[Not Sponsored] Rosebush Dates

cVsaX4dm.jpg

Oh yeah... That energy this one caught a glimpse of from the stallion with the spear was apparently quite authentic. When she saw him at that minor crisis During the Wrapup she was wondering if maybe he'd downed twenty cups of coffee. The sort of feeling she got from him was they kind of stallion who could tire someone out if they were just watching him. Fiver couldn't help but smile at his eager introduction of the very idea of the dating booth along with the flowery and melodramatic method of speech, "Ahh.... Gotcha." cooed out the mare in a very mellow tone. "Hm... everyone looks like they may be fun company tonight, yourself included. Seems like pretty much everyone's hitched up though."

Now the chilled out peace pony definitely looked more Khamsa's speed. He looked like the type she could hang out with beyond this, "Nice to meet you, Mojo... Gotta admit the offer's tempting. Mind if I check out all the options though?" She gave the stallion a smirk. "I would like to probably hang out sometime after all this hoity toity gala stuff is over with."

Night Gliders worries about the Wonderbolt show managed to coax a more energetic action from the sleepy looking pegasus, "Nope, Accoring to the schedule you've got time... Devising the trick tonight was a drag. Since I can't do what they're gonna be needing tonight I had to find some ways to entertain myself... You've probabl....  got..." With each word the mare's eyes seemed to be growing heavier until she finally passed out mid sentence with an audible snore. "Zzz....hn?!" The Mar emanaged to perk back up and rub some of the sleep from her eyes. "Sorry, Like I was wrapping up to. Probably won't be doing the trick for another hour. So how have you been, Night Glider. Haven't seen you since the Wrap up."

The arrival of Agile speeds got a haphazard salute from the mare before, "Good to see you again... um... what's your name?" She asked, tilting her head, eyes still unfocused and hazy. 

Agile stared in shock at the Officer, "Chief Master Sergeant of the Wonderbolts, but I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't recognize me.  I'm not a performance flier,"

He gave her a smile, before turning back to the other REA mare.  

Ebony, on the other hoof, was still setting up picnic blank.  Hmm...seems that hippie stallion has taken into the Wondebolt.  Does she know Agile?  Hearing her question, she smirked, Of course not.  Agile's a socially-secluded idiot who walks around pretending to be high-and-elite.  She stopped next to Dawnguard and the older mare's picnic blanket, "Is there anything I can get for you two?  This is the gala, afterall," 

She ended with a sweet smile, pushing a punch bowl from another blanket over.

Mojo smiled at the words Khamsa.  She seemed to be a friendly sort of mare, but she did have a point.  The night was young and still full of possibilities.

"I get yur drift, doll.  Gotta check out the scene, that's cool with me," the Paint stallion said.  Perhaps the hippie brony would also have another look around.  Glancing back over at Dawnguard and Starflower, he noticed how the periwinkle furred unicorn mare continued to swoon over the dashing guard stallion.  Even when the hostess of the date stand walked over and asked the couple on the picnic blanket a question, Starflower seemed to still be in her own little dream world.

"I have everything I'll ever need right here.." the unicorn mare said dreamily before shaking her head and snapping back into reality.  "Oh, I mean, I'd like a glass of sparkling water, please."

Starflower sat and waited intently to hear more stories of daring from Dawnguard.

YPqzNU8.png

Paired up? 

Ah yes, on the blankets.

Well...date stand this might be, but there was no rule against sharing the company of more than one pony, was there? For a true meeting of heroic minds extending beyond the simplicity of a simple one-two - the bloodline of heroes yearned to reach out and bring all who might be lost in the darkness back into the light, to deliver all from the evils of the world! Surely no one here would dismiss the chance to share company with the valiant and noble hearts of the fine citizens of Equestria!

But before Dawnguard could offer the brown mare a seat next to the two of them, she was off to speak brown and white spotted Defender of Peace - an obviously inclined stallion, with the peace mark gracing the sides of his flanks - and so the white Pegasus turned his attentions back towards Nurse Starflower. The periwinkle mare was, in turn, still gazing raptly at him and requesting more stories, causing Dawnguard to grin and rub the back of his neck a bit awkwardly. Never did he tire of relating the exploits of Righteousness and Good throughout all the lands, not in a thousand moons would he tire!...but, it was, well. A bit of bad form to continue speaking on and on about himself, wasn't it? Mother always said that a honest stallion knew when to speak up and when to shut it.

In as many words.

The date vendor ambled back over then, causing Dawngaurd to straighten slightly at her questioning. "Indeed," he affirmed at the bat-winged mare's questioning, glancing towards Starflower in shared camaraderie, "the powers of Avenging Righteousness need only the hope and dreams of a thousand ponies forever locked in perilous plight against Evil! Down, spear hoof!" the REA guard cried out, as said hoof struggled to break loose its chains and shoot upwards towards the sky, rendering its all-encomposseing FURY down upon the earth. He only barely succeeded in regaining control, curling his spear hoof against his chest as he breathed deeply, regaining himself, before eventually turning back towards the light blue mare.  

"Ah, fair Flower Maid," the white Pegasus intoned, "but you have requested my company this evening, and yet my third eye has bequeath nothing of you! Tell me of yourself, Nurse Starflower!" Dawnguard paused, seeking out the bowl of punch that the date vendor had pushed over, and pouring first Starflower, then himself, a drink. "Does the bloodline of heroes call out to your veins as well? Beseeching a Righteous Avenger to exact vengeance on the roiling blackness that streaks across the night sky like a blighted flame?!" 

