Equestria Girls

SteelEagle

Done and done. Removed any references to countries, substituting them with continents and regions. Also made him more specialized when it comes to his with sports and corrected some typos. Is this more acceptable?

• 2 weeks later...

Name- Sugarcoat

Age- 16

Gender- Female

Appearance- 

Spoiler

1IDzh3n.png

ldVNlmS.png

Character Summary:

Spoiler

History -

During the Friendship Games Sugarcoat along with other of her fellow students presured Twilight into releasing the magic that she had stolen from the mane six previously. But when Midnight Sparkle starts to destroy the world around them Sugarcoat and her classmates spring into action to help out the Wondercolts and anyone in danger.

At a sleepover with Twilight Sparkle and her friends Sugarcoat finds that she and a few of the Mane Six actually share a lot in common. Even to the point that she starts to turn on her own friends when they become bullies or try to ruin the party. Its this kind of attitude that makes Sugarcoat a deer friend and someone who will never give up on a friendship.

Personality -

Sugarcoat is an overly blunt person who has a sort of cynical attitude towards other. She points out other peoples faults without hesitation. She is a super competitive, a touch arrogant, and a very poor sport. She will do anything that she has to so that the playing field is even, if she doesn't beat you at your best she didn't beat you.

She speaks in a rather fast and assertive voice and lets it all out at once. As Pinkie Pie said its “a lot to take in when you say it all at once.”

Akin to Fluttershy, Sugarcoat loves all types of animals, and Snickerdoodles.

Scholastic Information -

Sugarcoat excels in most of academia but she finders her nitch in the Home-EC sort of things like Wood Shop and Culinary classes.

Important news about an upcoming EQG Thread!

Name: To Catch a Cheater

Date: 11/7/2016

Type: Open!

Information:

General:

Spoiler

To Catch A Cheater. (Part 1, maybe)

Roleplay prompt for EQG.

People required:

Sugarcoat

Sunset Shimmer

Applejack

You!

Plot points:

1: Test scores and answers are stolen from Canterlot High as well as Crystal Prep.

2: People from each school blame people from the other thinking some sort of sabotage.

3: Sugarcoat and Sunset Shimmer chosen as “Envoys” for each school and are able to bring along other students to meet up and figure out what is actually going on.

4: ???

Story Intro:

Spoiler

It was just a normal day like any other at Crystal Prep, another homework assignment, another test. It had all become so bland and uneventful after the friendship games. Sugarcoat adjusted her classes as she took in the smell of all the books around her now that she sat in the Library. That last test seemed almost too easy, I sure hope I didn't forget anything. She thought to herself, it was normal for her to be one of the first few people in the class to finish her tests but this really did seem off to her. Not only was she the first one to finish but she was also slipped a note into her jacket pocket as she left the classroom that told her to meet her in the Library after the test was done. So wanting to figure out what this was all about she followed the instructions. I don't know who they think they are, but whoever it is better be here soon. I mean who has meetings in the 'Reference' section of the Library. She casually flipped thru one of the nearby 'Historical Landmarks of The World' not really paying attention to the words or where the places were located but just looking longingly at the pictures.

Deep in thought Sugarcoat almost missed as someone walked up and sat next to her. It was strange, this person was clearly in violation of the school dress code for wearing a hood. He slipped her another note. “Do you want to get revenge on those girls from Canterlot High for ruining the Friendship Games for you and all of Crystal Prep?” it said in a fairly messy handwriting. “Well, whoever you are, if you had been there you would know that it wasn't ruined by anyone from Canterlot High.” She wrote back in a very speedy but clean style. “Then you wouldn't mind if something happened to the school?” He wrote back, this was strange even after all the things that Sugarcoat had seen recently this sure took the cake. With a huff Sugarcoat got up from her chair, collected her bag and books and headed to the checkout counter, not paying anymore mind to that mysterious nobody. What in the world could he have been talking about “something happened to the school?” Sugarcoat would have to bring this up to the girls from Canterlot and hopefully it wasn't something like painting every locker and room yellow. That would sure be a big mess to clean up.

