"

"Maybe we should try some of this stuff out?" Scoots reached for the gloss Valen had pointed out would look good on her. "So how exactly are you supposed to use this stuff?" The orange filly fumbled with the tube.

Diamond Tiara huffed a breath from the side of her muzzle. "You've never used muzzle gloss before Scootaloo? And I thought you guys were supposed to be teaching me!" She grabbed the gloss tube. "Take a seat."

Silver Spoon smiled wanly at Valen as she walked towards the beauty supplies. She already had her own subtle way of making herself up.

"I've always gone of the classy look myself," She stated mildly while applying the smallest bit of lotion to her hooves. Valen seemed nice enough, maybe he had a couple tips for her on make up style?

"What do you think?" She nodded to the supplies before them.

"Oh wow! Valen really knows his stuff! I'm not sure why your sister even asked us to try to make him feel as much like a fil-"

"Sweetie Belle! Remember we're not supposed to let him know what we're really up to! Ummm heh heh... yah Valen it is that ummmm whatever you said it was hoof polish!"

Valen sighed. Well, he had suspected that there as something untowards and ulterior about what was happening here today. He was very aware that Applejack must have told them something, perhaps everything, leading to the world he inhabited now.And it wasn't as if this was a normal situation. It didn't take much to see the way this was going, and it didn't take much to see that fighting it was worthless. There was five of them and there was only one Valen, as amazing as he was. The only way to get through this was by playing along and making sure he maintained control. They could try to filly him up all they wanted, but as long as he didn't allow them to get out of control.

"Well, I'll pretend to not have heard that or not know what is going on, Apple Bloom," he said with a sign of resigned disappointment, "and yes, it is hoof polish. Good kind too, not that bawdy stuff that makes you looked like you're trying too hard. A sweet song of elegance for delegate hooves. Also exfoliates," he said pleasantly, allowing Diamond to help Scootaloo out.

"Maybe we should try some of this stuff out? So how exactly are you supposed to use this stuff?" "You've never used muzzle gloss before Scootaloo? And I thought you guys were supposed to be teaching me! Take a seat."

Yep, she had it under control.

"I've always gone of the classy look myself,

"What do you think?"

Why was she smiling with such a...pale, expression? he couldn't place his hooves on it. Was the prospect of getting fillied up a bit too unnerving for her? If that was the case, then he could join her if only because he would rather just rest than have this foisted upon him. Oh well. No use crying over spilled milk. That would explain her 'methods' and why she only took a little bit. She wasn't into fillying up. But you know what? If he was going down, he was taking her with him. And so his mind made a small switch and went about doing a most glorious deed.

He looked over her with an appraising eye. She had soft features. She obviously didn't have to lift a hoof to do anything. High society- maybe even maids? Soft muscle tissue. You didn't need to touch a pony to see the definition. She didn't work out. Not that there was anything wrong with that, she had a nice, slender form, and it all terminated at her face. A somewhat old fashioned look and sensibility to her hidden behind a pair of glasses intended to look old, but had the unmistakable hint of a master at work.
"Hmm...well, you don't need much. You have a lot of natural beauty. Heavy makeup would hide it and wouldn't bring it into focus. What you want is makeup that highlights your features but doesn't overwhelm- enhances but doesn't sparkle. You should be the one doing the sparkling," he said, trotting on over to get a light blending brush, some primer, and foundation. "Have you ever applied any of the Effet collection before?"

Spoiler

Just gonna play SS for a couple posts so the two can get acquainted. :) 

Silver Spoon listened with her head cocked to the side as Valen spoke. He was...well, he was actually really nice! He has complimented her without flattering her and he seemed genuine. That was hard to find in a pony now days. 

As he trotted over to get some supplies she raised her eyebrows. A small smile played on her muzzle as she spoke.

"As a matter of fact, no I haven't. Lots of these beauty supplies came from my mother. I sent them with Diamond because I knew I was going to be a little late tonight. I've definitely heard of Effect though." She spoke the last sentence with a tinge of haughtiness. Of course she had heard of and been around the fanciest of things all her life. Even if she hadn't actually used it, there was no doubt she could have if she wanted to.

