Alien: Desperate Hope

CrispyFries

Redwood was in the drop ship with her unit, as well as a team of Weyland-Yutani engineers that had been sent to aid the Colonial Marines, and they were now just waiting to dock with Vallarta Station.

Vallarta Station, an isolated resort for the rich and powerful, had gone dark only a few days ago. Usually it would take a week to have the Marines show up, but thanks to the resort's wealthy patrons, the process had been sped up a bit.

"We're docking in two minutes!" called the pilot from the cockpit.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CrispyFries said:

Redwood was in the drop ship with her unit, as well as a team of Weyland-Yutani engineers that had been sent to aid the Colonial Marines, and they were now just waiting to dock with Vallarta Station.

Vallarta Station, an isolated resort for the rich and powerful, had gone dark only a few days ago. Usually it would take a week to have the Marines show up, but thanks to the resort's wealthy patrons, the process had been sped up a bit.

"We're docking in two minutes!" called the pilot from the cockpit.

Sparkle was flipping a small dagger around in one hoof awaiting the arrival, sometimes she really hated her job others she really enjoyed it it depended on what she was doing, she looked over at the other member's of the team, she hadn't spoken to any of them since they took off she was mostly just being over paranoid about forgetting anything although that mostly fell to the other Engineers, she liked to think of herself as some form of professional

3 minutes ago, ThePixelatedPony said:

Sparkle was flipping a small dagger around in one hoof awaiting the arrival, sometimes she really hated her job others she really enjoyed it it depended on what she was doing, she looked over at the other member's of the team, she hadn't spoken to any of them since they took off she was mostly just being over paranoid about forgetting anything although that mostly fell to the other Engineers, she liked to think of herself as some form of professional

The drop ship came to a stop as it docked, and upon Redwood's lead, everypony filed out into the hangar.

There were still many high class luxury ships docked there, and the hangar didn't bare any signs of damage or a struggle. It was dead quiet though, and a few of the lights were flickering overhead.

Redwood approached an elevator with two other Marines, then looked over at Sparkle and said, "Get this thing workin'."

The drop ship came to a stop as it docked, and upon Redwood's lead, everypony filed out into the hangar.

There were still many high class luxury ships docked there, and the hangar didn't bare any signs of damage or a struggle. It was dead quiet though, and a few of the lights were flickering overhead.

Redwood approached an elevator with two other Marines, then looked over at Sparkle and said, "Get this thing workin'."

Sparkle knew she was just a techie and she was ment to do as ordered but couldn't help muttering under her breath "a please would be nice..." Before setting to work fixing the elevator, "nothing's wrong with the main hull... or the shaft the elevator's sitting in... it has to be the motors..." Sparkle said forcing the doors open and climbing out of the Elevator through the small maintenance hatch and making her way up the shaft

1 minute ago, ThePixelatedPony said:

Sparkle knew she was just a techie and she was ment to do as ordered but couldn't help muttering under her breath "a please would be nice..." Before setting to work fixing the elevator, "nothing's wrong with the main hull... or the shaft the elevator's sitting in... it has to be the motors..." Sparkle said forcing the doors open and climbing out of the Elevator through the small maintenance hatch and making her way up the shaft

As Sparkled climbed into the shaft, Redwood's radio crackled to life. "We've got- too many- have to- AAAARG!" The transmission was then cut at the sound of gunfire.

Redwood swore to herself. That was likely one of the other squads, and that meant there were likely hostiles. "Delta's gone dark! Stay on guard and keep yer hoof on th' trigger!" 

She he tried to radio their cruiser to report what had just heard, but all she got from her radio was static.

As Sparkled climbed into the shaft, Redwood's radio crackled to life. "We've got- too many- have to- AAAARG!" The transmission was then cut at the sound of gunfire.

Redwood swore to herself. That was likely one of the other squads, and that meant there were likely hostiles. "Delta's gone dark! Stay on guard and keep yer hoof on th' trigger!" 

She he tried to radio their cruiser to report what had just heard, but all she got from her radio was static.

Sparkle stopped she had stepped in something at first she assumed it was oil or something of the sort maybe grease, she began working on the motor and watched as it jumped into life she ducked back down into the Elevator to find it was moving, up "Oh shoot!" she turned on her radio "This Is Sparkle J Sword, I've got the elevator working but I can't send it back down and - oh my god... " infront of her were bodies, and bones a lot of them she whimpered "help..." down her radio

4 minutes ago, ThePixelatedPony said:

Sparkle stopped she had stepped in something at first she assumed it was oil or something of the sort maybe grease, she began working on the motor and watched as it jumped into life she ducked back down into the Elevator to find it was moving, up "Oh shoot!" she turned on her radio "This Is Sparkle J Sword, I've got the elevator working but I can't send it back down and - oh my god... " infront of her were bodies, and bones a lot of them she whimpered "help..." down her radio

"Get it back down," barked Redwood at another engineer. 

