World of Equestria: The Age of Heroes!

Pretzelparty

23 hours ago, Pretzelpony said:

Approved, Just would like clarification do you mean that Daring do in this universe is one of the six who were present on nightmare night or that The centurian was. I'm a bit unclear on that. Also I should point out Luna in this universe's hero moniker is Moon-lit- knight. I'm excited to See how Dash will do!

In other news, The academy has opened it's doors. If you have any questions please bring them up to me! This is my first setting and I'll welcome any help within reason. :)

Oooops!  Noted.  And fixed.  Thank you!

To be fair, I bet trying to start your first solo villainous caper, only to be essentially ambushed by three and a half heroes is pretty frustrating.  She might have kind of been waiting for an excuse to get mad, by this point.

6 hours ago, moonshineTheleocat said:

Being called a Buck made Harbringer that mad? Dear lord, what sort of issues did she have in her childhood!? O.o

6 hours ago, DerpRavener said:

To be fair, I bet trying to start your first solo villainous caper, only to be essentially ambushed by three and a half heroes is pretty frustrating.  She might have kind of been waiting for an excuse to get mad, by this point.

And Derp is not wrong, she's just somewhat moody over how bad things are going. let's start with things she's failed to do. Steal something, hurt a hero, get a hostage, get away with something. On top of that she was been hurt, frozen and got a nice face-full of sidewalk just to have the heroes hang out around her and start talking to one another.  Sadly Machina's words were just the last straw for Ember and she blew her top. I even did a dice roll to see just how angry she'd get and hit a nice net 20, poor things going to pull something.

I hope I played the blow well enough Dusty! For Machina's Canon... think of something like Samus's rounds from super metroid.

The stunlance was a less than lethal inspiration from Deus Ex, Human Revolutions. It's not sharp, but most of it's damage comes from the high voltage electricity. It can only cut if he purposely overloads it.

3 hours ago, moonshineTheleocat said:

I hope I played the blow well enough Dusty! For Machina's Canon... think of something like Samus's rounds from super metroid.

The stunlance was a less than lethal inspiration from Deus Ex, Human Revolutions. It's not sharp, but most of it's damage comes from the high voltage electricity. It can only cut if he purposely overloads it.

I like it! Will give her something to feel good about with how bad the rest of her outing has gone, and odds are she will hear him out on ruining now. she got a small win in, time to tuck tail and run for it before they all team up on her. 

Well, Machina is definitely involved. She voided his noninterference policy :3. He might have one of his drones follow her though, maybe she'll get a very literal friendly visit at her shop.

"Sooooo... This is where you cadoodled the pooch on your first night as a villain.... And uh.... Stay out of trouble! Oh... And how much to repair this helmet?"

• Like 1

Honestly... Not sure what Tehengu would do once he finds out her identity... Considering who he works for and what he knows of her, it probably wouldn't be too hard to figure it out, but I dunno what he'd do with that info considering she actually has a family...

Superhero Name: Shui Seng (The Water Monk). She keeps her real identity as secret as she can, only telling her closest friends. 

Powers: She has a command over water born of her chi. At least that is how she sees it. She uses it to increase her range, empower her attacks, and even heal the injured. She uses this water in conjunction with her martial arts and her nagitana. She also has great speed, flexibility, strength and stamina, partially due to her chi and partially due to her training. 

Alias: Liviel Mizu, a traveling martial artist. 

Backstory: Liviel was born and raised in a monastery, the Fenhuang Monastery in Long Guo to be more specific. She was abandoned there as a baby, and the monks were the only family she ever knew. The dog was fascinated by the teachings of the monks as she grew up, and began to learn from them wherever she could, especially when it came to martial arts. 

She was good friends with every one of her fellow students and her instructors, helping out wherever she could as she learned what it meant to be an Annointed Follower. 

When she eventually reached that title, she left her home to start her travels, her only possessions being her nagitana and her clothing. She had a simple white gi that almost blended into her white fur, as well as matching pants and a black belt. 

As she traveled, she taught others how to defend themselves, and fought for them where necessary. While she was meditating after one of these fights, she was sitting in front of a river and the water came to her, soothing her injuries. After that, she worked on this ability in her free time, discovering many uses for her abilities and deciding she should become a hero as well. 