Silver Spoon's mind worked as she watched Valen gathering supplies. She hadn't been informed that this event was taking place to filly the colt up. She only knew it was a Cutie Mark Crusader sleep over party. It had seemed odd for a bit that they would invite colts to such an event but as he gathered supplies up with a knowing manner she presumed what was happening. What she wasn't totally sure of was why they would want to turn a perfectly settled colt into a filly. 

She continued to watch him. He was nice, sweet in fact. And not bad looking either. He had a some of the nature of a filly to him, but he was certainly a colt! She would have to get to know him better before deciding what she thought on the motives of this evening. 

As Valen came back over with some supplies she smiled and spoke casually. "So, how does a colt know so much about this kind of stuff?"

"As a matter of fact, no I haven't. Lots of these beauty supplies came from my mother. I sent them with Diamond because I knew I was going to be a little late tonight. I've definitely heard of Effect though."

Oh, of course. She was too good to really take an interest in what exactly was there because she was accustomed to only the best and more importantly to large amounts of everything. He wasn't foreign to the concept. He was used to a similar level of existence. He wouldn't dare say so, but chances are compared to him, she was almost poverty stricken. Heck, compared to the Apples(even if they didn't act like it or seem to know it) she probably didn't seem very rich. He had dealt with ponies like her more than a few times at the Academy. Full of a nice sense of self, a belief that they were special and greater. As grating as some ponies could be with such an attitude, it was refreshing here. None of that wishy washy worrying. "Oh, of course. You look like you come from wealth. How silly to suggest you didn't know! I'm used to ponies not from the Academy not having access. Anyway, the Effet collection is certainly something to look into. It has the best subtle base foundation for ponies with such wonderful coloration and soft pelts, such as yours. I'd recommend it anytime!"

"So, how does a colt know so much about this kind of stuff?"

Next, however, was something just a bit more concerning. She asked him how he would know all this? He could swear he hadn't hit his head and imagined telling her. But alas there she was, asking him how he knew. Well, maybe she just hadn't put it together, or, as such fillies were known to do, ignoring the 'little pony' at the time. Well there was no harm in telling her again. "I do believe I just told you, Miss Spoon. I am better known internationally as Prench filly supermodel Gilded Lilly? Peut-être que cela va vous rafraîchir la mémoire?" He said with his unmistakable accent he used as Gilded as he went to work, making sure to not overshadow her natural beauty.

• 2 weeks later...

siTeX7nh-txt3zelhzI2OxOnOJjuyWVltQglnY8H

Silver Spoon took off her glasses, assuming that Valen would be helping her with the application of the beauty supplies. She was used to others doing things for her and wouldn't expect any less of a colt she had just met.

"Yes of course! I know you told me you are Gilded Lily," She smiled demurely at him. "I just figured you had other ponies that take care of tasks such as your make up. I guess I just haven't met many colts that knew about make up and fashion." She examined the container of foundation that he had brought over without squinting her eyes. She really didn't need to wear glasses, it just gave her the look she was going for. "But since you obviously know your stuff, maybe you can give me a few pointers?"

She hadn't missed the compliment on her features and her pelt. It was quite nice of him to say so! It was too seldom that she received compliments of this sort especially since she had spent a number of years in the shadow of Diamond Tiara.

"So, do you have to get special training to be Gilded Lily? What to they teach super models?" She glanced his way again. "I'm sure it helps to have natural ability of course."

"Yes of course! I know you told me you are Gilded Lily. I just figured you had other ponies that take care of tasks such as your make up. I guess I just haven't met many colts that knew about make up and fashion. But since you obviously know your stuff, maybe you can give me a few pointers?"

Valen gave these words the time they deserved, working over them slowly as he went to work on her. How strange must his life seem that Silver just glided over his revelation with all the practiced non-care of a career politician. She was more focused on how his experiences could help her, which didn't strike him as odd. Her whole demeanor spoke to a pony who was used to being cared for and expected that to continue. And to be truthful, he wasn't disabusing her of this notion as he worked on her. In a way it was at least comforting that she didn't want to make a big deal out if it all, especially after recent incidents with the Apple family. And this slumber party, come to think of it.