With a quick text to Applejack and Sunset Shimmer she wrote: Hey, just wanted to let you know there is this strange guy here who is in total violation of the dress code and acting all funny. He left me a note asking if I would care that 'something' might happen to CHS. Just wanted to give you girls a heads up in case its someone trying to rekindle our rivalry. Either way, take it easy, see you are the Sugar Cube Corner for Hot Coco still after school?

Scene 1 will take place in the Sugar Cube Corner where the girls will meet up with any potential people interested in this strange turn of events!

I've given it a lot of thought and I'll have to deny Swift Squall. Sorry, but I'm just not sure that a character with that sort of backstory meshes with the general theme and tone of this setting. We're playing high school kids, some of whom are magical, and one of whom used to a magical unicorn. He just clashes immensely hard with the setting, and I'm not sure how he fits.

Sugarcoat accepted.

1 minute ago, SteelEagle said:

I've given it a lot of thought and I'll have to deny Swift Squall. Sorry, but I'm just not sure that a character with that sort of backstory meshes with the general theme and tone of this setting. We're playing high school kids, some of whom are magical, and one of whom used to a magical unicorn. He just clashes immensely hard with the setting, and I'm not sure how he fits.

Sugarcoat accepted.

While I fail to understand this argumentation I acknowledge the decision. Perhaps later I will write him somewhat more...fitting.

27 minutes ago, SteelEagle said:

Ciraxis, your character reads like he's a Metal Gear Solid OC.

He kind of does, point taken (Although when I made errr..original Squall, Snake's adventures were nowhere near my mind, honest!). I tried to transplant his others self backstory because...well, because without having Shell-Shoked experiences he doesn't feel like Squall to me. Probably tried to hard with that one. Working to make him similar without that will probably take lot of time from me.

Again I am not disputing with the decision, you run the setting - you call the shot's.

Name: Rubble Rose

Appearance:

Spoiler

0Y8ZDgD.jpg

Rubble is a strong, muscular looking young woman. Tall for her age to the point some of the friends back at a local gym in Fet loch would jokingly call her a giant, Rose tends to stand almost half a head above others her age. Her hair can be well described as a wild, red mane that is as untameable and wild as the one who bears it seems passive and almost detached.  Typically seen in her casual wear, Rose can easily be identified by a dull grey hoodie with a fur lining and a flatcap topping her head: one she is known for fiddling with the brim when nervous.

Character Summary: 

Rose was born in Fet loch, living a simple life working in her family's general store. Life in her family was usually quite calm with only the occasional lively altercation from brothers and sisters. Even in her youngest days the little girl showed impressive physicality and endurance for her age... as well as an almost monstrous appetite. As she grew up, her natural athletic prowess seemed to be only being spent lifting and hauling things on the family store. This trend ended around the time she first witnessed a Mixed Martial Arts tournament on Television. Fascinated by the technique and skill of the practitioners of it, Rose Resolved to become a tournament fighter once she graduated. This was not an easy path, even with her talent for building muscle, strength, and speed. It is still very much a work in progress but her leaps and bounds can be evidenced by her impressive reflexes and almost frightening show's of physical strength. Eventually this physical prowess got the attention of crystal prep who offered her the chance to go there if she would serve as one of their athletes.

Her time in school was rather turbulent during her last year when she was seen spending time with a biker gang in the area. While in reality it turned out that she kept going there to ask them repeatedly to keep the noise down because her family was having trouble sleeping at night. The didn't relent so one night after a particularly bad day, she demanded their leader have them go somewhere else. A hot tempered man a fight with a schoolgirl wound up ending much quicker than anticipated when she managed to punch out their leader. Once leaving she learned that the school's news began to circulate a story painting her as a delinquent trying to take control of a violent element in the community! Thankfully a true friend came to her aide: Starlight Glimmer. Rose was not sure how she did it but the story was pulled and apologized for and Glimmer and her have been working together since... usually with glimmer asking her to do odd requests every now and again.

In terms of Interactions, Rose can be described as seeming aloof, disinterested, and flat sounding. Despite these initial impressions she tends to give, Rose just has difficulty showing her emotions: often letting them brew inside. While not particularly intuitive with other people, Rose is rather quick thinking and in regards to the areas she has trained in and her strength is smart enough to know how to use it well and quickly adapt to unusual situations. On her down time she is often seen with headphones on and listening to various types of music, In order to compensate for this she has decided... to stick to reading lips  in a lot of social situations rather than take them off.  When not on the job as Starlight's Shadow on call she can often be seen at the sugarcube corner, nosed pressed up against the glass as she marvels at confections and debating internally as to which one she can take.