Ebony nodded to the mare's request, quickly abandoning her job of setting more blankets to grab a glass.  She walked past the talking couples, and smiled to see that everypony seemed...content.  She walked into the Gala, before tailing down a waiter for, a glass of sparkling water.  Then, she waited.

Huh, the decor is actually quite nice.  I admit I'm not so much a fan of this whole 'orchestral' thing-but I can see the music in that. 

Ooo...pretty lights.  That's a very nice chandelier.  

Oh!  Look at that pony-what a funny dress!

Her thoughts seemed to drag on, and she leaned on a nearby wall for support.  It was...well...ordinary.  There was nothing special about this gala yet, no big slime or the center ransacked by animals.  Yet.  

She was interrupted by the waiter offering the glass, and she flashed him a smile.  With that, she turned back to her date stand.  Let's see if anything happened at my stand~ 

"Oh my, I don't know where to begin," Starflower nervously neighed as the unicorn mare was still in awe of Dawnguard.

"Well, I founded a Clinic in a town close to Ponyville.  As a Nurse of many, I mean, for a short while, I felt the need to dedicate my life to helping my fellow pony stay healthy and happy.  I know the life of a pony nurse cannot compare to the exciting adventures of a handsome, sturdy soldier like you, but I do find my work very satisfying."

Starflower's monologue was interrupted when Ebony brought her the sparkling water she had ordered.

"Thank you, Miss Ebony," the periwinkle colored mare said as she accepted the drink and took a quick sip.

"Hey babe!" Mojo neighed as he stepped between Starflower and Ebony, facing the hostess of the event.  "I've been strikin' out with the other mares so far tonight, hope yur groovy offer still stands, you seem like a really hip chick ta me!"

"Go away, Mojo," Starflower whispered to the impatient Paint stallion, "don't ruin this night for me."

"Gotcha Stary, good luck baggin' that younger stallion," the hippie brony whispered back.  This prompted Starflower to drink the rest of her water and then levitate the goblet through the air to bonk Mojo on the head while still speaking to Dawnguard. 

"So, do you have, medical ponies, in your platoon?  Oh, I would love to volunteer for that duty.."

While Starflower continued to swoon over the soldier stallion, Mojo began to stagger around after getting bonked on the head while he continued to talk to Ebony..

"Whoa babe!  This is really far out!  I'm seein' stars and birdies circlin' mah, head..."

a changeling, using her favorite disguise, a rather matronly pegasus mare with a blue coat and purple mane, and wearing a simple purple gown, wandered around the Gala, smiling. "so this is the Gala...." Cerali murmured to herself, before spotting the dating booth. "....oh, why not....." she chuckled, trotting over to the booth. she didn't really expect to find anyone she'd start a relationship with, but it seemed like it'd be fun.

YPqzNU8.png

Mmm, yes, one could only imagine. 

The role of the Healer was a just and noble calling, a profession that passed through the sands of time like such shifts of smoke, for the forces of Evil would forever snap and tear at the righteous in hopes of hurting and maiming. It took one of steady heart and steadfast virtues to take on the responsibilities of healing the world of its hurt, as such a task would never be done, not until the end of days. The fair Maiden of Flowering Stars was one such spirit, and Dawnguard felt deeply honored to have been fated by the stars to meet her this evening.

So, too, did other stallions feel this way, causing the white Pegasus to blink inquisitively at the painted Peace Maker, who began to engage in what sounded like some furious whispering with Star-Studded Healer. Dawnguard sat a bit awkwardly on the sidelines and cast his gaze about to give the two a bit more privacy for their moment, taking note of a blue and purple Pegasus dressed in an elegant ballgown entering the area. She had just made her way over to the booth, but didn't seem to engage in any conversation.

Perhaps awaiting the return of the date vendor, to find her a suitably elegant companion to share the evening with? 

Dawnguard didn't have too much time to contemplate, however, as Nurse Starflower rather abruptly returned her attention towards him, apparently having had done with her other companion. "The path of the Healer is a much needed calling in the REA, truly," he answered, spear hoof slowly beginning to curl in front of his chest again, "and indeed, such a calling has been answered by many a noble pony! But in my squad? None have taken up the healer's staff," the white Pegasus stated somewhat morosely, for not many rookies willingly started themselves on the medical path. 

Though, before he could commiserate more on the lack of willing and able-bodied healers in the REA, his stomach chose this most inopportune time to let out a rather loud rumbling, causing the white Pegasus to shoot upwards onto his legs in surprise. By Celestia's Great Extensions - in all the fated meetings between Gliders of the Night and Starlit Flowers, he had completely forgotten his urgent quest to find food! And his stomach reaped its vengeance against him, another loud warbling causing a faint flush to pass over Dawnguard's face.

"A-ah, I - ahem," the REA guard cleared his throat, the vestiges of his blush fading away as he turned to face the Nurse once more, "it would seem that moon deigns to call me away, for I have left off my quest for too long. Perhaps the sun will shine down on another fated meeting between us, oh Fair Maid of Flowers, bespoken unto my third eye." Dawnguard paused, eyes closed as his impassioned words sprang forth from their fountain, and held his pose a moment longer before turning around. "Until then..." and a small, mysterious glance back over his shoulder, "fare you well!"

And with that, Dawnguard trot off from the rosebushes, affecting a serious and sombre gait...though, that lasted only a few seconds before he was trotting much more naturally, already salivating a bit at the idea of getting some food in him.

A Chosen One couldn't exactly work on an empty stomach, after all!

[[ Exit ]]

Archived