I... I wasn't Crying! (OPEN)

Ashton

"Sabotage is not the way to get someone to like you, kid." Tehengu said, looking over at the filly again. "Just talk to her, you two need to figure out what's going on between you two." 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scootaloo sighed "but she's always in such a hurry, even if she's jsut going someplace to nap she's always rushing around or so high up in the sky she cant hear me..." she hung her head "I had to get twilight to kinda trap dash in a room just to talk to her about this picknic" she admitted sheepishly

"Can you make Rainbow spend more time with me?" she asked with a grin "can you at least find out why she's ashamed of me...?" she asked, letting her enthusiasm wane, as usual for a foal, assuming it was something she had done, of course with how self-consious she was about her inability to fly she probably assumed others focused on it as well...

Scootaloo jumped up and hugged the griffen, no doubt if she were larger she would have knocked him over onto his back "ThankYouThankYouThankyou!" she exclaimed, afew tears leaking out as she hugged him tight

((sad part is she cant see what's right in front of her eyes, here she has somone more than willing to spend time with her, but all she can think of is Dash...))

Tehengu chuckled a bit at the hug, returning it a bit with one claw and rubbing her back.

"Hey, calm down kid, it's the least I can do." He said, chuckling again.

Scootaloo just hugged the griffen tight "your so... soft..." she murmered, and before she knew it, she had dozed off in his soft fur and feathers, worn out from the long day of not seeing dash and the emmotional termoil... of course practicing ehr stunts to show the missing pegasus also helped...

Tehengu blinked a bit as he realized that Scootaloo had fallen asleep against him. He smiled slightly after a moment, simply sitting there and continuing to eat as he let the filly sleep against him.

((oh this is going to be fun if he tries to "take her home" since she never told him where she was "living" iirc...))

She held tight to him, a smile on her face, quietly mumbling things now and again, looking like a tiny pony cherub, so innocent, quiet, and calm - unlike when she was awake...

(I don't think she's mentioned it to him either...)

After he had finished, he simply watched her for a while before he realized he had no idea where to take her. Where did she live? He could bring her to his house, but that was a bit out of the way considering it was in the woods...

He didn't have any better ideas though, so the griffon scooped up the filly and placed her on his back as he cleaned up and flew off towards his home.

As she slept the wind blowign accross her, he would feel her wings twitching as she muttered, so very softly "I can do it... I can fly... I can fly..." so touching and yet heartbreaking at the very same time...

Tehengu smiled a bit as he heard her mumbling, continuing on his path to his house and eventually touching down. He walked into the house and put the basket on the floor before heading to his bed an putting Scootaloo down in it, tucking her in before heading to clean up his house a bit.

Scootaloo slept for a time, she looked liek she might absoltuely melt at the nice soft bed, in fact at one point she started drooling... which unfortunately woke her up...

"eeewwww..." she commented, lifting her hoof up and pulling a string of her own drool with it. she then looked around "where... am... I?" she asked quietly as she looked at the room she was now in...

Tehengu had finished his cleaning and was heading back into the room to check on Scootaloo just as she spoke. He looked over at her for a moment before responding.

"You're at my house, kid. Sleep well?" He asked, smiling at her a bit.

"...oh..." she said, looking around, clearly a tiny bit concerned since she'd never been there before, but she also trusted tango and she knew Twilight did, so that had to count for something right? Or atleast twilight hadn't thrown him out of the castle so he cant be bad, right? 

she still looked extremely comfortable on the bed, but with a lot of willpower she said "I probably need to get back home before my parents are worried" she said, momentarily forgetting that she'd already admitted to tango that she was an orphan... and also making it clear she was trying to keep up the charade that she had a normal life, and every moment he knew her,t he griffen woudl likely see one more sign that her life was anything BUT normal... and usually in bad ways...

"Kid, don't lie to me. I'm not going to force you to stay here, but don't try and tell me you're going to parents you don't have just to get out of here." He said, giving her a look that showed he meant it. "You can stay here anytime you want, though it probably won't be too often considering we're in the Whitetail Woods currently." He added, shrugging a bit.

Scootaloo hung her head "I... I dont like the others to worry" she said "so I tell them my parents will be upset if I dont go home... cost me more than a few meals too..." she commented quietly

Tehengu sighed slightly at her words, keeping his gaze on her as he spoke again. "Don't worry about that around me, kid. I'm here to help. Don't be shy about asking for food or shelter, I live alone out here and I travel, I'm used to not sleeping on a bed and I have foraged for food multiple times before."

Scootaloo looked down at the bed and pawed at it with her hoof "have you ever had scalding hot coffee spileld on you? and not been able to scream or cry out because you were scared you'd be caught?" she asked sadly "Couldn't even move, had to lie there with it running all over me untill later..." she whimpered

Tehengu frowned at that, opening his beak for a moment before closing it again and walking over to sit in front of her. "Kid, I used to be a soldier in case you forgot, I've been through worse than that." He said, putting a claw on her shoulder. "I know how it feels, pain that you simply have to suffer through."

She kicks the bed harder tears comming to her eyes "all becase U'm not good one!" she said as she whimpered, as was a chronic sympton of her low self esteem, she blamed herself for that too, it was lookign hard to fin anything that scotoaloo didn't think was somehow her own fault, apparnetly including not having a home...

"Kid, stop blaming yourself. Having coffee spilled on you is not your fault, neither is your situation." He said, giving a hard look to the filly. "Not everything that happens to you is your fault. Do you think it's my fault that my squad-mate betrayed my squad and ruined my eye? No, it was his fault."

She sighed "If I were good enough, Rainbow would adopt me and we'd be a big happy family..." the tears were starting "instead she doesnt even want to be around me... I wonder if she even hates me..."

((also just fyi, this is normal child psychology, anytime anything is wrong they tend to blame themselves - I'm not "being a pain int he tail" with this, it's perfectly realistic))

"No kid, it's not you that's the problem here. Rainbow needs to figure out how to juggle all her responsibilities and not blow you off. She probably thinks you can take it, so she focuses on the ones that aren't so tough." Tehengu said, squeezing her shoulder gently.

Archived