IN terms of her grades in crystal prep, Rose is at her best "Average" and on her worst days below. Thanks to her contributions to the volley ball team she is mostly propped up by the good graces of those in charge so long as she continues to perform well.

On November 6, 2016 at 10:36 PM, AlisonRose said:

I don't think Inkbrand would be invested enough to actively try and investigate the shenanigans, but I can totally see him being one of the first to jump on the accusation bandwagon. Maybe if the thread reaches a point where Sugarcoat and the others start interviewing students, Inkbrand could make a cameo as a sort of "witness", someone who saw something shifty and suspicious like.

Or just as your average rabble-rousing anti-Crystal Prep, "lemme-punch-someone-then-I'll-ask-questions" jock, because every school needs one of those~

• 1 month later...

SciTwi

Name- Twilight Sparkle (SciTwi)
Age- 15
Appearance (EQG picture allowed)-

fCX4vAT

Character Summary (History, personality, and scholastic information)-

History:

Twilight used to be a member of the prestigious Crystal Prep school. While there she didn't have many friends leading her to zone in on her studies and expand her knowledge to everything that she could get her hands on. One day the thing that eluded her the most found her, Magic. Now with a new thing to try and figure out Twilight set out to do whatever she had to do, and in this case it meant entering the Friendship Games to represent her school and accidentally use a device she made to steal the magical powers of some of the CHS students. Unleashing a power crazed version of herself called "Midnight Sparkle" and eventually transferring to CHS at the end of the Friendship Games she finds herself six new people who welcome her with open arms and even call her friend. With them at her side it seemed like there wasn't anything they couldn't do, they always seemed to have fun together and had a bond that was much deeper then words could explain. Twilight joined some CHS students on a trip to the legendary Camp Everfree where they took part in various activities and discovered that she herself had magical powers akin to that of the other six people she kept close to her heart. They did battle with an ancient spirit known as Gia Everfree but armed with their new powers the seven friends easily dealt with the challenge even having time to throw a surprise fund raising concert to save the camp from Filthy Rich.

Rainbooms!: Twilight is a vocalist for the band called "The Rainbooms."

Scholastic: Twilight Sparkle is gifted in literally every form of study but finds her highest levels in Math and Science, her most lacking subject is still Friendship. She is also not that good at sports, though she does try if she has to.

Personality: Twilight is a very friendly person and while not trying to go out of her way would love to get to know you. With all the kindness, generosity, honesty, laughter, and loyalty that they have shown her she tries to embody the spirit of Friendship along with her closest friend Sunset who she views as the embodiment of Courage.

Rarity

Name- Rarity
Age- 16

http://imgur.com/ZtBfNQR[/img]

EozvS9Z

History: One of the first people at Canterlot High to reach out a hand and help Twilight Sparkle (Princess) get adjusted to the new school (world) with a disguise. With Twilight's help she rekindles her friendship with Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Fluttershy. In return for her help and friendship they band together to get Twilight Sparkle voted in as their Fall Formal Princess. After finding out that Sunset Shimmer harbored a She Demon the six band together to use their power of friendship to cast a sort of magical spell to not only fix Sunset Shimmer but to show her that in friendship their is forgiveness. When the Sirens show up and ruin the CHS Musical Showcase by turning it into a Battle of the Bands Rarity is one of the first to find discord in the group with Applejack about their band outfits. Without Sunset to stop the fighting and Vinyl Scratch to help them play their music over the Sirens they might have lost that battle. Later during the friendship games she has her "pony up" magic stolen from her by Twilight Sparkle (SciTwi) who later releases all the magic she has stolen and turns herself into a dark being who only wants to understand and control magic at any cost. With her friends bond they are able to seperate the darkness from Twilight Sparkle (SciTwi) and show her the redemption of friendship. At Camp Everfree she finds out she has the ability to make ethereal gems that act as shields, even using one to save a fellow student from falling off a boat into the water or during the fight with Gia Everfree she uses it to protect Lyra and Bonbon. 