The he engineer wasted no time, and ,a aged to get the elevator to come back down to the hangar.

"Sparkle, are y'all hurt?" she asked, stepping into the elevator and extending her hoof out to Sparkle.

Just now, CrispyFries said:

"Get it back down," barked Redwood at another engineer. 

The he engineer wasted no time, and ,a aged to get the elevator to come back down to the hangar.

"Sparkle, are y'all hurt?" she asked, stepping into the elevator and extending her hoof out to Sparkle.

Sparkle took her hoof, the young mare was scared, terrified even, she wasn't afraid of crying, "D-dead" she muttered over and over "all of them up there are dead!" she buried her face in her hooves crying "there's something out there... something big and that likes killing..." Sparkle's ears twitched and she looked around she was clearly scared of whatever was up there 

2 minutes ago, ThePixelatedPony said:

Sparkle took her hoof, the young mare was scared, terrified even, she wasn't afraid of crying, "D-dead" she muttered over and over "all of them up there are dead!" she buried her face in her hooves crying "there's something out there... something big and that likes killing..." Sparkle's ears twitched and she looked around she was clearly scared of whatever was up there 

"Listen, ya gotta stay calm. Havin' a panick and losin' yer cool is a good way to-"

Redwood was interrupted by a loud screeching sound as the elevator suddenly shot back up without even closing its doors. Only Sparkle and Redwood were in the elevator though, and were thus isolated from the rest of the squad.

"Listen, ya gotta stay calm. Havin' a panick and losin' yer cool is a good way to-"

Redwood was interrupted by a loud screeching sound as the elevator suddenly shot back up without even closing its doors. Only Sparkle and Redwood were in the elevator though, and were thus isolated from the rest of the squad.

Sparkle hid behind Red "noooo! not back here!" she exclaimed, "I'm going to give that motor a piece of my M-mind..." Sparkle stopped as she looked up through the maintenance hatch more of the gooey, oily substance dripped down onto her face, "what is this stuff?" she said before some dripped into her mouth and she collapsed on a skeleton 

5 minutes ago, ThePixelatedPony said:

Sparkle hid behind Red "noooo! not back here!" she exclaimed, "I'm going to give that motor a piece of my M-mind..." Sparkle stopped as she looked up through the maintenance hatch more of the gooey, oily substance dripped down onto her face, "what is this stuff?" she said before some dripped into her mouth and she collapsed on a skeleton 

Redwood helped Sparkle up then took a look at the oily substance. It was like nothing she had ever seen before, and she doubted it was simply grease.

"Ah dunno. Whatever it is, we gotta keep movin forwards," said Redwood.

The corridor ahead of them was nearly pitch black, save for a flickering light or two. Redwood turned her flashlight on to reveal a hallway with expensive marble paneling that was stained with a few flecks of blood.

Redwood helped Sparkle up then took a look at the oily substance. It was like nothing she had ever seen before, and she doubted it was simply grease.

"Ah dunno. Whatever it is, we gotta keep movin forwards," said Redwood.

The corridor ahead of them was nearly pitch black, save for a flickering light or two. Redwood turned her flashlight on to reveal a hallway with expensive marble paneling that was stained with a few flecks of blood.

"I think I'm gonna" Sparkle covered her mouth a before finding a nearby waste paper basket to throw up in " I hate strange alien goo... and blood," she explained kicking the bucket away and wiping her glasses which also had the strange goo on them, Sparkle flicked on her torch which illuminated another skeleton "a lot of ponies died here..." she said looking around 

10 minutes ago, ThePixelatedPony said:

"I think I'm gonna" Sparkle covered her mouth a before finding a nearby waste paper basket to throw up in " I hate strange alien goo... and blood," she explained kicking the bucket away and wiping her glasses which also had the strange goo on them, Sparkle flicked on her torch which illuminated another skeleton "a lot of ponies died here..." she said looking around 

"Yeah... aside from th' Marines, Celestia rest their souls, looks like th' hoots-toity rich folk got it too. Before this fight, there was probably one before it, and I guess that's why th' elevator's broken."

It seemed that the station was wiped out, but there was likely a chance that there were survivors hiding somewhere.

"Yeah... aside from th' Marines, Celestia rest their souls, looks like th' hoots-toity rich folk got it too. Before this fight, there was probably one before it, and I guess that's why th' elevator's broken."

It seemed that the station was wiped out, but there was likely a chance that there were survivors hiding somewhere.

