[Starfall] Rebirth (Closed)

FiniteZero

Those who worship godesses have never met them.

The light blinked on.

Two ponies came to life.

The room was barren and sterile. Large white tiles lined the floor, ceiling, and walls. On one end of the wall was a door, plain and white with no visible way to open it.

On the other end were two capsules. Inside sat two robotic equines, truly forming their first conscious thoughts.

These were not the thoughts of beings experiencing the first seconds of their existance, but of those of ponies who had lived through countless decades. Ones whose previous memories were of death, and now were re-awakening to the world.

The capsules opened up and lifted into the ceiling, leaving Celestia and Luna to realize their situation.

"Ugh... where... where am I?" The first alicorn said as she sat up slowly, looking around as she tried to adjust her eyes to the area. All this felt odd... where was she? Why did she felt odd?

"Sister... close the windows..." The younger sister said as she mumbled something. "It feels... cold..." She added as she soon also sat up slowly. "Uhm... I feel funny..." She added as she started to look around as well

"And so they awaken." A voice came in through speakers in the walls. The voice was vaguely female, but lacked warmth. "Good morning, Celestia, good evening, Luna. Welcome back to the world of the living, so to speak. Even if none of us are alive in the traditional sense. You have been asleep for a very long time. Let me remind you."

A memory was forced through their minds: Sisters on the balcony, sending their magic to the shield above as white destruction rained from the heavens on a serene night. The feeling of familiar magic joining them, the pain as each star hit the barrier, the anguish when some punched through onto the helpless citizens below. The determination to protect their subjects, the fatigue as the life sapped out of them.

As suddenly as it came, the memory passed. "I built that fragment based on a combination of historical records and your personality profiles. Tell me, is it accurate?"

"S-sister..." Celestia said a she remembered all that had happened. Was it true...? 

"I..." Luna was sorchless as well. Being forced to remember that was perhaps not thr first thng anypony would want to see after they woke up.

The two looked confused and startled 

"Please focus. I need to ensure that your cognition and mental facilities are properly functioning after two thousand years of magical storage." The voice said once again.

On the other side of the speaker, a mind of many bodies thought.

"I know you are disoriented. This will not take long, I just need to ensure that your new bodies are working as intended. Resurrection is more art than science." The voice said.

Five seconds of silence.

"I might be thinking of baking."

Although the alicorn Princesses were somewhat intrigued by what the pony was saying, the last part... made them lost focus and chuckle softly. It was just so... random... they never expected to hear that after all that was happening. A silly change of phase.
Well, at least their silliness and sense of humor was still there

"Good, the humor function is operable." The voice stated.

A hole opened in the center of the floor. A small circular table rose; On it was a small chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and a glass of whiskey.

"I have selected the food based on what I could find on your preferred tastes. The drink will have a very strong taste. These should test your taste, smell, and digestive capabilities." The voice said. "Though it is not true digestion; The substance will be broken down to pure energy to be absored by the energy storage batteries of your bodies."

The two princesses blinked at the sight of this new table rising from the floor. Rather interesting, yet the sun princess could barely resist the urge to take a slice of that delicious looking cake, and hurried over to cut a aloce with her magic... If she still had some.

Luna, on the other hoof, took her time. "Do you have anything less... Strong to drink? Perhaps some wine." she soon said. She didn't wanted to get drunk after what has happened so far

"Your bodies are metal, electronic, and acrane in nature, not biological. Alchohol will have no effect upon you." The voice replied. "No matter how much you may want it to. Once the two objects are consumed, your testing will be finished."

There was a momentary pause.

"You have been dead for two thousand years exactly." The voice stated. "The exact nature of my timing was, admittedly, unnecessary. I have chosen to bring you both to life once the world was... Stable."

The wall opened up to a hallway. The walls were just as smooth, and well lit. Standing in the hallway was a rust-colored unicorn witha black mane and gold-harvest eyes.

"Come with me, please. I have some things I must discuss with you both." The pony said before turning around and heading down the hallway.

As the pony walked, she explained. "Your ponies did not have it easy, not quite. The worst of it was the Pony-Griffon war, definitely. There was also the Whitescar conflict, the Claw of Discord cult... Not that they were perfect themselves, mind you. It's only recently that their racism and religeous persecution died down. The Whitescar colony was the first step in that."

The pony turned right sharply, and went into a room. The room was similar to the previous one, except with a large mirror and some bathing facilities. "You can't go around looking like yourselves, of course. Seeing their Goddesses walk among them could be... Disruptive."

• 2 weeks later...

(sorry. Forgot >.<)

"A pony-griffon war?" Luna asked as she walked behind the pony, confused

"And..." Celestia said with her mouth full before she gulped and it was free. "A Discord cult?" she asked, also confused.

The two sisters sooon looked at each other before looking back at the pony once they arrived to the room.

"What exactly do you expect could happen if they saw us?" Celestia soon asked

"Let me explain a few things. First, your bodies do not have the magical capabilities they once had. You are not able to move the sun nor the moon. Since most ponies believe that you do currently move them, the goddess aspect I mentioned previously, you two suddenly existing once again, unable to move the sun or moon, and said objects moving on their own, it has the potential to shatter their entire religion. I don't particularly care about the religion itself one way or the other, but the social concquences could be catastrophic. To prevent this, once your disguises are chosen, you will be locked into them permanently." The pony explained.