Rainbooms!: Rarity is the Keytarist for the band called "The Rainbooms."

Scholastic: Rarity has a hard time staying awake during classes like History, Science, or Math. Her strong suites are any of the Home Ec. department or English.

Personality: The literal embodiment of fashion and generosity Rarity will stop at nothing to have you looking and feeling your best!

Name - Dawn Valiant Dark Core, Master of EVIL
Age - 16
Appearance -

Spoiler

343f23d46c.pngRight Here!
Dyed red hair with black tips, fair complexion. Often wearing black jeans and sneakers, and dark coloured tops with skulls or other 'evil' imagery on them. Never seen without his dark purple cape either!

Character Summery -

Spoiler

Dark Core! Greatest evil mastermind to ever live! King of Pranks, Lord of Mischief, Exceedingly Brilliant and Handsome! If you asked the boy himself just who he is, that's what he would tell you. Of course if that's remotely true is really up to perception.

Dawn Valiant as is his real name, is a student of Canterlot High and a rather enthusiastic member of their drama club. The young man is the son of a doctor at nearby Children's Hospital and a local wedding planner, his younger sister Evershine also attends the school. Asking the boy himself, he'd tell you they're all goody two shoes. Dark is often seen skulking around the school between classes spreading evil in the form of mostly harmless pranks and tricks on students and faculty alike. While he considers himself a great villain and menace to all, most students likely see him as a minor nuisance at best.

Outside of school you'll most likely find him spending time at a comic or games shop...probably arguing with someone else over which her-er...villain is better, or which campaign for Oubliettes and Ogres is superior. Most who try to get close to Dark find that, in spite of his abrasive and 'evil' personality, he can be a genuinely entertaining and dare one say friendly young man.

Scholastically, Dark does surprisingly well! Getting Bs on average with the occasional A here and there. His weaker points seem to be Maths which he finds boring, History because who needs history when you'll make history, and Gym to a lesser extent. He's rather good at running and climbing, but when a prank or act of eeeevil goes south, you've got to be! His favourite class however next to Drama would be Music though the two tend to tie together due to their, well, dramatic nature. The boy will often jump at the chance to play a lead villain or a singing roll, so long as it's not a hero. Though if push comes to shove, the show must go on and he'll swallow his pride and be...ech...good.

• 3 weeks later...

Name- Discord P. Sullivan, PhD (Sometimes called Professor Chaos)
Age- Assumed Mid-forties due to greying hair (32 in actuality)

Spoiler

PRoOdoW.png

History-

Spoiler

In his youth he always had a love for all things science fiction. As a boy he strongly believed in the idea that science and magic had no bordering discrepancies if done correctly. Being he was always a fan of science fiction media and other works of fantasy he grew up with the belief that many of the stories would could be turned into science fact wit ha bit of ingenuity. He had spent his life in the pursuit of all things amazing studying anything he could on many theories that plagued scientists, specifically quantum theory: and idea of worlds beyond their own had worlds even further beyond deep down in the subatomic realm. Teleportation, parallel dimensions and time travel had been the basis of his dreams that drove his education. He had always felt there had to be other hims that made decisions and choices he never made and other hims that did not become human, but were instead born frogs, or even a dragon. 

But such radical pursuits often left him isolated from others, developing odd quirks and personality habits that persisted into his adulthood. Spoiled with privilege he never had reason to break them. He did not care much to abide by any laws of fashion either, always wearing mismatching colors he found satisfying, causing him to stand out, giving him a sense of imbalance amongst the obnoxiously controlling beliefs that offered no leeway for new ideas. He was a gentlemen, learned in the ways of manners and ettiequte, his caregivers quite strict. Growing up he never spoke of his parents, nor did he ever call them such. It was always "caregivers" this and "caregivers" that. There was a sense of spite in the way he snobbishly provided their title.

