Star vs. the Forces of Evil

Anyone following this? Season 2 just started. It's simply fantastic. It's one of the few animated series (outside ponies) that's made me laugh out loud. It's got an amazing art style, strong as hell characters, and it's just plain fun to watch. I really like the titular character -- she's absolutely nuts but also an absolutely sincere analogue to what makes a young girl. You can totally like cute stuff and kick ass!

:star:

i actually had no idea the second season was out, thanks for reminding me! I watched through the first one day while I was up at university and I actually really liked it. It didn't necessarily blow me away but the latter half of the season was really something else and really kicked things into gear. 

What were your thoughts on the beginning of season 2? Worth the wait?

I really liked the opener. It's also nice to see Ludo is still in the picture, for good or ill. I'm really interested on what Toffee is up to, since he's the real evil Star has to deal with. This got signed on for a Season 3 already too.

8 minutes ago, Rosewind said:

I really liked the opener. It's also nice to see Ludo is still in the picture, for good or ill. I'm really interested on what Toffee is up to, since he's the real evil Star has to deal with. This got signed on for a Season 3 already too.

Well.. that's a blessing and a curse. There wasn't tons of it, but there is an overarching story. I kinda hope they have an end point in mind at some point where it all accumulates together and comes to a satisfying end. Kinda like Gravity Falls did! I liked how they did it.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Rosewind said:

Brilliant new episode today! I hope we see Willowby again.

This cartoon is a smile-a-second, Disney really has a winner on its hands with this one.

They are doing pretty well for themselves. I mean, yeah, a lot of their stuff is just inoffensive kids stuff, but between Star and Gravity Falls, I think they might have realized that taking risks on something a little weird is not a bad thing, and I like that.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I FINALLY started to watch this awhile back. Slowly....and since Disney apparently hates money and does not want to release seasons of their shows on DVD (Gravity Falls anyone?) it has taken me a bit, and I've finally seen 'em all.

Fun show. Fun characters. Reminds me of Adventure Time..Looks cute and colorful at first glance, but it can be rather deep and dark once you see a few episodes.

Anyone watch this show? :kissy:

• 3 weeks later...

Curious what they're going to do with Eclipsa and Meteora...and what was the deal with Toffee? He seemed to go out of his way not to hurt in the good guys in his last episode, but they still outright wasted him. :|

• 2 weeks later...

I watched pretty much everything via either my cable's 'On Demand' feature or Disney's on Demand App.

They do these interesting 'chats' with the characters live via Youtube. They're all animated and voiced by the actors. It can be a bit odd.

Archived