They were moved to an elevator, which began to ascend. "The second thing to explain is the history of Equestria and its neighbors. There is not too much to get into, as it shouldn't factor heavily into your daily lives, but some basic knowledge of both the past and present is required to fit in."

"Wait. Now there is a religion based on us?" Luna asked both surprised and a bit... Annoyed? And it was the same with Celestia 

"We never wanted to be remembered as Goddess. We were just ponies like them... Almost." Celestia soon said as they walkes into the elevator

"As I previously said, the sun and moon began moving on their own shortly after your deaths. Ponies sought for explination, and when a culture tries to explain what they cannot explain, that is when a religion is born. I would not let yourselves be bothered by this too much, as there is nothing you can do about it by this point." The pony said.

The elevator stopped. The doors opened. They came to a fairly large room, about the size of Celestia's old throne room, with a dome ceiling. The room was mostly empty, except for a few lawn chairs made of metal.

The dome showed Celestia's planet. The moon could be seen slowly peeking past the planet.

"Before you ask, no, we are not in space. This is a projection, an image from a camera currently orbiting the planet. Getting this into space was almost tricky, as I needed to do so without anypony knowing." The pony said. "Please, have a seat. I wish to bring you up to speed, and I feel giving you a little perspective. There is a whole world that has moved on, that no longer needs you. Your image, perhaps. But not you as a pony."

The pony lied down on one of the chairs. "The satelite also links directly into my neural net. It's a beautiful image, and what's another pair of eyes to a pony who has hundreds?"

Luna and Celestia simply agreed that the explanation that the pony gave to their question would suffice, as they knew what the minds of the ponies could do, but it was not until they saw the new room that they were quite impressed. The room was quite fascinating, and that machine that the pony explained seemed rather amazing. To be able to see their world from afar... something that only Luna had done.

The two princesses soon sat on a chair and looked at her. "An what do you do with it?" Luna soon asked as she looked at the moon. Her moon... which she had no longer control of.

The pony paused for a moment. "The satillite? Nothing. I put it there to see if I could. The moon? I won't do anything. But I'm slowly planting seeds, seeds that will grow among my little group of survivors. They have created wonderous technology, and soon their eyes will turn to space. One final proof of unity. By decade's end, ponies will set hoof on the moon." The pony said. "This world will one day be full of ponies, griffons, and changelings. But that is for them to accomplish, not I."

The pony let out a sigh. "But enough about the future. You need to learn the past. Where shall I start? The Griffons, the Changelings, or your Ponies?"

"You are planning to live on the moon?!" luna asked quite shocked and surprised by that.

Celestia also looked surprise. "Perhaps you can tell us about that later. For now, can you start with our ponies?" she soo. Said

"After the event which destroyed those you failed to protect- I do not judge you, you could only do so much- Equestria collapsed without its leader. Four nations, paying respect to you the four fallen Princesses. Celestia, in your image rose the Solar Kingdom. It it is the most militarized out of the four, due to its territory containing the former capital Canterlot. It is the most conservative of the four, having fairly traditional values. Luna, eastern Equestria became the Lunar Republic. It soon became the fashion and art hotbed of the world, and creates much culture. Its government was a fairly new concept at the time, using a pony voted to power by the masses. Formerly, this was only on a per-town basis. As for the Crystal Empire, it received the least damage. It grew far more powerful, and with its newfound land and resources, dominated the politicts of the Equestrian Alliance until the others could match its strength. Its leader may be one you are familiar with, but she is no longer an infant. Finally, there is New Equestria. Founded on Twilight's six principles of harmony, as ponies of this day and age remember it, this nation opens its arms to its neighbors to seek out friendships to all who would welcome it. In theory." The pony said. "I will admit some surprise at the lack of infighting between these nations. Perhaps the new religeon they now had in common had something to do with it, or perhaps that they still identified as a whole. I suspect many factors in play."

• 2 weeks later...

The two princesses blinked softly when they heard all this. It was not easy to process, not at all. They made new nations in their name? That was... unexpected to say the least. Really unexpected, yet made sense. They needed leadership, and this became the best they could think of.

"What more can you tell us about the relationship between them?" Celestia soon asked, looking a little concerned for her ponies yet wanting to learn more

"Your nations, the Equestria nations, formed the Equestrian Alliance fairly early on. Between them, relations have been quite good." The pony said. "However, it took them a while to warm up to the two non-pony nations; The Griffon Kingdom, which they ended up going to war with, and the United Hives, which all but the Crystal Empire refused to even agnolage."

"Territory disputes." The pony replied. "Your ponies are far from perfect. They will make mistakes, and they will do horrible things. But, they will live. I will ensure of that."

The pony got up, and began walking towards the elevator doors again. "After all, the reason you are no longer needed is that I have taken your place. I'm just more subtle about it. Now, we need to prepare you for life on the surface. Come."

Archived