"Well, before I modeled I just did it for fun. And when you attend a prestigious academy and are the only son of one of the richest families in Equestria, you make sure nopony knows it is you. So I learned how to do my own makeup and what worked on me, which makes doing it for others relatively easy. During my tours I do have those who do my makeup for me, but from a list of ideas and orders I make beforehoof," he said, working on her some more. It was relatively easy with her pelt for even the subtle shades to have a big effect, and so not much was needed. He took a step back to look her over. Nice, soft pelt and muscle structure, feminine frame, image-conscious yet conservative stances and styles. It wasn't hard to imagine what could be done.

"So, do you have to get special training to be Gilded Lily? What to they teach super models? I'm sure it helps to have natural ability of course."

Special training? Heh, in a way. Though he would just say that it was less training and more an attitude that had to sink in. When you were a colt who was trying to not only look like a filly, but a model at that, you had to really work on the small things. The way you walked, the way you looked, the way your smile was used and the manner in which your tail hung and moved. If you were passing as a filly, those same things applied- just less so than in the case of a model. He guessed it would depend on what it meant to have 'special' training, because an argument could be made that his whole life was one long training session.

"Well, I guess it depends what you mean by training. I spend a while nailing down ze accent, belle pouliche. Then I just make sure to keep in mind my movements. Sometimes I'll wear some shoes with some rope attached to them so I can make sure to stride and walk in a certain manner, since fillies and colts have different strides and steps. Then it is mostly just about body language. Speaking of," he said as he drew closer, examining her. "First and foremost, nothing heavy. Your pelt is very soft and light and heavy makeup would look poor on you. And its unneeded, since you have nothing to hide. You've got a lot of natural grace and beauty in your face, and your legs are all very poppy. Poppy meaning healthy, look energetic. What you want is some light makeup to accentuate and direct attention to your best features. Your eyes are deep, so you don't want anything heavy around there either," he said, starting to put the stuff back. "All done. Take a look!"

siTeX7nh-txt3zelhzI2OxOnOJjuyWVltQglnY8HthwsUUZ.jpg

My my my this colt sure did know his stuff! She of course knew about him than she was letting on...at least the Gilded Lily part about him. Her mother had spoken of Gilded on more than one occasion. A well bred mare of course knew of all the top fashion models and designers. Though Silver had some things in common with her family's outlook on life, she had her own goals in mind that stretched a far cry from fashion ideals. Not that fashion was a bad thing, it had it's place. 

"Oh wow!" The filly held a hoof mirror in front of her face.

Her respect for Valen grew by the moment. He spoke well, he knew his business, and well...was he trying to compliment her in such obvious ways? Certainly not all makeup artists would speak of her deep eyes as he had.  She couldn't deny he was a good looking colt. In fact the more she interacted with him the more she liked him. He had a graceful way about him. 

"That really looks great! You're right, I should go lighter on my make up." She smiled at the reflection, suddenly feeling a bit more confident in herself. "Thank you Valen!" She was going to say more but then Abby appeared.

"What do you guys think huh? I had Scoots make me up!" 

Abby looked somewhat clownish to make light of it. Way too much and all the wrong places of mascara, lip color, blush, and glitter. Silver tried to smile.

"Ya! Uhhhhh...lookin' good Applebloom," She raised her brow at Valen when the farm filly wasn't looking. She couldn't help but stifle a giggle.

"Anyway, so Valen..." She nodded to the stairs. "Ya want ta come upstairs fer a couple minutes? We've got somethin' special fer ya up there," She tried to sound as enticing as she could. This really was something special!

"Oh wow!"

"That really looks great! You're right, I should go lighter on my make up. Thank you Valen!"