Much of his time was spent in his lab at home studying, testing theories, writing new theories. It wasn't until he was testing out a long ranged radio, as he called it (even though it was a CB Radio with a bunch of weird wiring and a small frequency dish added) he had heard it. Another him. It was faint, distant, but distinct. It was a long and enlightening conversation that put him on the path to greatness -- or at least madness! He knew just what his thesis would be and he sought to find a way to get to that place where the other him was. Discovering a new world would make him famous! But alas to science one needed grants and to grants one needed to science -- so he needed a job to feed himself while he did his research or find himself living in an old cardboard box for oranges.

He was born in the little known city Chaosville, quite a secluded place, moving to the city soon after his graduation in search of a job to fuel his starting research. He had visited Canterlot on occasion. Being a bit of a shut in he was sometiems forced to go to Camp Everfree during the summer months. He would never understand why  he felt such a scathing rivalry towards the locals, Canterlot a rather kind and quiet place, but just too much routine. To him they seemed a bit too high and mighty for his tastes, thus came the irony of him having to apply for a position there as a physics teacher. 

Personality-

Spoiler

Generally in high spirits the professor was eccentric in his nature. In his field he had no rival, but his sense of fashion looked as if he took a tumble into his closet and wore whatever he fell out in. Up all night with research distinct bags under his eyes. He spent much of the day running on tea and biscuits. he hated authority and was often sarcastic, crass when it came to hindering rules. After all the fire code was just a suggestion in his mind, the experiments in his classes and lab usually ending up with the front of his face charred. Generally with good sense of humor, he was not too fond of foul-mouthed little mis-- students questioning his methods, even if they were sometimes unsound and highly questionable in safety conduct. 

He was notoriously lazy. Being from a privileged household he was not used to cleaning up his own messes or accepting responsibility for his own negligence. Even still he was a good teacher, liking to showboat quite a bit in class and have fun. Students didn't learn to love science with boring curriculum or lesson plans.

Scholastic Information-

Spoiler

Eccentric the man is known to be, at best, contrary, and at worst: bizarre. A genius from youth in all things physics he has many achievements in the research of quantum physics he has helped in various advances in theory less so than its practice. 

•Physics Education degree; allows him to teach elementary and highschool level physics
•Atomic, molecular, and optical physics degree; the study matter and light interaction on atomic levels
•Space Physics degree; the study of SPPAAAAAAACE -- its environment and exploration
•Quantum Physics degree; I mean -- this is a given, no?

• 3 months later...

Name: Rakuen Ryuichi

Appearance: 

Spoiler

XaZOD5J.png

History: Born into the wealthy Rakuen family of Kyoma, Neighpon, Ryuichi grew up living the life of the elite. He and his brother enjoyed many privileges as the sons of the powerful family, and were expected to carry on the name with prestige and discipline. As the first born, Ryuichi in particular was fully immersed into the family business and history, but soon developed some shortsighted vision, concerning himself mostly with the family and himself, rather than looking outwards towards others. Deciding he needed some more perspective in his life (and perhaps a break from the extreme pressure he'd been subjected to from an early age), Ryuichi's parents forcibly enrolled him in an exchange program that had him carted off far overseas, to spend a few years at an institution called Canterlot High.  

Scholastic Information: With the best tuition money can buy, it is no wonder Ryuichi has entered Canterlot High with top grades. He excels in the maths and sciences, preferring cold hard reasoning and logic over the imaginative nuances needed for other subjects, but still maintains perfect grades in all subjects, despite not particularly enjoying academics. As his education was picked out and cultivated to meet his particular academic needs during his youth, Ryuichi never had time to be involved in many clubs or activities. He is, however, a skilled kendo martial artist, and often had private lessons with a mentor back home.

Personality: As he is expected to behave and compose himself in a manner befitting his station as the Rakuen heir, Ryuichi is often quiet and serious, giving off an air of impersonal detachment from the going-ons around him. In truth, Ryuichi is anything but, and is often more outgoing and relaxed around close friends and companions. He has a very dry sense of humor, and often makes sarcastic or wry remarks whenever a situation arises. Ryuichi also holds a secret love of Golem Trading Cards, and is rumored to have quite a massive collection of his own. Despite making no attempts to loudly proclaim it, Ryuichi still doesn't bother hiding his status as the son of the wealthy and influential - designer clothing, accessories, and bags are always on his person, and he often looks more like he stepped off a photo shoot than out of a high school classroom.

Archived