I... I wasn't Crying! (OPEN)

Ashton

Scootaloo sighed "I'm sure Rainbow is doing important things..."

---camera change to see dash napping on a cloud, camera back on scoots---

"...and I can take it... sometimes..." she sighed "maybe I'm not as strong as she thinks I am... especially now that my friends are gone..." she leaned against tango's side

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"For her sake, I hope so." Tehengu said, listening as Scootaloo continued. "And your friends aren't gone, you just don't see each other as much. You still have friends, Kid."

Scootaloo sighed "it's not the same... I mean, yeah, if something bad happened I know they'd be tehre, but what about just day to day... like today... if they'd been there we coudl have had an awesome time even when rainbow never showed up... but they werent... and they never are anymore..."

"That's just the thing, kid. They're not going to be there all the time. Sometimes you just have to deal with it yourself, but never forget that you still have friends. You are never truly alone, not like I was." Tehengu said, watching her. 

She shook her head "Running with scissors?" she asked with an innocent, awkward chuckle, clearly knowing that wasn't going to be the answer...

"Not quite." He chuckled, his face turning serious and a bit sad. "My squad... We were basically a family... All but one of them. That one betrayed us during a mission, and because of him I lost everything..." Tehengu sighed sadly after that, looking at the floor. 

Scootaloo looked horrified "but... but... why? I mean maybe he was protecting his family or he was being forced to by somone evil, or....?" it was clear her little mind was struggling to find a rational explanation that would let her see some reason for it, she still wanted to see the good in everypony, it was touching.

"I... I don't know. He's gone too." Tehengu sighed, looking over at Scootaloo. "The point is, kid, that you're not alone. Not nearly as much as you seem to think, anyways."

Scootaloo hugged the bird tight "your not alone now either, i promise" comming from a foal that meant so little, but at the same time, so very much.

"Thanks, kid." He said, returning the hug gently. "I know, I have friends all over the place. Or at least allies, if not friends." 

The he griffon was smiling slightly now, the hug bringing his mind away from his past and cheering him up a bit. 

"I may not be strong, or a good flier... or a flier at all... but for whatever I'm worth I promise you I'll always be your friend - not just an allie when it's a good time, but there in the hard times too" she smiled a slightly broken smile as she hugged him more "...just... please... be there for me too, ok?" she asked with another broken smile

Scootaloo laughed a little awkwardly "yeah, I guess so" she managed a small smile "I do have school tomorrow though..." she said with a sigh, then a tiny smile "can I sleep here and you fly me to school in the morning?" she asked with an excited energy dancing in her eyes

Scootaloo smiled as she snuggled in close to the griffen "you sure are soft..." she said quietly as she soon fell asleep again, smiling 

Tehengu carefully extracted himself from Scootaloo, tucking the filly in again and letting her sleep. He left the room, making his own temporary bed and laying down in it. 

The filly slept like a log, it being her first time in a real bed in a long time, he wouldn't hear a peep from her for the rest of the night.

Archived