The only thing sweeter than a job well done was the pony on the other end loving it. He had tried his best on her and it came naturally, thankfully as much to her natural grace as anything else. It made her look better but again, she didn't really need it. The compliments helped though. Everything was unsettled and he was so unsure of what was going on over the past few days, but this? This was easy, and knowing somepony approved was a major boon to his attitude. It helped that it was fun to do it. Maybe not as fun as other things, but he could easily pass the time with this. She reacted well, and quickly seemed to perk up out of that 'too good for you' attitude that was running things previously. "You're welcome! If only it was so easy all the time. Sometimes I am rushed and end up not doing a great job on myself, so I'm always happy to see another pony shine!" He said with a tad much excitement. Which was fine, because it put him in the proper joviality for what Apple Bloom was bringing to the table.

"What do you guys think huh? I had Scoots make me up!" 

Apple Bloom entered, quite excited by the prospect of showing off the makeup that Scootaloo had applied. It...well, Scootaloo had many fine qualities but as was now apparent, application of makeup was not one of them. She would have to be okay with being a super cool radical scooter filly and not anypony who should be near makeup until she was older. This wasn't entirely unexpected, after all- most fillies at that age didn't have the proper experience! Didn't make it any better though. Apple Bloom wouldn't be a part of the rodeo in the way Applejack was at this rate, she was going to be the rodeo clown. Valen kept an even expression as he examined, preventing himself from bursting into laughter. After a few moments he fought down the encroaching giggles, and smiled. "That is certainly a look, Apple Bloom. Did you two have fun?" He asked, trying to pull attention away from the quality, or lack thereof, on display. He shared a look with Silver when Abby wasn't looking, shaking his head and taking a deep breath.

"Anyway, so Valen...ya want ta come upstairs fer a couple minutes? We've got somethin' special fer ya up there," 

An abrupt gear change. She must have really wanted to show him something! He didn't know whether to be excited or worried. Maybe both. Probably both. With his luck it wasn't going to be free pie, but for as awkward as things could have been so far today they had been relatively tame. He therefore wasn't terribly worried about it. He nodded and smiled. "Sure, Apple Bloom. Lead the way!"

• 2 weeks later...

siTeX7nh-txt3zelhzI2OxOnOJjuyWVltQglnY8HthwsUUZ.jpg

Silver Spoon blushed as Valen told her that the makeup job had made her shine. He really was a nice colt, and very fashionable. She found herself liking his company more and more by the minute! It was almost too bad when Apple Bloom showed up. She had been enjoying her time with just Valen.

The silver filly had to stifle another giggle as Valen responded to the quandary about her make up. She shared the look with Valen for a moment before the made up filly asked a question of her own.

What in the world had they planned for Valen? Perhaps it was more make up? Some fancy clothes? What could it be?

"Great!" Apple Bloom turned towards her friends. "Come on Crusaders!"

"Is it time already?" Scootaloo canter ed up, her makeup looking similar to Apple Blooms but with even more product if that was even possible.

"Oh yay! I hope he likes the ones I picked out! I got the softest, the most comfortable, the most absorbent-" Sweetie Belle's words were cut off.

"Sweetie Belle! You're gonna ruin tha surprise!" Apple Bloom lead the way upstairs.

Once everypony was outside the door to one of the upstairs bedroom Apple Bloom trotted inside. "Wait right here Valen!"

The filly closed the door and got the diapers ready. She had Sweetie Belle pick out some with fun patterns on them. She figured that would be the most fun option for the sleep over!

"Ok! one, two, three!" She yelled from inside. "Come on in!"

Abby stood, with a super cute pair of diapers in her hooves as Valen entered the room. 

Something was up with the trio of younger fillies who seemed to be having the time of their lives doing as little as possible. He guessed that was the sincere benefit of doing anything with your friends- making even the mundane things in life possible to enjoy. Of course there was a bit too much of the sneaky squirrel stuff going on, all the whispers and half-spoken words and plans. It was hard to understand as they were whispering and being secretive, but it didn't take a genius to know they were talking about him. The looks, the giggles, the general excitement. He understood that this was a sleep-over and as such they may be excited t show him the ropes as it were, but he couldn't really gather what they were saying.

