Does the success of Pokemon Go...

Can't really say much as I haven't played/tried it myself as I can't because I'm not rich enough for an advanced cell phone.

Some of the news stories though...

Are funny, disconcerting and interesting all at the same time.

Also... is it Generation 1 pokemon only? I haven't seen any other gens of pokemon in any of the pictures I've seen yet...

It's a great indicator that Nintendo could really make a killing in the mobile space with no hardware overhead for them. Kinda wish the game would get its kinks/server lag sorted out.

I heard other generations of pokes will appear in the game later, probably to keep it fresh.

1 hour ago, Rosewind said:

It's a great indicator that Nintendo could really make a killing in the mobile space with no hardware overhead for them. Kinda wish the game would get its kinks/server lag sorted out.

I heard other generations of pokes will appear in the game later, probably to keep it fresh.

That's kinda why I haven't touched the game yet. I sall all the counts of it being buggy and decided that I'd do with it like I do with any Bethesda game that's released. Wait until after the first few patches, and then buy the game.

Everything about this is wrong. Nintendo did not develop Pokemon Go. Niantic developed it with it being published by 'The Pokemon Company' (No really, that's what they're named) The app has not made them billions, though it has made them a few million in just that week with plenty more sure to come. Their market share has gone up by billions, which is a completely different thing.

As for the question, Nintendo likes doing their own hardware, and I can't see them bowing out of that unless their next home console did incredibly poorly. They'll definitely stay in the handheld market. Unless they royally screw that up or a competitor can somehow top the 3DS, they aren't leaving that space any time soon.

8 hours ago, Rosewind said:

I know for a fact that they are indeed getting more server space for some of this issue. There was also an update yesterday that fixed up a few of the problems. With a bit more time, it'll be a much more solid app. There's a lot of metrics involved so I'm sure Niantic is using that to better work their magic.

I wouldn't mind trying it after hearing too much about it but I'm too poor to get an 'advanced' cell phone.

Archived