The whole idea of her secret identity was that she did not want credit for her acts, she was simply doing what was right and she did not expect a reward or recognition for it. She worked hard as she traveled, becoming known in the hero community. She eventually learned of the superhero school and offered her services as an instructor, hoping to help guide these heroes in the right direction. 

Appearance: Her costume is a white gi as well, though there are blue designs of waves, and there is a hood and facemask attached to it. Her mask completely covers the face, leaving only the general shape visible. It has eye holes, but they are white as well so they tend to blend in with the rest of the mask. The hood shares the design of the gi, as does the pants. 

Her body is one of lean muscle, making her stronger than she looks considering her skinniness. 

Notable Allies: All who fight for the forces of good. 

Notable Enemies: Shepard, a diamond dog assassin that only uses his skills and his martial arts in battle aside from occasionally using his opponent's weapons against them. 

General Notability: Both sides of her are relatively unknown, though her hero side is more well known as it is harder than one would think to avoid publicity. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moonshineTheleocat said:

Well, Machina is definitely involved. She voided his noninterference policy :3. He might have one of his drones follow her though, maybe she'll get a very literal friendly visit at her shop.

"Sooooo... This is where you cadoodled the pooch on your first night as a villain.... And uh.... Stay out of trouble! Oh... And how much to repair this helmet?"

7 hours ago, PyroBlaze said:

Honestly... Not sure what Tehengu would do once he finds out her identity... Considering who he works for and what he knows of her, it probably wouldn't be too hard to figure it out, but I dunno what he'd do with that info considering she actually has a family...

The poor mare will have an heart attack if they show up at her door! Most of all if her mom or hubby is around... But it sounds fun. :mad:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PyroBlaze said:

Superhero Name: Shui Seng (The Water Monk). She keeps her real identity as secret as she can, only telling her closest friends. 

Powers: She has a command over water born of her chi. At least that is how she sees it. She uses it to increase her range, empower her attacks, and even heal the injured. She uses this water in conjunction with her martial arts and her nagitana. She also has great speed, flexibility, strength and stamina, partially due to her chi and partially due to her training. 

Backstory: Liviel was born and raised in a monastery, the Fenhuang Monastery in Long Guo to be more specific. She was abandoned there as a baby, and the monks were the only family she ever knew. The dog was fascinated by the teachings of the monks as she grew up, and began to learn from them wherever she could, especially when it came to martial arts. 

She was good friends with every one of her fellow students and her instructors, helping out wherever she could as she learned what it meant to be an Annointed Follower. 

When she eventually reached that title, she left her home to start her travels, her only possessions being her nagitana and her clothing. She had a simple white gi that almost blended into her white fur, as well as matching pants and a black belt. 

As she traveled, she taught others how to defend themselves, and fought for them where necessary. While she was meditating after one of these fights, she was sitting in front of a river and the water came to her, soothing her injuries. After that, she worked on this ability in her free time, discovering many uses for her abilities and deciding she should become a hero as well. 

The whole idea of her secret identity was that she did not want credit for her acts, she was simply doing what was right and she did not expect a reward or recognition for it. She worked hard as she traveled, becoming known in the hero community. She eventually learned of the superhero school and offered her services as an instructor, hoping to help guide these heroes in the right direction. 

Appearance: Her costume is a white gi as well, though there are blue designs of waves, and there is a hood and facemask attached to it. Her mask completely covers the face, leaving only the general shape visible. It has eye holes, but they are white as well so they tend to blend in with the rest of the mask. The hood shares the design of the gi, as does the pants. 

Her body is one of lean muscle, making her stronger than she looks considering her skinniness. 

Notable Enemies: Shepard, a diamond dog assassin that only uses his skills and his martial arts in battle aside from occasionally using his opponent's weapons against them. 

General Notability: Both sides of her are relatively unknown, though her hero side is more well known as it is harder than one would think to avoid publicity. 

I really like this one! Since she's an instructor, can she be one of the folks who taught Flash Mob the ropes?

• Like 1

On 8/23/2016 at 3:18 AM, PyroBlaze said:

Character approved! Hooray for the faculty!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, moonshineTheleocat said:

@Dusty, did you still want to do the rp where Machina stops by HoT's house for a friendly visit?

Yes, that sounds like a lot of fun! And with how some things have been going down in real life... Well, I think I use some fun!