Not that he was entirely focused on that. Silver Spoon blushed and gave him a look and was generally seeming to take a liking to him. That was great! He had always heard that she and Diamond Tiara were tough nuts to crack and that they were more likely to lord over you than come down to your level. Even as friends, they had a native superiority complex that could make them tough cookies to crack. But Silver was taking to him very well! Probably because of how complimentary he was being, but that was just him being a truthful little bugger. It didn't hurt that everything he said worked well on her. She looked pretty and took care of herself, which made what he said far too perfect when combined with her personality.

His mind was more on what was brewing with Silver Spoon than anything else, which was good because if he had heard what they were doing he would have turned tail and fled. The door opened with an excited yell from Apple Bloom which really, really didn't excite him as much. In fact it was anti-excitement. He turned pale and looked at what they had assembled, embarrassed down to his core in front of new possible friends. Patterns and colors and were they even the right size- no, they looked a little small- but why did they get this going? He occasionally sometimes most of the time had a bed wetting problem, but he didn't want...this. He didn't like it at all. He didn't want it.

This was embarrassing to the greatest degree. Rather he got caught en femme in the Academy than this. He went more pale, he shook his head and went quiet for a second.
"...Hahaha, haha. Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Hey, uhh, Apple Bloom, I need to talk with you," he said with a nervous smile before grabbing his cousin and whisking her away. When in private, he gave her a dumbfounded look.
"What...why...how did you...why?"

fyDUks7.jpg

Applebloom didn't really even know what had just happened. One second the door was opening and Valen's face has lit up in surprise! She knew it! She knew he would be excited! Especially since she had gotten Sweetie to find the one's with the fun rocket ship print on them. Sure they were a little small but it was the biggest size diapers came in. Besides Valen wasn't all that big anyway, he'd fit just fine!

The next moment...he had ushered her outside, away from everypony else! She was sure he would want to share in the fun with all of them. Of course the fun would be him sporting the super cute diapers and the rest of them admire how cute he was!

"Valen!" She took a step back. "I know yer excited an' all but ya should be enjoyin' this moment with all yer friends, not jus' me!"

She glanced behind him, wondering if any of the others had followed them.

"Applejack told me tah git these jus' fer you. She said they were gonna be a special present and that you jus' loved dressin' up in them when ya want ta be fancy!" She smiled. "So, I had Sweetie Belle go an' git a nice set fer ya! I was hopin' ya could wear em' at the sleep over tanight!"

She took a step back towards the party. "So come on cousin! No need ta be shy! Let's git you in those diapers!"

It was had to put into words how absolutely dumbfounded Valen was. His mind moved at a glacial pace from the dual shocks: One due to absolute total embarrassment, and the other...okay, so it was also absolute total embarrassment. It was impossible to fathom the gulf between what Apple Bloom thought was going on and what actually was going to happen. Whatever Applejack had told her...it had to be completely misinterpreted, right? No way Applejack would think or say he wanted to wear them, right? If so...that was something he needed to speak with her about immediately. It was one thing to misinterpret, as she had, his career and preferences. It was understandable to a degree. But this was another thing all together and entirely silly to believe. Who would ever want to wear them?

Fact was very simply that he had a little bed-wetting problem and, occasionally, wore them to bed. Occasionally and not all the time, and because of some bed-wetting. That was already an embarrassment on its own. Compounding it with preventative measures was already a sacrifice, but additionally trying to tie it into some sort of favored position in his mind. It seemed like nopony could confuse the things but, well, it had happened. How to put it into words, though? He didn't think he'd ever have to explain this to somepony else, but here it was. And they'd gone through so much effort as well, a surefire way to leave themselves downtrodden at his revelation. 

"Apple Bloom..." he said with a sigh, one hoof to his face, "listen, please. I wear them because I have a slight, none-too serious bed-wetting issue. And that's it. It certainly isn't something I like to wear. It certainly isn't some sort of fashion statement or something Applejack should have told anypony about, especially saying I wear them to feel fancy. That...that doesn't make sense!" He buried his head in his hooves. "This is one of the most embarrassing moments of my entire life! I couldn't possibly go in there, Apple Bloom," Valen said with extreme distraught wrought over his features. 

fyDUks7.jpg

Apple Bloom felt a wave of pity sweep over her. She felt so sorry for Valen. The poor colt was embarrassed to show off his newest fashion! She wondered why really? Wasn't he supposed to be a super great super famous fashion model? It was kinda funny that he couldn't just strut his stuff and show off the really snazzy diapers Sweetie had picked out for him. 

