I... I wasn't Crying! (OPEN)

Ashton

Scootaloo Crying by liamwhite1

Scootaloo

Celestia's sun was just starting to dip into the horizon, when any passers-by might hear a sad sound... was that... crying? it was coming from the hiking trail near ponyville that lead up into the mountains...

If anypony followed the sound, they would find a familiar orange pegasus filly sitting on a rock, nearby her scooter, with her helmet, leaned against a tree, and a large picnic basket sitting next to it, it wouldn't take a genius to realize that scootaloo had been waiting there all day for somepony, no doubt her idol, and that said pony had failed to show up... something all too common now that dash was a wonderbolt...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tehengu frowned as he saw where the crying was coming from. The griffon swooped down, landing near the filly and looking at her. 

"What's the problem, kid?" He asked, walking over. "They didn't show up?" He asked, looking at the picnic. 

((Are we playing this where they still now each other (even though I had to recton Everything Trixie to tararus and back) or is she meeting him for the "first time" now?))

((that's what I figured, just making sure))

Scootaloo looked up and she managed a tiny smile seeing her adult friend "hi tango... no... she didn't" scootaloo sighed "Rainbow Dash promised we'd go hiking and she'd show me a new trick she was working on, actually saying she wanted my input on it... and I was going to show her one I was working on with my scooter... but... yeah... she never came..." the filly sighed "... she never remembers anymore..." her eyes shining with unspilt tears as she felt the pony she love so much - both love as respect and admiration, and love as wishing they were a family - was forgetting about her or even purposefully lieing to her now...

Tehengu frowned more as he listened to Scootaloo speak. Rainbow Dash blew her off then, and it didn't sound like a rare occurence recently. He sighed slightly, moving over and patting her on the back. 

"I'm sure she still cares about you, you don't get rid of a bond like what it sounds like you two have very easily." He said, giving another pat. "If you want it, I've got some ancient candy from Celestia and Luna's old castle. Looks like it's still good." He added, pulling out the bag. 

The pat on the back seemed to help her a little, and even though she did make a 'gross' face when tango said the candy was from the ancient castle, she still took it and munched on it, after all, she wa still a foal, she still like candy, even if it was probably ten times older than she was... she was quiet a moment "I cant remember the last time we hung out... and I dont count her dragging me into a secret stunt at her show a while back as 'hanging out'" she shook her head "I think I understand why AB went so crazy..." she said, almsot out of the blue "all these expectations of everypony, and then you realize your really just alone..." she glanced down at her flank, and some part of her right now wished she'd enver gotten that mark, since without it she was running around with her friends doing fun things and she never noticed how often Dash blew her off... since she got it though, she and her friends had mostly gone their seperate ways, it had been weeks since she had seen either of them... which gave her more time to try to talk to dash, and mroe time to be blown off by dash...

((the sad part is if scoots was older this coudl be the setup for a very amusing romantic comedy... as it is its just... sad...))

"Kid, she may not be showing up as much as she did before, but you're not alone. You have other friends, even if they're too busy to spend as much time as they used to with you." The griffon said, looking at her as she sat there. "I'm often busy with my work, but that doesn't mean I care about you any less than before. Honestly, she should not be promising anything unless she knows her schedule."

Scootaloo sighed "yeah... it helps my head thinking that they care, but it doesnt help me deeper down..." she said "I've never been good at making friends... most foals my age... I actually think they may be a little scared of me, I've heard them sayhing things about how wild and dangerous I am..." she sighed hard "I wish I were more like Rainbow, she has so many friends..." she said, not realizing that prior to the events of nightmare moon and Twilight's arrival, rainbow didn't really have many close friends either... in some small part for the exact same reasons...

Tehengu listened as Scootaloo spoke, keeping his gaze on her until she finished. He gave a small chuckle before speaking. 

"I know what you mean, kid. Most people don't want to be friends with a griffon soldier turned mercenary." He said, smiling a bit over at her. "And from what I've heard, I'm sure she had the same problem when she was younger."

Scootaloo wasn't too sure what to say to that, being a soldier of fortune was far, far, far away from doing crazy stunts on a scooter and larning to skydive or bungee jump... though she did understand the sentiment, she looked a bit suprised at the last part though "but she has so many friends....?!"clearly since dash hadn't been in ponyville very long before twilight showed up, Scootaloo had assumed dash had always had a lot of friends...