"which means... what ever they were fighting is... up here... with us... L-look am I the only pony in this group who wants to just head home and cry?!" Sparkle said putting her glasses back on and directing her beam of light to where she heard something moving, "there's something here..." she whispered taking out her greatest weapon, a nail gun 

8 minutes ago, ThePixelatedPony said:

"which means... what ever they were fighting is... up here... with us... L-look am I the only pony in this group who wants to just head home and cry?!" Sparkle said putting her glasses back on and directing her beam of light to where she heard something moving, "there's something here..." she whispered taking out her greatest weapon, a nail gun 

"Sparkle, layin' down and givin' up ain't th' way to survive this," said Redwood as she shined her flashlight around the corridor along with her gun.

The door at the end of the corridor was unfortunately broken as well, but before Redwood could point it out, she heard a scratching noise coming from above, likely from a vent.

"Sparkle, layin' down and givin' up ain't th' way to survive this," said Redwood as she shined her flashlight around the corridor along with her gun.

The door at the end of the corridor was unfortunately broken as well, but before Redwood could point it out, she heard a scratching noise coming from above, likely from a vent.

"no but It's the way to run away from your problems and hide..." Sparkle whispered as she looked up above she kept moving towards the broken door and spent at least five minutes trying to force the thing open "c'mon, open you big piece of steel!" she said trying not to attract the attention of whatever was above them  

"no but It's the way to run away from your problems and hide..." Sparkle whispered as she looked up above she kept moving towards the broken door and spent at least five minutes trying to force the thing open "c'mon, open you big piece of steel!" she said trying not to attract the attention of whatever was above them  

Redwood was keeping her eyes and gun on the corridor behind them, and the scratching sounds were getting a little louder, and a faint hissing could be heard.

"Sparkle, ah need that door open now," she said.

Redwood was keeping her eyes and gun on the corridor behind them, and the scratching sounds were getting a little louder, and a faint hissing could be heard.

"Sparkle, ah need that door open now," she said.

"I know, I know, I know, I know!" Sparkle repeated "no blue to red, red to green, purple to orange, orange to button and" with a hit of the button the door slid open, "Hurry!" Sparkle shouted trying to jam the door open so Red could get through

"I know, I know, I know, I know!" Sparkle repeated "no blue to red, red to green, purple to orange, orange to button and" with a hit of the button the door slid open, "Hurry!" Sparkle shouted trying to jam the door open so Red could get through

Redwood didn't waste any time with going through the door, which instantly shut behind them. On the other side, more hissing could be heard, and something was scratching on the door.

"Whatever it was, we just barely avoided it."

1 hour ago, CrispyFries said:

Redwood didn't waste any time with going through the door, which instantly shut behind them. On the other side, more hissing could be heard, and something was scratching on the door.

"Whatever it was, we just barely avoided it."

"Good thing too... I didn't exactly plan on dying to a that thing anytime soon. or ever... now are you going to listen to me about heading back home? or are we staying here to die?!" 

"Good thing too... I didn't exactly plan on dying to a that thing anytime soon. or ever... now are you going to listen to me about heading back home? or are we staying here to die?!" 

"And would y'all mind tellin' me how exactly we're gonna get home? We're cut off from out squad, and all th' other squads too. Ah ain't got a layout of this place, and th' elevator to get back to th' hangar is busted. Besides, Weyland-Yutani ain't payin' ya to run."

11 minutes ago, CrispyFries said:

"And would y'all mind tellin' me how exactly we're gonna get home? We're cut off from out squad, and all th' other squads too. Ah ain't got a layout of this place, and th' elevator to get back to th' hangar is busted. Besides, Weyland-Yutani ain't payin' ya to run."

"And I ain't been payed to die either! look were probably the last two alive on this station let's leave!"

Just now, ThePixelatedPony said:

"And I ain't been payed to die either! look were probably the last two alive on this station let's leave!"

"Y'know, ah get th' feelin' that th' Company don't care too much about yer well bein'. Anyways, leavin' ain't gonna be so simple. We gotta find a way off."

"Y'know, ah get th' feelin' that th' Company don't care too much about yer well bein'. Anyways, leavin' ain't gonna be so simple. We gotta find a way off."

"yeah and they clearly care about yours aswell don't they?" Sparkle said as the scratching got more intense "I don't care where we go just not here!"

"yeah and they clearly care about yours aswell don't they?" Sparkle said as the scratching got more intense "I don't care where we go just not here!"

"Yeah, yeah," said Redwood as she began walking again.

After a few minutes, she reached a fork. The sign leading to the corridor on the left read "spa" and the sign leading to the corridor on the right read "Chez Ritz," likely a fancy restaurant.

Archived