Well, there was only one way to make this move forward! She would have to coax him to put them on, maybe by himself in another room? Then he could come out when he felt comfortable enough. One thing was for sure, Apple Bloom was a filly with lots of gumption! She wasn't just going to drop it and let Valen get away without at least trying on the diapers! They were the big surprise of the night after all!

"Come on now Valen. Ya don't have ta be so embarrassed about all this!" She patted his shoulder in what she figured was a reassuring way. "I mean maybe ya shouldn't go aroudnt ellin' anypony ya have a bed wettin' problem..." She raised her eyebrows. "An' anyway, that's not why we got these fer ya! We figured ya would want ta look all done up at the party an' wearin' these should do the trick!"

She held the diapers with rocket ships decorating them up for Valen.

"Now, why don't ya jus' go intah Applejack's room fer a bit? She's not here a'course an' ya can stay in there and put these on. When ya feel comfortable then come on out and we'll keep goin' with our party!"

Valen didn't know what to say. His brain tried to form words but all it could form was great and powerful wave of utter disbelief at what was happening. How could Apple Bloom be so outrageously off base with what she believed, thinking they were a fashion statement? And then the rocket ships and the size and everything. He felt successive warm washes of embarrassment flow across him as he realized she hadn't even known about the bedwetting. It was like fifteen separate articles of failure and shame slapping him in the face like large, particularly violent trout. It was hard to imagine that there was an appropriate response to such things and he wasn't quite in the mood for it.

This was a complete harassment of the highest caliber. Right now, in that room, were a bunch of possible friends who now had a very askew version of events. And here he was, unable to get his message across to Apple Bloom. He had even told her that he didn't like it and she was still insistent that it was exactly what he wanted, chalking it up to timidity rather than what he was saying. It was like being stuck in a terrible chamber of lies that echoed until the truth was drowned out, bullied by friendly misconceptions until he was a figment of somepony else's imagination rather than who he actually was. To make it all worse he didn't really see a graceful way out of it. He surely wasn't going to curtsy and accept this position, but if he left now he could possibly hurt them.

So, he tried to run down the possibilities. Denial: they'd be upset. By now the damage to his reputation couldn't get much worse, but there was a chance that Silver Spoon and/or Diamond Tiara would tell others. Ponies outside the circle would know. His career could get damaged, but more importantly, more than a few ponies would give him funny looks under the belief that he liked, didn't simply need, to wear them. Acceptance: It would be hard to imagine them thinking himself in any way an equal, and he would likely be beholden to them to keep it secret. Not to mention, it would likely lead to other, possibly worse things. And as always, still the danger of others finding out. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, Valen had no choice but to...

...stumble a bit as his head went light, trying to stammer out some words. "Don't...put them..." he whispered, a word or two probably dropping in translation before fainting entirely. When he woke up...

Image result for silver spoon pony

Silver Spoon sighed deeply. What kind of a slumber party was this? She wondered why Apple Bloom had even asked her to come up and stay in her bedroom. She wasn't even allowed to sleep! She had to watch Valen sleep. It was what Abby had called her "shift". They had all taken turns for the ladt few hours watching the colt. Abby said he had just fallen fight to sleep. He must have been more tired then he let on.

The filly moved her hoof forward, tugging he blankets up snug under Valen's chin. Honestly he looked a little bit sick. His complexion was much more pale than it had been earlier and his breathing seems really shallow. 

Maybe she should just try to wake him up? He wouldn't probably want to go home. She just couldn't understand why Abby wouldn't let him go home. It seemed odd, and a little unfair. Yes, she would wake him up. It was the right thing to do!

"Valen?" She shook him lightly on the shoulder. "Valen, wake up." Silver spoke softly but firmly to the colt.

Spoiler

Abby left him all tucked into her bed with his diapers firmly in place ;) 

Archived