"Now she does. Doesn't mean she always  had those friends." Tehengu said, patting her on the back lightly and chuckling a bit. "Anything you want to do? I'm free right now."

Scootaloo looked over at the picknic pasket "well... I have food... I dont know if you'll like it, I made it for rainbow, but, I guess we can still eat it" she smield a awkward slitly sad smile, but still a smile none the less.

Tehengu smiled back at her, looking over at the picnic basket and humming. He looked back to her and nodded to her, moving the basket over to them so they could both reach it.

"Sure, food sounds great right now." He said, opening it up and pulling out the food.

inside he would find several sandwiches, apple juice, and some cake - Zap Apple cake! Dash's favorite. He would also find that the sandwiches had actually been seasoned with liquid rainbows, just enough to make them way-too-spicey, not enough to give him the runs even the blanket scootaloo had packed was rainbow colored, it was clear she had been, perhaps on purpose or perhaps not, trying to suck up to dash...

"Word of advice, kid, there's flattery and then there's just being creepy. I know she probably likes rainbows and stuff, but this might be a bit too much rainbow stuff." Tehengu said, looking at the food. he pulled out the juice and the sandwiches, dividing them between him and her. "I mean, this has no subtly whatsoever."

Scootaloo just smiled awkwardly "I wanted her to like it"

Tehre was something else in the basket, stuck int he corner, likely forgotten... it was a plushie, looking to be home-made, it was clearly supposed to be dash, the blue fabric, the magenta buttons for eyes... but there was something else... the mane and tail... it looked... it looked real... too real... and the hooves on the toll seemed to have been shaped from actual hoof trimmings... and there was a smell from inside it, as if scootaloo had stuffed it with part of some shirt dash had worn... There wa a lot of dedication to that doll, and a lot of love... and a lot of disturbing-ness... 

Tehengu gave a small nod at Scootaloo's words, pausing as he caught sight of the doll and picked it up. It was... A little creepy, if he was being honest. What was Scootaloo thinking?

"Kid... I sure hope you weren't planning on showing her this... I don't have any experience here, but I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't be fine with a doll made with their hair and hoof trimmings..." He said, staring at the doll and giving a sigh as he put it back in the basket. 

"Just trying to help, kid, but I think you are trying too hard. Dial it back a bit." He said, looking over at her and taking a bite of his sandwich. He immediately drank some of his juice to try to help with the fire in his mouth. 

The filly sighed "If I dial it back she wont even know I'm still alive..." she said "sometimes I feel like she wishes I wasn't here at all... that I'm just a nusance..."

"Sounds to me that you need to find someone else to fill that spot, if only temporarily. I'm not saying you should give up on her, but maybe you should try to get someone else to fill that void while you two figure out what's going on." Tehengu said, sighing a bit as he watched the filly. 

Scootaloo sighed "do you know sompony who's as awesome, fast, cool, and amazing as she is?" yeah, scootaloo had some lofty expectations for anypony to live up to....

"Well as far as I know she's the fastest pony around here, but I'm sure there are ponies around that could tide you over, as they say." He said, sighing again. "Besides, sometimes you just have to take what you can get, kid. Even if it isn't exactly what you wanted." He finished, looking down at his juice as he thought about stuff. 

Scootaloo hung her head, then stomped her hoof "No!" she said, looking up, tears in her eyes "Rainbow wouldn't settle for second best! Second place is just first looser! I wont settle for second best either! I'll try twice... ten... a jillion times harder!" she said an almost terrifying ammount of determination in her face...

Tehengu stared at Scootaloo for a few moments before chuckling lightly. 

"Kid, I admire your determination, but sometimes things just don't work out. Keep trying, by all means, just don't be surprised if it all falls through. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst." He said, ending with a sigh as he looked back to his cup. 

Scootaloo had that grim determination on her face and it was clear her mind was starting in a downward spiral "...maybe if her flightsuit disappeared... she'd have to stay here a while till she got a new one..." she said, more to herself "...or if something bad broke in her house... or..." it would probably be a good idea to curtail the filly's train of thought before it got even more dark and destructive (not to mention self-destructive if dash found out she was behind it)

Archived