[Starfall] The Frozen North (Open)

FiniteZero

Ruby nodded. "Fair point, fair point. Not much we can do now but wait. We don't want to start a panic if we're wrong about this." She said.

She hummed. "But then again, what if these 'Ice Ponies' are real? In that case, they might be on their way here as we speak. The risk of a false alarm may be worth defending ourselves against an unknown threat." She got up onto her hooves. "Yeah, I'm going to look into raising the alarm. Stay here in case the doctor has any questions."

With that, Ruby Spear took off as fast as her hooves could carry her. As she stepped out into the snow and ice, she noticed a lone pony running towards the town. "...This can't be good..." She muttered as she ran off to intercept the pony and find out what exactly was going on.

As she ran, Ebony could see somepony coming out towards her from inside Red Mound. She felt a little wave of relief wash over her as the pony drew near and she slowed her pace, stopping and trying to catch her breath as the pony finally reached her. "Cor... Corporal Ebony... Dawn. Have... the general... Hypothermia..." She panted, trying to get her message out, squirming a bit as she felt the throwup under her armor beginning to chill.

Ruby let out a string of explitives. She capped them off with a stomp and a grunt.

"Well, I think it's safe to assume we're about to be attacked then. Come on, just a little further." She said as she turned and led Ebony towards the hospital.

As she did so, she paused to speak with one of the guards. She let him know about the possible upcoming attack, then ran back to Ebony.

Once they reached the Hospital, she bucked the doors open. "We got another injured!" She shouted, bringing doctors to take the general off of Ebony's back.

He woke to the sound of guards.  Or maybe it was his poor delirious soul.

Yelling, something about an injured pony...was he on stretchers or the back of some pony?

he tried to lift his eyes, but crusts had formed between his eyelashes and eyelids in a a desperate attempt to protect his eyes from the rigid cold.  He tried to move, but his muscles seemed useless and...dead.  He prayed a quick second to the Sun-please let my legs not go gangrene. 

He he tried to take a deep breath or give any sign to everything around him that he was...awake.  Alive.

A strangled, gurgled noise escaped his throat instead.

While Ruby had been gone, Krulos had decided to take a small nap, assuming that it would be awhile before the doctor to question for him. Unfortunately his nap was short lived as the doors slammed open, Krulos jumped in shock and looked a the source of the noise. As soon as his eyes found the beaten general, he was slack-jawed. "Well, that confirms it" was all he could say 

Ebony helped them load the General onto the stretcher when the medical ponies arrived with it. She took care not to jostle him too much, not wanting to make anything worse than it already had been. As they left, she turned to Ruby. "I found him wandering out in the snow by himself around the northeast portion of patrol route C. He said that he'd woken up out there, and everything and everypony was gone. He didn't get anything else out before he passed out." She informed the other mare, fidgeting in place a little. "I'm sorry to run, but I really need a shower right now. He... threw up on me." She said cringing, the smell of it probably starting to come off of her as well.

"Go ahead and take a shower, then get ready to fortify our defences. We haven't much time." Ruby said. She trotted to Krulos, and pointed at him. "Come with me, we need to let everypony know."

The general was swiftly brought to one of the several medical rooms. The griffon doctor layed him gently onto a comfy medical bed. "Don't try to move too much. Our town only has one healing gem, and it's in use; I'll make you comfortable and do what I can until it's available."

With sudden strength, he sat up.  The sour stench of vomit filled his mouth, and his eyesight steeled with his muscles.  He felt...gross.  

Confusion and curiosity peaked to him, and the old General began the one thing he could rely on: his voice.

"Where am I?  Who are you?" he belted out to anypony nearby.

He noticed the Griffon, and he instantly tried to put his hooves into a blocking position, "What are you doing?"

His eyes suddenly began to blur, his once renewed vigor quickly fading away.  He slumped, but tried hard to stay awake.  His grimaced.  

"W-where am I?"

Ebony gave a nod to Ruby and quickly left, already being able to smell the mess that coated her. She scrunched her muzzle up and quickly made her way along, searching for the first unoccupied room she could find and jumping straight into the shower, gear and all as she turned the water up as hot as she could stand, trying to wash the disgusting sensation off of her. She would spend quite some time in there, having to clean herself and give her gear a thorough washing too.

"Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised." Ruby replied. "This was probably the worst place to stick a colony. But, it's here, and we have to defend it." She rushed out into the snow, and noticed that the guard had mobilized. Those who wanted to fight were given Magic Rifles, and those who didn't barricaded themselves inside. "Alright, good. They're taking it seriously. We need to set up a nest in front of the hospital so that we can take out any threats heading our way." She said. "I'll get some wood, you pack the snow. A semicircle, bout a three-fourths meter high should do. Once you do that, get your supplies and get ready." Rose said.

With that, she took off further into the village.

---

The griffon doctor was dressing the general's wounds, making sure he was comfortable before hooking up some monitering machines. A basic heart-rate monitor and a blood pressure monitor were attatched to the patient swiftly.

Archived